Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

TremorX posted:

I always thought William F Slater would've made a much better archnemesis, but you get what you get, I guess.

Wild Bill F. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE INTERNET Slater III wouldn't have given up and moved on to film elevators for YouTube, that's for a sure. He's more of a mover and a shaker, a real Bitcoin man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cuck cuck im gay posted:

That's Windows 7. Exactly how long was he obsessed with you, Lowtax? Jesus.

This is poo poo I want the backstory to.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

cuck cuck im gay posted:

That's relatively new, it at least goes back when he was probably still using Windows 98SE.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

This is poo poo I want the backstory to.

*gets banned*

*is still mad 3 operating system releases later*

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Howard Beale posted:

Wild Bill F. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE INTERNET Slater III wouldn't have given up and moved on to film elevators for YouTube, that's for a sure. He's more of a mover and a shaker, a real Bitcoin man.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me in the least...

I wonder if REoL actually calls each floor a "phase"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cuck cuck im gay posted:

*gets banned*

*is still mad 3 operating system releases later*

I mean, I want to read the transcript.

I want a peak into the mind that does this poo poo.

Just like the women that decides to read, https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Killers-Method-Madness-Monsters/dp/0425196402

which is many and varied.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I deliberately moved to an apartment located high up in a Soviet highrise so I'd get to ride an elevator every day.

Originally, these things used to be bizarre 1970s plywood things with no doors on the car, which made them SO EXCITING!

Unfortunately, they have since been rebuilt into extremely boring stainless steel things and the machine doesn't let out an amazing hollow clunk when you start it anymore.

I feel cheated and wronged.

I am being completely unironic.

I thought you were in rehab

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When is he going to start doing commentaries over other people's elevator videos, or commentary over famous elevator video clips is what I like to know. I'd like to hear his opinions on this elevator vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbuMEBPva8Y&t=45s

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

My first memory of these forums is immediately being accused of being Euronymous after my very first post in FYAD

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

12gaugelobotomy posted:

Yea, filming elevators has its ups and downs.

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CrudMonkey posted:

My first memory of these forums is immediately being accused of being Euronymous after my very first post in FYAD

Did you used to post in FYAD back when it was a creative writing flamewar forum? I cant remember if euro posted there then or if it was later when fyad was the chill hangout post anything place.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Ohnonotme posted:

My favourite elevator video, with an entirely sane father and son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf_qNK_fJbw

If you think about it a train is just a sideways elevator

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Mega64 posted:

Worcester, Massachusetts
This was funny until I found out how close he lives to me.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh are we playing Where Am I Now? Then? Ok, I'll go next. Where Am I Now?

Right here!

This concludes another thrilling edition of Where Am I Now?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Harveygod posted:

From an ex...

it's pronounced "Wooster"

Enjoy the second layer.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Pawn 17 posted:

Did you used to post in FYAD back when it was a creative writing flamewar forum? I cant remember if euro posted there then or if it was later when fyad was the chill hangout post anything place.

It was like in January 2003 I think. I believe it was in the transition phase between those two stages. I posted a dumb link to a site that got hacked into a html chat site where people kept posting the pain series of jpegs.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has always be a class A nutter. I can't believe he has given up on his passion of harassing Lowtax and making doom mods.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lowtax posted:

Last time I checked on his Youtube channel, he was spending his time creating and uploading 2,698 videos of himself riding elevators and reviewing them, a fan favorite amongst the large group of people in The Elevator Community Wiki. However, I recently noticed he has expanded his content to include:

I remember him being obsessive about putting meticulous detail into his bad Doom maps but that's a whole new level of crazy :stare:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lowtax posted:

No real point to this thread, just wanted to treat the old school Goons to a "where are they now?" special.

Thank you Lowtax! :)

Jerk Tannon
Aug 15, 2001
I remember EVERYTHING.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm an old Goon and yes I remember this guy, but I might never have thought of him again without this thread, so thanks for that, Lowtax

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Harveygod posted:

condolences to you for living in central mass

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
Wait, wait, wait...he's stopped making maps for a 20+ year old FPS?!?

OUTRAGED!

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Did he used to have a beard? I feel like I remember him with one. Without it he looks like if Jason Sudeikis was playing a character that's supposed to make you sad instead of laugh.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Oh are we playing Where Am I Now? Then? Ok, I'll go next. Where Am I Now?

Right here!

This concludes another thrilling edition of Where Am I Now?

who u?i remember p much all old goons but not u, welcome back anyway

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Node posted:

Here's his old SA signature. Why do I have this saved? I really don't know. Something is wrong with me.

ah, the "armies" of SA...

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Al Cowens posted:

ah, the "armies" of SA...

Hey, I was in the insomnia army and it ruled ok

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
King loving REoL. What a goddamned nutcase.

I wonder what TAOC TEH WODNER DOG is up to.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I miss TAOC.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

yea i remember king reol because i've been posting on these forums since like 2000 which sounds sad when i type it out

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

yea i remember king reol because i've been posting on these forums since like 2000 which sounds sad when i type it out

if you think that's sad try playing it on an oboe

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lowtax posted:

A little post of his from history: Message From King REoL.

Last time I checked on his Youtube channel, he was spending his time creating and uploading 2,698 videos of himself riding elevators and reviewing them, a fan favorite amongst the large group of people in The Elevator Community Wiki. However, I recently noticed he has expanded his content to include:

He even interacts with his viewers, letting them vote on where he should film himself bowling next! This is a particularly fetching video, as you get to see what the man, the legend looks like. It's basically what you would expect:

No real point to this thread, just wanted to treat the old school Goons to a "where are they now?" special. I do encourage all of you to check out his channel and be amazed by the excitement of utter banality. And remember to read the comments for each video, because no matter how inane the video is, there are huge fans who love to share their opinions of the topic in question, such as which company produces the best elevator floor buttons, and how peeved they get when the hydraulics are slower than they should be. The internet is truly a magical and wonderful place!

I used to confuse him for eloH because I'm an idiot

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Holy poo poo, I never thought I'd hear this guy's name again. I used to get drunk and troll that old "somethingsawful.com" site as King REoL many moons ago. Good times.

Glad to see that he's still as crazy as ever.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

why is lowtax a deleted user :tinfoil:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Kind of sad to see a dude put that much effort into his YouTube channel and for it to go nowhere. I suppose it makes him happy though.

Also in his latest bowling video he says "Well some backdoor action helped there" and I had a silly chuckle.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

cuck cuck im gay posted:

isn't that Vista?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
King REoL is weird even by the standards of most of the forum weirddos from back then considering he was already in his 30s when he started posting around here, and didn't even have the excuse of being a teenager to explain his behaviour.

The elevator thing is profoundly strange but at least it's pretty harmless.

Also did fiwer actually get married? :psyduck:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

-Troika- posted:

Also did fiwer actually get married? :psyduck:

Didn't Fiwer get banned after admitting that his emo act was a gimmick and he was getting married, only to come back and say THAT was the gimmick post and that he really was SO LONELY?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

sout posted:

isn't that Vista?

even if it is, my point still stands because Vista didn't come out until 2007, so this guy was mad for literally years afterwards

Also I'm the AOL software icon on the lower left-hand corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I know a girl who interviewed him for some local news station and he spent the entire time awkwardly flirting with her

• Locked thread