Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Coming this thursday is the sixth game of the main Ace Attorney series. We should be thankful Capcom didn't just made it Japan-only like Great Ace Attorney and Investigations 2 but like the last game, this is gonna be a eshop exclusive too.

Things we know about it:

The new gimmick they introduce is seeing people's memories from their death and taking clues from them, which is better than the stupid emotion thing they had on Dual Destinies. They are keeping the previous ones from DD, Apollo Justice and the forensic investigation from that one case in the first AA.

There's gonna be free DLC costumes the first week.

Due to being digital only, it's actually pretty cheap so it's an upside.

MAYA IS BACK!!! And Ema Skye too.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9Os_2nnEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQkK7H4x7wU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Etav-25gM

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I love Ace Attourney

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If there's some good Ema or Maya moments I may need to get a new avvy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

If there's some good Ema or Maya moments I may need to get a new avvy

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm incredibly hype for this game, OP.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't wait to visit kurain kingdom, the mystical eastern kingdom at the eastern borders of los angeles county,

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait to visit kurain kingdom, the mystical eastern kingdom at the eastern borders of los angeles county,

Kurainverand home of the Kurain Browns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oh boy

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Almost done with Dual Destinies now. Is Apollo Justice worth playing? I heard it was bad and Apollo hasn't really done anything in DD to make me care about him.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Almost done with Dual Destinies now. Is Apollo Justice worth playing? I heard it was bad and Apollo hasn't really done anything in DD to make me care about him.

i thought it was okay a lot of ppl don't like it. the gimmick is stupid tho tbh [you have to look for ppls tells like armpit sweat]. also the reason for pheonix retiring is stupid, idr how much they explain about it in aa5. in conclusion, you're probably better off playing ace attorney investigations 1 or 2 [fan patch], or layton + pheoix, if you need to get an ace attoryney fix between now and september 8

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

play them all

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

play them all

done

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i still need to play investigations 2 :/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

I got stumped on the last case cause my old ds mic doesnt work ffuuuuu

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I got stumped on the last case cause my old ds mic doesnt work ffuuuuu

putonis stumped and cucked yet again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

P-Mack posted:

it wasn't bad like a bad game, it's still fun, but it's bad in that it's probably the worst AA game

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I started Dual Destinies today and I hope to finish it in time.

elf help book posted:

This as well.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

I started Dual Destinies today and I hope to finish it in time.

This as well.

I need to finish investigations 1 and 2. Good luck

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Investigations 1 is as middling as it gets but 2 is some serious kickass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

play them all

The only aa game I've ever played is 1 and I only played it because I loved the miike movie

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The only aa game I've ever played is 1 and I only played it because I loved the miike movie

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i thought dual destinies was mediocre but im going to buy and play this on thursday because i love my friends in california

man nurse posted:

Investigations 1 is as middling as it gets but 2 is some serious kickass.

investigations 2 ranks right up there with the original trilogy imo. its at least as good as justice for all

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i don't think investigations 2 had one specifically weak case like all the other games

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

i thought dual destinies was mediocre but im going to buy and play this on thursday because i love my friends in california

Yeah Dual Destinies was way too hand-holdy, it basically told you what evidence to present at any given time, and the investigation segments were dumbed down, too. Still buying the new one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

man nurse posted:

Yeah Dual Destinies was way too hand-holdy, it basically told you what evidence to present at any given time, and the investigation segments were dumbed down, too. Still buying the new one.

you may have never failed but if you had you would have learned, when you die in Dual Destinies, it asks if you want to continue, and you resume right where you died with full health

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

man nurse posted:

the hand holdy narration in the trial bits annoyed me but didn't really affect anything since it was usually obvious what to do anyway. The investigation segments I was okay with since pixel hunting for one random piece of evidence was the most annoying part of the other games. They dumbed it down too far but pull back just a bit and it'll be right on target.

elf help book posted:

you may have never failed but if you had you would have learned, when you die in Dual Destinies, it asks if you want to continue, and you resume right where you died with full health

this is dumb but nbd because it's not like you weren't saving constantly anyway

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i didnt think the story was very good either and the best case was the dlc one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

P-Mack posted:

this is dumb but nbd because it's not like you weren't saving constantly anyway

yea its funny but really who cares

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Dual Destinies is the worst game in the series. Apollo Justice is easily better in every way. Do not:
  • Reply to this post
  • Quote this post
  • PM me about this post

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no they will not posted:

Dual Destinies is the worst game in the series. Apollo Justice is easily better in every way. Do not:
  • Reply to this post
  • Quote this post
  • PM me about this post

pm sent

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no they will not posted:

• Reply to this post
  • Quote this post
  • PM me about this post

I really liked Dual Destinies

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Theres no AA game that I dont like

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

• Reply to this post
  • Quote this post
  • PM me about this post

no way doude

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apollo is supremely unlikeable in aa4, pheonix is an idiot, it shoudl have been trucy and the german guy and emma skye

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

I really liked Dual Destinies

the first two cases are weak and the hand holding thing is annoying but when it picks up the pace it gets pretty cool... and the last case is one of the best

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i thought the last case reveal in dd was real good but then it felt like they didnt do anything else or go anywhere with it and taking them down wasnt very satisfying. i also didnt like how almost everyone knew each other and/or the grand plan but just decided not to say so until the most dramatic possible moment. and it takes way too long to get back to the present day after the intro case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thought I smelled something funny

• Locked thread