Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Phenix Rising posted:

So what's the deal with Sasha? Was her back injury way overblown and they didn't bother having her thoroughly checked out until after Summerslam? It certainly seemed like she was going to be on the shelf for months.

Sasha is one of those people who's going to basically destroy herself for wrestling and have to retire probably by age 30 max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The Braun v. Sin Cara match was a bad idea. There was several spots where you could really tell that Braun wasn't pulling his weight. There was one really bad part was outside the ring where Sin Cara was running up the steel steps for a move and he very clearly had to slow down because Braun wasn't in place yet. We all know Braun isn't good, but showcasing that when you're trying to push him probably isn't smart.

Not to mention having Braun get a count out win when he's been absolutely destroying people makes him look weaker. Someone as tough as Braun should be getting clean pins on Sin Cara because he certainly doesn't have the credibility right now as a legit threat unless you pay attention to non-kayfabe stories about the guy.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Congrats on Bo Dallas for doing a heel turn while he's already heel. Also I'm not gonna call it "The New Day Segment" when the New Day was only in like 25% of it and they almost barely salvaged it a little.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CubsWoo posted:

Cesaro/Sheamus will go the full 7 and by the end Cesaro will be more tape than man

He will debut his new finisher where his tape uncurls and twists around Sheamus before slamming him to and fro the ring much like Darkstalkers Anakaris

Initial Lotus?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've always been okay with countout victories because if this wrestle-sport is a real sport why wouldn't you want a victory? It definitely makes more sense than the million times a non-champ heel decides to get himself disqualified or counted out to avoid a beating. You're supposed to cheat to win you maroon.

Edit- Just googled the word maroon. :yikes:

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 6, 2016

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
remember the time Daniel Bryan did a fake retirement segment to say he was going to win the Royal Rumble, then he got tossed out in ten minutes

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Bard Maddox posted:

remember the time Daniel Bryan did a fake retirement segment to say he was going to win the Royal Rumble, then he got tossed out in ten minutes

That was a great rumble. Hope we get to see Big Show and Kane dominating again soon

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sasha wasn't this bad at promos in nxt right? am I misremembering?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
She was never a good promo, but she's better as a heel.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Spermgod posted:

that reminds me why the hell did Sin Cara got so much offense and why was he protected so much in losing to Braun
braun's being set up to feud with cara since nia jax & bo dallas are now fulfilling the 'squash jobbers' quota

e: or maybe this is what's gonna happen when ram gets the cruiserweights

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 6, 2016

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MinibarMatchman posted:

I loving hate non-title matches between champions and contenders that end with the contender winning

like why should I give a gently caress about sasha fighting charlotte when I saw bayley beat charlotte RIGHT THERE. same thing if roman beats owens in a non-title match, it just makes the champion look weak as poo poo if they don't win.
Yeah that is one of my biggest pet peeves and its a common practice in WWE. Drives me bloody bonkers.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well the thing to remember about the New Day is that their segments have been consistently utter poo poo since the start of the year, but they have both a lot of good will from when their segments were good and are just really likeable in general so they get a pass.

I love New Day and don't want to agree but yeah.... you are right. They are great in backstage, great in ring but every one of their in ring skits has just been "meh" at best and painful at worst. I hate seeing it as those segments are, more than like, the most Vince influenced and thus complaining will only lead to a New Day breakup. I want to see them live before Vince crushes that dream. As good as Big E is, you know once New Day is done he will be stumbling with generic face promos and staring at monitors backstage yet again. Yesterdays skit was a Gallows and Anderson Vince skit. It was about New Day but I won't blame them for it. New Day was so drat good when Vince didn't notice and, even in their current state, are still better than most WWE. They sell a ton of merch, make children laugh and make me smile. Also give something for brothas both big and small to cheer for. That part may seem weird but watch the crowd reactions and ask your friends. I know one mate of mine, Byron, couldn't have cared less before but the New Day poo poo cracks him up and he will gladly do the WWE -TAG - TEAM- CHAMPIOOOONS! bit at work. He's bought so much merchandise. Also Kofi gets a great sendoff at the final part of his career and I love Kofi. So yeah.... win win.

Please don't break them up Vince you senile loon.

sticklefifer posted:

I hope the remainder of Roman's career is him suddenly showing up during a title challenge he has nothing to do with, an authority figure saying "If Roman wins he'll be added to the PPV match", and then losing due to interference from whoever he's about to feud with next. And this happens forever.
I still don't get why they haven't changed his music. I mean CFO$ and Jim Johnson have cranked out a ton of great tunes. Roode's GLORIOUS is so drat good and my new favourite. Booing is as much a part of that music as "You Suck" was to Angle's theme. It will take YEARS for that theme to summon anything but boos. The Shield reuniting will have lost an important element to their initial return. Granted they will get the cheers eventually but it just seems so lazy. Get some theme and give it to Roman. Make the crowd hate trigger with another song please. That has to be yet another Vince directive. I get why Roman wouldn't push for it but that is when someone else with experience and knowledge takes him aside and goes "yeah .... you need a new theme and Titantron". I'm surprised HHH hasn't used some of his power for this. I mean.... its elementary and wrasslin 101.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

So what's the deal with Sasha? Was her back injury way overblown and they didn't bother having her thoroughly checked out until after Summerslam? It certainly seemed like she was going to be on the shelf for months.

Long story short her own doctor cleared her but WWE doctor's refused to.

I could detail the dialogue between all three parties. But it is kind of tedious. It was a fairly minor issue with her back. Something solved with some physiotherapy. But the WWE doctors decided they wouldn't clear her despite her protests. Internet reports that she was injured REALLY upset her as her reputation is bad enough.

Personally I thought she'd be out for more than a month and the situation was akin to Daniel Bryan's with the decision taken from on high that WWE wouldn't clear her for liability reasons. As there's another negligence lawsuit yet to filed later this year. Probably the most valid one so far.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i get a feeling that it was trying to redo the Rock push, since Rock used the NOD theme for a while but like, come on, Rock changed his music by now, right?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/PatLaprade/status/773166577235656708

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Why did anyone ever like Sasha? She looks like a troll doll and is horrible on the mic

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Alain Post posted:

i get a feeling that it was trying to redo the Rock push, since Rock used the NOD theme for a while but like, come on, Rock changed his music by now, right?

It's more like his theme started out as a dressed up version of the NOD theme and over several iterations they emphasised the new parts and de-emphasised the NOD parts until you end up with his current theme that's completely different to the original NOD theme. Kind of cool imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Efexeye posted:

Why did anyone ever like Sasha? She looks like a troll doll and is horrible on the mic

She had a great match with bayley once and her finisher is really cool? I dunno, I'm honestly starting to wonder myself.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

This forum likes whatever lady wrestler that rovert endorses

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Efexeye posted:

Her ring walk was pretty good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Efexeye posted:

When a wrestler only matters once every 2-3 months, you have plenty of time to prepare for that one moment, and thus it's relatively easy to look really, really good.

The other NXT women have been exposed since people started paying attention to them every week, but Sasha has been too busy getting injured (while bitching about dirtsheets and claiming otherwise) to be exposed yet.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sasha has some good matches and some not great ones. She needs to not land on her neck so much.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

VJeff posted:

She had a great match with bayley once and her finisher is really cool? I dunno, I'm honestly starting to wonder myself.

She was in probably the best match at Wrestlemania. Granted it was a really lovely Mania.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Efexeye posted:

She tries to kill herself for our entertainment. Watch the Summerslam match.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Sasha has some good matches and some not great ones. She needs to not land on her neck so much.

yeah, this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

P-Mack posted:

She was in probably the best match at Wrestlemania. Granted it was a really lovely Mania.

Eh. IC title ladder match and AJ/Jericho.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
are we really gonna do the always bad on sasha now lol

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
List of WWE wrestlers who were not always bad:

Chris Jericho
Kevin Owens
Kane

am I missing anyone?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Golashes posted:

no seriously i don't watch NXT but since i have seen her in wwe i think she really sucks and i have no idea why the crowd pops for her

is it the snoop dogg thing? is snoop still a thing? im old

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Chris Jericho
Kevin Owens
Kane

am I missing anyone?

The Big Daddy V.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Chris Jericho
Kevin Owens
Kane

am I missing anyone?

Bo Dallas

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Chris Jericho
Kevin Owens
Kane

am I missing anyone?
dean ambrose

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Golashes posted:

Yo I haven't watched her entire got dang NXT history here, I'm just saying her promos loving suck.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm happy to add Bo Dallas to the list. Big Daddy V would make it but sadly he is deceased and the only undead wrestler who can make it is The Undertaker. Except, the Undertaker is actually bad.

Going to have to give a no to Dean Ambrose as long as he's using the wacky lunatic larialine

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Efexeye posted:

no seriously i don't watch NXT but since i have seen her in wwe i think she really sucks and i have no idea why the crowd pops for her

is it the snoop dogg thing? is snoop still a thing? im old

she had very, very, very good matches in NXT that are worth looking up (her matches with bayley; her match with becky at takeover was probably match of the year last year imo, fatal 4 way was very good)

she isn't great on the mic and it sucks she's working with additional Always Bad charlotte forever, hopefully she turns heel and feuds with bayley

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Chris Jericho
Kevin Owens
Kane

am I missing anyone?

val venis

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sasha banks is a skosh better than titus o'neil on promos, i'll give her that

clearly having to memorize lines hurts the hands becuase they get marblemouthed trying to get through their promos

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Watch NXT

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Efexeye posted:

sasha banks is a skosh better than titus o'neil on promos, i'll give her that

clearly having to memorize lines hurts the hands becuase they get marblemouthed trying to get through their promos

no she's bad. Her promos are bad.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No don't listen.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sasha is good. charlotte is the one who's been sloppy as gently caress. I like sasha/bayley/becky lynch fine but I'm more looking forward to nikki storm, asuka, ember moon, billie kaye. also love emma but she's dead right now and I'm sad about that

• Locked thread