Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I do recall his breakdown and being fascinated by the many strange videos of lifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

i really only remember him cause he was the final boss in awful fantasy 3

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
^ same. That game is a treasure trove of fossilized forums humor

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Why isn't there an app like tripadvisor but for elevators? I feel like there's demand for this sort of thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
thank you Lowtax, for this blast from the past. with Derek Smart running his own subforums SA has really captured the classic feel.

Lowtax, are you planning to get badly beaten by any minor celebrities on TV any time soon?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
wasn't he going to make the best doom level to end all doom levels or was that another guy?

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
My favourite elevator video, with an entirely sane father and son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf_qNK_fJbw

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Rutibex posted:

thank you Lowtax, for this blast from the past. with Derek Smart running his own subforums SA has really captured the classic feel.

Lowtax, are you planning to get badly beaten by any minor celebrities on TV any time soon?

he's going to sell the forums to Sam Jain

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

surrender posted:

the ultimate revenge

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

walgreenslatino posted:

Wait I thought that Radium was reviewing elevators on YouTube now. Do they know each other, do they hang out at the elevator community gatherings

Is that what happens to all of Lowtax's enemies, do they all undergo a Damascene conversion to elevator fandom

Where can I see Uwe Boll praising the germanic efficiency of an elevator or Shmorky reviewing one in a squeakey cartoon voice

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

surrender posted:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber/shaileshkumar-p.-jain

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

How does one monetize such a "career"? Kinda seems like my dream job?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
I deliberately moved to an apartment located high up in a Soviet highrise so I'd get to ride an elevator every day.

Originally, these things used to be bizarre 1970s plywood things with no doors on the car, which made them SO EXCITING!

Unfortunately, they have since been rebuilt into extremely boring stainless steel things and the machine doesn't let out an amazing hollow clunk when you start it anymore.

I feel cheated and wronged.

I am being completely unironic.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I vaguely recall him.....

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I wonder if Cactus Frankie ever got those 3DO files he was looking for

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

FistEnergy posted:

I vaguely recall him...

Same, but nothing really specific. Just one of the various minor oddballs who come and go.

Kind of interesting to see how/where some of them end up.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 5, 2016

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Lowtax you should invite him back for an AMA.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Wow he looks old now. I had no idea he had a Yt channel either. Memories.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Lowtax have you been in contact with Fragmaster recently? I miss Kevin Bowen's nice voice

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I read about him in the SAclopedia and he's pretty obviously autistic. I like how he had a weird obsession with school buses.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I wish King K. Rool were in Super Smash Bros. he was a dope end boss

speaking of which whatever happened to end boss month??

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me
I HATE YOU KING REoL

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Here's his old SA signature. Why do I have this saved? I really don't know. Something is wrong with me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I remember being REoL tuff

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
More like REoL depressing

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Holy poo poo I haven't thought about him in years.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=91269

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i miss the old internet

the crazy people were crazier and everything felt like the wild west. :clint:

*poop socks*

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Lowtax posted:

No real point to this thread, just wanted to treat the old school Goons to a "where are they now?" special.

do one about Euronymous next

(the goon not the guy who was killed by Varg... they're different people right??)

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPq_IFQUSec

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I remember King REoL and Doom levels and stuff.

Earwicker posted:

do one about Euronymous next

(the goon not the guy who was killed by Varg... they're different people right??)

He was pretty like a pony. Also, the anti-goon (right?).

The forums have grown dark and cynical. Could 'airdisc' happen in this environment? I think not.

EDIT: And whoever gave me the Trump tower screwed up my avatar image, can you please fix that Lowtax because I've been a loyal member of the forums oh these many years? Thx in adv.

Un-l337-Pork fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 6, 2016

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
sometimes i think back to those old days and wonder if all those truly exceptional retards like euronymous, tasty, fiwer, etc ever grew out of it and blossomed forth from stunted sustained adolescence into functional adulthood, now looking back with nostalgia and chagrin over what complete dipshits they made of themselves in their younger incarnations like the rest of us, or whether they just became older versions of the same shrieking fuckups they were during the willenium

i don't care enough to find out, but i'm glad reol at least found some peace, even if it's by reviewing elevators for autists

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I always thought William F Slater would've made a much better archnemesis, but you get what you get, I guess.

So what phase are we in, now?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

an oddly awful oud posted:

sometimes i think back to those old days and wonder if all those truly exceptional retards like euronymous, tasty, fiwer, etc ever grew out of it and blossomed forth from stunted sustained adolescence into functional adulthood, now looking back with nostalgia and chagrin over what complete dipshits they made of themselves in their younger incarnations like the rest of us, or whether they just became older versions of the same shrieking fuckups they were during the willenium

i don't care enough to find out, but i'm glad reol at least found some peace, even if it's by reviewing elevators for autists

Euro grew up to be an Aussie Patrick Bateman. Tasty sells insurance and is hoping to b-be the boss one day. Fiwer makes lets plays on youtube and ended up falling in love with and marrying his waifu Yuna.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 6, 2016

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Christ we're old.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Philthy posted:

Christ we're old.

Welcome.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also who wrote the original Dear Richard letters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

That's Windows 7. Exactly how long was he obsessed with you, Lowtax? Jesus.

• Locked thread