Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

VietCampo posted:

Pick 3 Full PPR with return yards

Keenan Allen @KC
Jarvis Landry @SEA
Jordy Nelson @JAX
Golden Taint @IND
Marvin Jones @IND

Agree with Allen/Landry/Jordy but keep an eye on the Jordy news this week. There's talk that he's not ready for a full slate of snaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

aellisr posted:

T.Sharpe v Minnesota
-or-
C.Michael v Miami

Leaning C Mike, actually completely falling on him, but still wanted to see what the consensus is. 0.5 PPR league, Mariota is my QB2, so if Sharpe does something remarkable then I'll still have some exposure towards it.

Yeah, go with CMike.

------

I've got one more - 0.5PPR 12 teamer. Need an RB2 and a flex out of the following:

CJ Anderson vs Carolina on a Thursday night. Ew.
Langford @ HOU
DJax vs PIT
Lockett vs MIA
Sims @ ATL

Leaning Langford and DJax.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

0.5 PPR, 12 man, pick 2 of the three:

Mark Ingram vs Oak
LeSean McCoy @ Bal
Spencer Ware vs SD

I should obviously be doing Ingram and McCoy, right? Or is SD so bad and Ware going to blow up or something that it's worth the gamble?

Also, Landry @ Sea or Fitzgerald vs NE?

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

winvirus posted:

Mark Ingram vs Oak
LeSean McCoy @ Bal
Spencer Ware vs SD

I should obviously be doing Ingram and McCoy, right? Or is SD so bad and Ware going to blow up or something that it's worth the gamble?

Ok humblebrag time for a keeper league but I really don't know who to play. 12 Team no PPR. Pick the odd man out.

D. Johnson vs NE
L. Miller vs Chi
Freeman vs TB
Ingram vs Oak

Anubis fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 7, 2016

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
I think your odd man is either Freeman or ingram, ive been reading that Freeman may be having a down year, and i think the saints will be down and throwing a lot this game.

Honestly though with your choices any of them could have an amazing game on the bench and make you feel like an idiot.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

winvirus posted:

Mark Ingram vs Oak
LeSean McCoy @ Bal
Spencer Ware vs SD

Last year ware had his breakout game against SD and shitted all over them. I'd bench Ingram.

Play Fitz. Seattle's defense is too good for Miami.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR do I start Rawls or C-Mike? Do we expect Rawls to be on limited snaps or anything?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Epi Lepi posted:

.5 PPR do I start Rawls or C-Mike? Do we expect Rawls to be on limited snaps or anything?

Impossible to tell until at least Friday if not Sunday morning. And perhaps not even then!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Yahoo .5 PPR Need to figure out this RB2 with Rawls looking uncertain as a starter:

Rawls vs MIami
Langford @ Houston
D Murray vs Minn
Abdullah @ Indy
Ware vs SD

My guess would be Ware if he actually ends up starting, but D Murray seems like a good choice, at least for week 1.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thwomp posted:

Stick with:

New England D/ST @ Arizona

Or pickup Philadelphia D/ST vs. Cleveland at the cost of dropping one of the following: Theo Riddick, Charles Sims, or Zach Miller (Dwayne Allen is primary TE).

If you got NE with the plan of sticking with them, I'd stay with NE. Eagles D/ST has had some pretty big booms over the past couple of seasons but I'm not sure it's worth messing with your lineup that much.

Need a QB and a Flex. NFL.com standard rules no PPR.

Roethlisberger @WAS
or
Stafford @IND

and

Frank Gore vs DET
Langford @ HOU
John Brown vs NE

Leaning Gore but I'm not sure if this is the year he finally falls apart, and I'm wondering if DET/IND turns into a shootout. :ohdear:

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

16 Team Non PPR

Looking to pick my Flex position.

Standard scoring.

RB James White, New England
RB Mike Gillislee, Buffalo (I'm starting McCoy)
WR Rishard Matthews, Miami
WR DeVante Parker, Tennesee
WR Terrelle Pryor, Cleveland
TE Jordan Cameron, Miami

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

Frank Gore vs DET
Langford @ HOU
John Brown vs NE

Leaning Gore but I'm not sure if this is the year he finally falls apart, and I'm wondering if DET/IND turns into a shootout. :ohdear:

I'd go Gore in this situation.

1 PPR, need an R2

Spencer Ware vs SD

or

Frank Gore @ Detroit

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jasjit Pabla posted:

16 Team Non PPR

Looking to pick my Flex position.

Standard scoring.

RB James White, New England
RB Mike Gillislee, Buffalo (I'm starting McCoy)
WR Rishard Matthews, Miami
WR DeVante Parker, Tennesee
WR Terrelle Pryor, Cleveland
TE Jordan Cameron, Miami

Matthews

Ty1990 posted:

I'd go Gore in this situation.

1 PPR, need an R2

Spencer Ware vs SD

or

Frank Gore @ Detroit

Ware

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so .3 ppr......

not sure if i wanna start Alshon or DeSean in flex.

Christine Michael or J.Stewart as my RB2? C.Mike is starting i believe.

J.Stewart against a good run defense....or an inconsistent Michael against Miami?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Non-ppr, pick one

Marvin Jones @ IND
Emmanuel Sanders vs CAR (Thursday)
John Brown vs NE
Sterling Shepard @ DAL
Devin Funchess @ DEN (Thursday)
Kamar Aiken vs BUF

Leaning Jones.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jones is the play there.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

Non-ppr, pick one

Marvin Jones @ IND
Emmanuel Sanders vs CAR (Thursday)
John Brown vs NE
Sterling Shepard @ DAL
Devin Funchess @ DEN (Thursday)
Kamar Aiken vs BUF

Leaning Jones.

Your instincts are correct.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Should I start Sanders tomorrow night (vs Cin) over the likes of Demarco Murray (vs Min) or Vincent Jackson (@ Atl)? .5 ppr.

I don't consider any of these guys my studs. This is an 8 team league so everyone is stacked. Just trying to figure out who my best Charles fill in is for a while...

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Pick TWO RBs, 0PPR ESPN:
Langford @ Houston
Matt Jones v Pittsburgh
Powell v. Cincinnati

It's not ideal but basically this is a Jones v. Powell decision.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Two questions:

1) PPR league: Latavius Murray @ NO or Demarco Murray vs MIN?

2) I drafted RG3 at the end of the draft as a joke, because everyone grabbed all the good QBs way earlier than they should have. The following QBs are available in my league:

Dak Prescott vs NYG
Jimmy Garoppolo @ARI
Carson Wentz vs CLE
Brock Osweiler vs CHI

Are any of these a significant upgrade? I want to eventually trade for a good QB, but my opponent this week has cornered the QB market, so I don't see him trading one to me this week.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In a full PPR I'm having trouble determining who should start RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX among the following:

-Todd Gurley
-Lamar Miller
-Keenan Allen
-T.Y. Hilton
-Spencer Ware
-Demaryious Thomas
-Marvin Jones
-Giovani Bernard
-Willie Snead

I'm thinking Gurley/Miller (duh) then Allen/Hilton/Jones.

that means starting Marvin Jones, a rookie, over Thomas, Bernard and Ware. I'm a little :ohdear: about this because I GUARANTEE Ware will have a touchdown. Also Demaryious is the stud here. A stud with a rookie starting his first game at quarterback. Thoughts?

Maybe I start Ware in that flex.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would go with the top 5 dudes you listed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks. They're in that order because I had them in there like that. I can wait on Jones.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Abdullah vs Ivory in standard?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Also, for the record, Marvin Jones is not a rookie.

Anyone have any thoughts on mine?

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've got one more - 0.5PPR 12 teamer. Need an RB2 and a flex out of the following:

CJ Anderson vs Carolina on a Thursday night. Ew.
Langford @ HOU
DJax vs PIT
Lockett vs MIA
Sims @ ATL

Leaning Langford and DJax.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That's what I would do.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Popero posted:

That's what I would do.

Thanks!

Dick Wolf
Apr 5, 2009
I am in a 16 team league and could use some advice on starters. It is 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te and one flex league with standard scoring. Since it is 16 teams there aren't many options in free agency.
A few questions:
Should I start Alex Smith vs San Diego or Andy Dalton @ NYJ
Also for flex should I start:
Danny Woodhead@ KC, Tajae Sharpe vs Min, TJ Yeldon vs GB, or Steve Smith Sr vs Buf.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Also, for the record, Marvin Jones is not a rookie.

Right, sorry. There needs to be a word for a guy with a new team the first year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ESPN 12-team 0ppr
Pick a flex:
Matt Forte vs. Cin
DeSean Jackson vs. Pit
Tavon Austin @ SF
Spencer Ware vs. SD
Pierre Garcon vs. Pit
Tim Hightower vs. Oak

I'm currently starting Forte, but Ware seems like a good option?

ESPN 10-team 1ppr
Pick a flex:
Brandon Marshall vs. Cin
DeMarco Murray vs. Min
Torrey Smith vs. LA
Tavon Austin @ SF
Spencer Ware vs. SD
Mohamed Sanu vs. TB
Pierre Garcon vs. Pit

Another case where Ware makes a good argument, but really any of these guys could be good for 10-12 points?

NFL.com 14-team 1ppr 5-point passing tds with kickoff/punt return yards:
Currently starting:
DeAngelo Williams and Doug Martin at RB
Emmanuel Sanders and Jordan Mathews at WR
Sterling Shephard at WR/RB FLEX
Sammy Watkins at WR/TE FLEX

Benched: Bilal Powell, Victor Cruz, Will Fuller.

Would you put Powell, Cruz, or Fuller in for any of the current starters?

MFL 0.5ppr standard scoring 12-team dynasty league
4pt passing yards as usual, 1pt per 25 return yards
Andy Dalton @ Jets
Blaine Gabbert vs. Rams
RGIII @ Phi

Start Dalton, right? NFL thinks Gabbert gets way more points, but that's... gotta be a long shot, even against the dog-rear end Rams, right?

Same league, currently FLEXing Maclin vs. SD. Other decent options are Gates @KC, Cobb @JAX, Boldin @IND, and Sanu vs. TB. Maclin seems like the best option in .5ppr, right?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

ESPN 12-team 0ppr
Pick a flex:
Matt Forte vs. Cin
DeSean Jackson vs. Pit
Tavon Austin @ SF
Spencer Ware vs. SD
Pierre Garcon vs. Pit
Tim Hightower vs. Oak

I'm currently starting Forte, but Ware seems like a good option?

ESPN 10-team 1ppr
Pick a flex:
Brandon Marshall vs. Cin
DeMarco Murray vs. Min
Torrey Smith vs. LA
Tavon Austin @ SF
Spencer Ware vs. SD
Mohamed Sanu vs. TB
Pierre Garcon vs. Pit

Another case where Ware makes a good argument, but really any of these guys could be good for 10-12 points?

NFL.com 14-team 1ppr 5-point passing tds with kickoff/punt return yards:
Currently starting:
DeAngelo Williams and Doug Martin at RB
Emmanuel Sanders and Jordan Mathews at WR
Sterling Shephard at WR/RB FLEX
Sammy Watkins at WR/TE FLEX

Benched: Bilal Powell, Victor Cruz, Will Fuller.

Would you put Powell, Cruz, or Fuller in for any of the current starters?

MFL 0.5ppr standard scoring 12-team dynasty league
4pt passing yards as usual, 1pt per 25 return yards
Andy Dalton @ Jets
Blaine Gabbert vs. Rams
RGIII @ Phi

Start Dalton, right? NFL thinks Gabbert gets way more points, but that's... gotta be a long shot, even against the dog-rear end Rams, right?

Same league, currently FLEXing Maclin vs. SD. Other decent options are Gates @KC, Cobb @JAX, Boldin @IND, and Sanu vs. TB. Maclin seems like the best option in .5ppr, right?

I'd start Ware over Forte and Cobb over Maclin, but I agree with everything else.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Need to decide whether to roll with Benjamin tomorrow night in my Flex, despite his snap count/conditioning questions against the Denver D.

0.5 PPR

K. Benjamin @ DEN
K. Stills @ SEA
K. Aiken vs BUF
C. Sims @ ATL

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Buane posted:

Need to decide whether to roll with Benjamin tomorrow night in my Flex, despite his snap count/conditioning questions against the Denver D.

0.5 PPR

K. Benjamin @ DEN
K. Stills @ SEA
K. Aiken vs BUF
C. Sims @ ATL

I'd really avoid playing Benjamin tomorrow. I like Sims, Aiken, Stills, in that order.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
10 man dynasty, .5 ppr.

Pick 2 Flex:

L Murray @NO
D Thomas v Car
Golden Tate @IND
Marvin Jones @IND
Charles Sims @ATL
Spencer Ware v SD

Bolded are the current two in the lineup. I think Tate is the easiest to replace in the of the two, but both Murray and Ware are tempting.

Also I'm currently starting Cam Newton at QB but Fpros says Derek Carr is the better play this week. Does anyone think Carr is worth starting? I'm leaning Cam pretty easily.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Pay attention to the match-up. Cam and Thomas are against great defenses. Both are gonna have down weeks.

Start Carr, Ware, and Murray.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RBX posted:

Pay attention to the match-up. Cam and Thomas are against great defenses. Both are gonna have down weeks.

Start Carr, Ware, and Murray.

With Cam and Thomas it is was a DSYS type deal, I hear ya about the defenses.

i also have big Ben if that matters to your suggestion.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 7, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd start Ware over Forte and Cobb over Maclin, but I agree with everything else.

Hmm.

I've decided I agree on Ware. Cobb, I'm less sure about. With Jordy back, I just don't have a good sense for how many targets he'll get.
...then again, he got 1400 yards in 2014. I guess WR2 against the Jacksonville defense isn't too shabby?

What really irks me is I'm traveling tomorrow and through the weekend so I won't get to watch any of these games.

Anyway thanks.

MacheteZombie posted:

With Cam and Thomas it is was a DSYS type deal, I hear ya about the defenses.

i also have big Ben if that matters to your suggestion.

Carr isn't officially a stud, yet, but he's getting there. Your dynasty team with Cam Newton, Big Ben, and Carr is stacked, congrats! I love that mix for matchups.

The Steelers are playing the Redskins monday night. With Bell out, I don't think Big Ben leans as heavily on the running game, and he is throwing the ball to #1 overall fantasy football player Antonio Brown.

I start Ben this week, and start Cam most weeks he's not up against a tough defense, after it's been confirmed he's shaken off the trauma of the superbowl and is still a good qb (which is why, given his very high ADP this year, I totally avoided him in all redrafts). I see how the Raiders seem to be playing and consider Carr as matchup-dependent, later in the season. I don't like risking him in week 1 compared to a very well known commodity like Roethlisberger.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 7, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm.

I've decided I agree on Ware. Cobb, I'm less sure about. With Jordy back, I just don't have a good sense for how many targets he'll get.
...then again, he got 1400 yards in 2014. I guess WR2 against the Jacksonville defense isn't too shabby?

What really irks me is I'm traveling tomorrow and through the weekend so I won't get to watch any of these games.

Anyway thanks.

Carr isn't officially a stud, yet, but he's getting there. Your dynasty team with Cam Newton, Big Ben, and Carr is stacked, congrats! I love that mix for matchups.

The Steelers are playing the Redskins monday night. With Bell out, I don't think Big Ben leans as heavily on the running game, and he is throwing the ball to #1 overall fantasy football player Antonio Brown.

I start Ben this week, and start Cam most weeks he's not up against a tough defense, after it's been confirmed he's shaken off the trauma of the superbowl and is still a good qb (which is why, given his very high ADP this year, I totally avoided him in all redrafts).

Thanks! Yeah after I went to adjust my lineup I remember Ben there and slotted him right in. Put in Ware over GTate, still on the fence about DThom or Latavius though. drat Thursday games pressuring my decisions.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm not sitting my studs but I can't deny there's a little voice in the back of my head telling me to start Stafford over Cam.

DET/IND is going to be a shootout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Stafford @ IND
Bortles vs GB

• Locked thread