Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You can preload this and play at midnight on release, lmao

Comes with a free Theme as well.

Great, I can turn off the alarm clock I had set to go off on 9/16 at 12:01.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

Going from DQ7 straight into Builders is gonna be amazing.

when is builders coming out for wii u

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Finally completing the rainbow bridge and crossing to the last area in Dragon Warrior was amazing to me as a kid, it took me forever to get the parts. The Rainbow Drop and something else as I recall.

I think it was a staff of rain or something.

I played through 1-6 on my phone this year (only played 1 and 4 as a kid), it was quite the trip. Don't think I could pick a favorite, they're all great.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Finally got to start playing this. I sort of wish they hadn't sped up the intro, I wouldn't have minded a few puzzles to do in Estard.

but yeah this game is so comfy you just bash slimes and it heals your soul

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

rediscover posted:

theres a little lag but its not enough to make me not want to control my own party members like some kind of hosed up retard. it is annoying though

DQIV remake had it where characters like Torneko would do goofy poo poo that wasn't in the command list if you didn't use follow orders, dunno if there's anything like that in this one.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I wish Nintendo Power was around to give this a six page spread.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Woohoo! Im on fire! Im on fire! - child with fire on his head

idea- a collector's edition lootcrate that comes with a little fire hat

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just finished the volcano island.

I think at my current pace I'll finish this game just in time for the DQVIII remake

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Maribel is pwnage and LATER game spoiler i was sad when she left the party which i think is permanent

i refuse to believe that spoiler

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm on the animal island.

Same. Kind of bummed I couldn't save Germantown.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I died at the slaughtamaton cause I used up my MP on the fight before it not knowing there was another one

classic RPG feelz

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

the only way to get the platinum heart is to get every mini medal in the game and some are missable permanently i believe

poo poo like that is why i don't try to 100%

also cause I have like an hour of daily gaming time and won't even reach the post game until 2017

e: bet this slime is absolutely bitchin' though

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

What if DQ9 gets a Switch remake with amiibo support in 2018? Id like to just play remade DQ games, in order, forever and ever

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

dq8 is out this month for 3ds

I preordered but I know I'm not gonna finish 7 before it hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Squeenix released ports of DQ1-3 in Japan for 3DS meaning you can now play every single DQ game on the system , but they also did the lovely thing they pulled with the PC ff ports by using the mobile versions with basically no tweaks and it looks like butthole on the console

no word if the west will ever get these. Also the DQ1 port is free if you beat DQXI which is neat, they email you a download code for it when you pop the Beat the Game trophy

The mobile versions are good on phone. They made them all playable in vertical mode so I could play them standing up on the subway.

• Locked thread