Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

How much does it cost to fill up a VW bus op?

Well, if it is a '77 VW bus, and if you live near me out here on the west coast, the tank would probably hold about 14.6 gallons.

A station nearby lists their gas at $2.65..

So roughly about $39.00-42.00 or somewhere around there? I'm horrible with math though...don't use me as your calculator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Stop reading reddit and go outside your mom's basement and talk to a woman.

But I'm trying to be helpful! *flails*

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the selfless or cooperate individual(s) does in fact have the better "play" unless others attempt to take advantage of them

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
We are living the prisonners dilemma everyday. Capitalism along with the nuclear family unit as principle societal organization and other factors has led to individuals behaving with short-sighted selfishness, choosing the rare short-term nominal gain over the more advantageous option. How does this link to you thinking you were Guinevere in a past life btw?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

i like that posted:

We are living the prisonners dilemma everyday. Capitalism along with the nuclear family unit as principle societal organization and other factors has led to individuals behaving with short-sighted selfishness, choosing the rare short-term nominal gain over the more advantageous option. How does this link to you thinking you were Guinevere in a past life btw?

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord salad!

Absolutely angry at the rule that prevent me from telling you to determine your short term future.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

i like that posted:

I'm not sure that it does. I'll admit that I may have a wire loose here or there, but really, my heart is in the right place. I feel as if I'm trying to pick up on or understand something. And part of that something involves getting other people to pick up on that something too. I'm sorry - if anything I say seems batty, just ignore me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sunset posted:

Well, if it is a '77 VW bus, and if you live near me out here on the west coast, the tank would probably hold about 14.6 gallons.

A station nearby lists their gas at $2.65..

So roughly about $39.00-42.00 or somewhere around there? I'm horrible with math though...don't use me as your calculator.

I'll use you as my posting toilet.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
OP I think you might be severely mentally ill, just fyi

The Rear Admiral
Sep 24, 2007
OP, if you're just going to try and inject irrationality (altruism, malevolence, etc) into games, it's just not going to work.

Like, deterrence games fall apart real fast if one player is just 'batshit insane'

Here's a better use for game theory for you. Try and answer this question:

What conditions can cause a war (conflict) between two players where both:

a) don't want a war.

b) understand that war is always the sub-optimal outcome (what can be achieved by war can always technically be achieved through peace at less cost)

Edit: Actually, look up The Evolution of Cooperation by Robert Axelrod. That may be more what you are looking for.

The Rear Admiral fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Stop reading reddit and go outside your mom's basement and talk to a woman.

genuinely flabbergasted by this post

• Locked thread