Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

The key to understanding the Titans ownership group is that they are catastrophically lazy and completely disorganized. There are stupider owners and more evil owners, but no owners want to do less work running their team than Amy Adams Strunk et. al. It's bad enough that the league is actually kind of pissed about it, apparently.

Also they treat having to leave Houston to do anything Titans related like it's a trip into loving Mordor, even though Houston is a giant malarial anus and Nashville is actually a decent place.

They hired Mularkey because he was already there, basically, and are unlikely to fire him unless he becomes such a catastrophic embarrassment that their friends in Houston start to make fun of them for it.

The Titans ownership may not give a poo poo about who's head coach, but their new GM probably will if (let's be honest, when) Mike Mularkey demonstrates how awful he is.

Also, good news! Amy bought a house in Nashville finally!
http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2016/06/01/check-out-titans-owners-125m-green-hills-home/85267568/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

The Titans ownership may not give a poo poo about who's head coach, but their new GM probably will if (let's be honest, when) Mike Mularkey demonstrates how awful he is.

Also, good news! Amy bought a house in Nashville finally!
http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2016/06/01/check-out-titans-owners-125m-green-hills-home/85267568/

If they give their new GM unlimited power they will probably be fine, he actually looks like he could be the rare ex-Patriot who isn't incompetent human garbage. :v:

Nov 6, 2002

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Dan Quinn is trash and the Falcons are staring down a rebuild. If Ryan continues to fall apart this year, they should think hard about pulling the plug.

They should fire their GM first and look into bringing in some new scouts. They may be one of the worst teams when it comes to drafting and evaluating players and that will handicap any new coach they bring in.

sean10mm posted:

Do we have any evidence that Jerry Jones is finally getting sick of Garrett's run of infinite mediocrity and wants a real coach? Because it sure seems like he has a blank check to :effort: his way to being a career .500 coach forever.

He was apart of the early 90's Super Bowl teams.. he wont be going anywhere.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quinn hand picked Vic Beasley and he's one of the least effective players I've ever seen.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 6, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Quinn hand picked Vic Beasley and he's one of the least effective players I've ever seen.

It doesnt help that they're trying to run that hybrid 4-3/3-4 that was hot in Seattle a while back. I thought Beasley was supposed to be the LEO pass rusher and now he's been moved to OTTO and wont be on the field as much as the LEO. I also noticed they've moved a few linebackers to defensive end as well. The Falcons are hosed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hoping this will be the second year in a row people are surprised Chip Kelly's fired

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do the Seahawks even run a LEO anymore? I don't think that's been a thing since they got rid of Chris Clemons. I was always under the impression it was just a stopgap gimmick scheme to paper over roster holes, and they've mostly been doing traditional pass rush concepts after signing Avril and Bennett.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Jrob owns

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

fsif posted:

Also, are you kidding? The national media loves Rex.

They love his bluster and bravado but he's never looked at as a good coach.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TG-Chrono posted:

It's only a matter of time before Buffalo cans him and he joins ESPN as a talking head

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ryan and Gruden would be the ultimate loving casting

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Benne posted:

Do the Seahawks even run a LEO anymore? I don't think that's been a thing since they got rid of Chris Clemons. I was always under the impression it was just a stopgap gimmick scheme to paper over roster holes, and they've mostly been doing traditional pass rush concepts after signing Avril and Bennett.

Nope they dont run it anymore. I think that was something they ran due to lack of talent on the defensive line. The Jaguars and Falcons have been trying to replicate it and have failed at doing so.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spiros posted:

We already had Gruden and Jaws together on MNF. It ... wasn't good.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Hoping this will be the second year in a row people are surprised Chip Kelly's fired

Same. And then I hope he can't even get a job in NCAA because he got banned for cheating on recruiting.

I want Chip Kelly to undergo the NFL's version of Rome's conquest of Carthage.

Nov 6, 2002

Spiros posted:

He said ESPN not bang bros.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Benne posted:

We already had Gruden and Jaws together on MNF. It ... wasn't good.

I think Ryan has three times the personality that Jaws does and I say this from a biased eagles perspective

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

AfterFather posted:

Nope they dont run it anymore. I think that was something they ran due to lack of talent on the defensive line. The Jaguars and Falcons have been trying to replicate it and have failed at doing so.

Joe Lombardi brought the Saints playbook to the Lions and called it a day, so much so that Drew Brees could recognize every play. I think it's a very bad sign when a coach just tries to do what worked for his old boss.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TG-Chrono posted:

I don't know, when he was fired by the Jets after three straight 0.500 or below season, I feel like he was treated like the top coaching prospect available.

Maybe they've cooled on him a bit, but it's hard to argue he doesn't deserve it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Joe Lombardi brought the Saints playbook to the Lions and called it a day, so much so that Drew Brees could recognize every play. I think it's a very bad sign when a coach just tries to do what worked for his old boss.
Ah, the Bill Callahan strategy

Nov 6, 2002

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I think it's a very bad sign when a coach just tries to do what worked for his old boss.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Marvin Lewis is a good coach and I don't want him fired but after the playoff game last year he deserves to be on very thin ice.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Anaranjado posted:

Marvin Lewis is a good coach and I don't want him fired but after the playoff game last year he deserves to be on very thin ice.

And replaced with who? That's the problem.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Paulie walnuts obviously.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mucilaginous posted:

are you aware of this jim tomsula

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

troofs posted:

Even if the whole O-line gets injured again? A lot of national media types are chalking up the chargers 2015 to injuries. You think there's no way he gets a pass?

Injuries played a big role as to why last year sucked so badly for the Chargers. That being said, there were a LOT of games where the team either looked listless to start games, or just straight up quit except for a couple of players. Both of those home games against KC and Denver were the most gutless performances i've ever seen from a Charger team. And i've seen a lot of 'em over the years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mucilaginous posted:

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

sam bradford lmao posted:

are you aware of this jim tomsula

I'm intrigued, please tell me more.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bengals will unsuccessfully attempt to hire away jim harbaugh and then settle for the freshly retired andrew whitworth

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Cavauro posted:

the bengals will unsuccessfully attempt to hire away jim harbaugh and then settle for the freshly retired andrew whitworth

I would unironically be okay with that. Dude's cool and will make a good coach if he wants to coach.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I want Rex to be fired if only because the idea of him and his brother going to a college team and having to recruit is hilarious to me.

Texas A&M Head Coach Rex Ryan make it happen.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Toaster Beef posted:

... are you seriously boiling it down that way? Because yeah, Chip Kelly had a winning record, but he also a) stripped the team of talent; b) lost and was hated by the locker room; c) was also hated by Lurie; and d) got ten of those wins in his first season, with almost everything after that being an on-the-field and off-the-field clusterfuck.

Kelly being let go was the culmination of a complicated set of circumstances, most of which centered around him being a dictatorial idiot rear end in a top hat. I don't know how Pederson's regarded, but I doubt he's going to implode that same way.

Lurie's willing to put up with a rebuilding effort that takes a few years of not-so-great football. Pederson's not going anywhere for a while.

Doesn't it feel dirty buying into the Eagles organization's bullshit like this? This is the same group that leaked stuff about Desean Jackson having gang ties before cutting him.

At the end of the day the Eagles organization decided to give Chip Kelly full personnel power, no one forced them to. I mean how loving ridiculous is it that the Eagles ended up hiring a cut rate version (lol oc who never called plays) of a coach they fired just 3 years before

Adun fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 7, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Adun posted:

At the end of the day the Eagles organization decided to give Chip Kelly full personnel power, no one forced them to. I mean at the end of the day how loving ridiculous is it that the Eagles ended up hiring a cut rate version (lol oc who never called plays) of a coach they fired just 3 years before

He did call plays at time last season, I'm not sure how often but Reid did say he was letting Pederson call plays at times.

Before you get too excited about that, it was supposedly Pederson calling that baffling last drive where they just let the clock run constantly in the Patriots playoff game.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

He did call plays at time last season, I'm not sure how often but Reid did say he was letting Pederson call plays at times.

Before you get too excited about that, it was supposedly Pederson calling that baffling last drive where they just let the clock run constantly in the Patriots playoff game.

I mean that makes sense, he was just trying to get to his new job as soon as possible

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Toaster Beef posted:

... are you seriously boiling it down that way? Because yeah, Chip Kelly had a winning record, but he also a) stripped the team of talent; b) lost and was hated by the locker room; c) was also hated by Lurie; and d) got ten of those wins in his first season, with almost everything after that being an on-the-field and off-the-field clusterfuck.

Kelly being let go was the culmination of a complicated set of circumstances, most of which centered around him being a dictatorial idiot rear end in a top hat. I don't know how Pederson's regarded, but I doubt he's going to implode that same way.

Lurie's willing to put up with a rebuilding effort that takes a few years of not-so-great football. Pederson's not going anywhere for a while.

d) is a really weird point, since they got another ten of those wins in his second season.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Adun posted:

Doesn't it feel dirty buying into the Eagles organization's bullshit like this? This is the same group that leaked stuff about Desean Jackson having gang ties before cutting him.

At the end of the day the Eagles organization decided to give Chip Kelly full personnel power, no one forced them to. I mean how loving ridiculous is it that the Eagles ended up hiring a cut rate version (lol oc who never called plays) of a coach they fired just 3 years before

I'm more than happy to admit the organization has done lovely things and made horrible decisions over the past few years. My point is just that Chip Kelly getting let go wasn't as simple as "he won 27 games and Lurie wanted more."

I'm not wild about Pederson (I don't know how anyone really could be), but if you can't honestly see why "guy who has worked with and under the most successful coach in your organization's history" holds at least some appeal, I dunno what to tell you. It's not like Reid had any playcalling experience before getting to Philly.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm more than happy to admit the organization has done lovely things and made horrible decisions over the past few years. My point is just that Chip Kelly getting let go wasn't as simple as "he won 27 games and Lurie wanted more."

I'm not wild about Pederson (I don't know how anyone really could be), but if you can't honestly see why "guy who has worked with and under the most successful coach in your organization's history" holds at least some appeal, I dunno what to tell you. It's not like Reid had any playcalling experience before getting to Philly.

It's more that it's pretty funny the Eagles hired a guy whose best case scenario is the coach they fired three years ago instead of you know ... just not firing Andy Reid. And just points to how short-sighted that organization seems to be.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Adun posted:

It's more that it's pretty funny the Eagles hired a guy whose best case scenario is the coach they fired three years ago instead of you know ... just not firing Andy Reid. And just points to how short-sighted that organization seems to be.

Andy said he was burnt out as hell in Philly. He had too much personnel control and he eventually realized he just wants to coach and not mess with that stuff (although I'm sure if he really wants a guy he can convince Dorsey to go get him). I do think it was probably the right time for him to leave.

I don't know that I think Pederson was the best hire though.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Grittybeard posted:

Andy said he was burnt out as hell in Philly. He had too much personnel control and he eventually realized he just wants to coach and not mess with that stuff (although I'm sure if he really wants a guy he can convince Dorsey to go get him). I do think it was probably the right time for him to leave.

I don't know that I think Pederson was the best hire though.

Exactly this. In Pederson, the Eagles are looking for a mid-2000s version of Andy, which is to say Andy before he was extremely burnt out and over Philly. Is that what they got? I dunno. I doubt it. But we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

I'd move him to Moderate.

I agree the amount of trouble he's in might be a tad exaggerated because of what Jim Kelly said in that radio interview ("playoffs or bust"), but if the team finishes below 0.500 it's hard to see a scenario where he's retained.

Also, are you kidding? The national media loves Rex.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull a Bucs if the offense and defense play like last year and we blunder to .500 or less. They seem to really like Roman.

• Locked thread