Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9Os_2nnEY

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice is the newest installment in Capcom's popular Ace Attorney series, which follows the legal adventures of Phoenix Wright and his law agency. It's the 6th main game and the 10th game overall and comes out on the 8th of September. This installment finds Phoenix traveling to the Kingdom of Khura'in, an Asian country which has tailored its law system in such a way as to make defense attorneys nonexistent also they killed them all, instead trying cases due to the interpretation of the victim's last memories. Phoenix must find a way to bring true justice to this country and revolutionize their legal system from within. Meanwhile, back in Los Angeles, Phoenix's proteges Apollo and Athena are left to their own devices at the agency, encountering a person who seems to know about Apollo's past.

Characters:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix is the head of the Wright Anything Agency, and has been a lawyer for like 5 of the last 11 years, so it's totally fine. Ignore that 7 year gap. It's fiiiine. He finds himself in Khura'in after a worrisome conversation with an old friend. Has a knack for turning bad situations around. Can use his Magatama to find out when people are lying.

Apollo Justice

THIS IS APOLLO JUSTICE AND HE'S FINE! The second lawyer to join the Anything Agency, he's taking care of things at home while Phoenix is away. A very intense boy who usually acts as the straight man to his co-workers. Can use his bracelet to perceive people's poker faces.

Athena Cykes

A young attorney and analytical psychologist, she joined the Agency last year. She's very peppy and perky and generally pleasant to be around. Can use her Mood Matrix to analyze a person's emotions during testimony.

Rayfa Padma Khura'in

The princess of Khura'in, she performs the Divination Seance, a ritual that allows one to see a departed spirit's final thoughts and sensations. She's also 14. What is it with this series and teenage girls?

Maya Fey

Phoenix's assistant for his early career, she's finally back! As the heir to the Kurain Spirit Channeling Technique, she's currently in Khura'in studying to become the Master of her school. These names may or may not be related.

Nahyuta Sahdmadhi

An international prosecutor, he tries cases in both Khura'in and America. A respected monk, he believes that convicting criminals in court will bring them salvation. He seems to remember Apollo, but how???

Ema Skye

Obsessed with forensics all her life, Phoenix helped Ema with a case in the first year of his career. Later, she would serve an unsatisfying stint as a homicide detective before being put into her dream job of a forensic scientist. She'll assist Apollo with investigations back home.

Divination Seance:

One of the key gameplay elements of SoJ, the Divination Seance allows the courtroom to see what the victim saw and felt at their final moments. It's up to Phoenix to use this information, along with the evidence, to challenge Rayfa's interpretation of what happened and to find the truth.

Spirit of Justice will be available September 8th for digital download only from the Nintendo eShop. There's costume DLC which will be free for the first year of release and a DLC case plus some mini episodes which have not been announced for localization yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Glad I was able to finish Dual Destinies (and finishing Justice for All and Trials & Tribulations earlier this year) so I could be fully prepared for this new one!

Ema is cool and I hope she's back to her AA1 self this time around

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The demo was way too short so I'm now even more hype than I was before.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFldBVWFgWo

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Oh poo poo, new Ace Attorney? This snuck up on me :woop:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I haven't seen this in forever and it's almost ten years old at this point. drat...

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Where the hell is Gumshoe, pal?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

legoman727 posted:

Where the hell is Gumshoe, pal?

The chief of police rarely gets involved in regular officer affairs. we all saw what happened last time the chief was involved heavily in a case

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm ready to object, Your Honor.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You're forgetting one thing, Your Honor! You're forgetting that the witness on the stand right now, is a loving GHOST

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm ready to head back to Japanifornia.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

To be honest I'm most excited for Turnabout Sisters 2016.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'm ready to play my lawyer game involving ghosts and spirit channelers and stepladders.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Apollo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Athena

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also RIP Mia.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm ready to play my lawyer game involving ghosts and spirit channelers and stepladders.

They're just ladders.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

They're just ladders.

Pope Guilty, please. It's 2016. I think we've moved past such labels.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Is it Thursday yet?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Also RIP Mia.

She's still alive you fool! There's still time!!!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Having the game release on the date that case started would've been cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Another installment in the wacky adventures of Phoenix Wright - Ace Dad - and his gaggle of children and Charley.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm never going to skip Rayfa's cutesy dance animation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

i'm never going to skip Rayfa's cutesy dance animation

Ace Attorney has a stock transformation sequence, it is finally an anime.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mia Fey is dead

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I heard the cops are going to pin the crime on her little sister? Bullshit, I say, but they've got Demon Attorney Miles Edgeworth prosecuting her so I guess case closed :shrug:

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

3 days until it's released! I can't wait.

Carlosologist posted:

The chief of police rarely gets involved in regular officer affairs. we all saw what happened last time the chief was involved heavily in a case

When was it said that Gumshoe is the chief of police?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Yukari posted:

When was it said that Gumshoe is the chief of police?

In my heart.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Did that Ace Attorney meets Professor Layton game ever get an English release?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes, a few years back.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The Wright vs Layton game was released before Dual Destinies in Japan, but the opposite was true for the west. I'm holding out hope for the same being true for ~~Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken~~, but chances seem... pretty slim.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm really enjoying Jack Hammer's work in the latest Steel Samurai series. Deffo a top 3 Evil Magistrate performance.

Junpei Hyde fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 6, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The game should be available around noon on Thursday? Or something, that's usually when the eshop updates.

Or can you preorder this one?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

The game should be available around noon on Thursday? Or something, that's usually when the eshop updates.

Or can you preorder this one?

Yes the eshop updates at 12 EST/9 PST aside from special big releases of which Ace Attorney is decidedly not. I'm not at my 3DS atm so I'll check if it can be preordered later but I doubt it. Someone would've mentioned it by now right??

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Regy Rusty posted:

Yes the eshop updates at 12 EST/9 PST aside from special big releases of which Ace Attorney is decidedly not. I'm not at my 3DS atm so I'll check if it can be preordered later but I doubt it. Someone would've mentioned it by now right??

Yeah and I could have sworn the last game could be pre-ordered too. Not a big deal, I have a chance to grab it before a long trip I start on the 13th.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bogart posted:

Did that Ace Attorney meets Professor Layton game ever get an English release?

Yeah. It's half of an alright Layton game mixed with half of an alright AA game which is just about (or slightly less than, depending on how you view the ending) the sum of its parts.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The actual cases were pretty good and it had some genuine character moments with Phoenix, that was nice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The introductory video for this game contains the line "One of the remnant lawyers, then...." and a mountain full of lawyer tombstones where it is always windy. This game is going to own.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I really liked the Phoenix and Maya bits, but the Layton stuff was mostly boring IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
Thanks for rebooting the thread. I checked out of the last one until I had a chance to finish the AAI2 translation, so I otherwise would've completely missed the news of this game!