Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
I loved this game back in the day. Crazy amount of variation in the gameplay, and it used vertical space really well.

But I never understood what the difference between Electro and Shocker is and why the latter isn't the big bad in this game considering he has the marginally less ridiculous outfit. Electro is some trash-tier fodder-looking dude from the jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

The Shocker's powers actually aren't electrical. They're seismic. Concentrated airblasts vibrating at high frequency to cause all sorts of nasty tremors, even worse if it hits a human body. He's Shocker in the sense of an "Aftershock", not an electric jolt. The distinction confused me as a kid too. It doesn't help that the developer thought he had electric powers too or something? Spidey makes a quip about "electrician school".

See I've only ever seen him in this game and nowhere else other than random artwork. They should have called him Fracker.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I like The Seismaster

Considering his contribution to the game was but a minor tremor, I see some fault in calling him a 'master'. Points for being the only superpowered character to have a quilted mask, though!

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Wow this game is waaay shorter than I remember. Being a dumb kid who doesn't get the hints about bosses will do that I guess. I loved that there were a ton of alternate costumes as well, but I was always disappointed that they neglected to include my favourite Spider-Man: Man-Spider.

• Locked thread