Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

Chris Jericho showed up and said they can’t treat Owens this way, considering he’s the longest reigning Universal Champion in history
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Worst RAW since the brand split.
At least we still have Best Buddies Owens and Jericho.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Bo Dallas won a match.
YAY.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Holy Foley available now on the WWE Network

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/773001108079849472

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress it, just give Reigns the belt who cares anymore it's NFL time anyway

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
The Club and Sasha segments were in the bottom 100 segments in the history of raw.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alicia hit nia jax in the face with the thing and it made me laugh, that's my story.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Crazy Alicia Fox is always somewhat entertaining.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That first time SD beats Raw is going to be a golden time to view the thread. Book your calendars, next Wednesday at 4:15 or so PM Eastern

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress it, just give Reigns the belt who cares anymore it's NFL time anyway

I still care

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

mkay0 posted:

The Club and Sasha segments were in the bottom 100 segments in the history of raw.

Titus not even being able to take a beatdown properly comes close.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Why are The Club trying to be comedy characters?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

keevo posted:

The same reason they tried to swerve us with a fake retirement gimmick.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

who cares who has the fake belt on the bad show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The same reason they tried to swerve us with a fake retirement gimmick.

Vince was definitely behind one of these. I could see Hunter thinking his buddy Shawn losing his smile was terrific and that more of that is needed this era

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The "ringpost-itis" segments were funny in a dumb way.

The big problem with this week was whoever came up with the segment forgot about how live TV works. It's one thing to have the idea of "The New Day as old guys" (which isn't that funny to begin with, but stay with me here for a second), it's another to actually have this be something where they have to slowly come out, walk down to the ring, etc., then talk, then the real New Day enter, then the old guys have to leave somehow, and already we're way past the point where anyone could still care. You can't do Family Guy cutaway jokes on RAW. It's just not built for it.

It's not the Club, it's not the New Day (who didn't even get much of a chance to do things,) it was just a poorly planned segment that died instantly.

I will give them credit, I liked the unicorn in the wheelchair on the entrance graphic.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

love when a loving 3 hour show does not follow up on the big angle / return from last week. Great way to keep people watching

Only reason I even watched 1 hour of this stupid raw is cause its labor day and I forgot to schedule a trip somewhere

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

keevo posted:

I can only assume that they think the Club needs to be comedy characters because the New Day are comedy characters too and the last time they tried to give the New Day a "serious" feud was against the Wyatts and well, you saw how that went.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

here you go brother oatgan. maybe put something funny in the top right, i don't know.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Rhonne posted:

I can only assume that they think the Club needs to be comedy characters because the New Day are comedy characters too and the last time they tried to give the New Day a "serious" feud was against the Wyatts and well, you saw how that went.

And we would have been cool with it had they not tried their own version of the Final Deletion.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

fart blood posted:

Ralph Macchio was very funny on the Rob Lowe roast.

As someone who uses self deprecating humor a lot, I liked him more than the average roaster. It was nice to see a different approach than usual too. Peyton did well, Ross was great as always, and there's still a lot of Roasters I'll need to catch later since I was tuning in and out of it. Definitely looking forward to Jimmy Carr's stuff.

fart blood posted:

Ann Coulter is up now and she is being booed and she is very bad at this and she's clearly shook and she has an adam's apple.

She had one or two actual jokes that I could at least see the humor in, but the combination of her delivery and how everyone in the room legitimately hated her made it easily the "bad" roast of the night, and those can be just as fun as the good ones. She was worth it for the jokes at her expense and the death stare she was giving Jeff Ross, and others.

I'm trying to think of the last time someone got up there and just flat out died and I'm drawing a blank, but I feel like I can almost remember it. I know it happens at least once every two Roasts though.

I didn't see New Day and the Club's stuff, so Raw wasn't all that bad this week. I mostly read the F4W summary, and Owens saying that the crowd was trying to make it all about them during his big moment and that HHH did help but he did 98% of the work all sounds like good stuff to me. All hail the longest reigning Universal Champion of all time!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Noelle Foley: Human sex trafficker

e:

NowonSA posted:

I'm trying to think of the last time someone got up there and just flat out died and I'm drawing a blank, but I feel like I can almost remember it. I know it happens at least once every two Roasts though.

The Jersey Shore guy was a train wreck. I don't remember when it was or for who or which Jersey Shore guy it was, I just remember the very sickly mix of shadenfreude, pity, and disdain that it made me feel.

Cubone fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 6, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

NowonSA posted:

The Situation at the Trump roast.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This is the problem with Comedy Central's roasts, they drive up the ratings by bringing on a bunch of non-comedian celebrities who don't know how to do this at all. (And also they sometimes roast people who are just horrible, like Donald Trump, so it sucks when they soften the blow with "But really, we love you", etc.) I stopped watching them a while ago because the funny bits are overshadowed by the people who have no business being there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, I understand what happened and why it happened, but at the end of Raw tonight, I saw the best worker on Raw roster (and probably 2nd or 3rd best in the company overall) get laid out clean in the center of the ring and then become a total afterthought while Roman Reigns' music played.

Then I remembered how SmackDown took its best worker and strapped a rocket to his rear end and he's probably gonna be champ on Sunday.

Last week's main event put it off for a week, but man, Raw still kinda sucks a lot, especially compared to the rest of WWE's weekly programming.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shima Honnou posted:

I can't tell if you're talking about Stephanie McMahon or not.

i also had to double check

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jesus christ what is with wwe and praising moolah today

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jesus christ what is with wwe and praising moolah today

Pimps are cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roll a fatty for this pimp daddy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
was the sasha thing just a rehash of the mark henry fake retirement angle or what

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

NowonSA posted:

the last one i remember was the situation. dude probably has a real name but i couldn't tell you what it is for the life of me. joe derosa's dissection of him bombing on o&a is one of the funniest bits ever though.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Seams posted:

was the sasha thing just a rehash of the mark henry fake retirement angle or what

imagine that but then take out the cool parts and replace it with STEPHANIE MCMAHON'S WOMEN'S REVOLUTION and replace John Cena with Dana Brooke. Also Sasha isn't nearly as good a promo as Mizzark

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Everything that wasn't the opening segment was diarrhea.

Roman Reigns can go gently caress himself.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i like bo dallas

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

GenericMartini posted:

imagine that but then take out the cool parts and replace it with STEPHANIE MCMAHON'S WOMEN'S REVOLUTION and replace John Cena with Dana Brooke. Also Sasha isn't nearly as good a promo as Mizzark

sounds bad except for the dana brooke stuff, who rules.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ostentatious posted:

i like bo dallas

I Bolove Bo Dallas.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Bo with a trump style Bo-lieve yard sign was awesome

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the recap is too drat long but I'm assuming what happened is that they didn't want to even slightly turn Owens, HHH, Rollins, or Steph to the proper alignment that the crowd actually wants them to be in, so instead they inserted Roman Reigns into the title picture??

it's impressive that they went from having one guy who wasn't getting the correct crowd reaction to two. hell Rollins will probably get face heat too

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GenericMartini posted:

I had to leave right when the segment started, but did she seriously credit Stephanie with the women's revolution? Has there been a Raw since the brand split where they haven't done that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
okay i'm skimming the recap and what the heck

i guess bayley/charlotte and owens/zayn had matches that weren't anything special, my boy sin cara got squashed by BRAUN, there was a bad new day/club bit?, shining stars went over enzo/cass???, cesaro lost again???????, but hey at least bo won

• Locked thread