Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Spermgod posted:

i think i care more about things making sense according to good pro wrestling principles than 'good storytelling'. Becky finally becoming women's champ hasn't been a well-told story, but it makes sense to have the most over babyface woman on your roster as the champion. meanwhile Lucha Underground might have proper story arcs with satisfying payoffs but they still haven't just loving put the belt on Pentagon Jr., by far their most over guy from the very start.

Honestly the current Pentagon Dark/Vampiro story is shaping g up to be something more interesting than a title chase anyway. Especially if they have Puma get involved.

KO was on TIJ. Really good interview, but his Quebec accent is super noticeable when he's not in character. I really like that he wanted the Haitch interference in the match as a thank you to him for bringing him in and backing him up. Because no one else wanted him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonny Nox posted:

Honestly the current Pentagon Dark/Vampiro story is shaping g up to be something more interesting than a title chase anyway. Especially if they have Puma get involved.

KO was on TIJ. Really good interview, but his Quebec accent is super noticeable when he's not in character. I really like that he wanted the Haitch interference in the match as a thank you to him for bringing him in and backing him up. Because no one else wanted him there.

Yeah is a great thing when your fist title win is overshadowed by Triple H. Not.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah is a great thing when your fist title win is overshadowed by Triple H. Not.

if owens doesn't give a poo poo why should we

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I just saw a commercial with John Cena saying if you're patriotic then you should get along with people regardless of race, creed, or religion.

God loving dammit I hate the WWE for shoving him down people's throats so much that everyone turned on him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/775476395661201409

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

"The Chairman will be back in the office at WWE Headquarters on Wednesday, as usual."

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Vince killed himself because his main champions are a fat guy and a vanilla midget from TNA.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this is the end, beautiful friend

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Carver Crisis posted:

Vince killed himself because his main champions are a fat guy and a vanilla midget from TNA.

Also 2 asians, 3 black guys, a bulgarian, and the miz. I'm sure he's happy about charlotte though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if owens doesn't give a poo poo why should we

Excellent question.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HHH interference ruled KO rules wrestlers having 2-3 letter names that I can use instead rules RIP Vince

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Smackdown got a nice subtle CM Punk joke in last night in the IC match, I now want to see how unsubtle Raw is with theirs

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure Vince was training to fight in the UFC so he also could get in on the Punk beat down.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Smackdown got a nice subtle CM Punk joke in last night in the IC match, I now want to see how unsubtle Raw is with theirs

I'm thinking Braun's jobber comes out to Cult of Personality.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The Vince injury report is just a cover for his participation in the LEAP-X project.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'm thinking Braun's jobber comes out to Cult of Personality.

Braun will face a man named Mikey Hall.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vaguido posted:

I like the wacky line, but only because I like Dean's clothesline so much. If he just did a normal clothesline I would probably like it more.

Agreed 100%. I wish Roman didn't have the leaping clothesline because I like the idea of Dean doing that followed by mounted punches instead.

Chokes McGee posted:

It could just be me, but it seemed a lot faster and snappier when he was in SHIELD.

I think Dean first did it in the lumberjack match because I remember it shocking me, but yeah.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
lol of course people hate Dean now

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
lol at Dana suggesting another best of 7 series

edit: wrong thread, what i get for phone posting

Trip Larsen fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 13, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I don't think anyone hates dean so much as they hate his pathetic, impotent, unbelievable offense that is now constantly on display due to his increased exposure. I guess it's easier to pretend it's just people hating a Cool Thing than to acknowledge that tho

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

lol of course people hate Dean now

man where have you been

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I sometimes wonder if Dean's style slowed down because he didn't want to blow his championship reign with an injury.

Nothing to support this idea, I admit, but I wonder sometimes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

I sometimes wonder if Dean's style slowed down because he didn't want to blow his championship reign with an injury.

Nothing to support this idea, I admit, but I wonder sometimes.

His style is, overall, pretty safe. He doesn't really do a lot of crazy spots or anything.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

e: whoops wrong thread

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man where have you been

maybe hasn't posted in a month, since until the week after battleground most people here liked him and wanted him to win the triple threat for the most part

"dean finally beat the company chosen ones clean in the same week and cemented himself as champ... i hate him now"

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Skinty McEdger posted:

what was it? i mean i can see miz having heat with punk.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 13, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chokes McGee posted:

It could just be me, but it seemed a lot faster and snappier when he was in SHIELD.

The Shield being a 3-man team mostly wrestling 6-man tags covered the shortcomings of all three, and also kept each one's energy up throughout the match. Now that you see each one in lengthy marquee title matches on a champion's schedule, you start noticing things like Dean's weariness, Roman's blandness, and Seth's recklessness. All three have slowed down because they have to.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cyron posted:

what was it? i mean i can see miz having heat with punk.
The first two or so minutes were Miz and Dolph literally reenacting the entire fight, with Miz playing the role of CM Punk.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 13, 2016

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dean's offence is weak in places but that bit where he slammed AJ's head into the mat again and again was sick nasty and I still wear my Ambrose Asylum hoodie with pride and I'd rather watch him wrestle than Roman or Cena so bless that skeezy man.

What they're doing with Bray is a goddamn TRAVESTY

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Goddamn AJ is so loving good. I hope WWE is giving him a schedule that allows him lots of rest and downtime. 5 years of AJ doing tv and ppv is much better than 2 years of him being driven into the ground.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Endless Mike posted:

His style is, overall, pretty safe. He doesn't really do a lot of crazy spots or anything.

So like the Miz?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress wrong thread

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TV Zombie posted:

So like the Miz?
Or like Nakamura in not big matches where he just does his spots and wins.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

book a series of matches where dbry throws nxt guys of increasing level at the miz, giving them all title shots and thus a "shot" at the main roster. he has to heel more and more to hold on to his belt as the matches go on, until it ends with samoa joe coming out and doing work.

fantasy booking is gross

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Blaise330 posted:

Bray took a choke slam, kicked out, took an RKO, stood up, then finally got put down with a 2nd chokeslam. I'm going to assume history will remember him as the guy who lost to 49 year old Kane multiple times in one year instead of the guy who beat Randy Orton in 10 seconds.

Poor Kane not getting any love here, dude came in on his day off to get running sentoned through a table. I wonder if he just hangs around the locker room randomly in case anyone needs him. "Glenn we need you tonight to fill in for Randy" 'Great' "It's gonna be a hardcore match and a 300 pound man is gonna jump on your sternum" '...'

Old reliable Kane, he'll even give you a Diesel if you need one.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kane, but the booking baffles me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the authority figure throwing guy after guy at the champ to make him lose sounds like it's trying to get miz over as a face even if he holds the tights or whatever

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Face authority figure vs heel wrestler sounds like a pretty hard storyline to do right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want Bryan to do that NXT gauntlet but start at the absolute bottom. Like those tag guys who lose to TM51. Spend like 10 weeks to get up to Angelo Dawkins and Murphy.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Face authority figure vs heel wrestler sounds like a pretty hard storyline to do right.

they've done them before, Teddy Long was usually in them. Maybe Miz should kidnap Bryan and trap him in a weed limo.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 13, 2016

• Locked thread