Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

rovert posted:

I've always brought people back to Earth about her. She needs to grow up and stop being a mark. If don't hear that Eddie Guerrero is her favourite wrestler again it will be too soon. If she wrestles Charlotte again at the Clash it will be another spotfest of varying levels of clumsiness.

lol wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OctoberCountry posted:

People saying that Dean has regressed in-ring and isn't as over as he once was aren't making GBS threads on him because both of those things are true

Also when we say that Sasha has no character, has been booked bad and she is reckless in the ring.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the "no character" talking point is really stupid. most wrestling "characters" are nothing more than a name, a distinct look, and charisma, and she has all three. she doesn't need to be duke droese.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I think Dean is a really good wrestler so I really don't know where people got in their head that he isn't. He has always had great in ring psychology and is good at telling a story. His problem is that the wwe style is dependent on your big spots and even more so when you are a top face. Dean has never been a wrestler known for his spots. Even when he was doing death matches in czw he was a guy who took punishment more than got over with his spots. If they turned Dean heel I think he would do much better in the main event.

You're not wrong re: heel/face, the fact remains that any time Dean as a face has been put in a position to really put on crazy, balls-out, main event type matches they've all been very good. Seth/Dean lumberjack, Seth/Dean HIAC, Dean in the MITB match, Seth/Dean title matches (all four times), Dean/HHH, Dean/Roman/Brock, Shield triple threat, Dean/AJ They were all good to very good to even great.

Spermgod posted:

Roman had better matches with AJ

Last night was still really good though? We're largely getting into semantics here my point is that Dean has in no way been as bad as some people characterize him as being, be it as a main event face or a worker in general.

OctoberCountry posted:

People saying that Dean has regressed in-ring and isn't as over as he once was aren't making GBS threads on him because both of those things are true

Okay, in terms of in-ring regression IDGI unless you mean vs. Dolph or the Dean/Roman Survivor Series match both of which were hosed by time. As for overness, absolutely. They should've had him go over Seth in the HIAC, then go over Bray, then go after Seth again. His showing against Brock also really hurt him. He's still really over.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember though, this is from a guy who can't stop praising Becky Lynch and dragging Charlotte's name through the mud.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

anyone who claims Sasha is overrated or bad is a racist and a misogynist, please check your white male privilege at the door

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

super macho dude posted:

anyone who claims Sasha is overrated or bad is a racist and a misogynist, please check your white male privilege at the door

She didn't even have a nanny.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't even know what Heath's move is.

Real answer: Flying reverse neckbreaker as his flash finish, suplex DDT as his standard finish

Comedy answer: Rhyno hitting the Gore

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

rovert posted:

She needs to grow up and stop being a mark.
If we're talking about being a mark for yourself...:ironicat:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'Amazing Red's street cred'

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Beck "The Bumster" Broese

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Remember though, this is from a guy who can't stop praising Becky Lynch and dragging Charlotte's name through the mud.

Charlotte is pretty good these days to be honest. And I have been critical of Becky when warranted. But for a person whose self identity is 99% made up of "lifelong wrestling fan" Sasha only seems get the biz an nth.

super macho dude posted:

Was a big fan of Sasha praising Moolah after every blogger worked themselves into a shoot writing endless think-pieces over what she represents.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If only Sasha's favourite wrestler was Kevin Nash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEj85t3P5M

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Charlotte is pretty good these days to be honest. And I have been critical of Becky when warranted. But for a person whose self identity is 99% made up of "lifelong wrestling fan" Sasha only seems get the biz an nth.

Was a big fan of Sasha praising Moolah after every blogger worked themselves into a shoot writing endless think-pieces over what she represents.

What do you mean when you Sasha doesn't seem to understand the business exactly? She is working on the main roster and is over she must know something about the business to be in this spot in her career, not to mention her praising Moolah was her towing the company line so she must be pretty aware of the business to just go with what the company wants.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Dr. rear end posted:

how the gently caress did we get to "Sasha has been bad this whole time"

Everyone was always bad all along.

But seriously, I can't remember any WWE women wrestlers who were good promos. I loved AJ Lee but her awkward serious voice made me turn inside out. I spose it comes from a smaller talent pool and preference for pretty.

Bring on Kevina Owens. I bet an ugly, fat woman wrestler with skin tags who could tear it up in the ring would have some great promos in her. It would be at least a couple years before this forum claimed she was always bad this whole time.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

dean ambrose is to wrestling what david otunga is to commentary

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The key to having a captivating personality for television as a woman is telling lovely puns!

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Dean Ambrose was a bad champion and I am glad he is dead. More like peen shambrose.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

The key to having a captivating personality for television as a woman is telling lovely puns!

And then awkwardly trailing off in your victory promo then your cool music plays. Sasha had a similar moment.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
All these hilarious quotes make me miss wh2k.txt so much.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Does anyone have a gif of naomi doing the awful headscissors to the outside on natty please?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like that Naomi is just stealing Indy moves now. Using Speedballs kicks and doing the cattle mutilation.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If you think about it, Andre the Giant was probably the only good wrestler.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

If you think about it, Andre the Giant was probably the only good wrestler.

Actually he was Always Bad, unlike Kane and the Big Show.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I like that Naomi is just stealing Indy moves now. Using Speedballs kicks and doing the cattle mutilation.

Isn't the blacklight entrance stolen too?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Isn't the blacklight entrance stolen too?

That I'm not sure about. I remember Jeff hardy doing something similar in like 05.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The_Rob posted:

if she pulls out Croyt's Wrath I'd be cool with all the steals

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MinibarMatchman posted:

if she pulls out Croyt's Wrath I'd be cool with all the steals

That would be sick as hell.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dean's WACKY LINE is the worst move used today. The crowd booed him last night for doing it and rightfully so. He's so loving lazy with it nowadays.

"oh let me slowly walk back to the ropes, make sure I grab them, lean way back, and okay here I come hopefully you just stood there for a few seconds while I did all this!"

It needs to be done a lot faster.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Dean's WACKY LINE is the worst move used today. The crowd booed him last night for doing it and rightfully so. He's so loving lazy with it nowadays.

"oh let me slowly walk back to the ropes, make sure I grab them, lean way back, and okay here I come hopefully you just stood there for a few seconds while I did all this!"

Nigel always did it perfectly, and Kyle O'Reily does it well too. Deans is pretty lame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

it's not as bad as "running slowly up to turnbuckle and taking a step up I guess, for momentum? then running back"

I did like that he brought back the old hook+ladder slam though. I was hoping he'd also bring back his sick as poo poo Headlock Driver too

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Glad Rovert has the scoop on Sasha writing her own promos, I would have thought she was scripted like everyone else, but nope

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I liked deans elbow drop when people were standing. I wish he would go back to using that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also anyone who doesn't like Nikki can jump into a lake. She does stiff forearms and is cool as hell. Nikki rules.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Undertaker used black lights during an entrance a year or two ago but it looked like poo poo because the cameras weren't able to adjust to that lighting or something

I also agree with rovert on the Eddie thing. :colbert:

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Dean should drop the wacky line and bring back the headlock driver. He gave it up for Adam Rose to use it but he probably doesn't have to worry about that anymore.

e. nevermind Rose had a snapmare driver so there wasn't even any crossover anyway. The point is the headlock driver was cool.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Prozach posted:

Dean should drop the wacky line and bring back the headlock driver. He gave it up for Adam Rose to use it but he probably doesn't have to worry about that anymore.

e. nevermind Rose had a snapmare driver so there wasn't even any crossover anyway. The point is the headlock driver was cool.

he gave it up because no one was willing to take a good bump for it besides Kofi

like holy gently caress it looked bad during the feud with the the wyatts and evolution

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dr. rear end posted:

how the gently caress did we get to "Sasha has been bad this whole time"

the bulk of people in this thread seem broken and not actually that into wrestling

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Prozach posted:

Missed opportunity by Ryback to name himself Skip Sheffield Reeves.

Vince offers Ryback the contract he demanded, but he has to come back as Skip and his existence as Ryback in WWE is retconned out of existence and never referenced again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The bumps AJ took last night were insane. He's so good. My favourite is the way he gets so high for the back body drop. Makes the other guy look like a million bucks.

• Locked thread