Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

InterFaced posted:

Vinegar and salt are not the condiments I'd choose for canabalism but whatever man.

Just a few more spices and you've got an adobo going, that poo poo makes everything taste good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

InterFaced posted:

Vinegar and salt are not the condiments I'd choose for canabalism but whatever man.

Are you one of those barbarians that put brown sauce on the BBQ?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i put black pepper on everything

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

my gf's mom is from the phillipines I'll have to ask her about this dude

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

i'm surprised the un is condemning his drug policy. it's obviously the only one that's actually reduced the number of drug users considering they've been begging countries to adopt their anti-drug campaigns for decades now

Thailand ran a similar drug dealer / undesirable pogrom maybe a decade and a half ago, of course they also didn't announce that they were doing it like Rodrigo here did. Just all of a sudden anyone dealing meth that wasn't associated with the official military channels (most of Thailand's meth, which is it's number one illicit drug by a mile unless you count weed, is manufactured in Burma by the junta and transported into Thailand from a junta general to a Thai general) was found dead in a culvert. This went from very rarely happening to dozens of people found like this every week for weeks.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

You guys remember when the Philippines belonged to Spain and was like "help, we don't like being their bitch!" and America came along and was like "Get the gently caress outa here, Spain" and Philippines was like "Thanks man" and America was like "You're our bitch now, Philippines" and Philippines was like "not cool bro, war?"

They're never loving happy and should just accept their place in the world as bitch.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

Thailand ran a similar drug dealer / undesirable pogrom maybe a decade and a half ago, of course they also didn't announce that they were doing it like Rodrigo here did. Just all of a sudden anyone dealing meth that wasn't associated with the official military channels (most of Thailand's meth, which is it's number one illicit drug by a mile unless you count weed, is manufactured in Burma by the junta and transported into Thailand from a junta general to a Thai general) was found dead in a culvert. This went from very rarely happening to dozens of people found like this every week for weeks.

So how's the crime rate now?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Parallax Scroll posted:

i put black pepper on everything

hell same

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
this is an absurdly complicated political issue because of china but

well

i dunno, he seems like a real piece of poo poo lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i thought you win phillipine elections by having a bigger personal army than the other candidate

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
If you need salt and vinegar to eat someone, that isn't raw.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

i thought you win phillipine elections by having a bigger personal army than the other candidate

most places call them "voters"

then again most places voters arent riotous lynch mobs

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
gently caress yes the world is overdue for war

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

If you need salt and vinegar to eat someone, that isn't raw.

The important take home message here.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Id like to see similiar policies here in the US... hell it sorta works in asia. Fingers crossed :)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

LegoPirateNinja posted:

gently caress yes the world is overdue for war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3q2mXDSqRU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
is he still actively doing the drug dealer killings? whats his body count up to? i remember in that thread the general vibe was 'this guy is the man but he's definitely gonna get assassinated soon' and so far we all guessed wrong

i wonder if defying obama is actually more dangerous than killing 50 percent of your countries drug dealers

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

obama should eat a guy live on tv on his last day in office

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

like a terrorist guy i guess. that would be pretty fuckin metal

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wow that's crazy, that inherently makes Obama not a bad dude who does extra judicial killings because this dude called him a poopoo. The old Russian reversal. :downs:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

is he still actively doing the drug dealer killings? whats his body count up to? i remember in that thread the general vibe was 'this guy is the man but he's definitely gonna get assassinated soon' and so far we all guessed wrong

i wonder if defying obama is actually more dangerous than killing 50 percent of your countries drug dealers

it's like ~2400 in 2 months now

I just read an article about how there is now a cottage hitman industry there because the job market blows and the gov't is offering bounties on drug dealers. Dude is loving nuts and I hope he gets assassinated soon

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Well, if it makes anyone feel better we absolutely hosed the poo poo out of the filipinos when they tried to rebel after we invaded and kicked out the spanish they were complaining about, as another poster mentioned

I think there was some torture involved as well, like burying people in sand and having ants devour them? I don't know. That part is kind of poo poo, but it's an american tradition :911:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

I just read an article about how there is now a cottage hitman industry there because the job market blows and the gov't is offering bounties on drug dealers. Dude is loving nuts and I hope he gets assassinated soon

Uber but for death squads

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
is the issue that they simply can't afford to put drug offenders in jail?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

loving animes is all well and good but where's my ultra realistic VR rendition of tearing someons guts out and bathing in their remains

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

we whupped spains butts real good haha gently caress you spain

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure their tourism industry is taking a hard nose dive too.

I wanted to visit the Philippines but uh not anymore.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Bro Dad posted:

the rate of drug use is lower in the philippines than in loving australia, however filipinos are totally convinced its the source of all their problems and not the toxic political culture that makes it the deadliest place in the world to be a politician

in fact a lot of duterte's political enemies are already being named as accomplices in the drug trade and he keeps threatening to declare marital law

basically he's ferdinand marcos with a less interesting wife

You say that like australia is some bastion of 0 drug use lol have you met an average australian h

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

think of it like a trip to hunt exotic game but the game is druggies

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
between this and thailand my dickgirl vacation is hosed

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Moridin920 posted:

i was there as a kid and all i can remember is hot coca cola, a dog vomitting a giant pile of moving worms, a handless girl begging for money, and other horrible loving poo poo. but the lumpia was good and the people were generally nice. then a volcano went off and everybody died. all the good ones, i guess

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ladyboys though

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I like this guy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

ladyboys though

plenty in thailand and other places tho

I'm not at all surprised he is saying his political opponents are drug dealers now lol. This whole thing is an insane senile old man's fantasy scenario and it is just open murder in the streets because all you presumably have to do is say they were on drugs and that's good enough.

He openly said 'go kill addicts bc their parents don't have the balls to.'

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Philippines is also awash in guns. It seems like there's neighborhood gun mills churning out firearms of varying qualities and chutzpah. Like, if you wanted someone to build a sub-machine gun chambered in .50 Smith & Wesson or a revolver chambered in .308 NATO, you could probably find them. And probably get your hand blown off in the process.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i wonder if trump would ever have thee stones to openly admit to rape fantasies

We know he's brave enough to cop to incest fantasies but i wanna hear him talk about wanting to rape a murdered rape victim

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can you rape a murder victim though or can you only defile their corpse

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i was there as a kid and all i can remember is hot coca cola, a dog vomitting a giant pile of moving worms, a handless girl begging for money, and other horrible loving poo poo. but the lumpia was good and the people were generally nice. then a volcano went off and everybody died. all the good ones, i guess

hell yeah lumpia is the best

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR-lxPhGunU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

LegoPirateNinja posted:

is the issue that they simply can't afford to put drug offenders in jail?
The issue is that the phillipines suck and this is an outlet for violence that has a minimal chance of being "useful".

• Locked thread