Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
several friends
Apr 7, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61vIzt-n8uM

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/05/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-barack-obama-son-whore

The Guardian posted:

Barack Obama cancels meeting after Philippines president calls him 'son of a whore'

Rodrigo Duterte further strains diplomatic ties with Washington as he warns US leader not to question him on extrajudicial killings

Barack Obama has cancelled a meeting with the president of the Philippines after Rodrigo Duterte appeared to call him a “son of a whore”.

The move followed a warning from Duterte to the US president to keep off the subject of extrajudicial killings in his country’s brutal drug war when they were due to meet on Tuesday at a regional summit in Laos. Duterte told a press conference that Obama “must be respectful”.

The firebrand president was answering a reporter’s question about how he intended to explain the extrajudicial killings to Obama, before boarding a plane to Laos for the Association of South-east Asian Nations summit.

“You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions and statements. Son of a whore, I will curse you in that forum,” Duterte was quoted by as saying by Agence-France Presse. “We will be wallowing in the mud like pigs if you do that to me.”

But hours later the decision was made to cancel, a White House spokesman said. Instead, Obama will meet with South Korean president Park Geun-hye.

Duterte has faced condemnation from human rights campaigners, diplomats and the UN for inciting a war on drugs that, according to official figures published on Sunday, has led to 2,400 deaths in just two months.

The defiant Philippine leader has responded to critics with a string of outbursts, including labelling the US ambassador to Manila a “gay son of a whore”, telling the Catholic church “don’t gently caress with me”, and accusing the UN of issuing “making GBS threads” statements about his anti-drugs policies.

Obama joins a long list of people whose mothers’ purity have been called into question by Duterte, including Pope Francis, Philippine bishops and a murdered journalist, as well as the drugs traffickers who are the main targets of his domestic law and order policies.

He took office in June after winning a landslide on promises to sort out drug crime in the country, and told crowds on the day of his inauguration: “If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful.”

During his campaign, he said 100,000 people would die in his crackdown, with so many dead bodies dumped in Manila Bay that fish there would grow fat from feeding on them.

The call has led to what critics say amounts to open season on suspected drug criminals on the streets of Manila and other major cities, with thousands killed by vigilantes and police, who invariably claim to have fired back in self-defence.

In June, the UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, condemned Duterte’s apparent support for extrajudicial killings, saying they were “illegal and a breach of fundamental rights and freedoms”. Duterte replied by calling the UN “stupid” and threatening to withdraw the Philippines from the supranational body.

Asked about the possible consequences of his comments, he said: “What is ... repercussions? I don’t give a poo poo to them.”

I remember this guy getting a thread for his policy of state endorsed muder for drug users but I never realised he's said half this other poo poo until today. Rodrigo Duterte is the philipino version of alleged murderer Denver Allen and all the world is his court.

Some people call Duterte "the Punisher" and Donald Trump of Asia but for once I think that might be an understatement. Thoughts?

several friends fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
not a fan

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
To be fair, all we really know about Obama's mom is that she put out.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

criscodisco posted:

To be fair, all we really know about Obama's mom is that she put out.

Don't we know that about anyone's mom?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He said he would do exactly this if he was elected and personally im glad theres finally a politician who keeps his word

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
it's odd because the Philippines is like the most pro-US country going, the average dude there loves the poo poo out of us, comparatively. it's an anomaly that this gently caress manages to exist and be elected president anywhere

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
kill em all

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
His antics are loving hilarious to read about on the opposite side of the planet.

Over there probably not so much

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the us really, really loving loves drugs. the philippines do not love them.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
I literally can't believe that there is a world leader who is not a stalwart example of grace and integrity.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Every day saying 'I hate east and southeast asians' sounds less and less racist, and more practical and level-headed.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
this should drive the currency down making outsourcing even cheaper!

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

it's been confirmed that obama has smoked the weed at least several times, so this development is really not surprising, when i think about it

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Comedy Central should roast this guy next, seems like a good sport.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm surprised the un is condemning his drug policy. it's obviously the only one that's actually reduced the number of drug users considering they've been begging countries to adopt their anti-drug campaigns for decades now

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
thanks Obama takes on a whole new meaning now that his mother is a whore

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Having met a few Pinoys in my life, I for one was not surprised that this guy was elected. Never met one that wasn't crazy as hell. Though to be fair the ones I met smoked hella weed so they're probably not supporters of his.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
Haha that article was hilarious. What a champion. As a drug user myself, I'll just have to try to remember not to live in the Phillipines.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

the us really, really loving loves drugs. the philippines do not love them.

the rate of drug use is lower in the philippines than in loving australia, however filipinos are totally convinced its the source of all their problems and not the toxic political culture that makes it the deadliest place in the world to be a politician

in fact a lot of duterte's political enemies are already being named as accomplices in the drug trade and he keeps threatening to declare marital law

basically he's ferdinand marcos with a less interesting wife

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'm gonna throw out a real wild opinion here, but I like drugs. I can't think of a single person who hasn't been made infinitely more interesting by drugs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bro Dad posted:

the rate of drug use is lower in the philippines than in loving australia, however filipinos are totally convinced its the source of all their problems and not the toxic political culture that makes it the deadliest place in the world to be a politician

in fact a lot of duterte's political enemies are already being named as accomplices in the drug trade and he keeps threatening to declare marital law

basically he's ferdinand marcos with a less interesting wife

is this so he can marry a goat?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
comment sections in articles about him are like 80% people defending him and wishing the US would adopt his policies

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Jose posted:

is this so he can marry a goat?

the philippines is a catholic country and they do not look kindly on the proud anglo lineage of farm animal loving

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

the philippines is a catholic country and they do not look kindly on the proud anglo lineage of farm animal loving

this dude hates the catholic church

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

R3M posted:

i think he hates everyone. dude called the pope a son of a bitch for causing traffic in manila (and was the one time he ever actually apologized)

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

R3M posted:

Mostly just because the pope is a pussy. All the hardcore fire and brimstone type poo poo he's way into.

Postcount
Sep 10, 2002

I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
I don't know if he's qualified to lead a nation, but I could probably enjoy a beer with Rodrigo.

...while his mom blows me.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

KomodoWagon posted:

Mostly just because the pope is a pussy. All the hardcore fire and brimstone type poo poo he's way into.

he also supports LGBT rights apparently? :shrug:
I guess thinking gay marriage should be legal and thinking an ambassador is bad + gay aren't mutually exclusive but holy poo poo

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

i'm not sure which sources are reliable for his actual opinions, or even if he is. maybe it's a mood thing

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This guy tells it like it is! I'm voting for him.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
when the flips bitch about their political masters, where do they threaten to move to

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

This guy tells it like it is! I'm voting for him.

he says what we're all thinking

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

EX250 Type R posted:

when the flips bitch about their political masters, where do they threaten to move to

hawaii

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i like this guy

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

criscodisco posted:

I'm gonna throw out a real wild opinion here, but I like drugs. I can't think of a single person who hasn't been made infinitely more interesting by drugs

in my expdrience drugs make people boring and annoying

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Mange Mite posted:

in my expdrience drugs make people boring and annoying

therefore we should KILL them :twisted:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

quote:

“If I have to face them, you know I can eat humans. I will really open up your body. Just give me vinegar and salt, and I will eat you,” the President told a gathering of the Filipino community at Feungfar Convention Center on Monday night.

“That’s true. If you annoy me to the fullest… I will eat you alive. Raw,” he said, eliciting chuckles from his audience, who included children.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i like that i can't tell if this is real or not

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

EX250 Type R posted:

surprisingly, anchorage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bro Dad posted:

the rate of drug use is lower in the philippines than in loving australia,

about as much of an accomplishment as having a lower obesity rate than the United States.

• Locked thread