Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

duterte will say lots of funny and angry things when he finally winds up in court, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
So how much you wanna bet he's running a bunch of drugs himself and this is a good double whammy of removing political rivals and drug rivals at the same time?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FuhrerHat posted:

its easy to rally people against a drug boogeyman
if you want to go to war with islam you risk losing half your population to death or ideology

stick with the boogeyman

It's funny that even they basically called him on his "internet tough guy" bullshit by blowing up a significant chunk of his hometown and all he could do was go into speeches about eating them instead of putting bounties and poo poo.

FuhrerHat posted:

the reason this will matter to you (the us/europe/etc):

duterte has become a close buddy of china and supports or ignores their island expansion into the south-china seas
which leaves the most suitable geographical country to oppose said expansion off of diplomatic talks

without a strong claim by the phillippines, there is little that can be done to ensure that waterway stays international

and obviously thats going to cause some friction

Part of me wants this just so Japan can poo poo itself uncontrollably at the thought of becoming third or fourth fiddle behind China and South Korea.

Nutsngum posted:

So how much you wanna bet he's running a bunch of drugs himself and this is a good double whammy of removing political rivals and drug rivals at the same time?

That's pretty much most people are thinking, especially when he started dropping accusations about the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and other judges complaining of the bounties being human rights violations.

FuhrerHat posted:

duterte will say lots of funny and angry things when he finally winds up in court, too

Possibly, but I feel like the only reason he can get away with this poo poo is because of his power. Having to deal with people more powerful than him, he seems to acquiesce pretty quickly.

Honestly, finding out that Duterte was molested as a child by a Catholic priest explains a whole lot.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Lastgirl posted:

moridin, more like moronidin stop making GBS threads up this thread you idiot thanks in advance

back to rodrigo wanting to eat people

what do u think people taste like
Pork.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I have to say, I would love to live in a society where I could come home from work, hook up with some friends, form a death squad and murk a bunch of drug dealers* for entertainment with no legal encumbrances.

* drug dealers could extend to certain social group members or self-identifiers choosing particular lifestyles. If we suspect them being involved with drugs, that is

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
yea but that's obviously not what's going on here. if you merc the wrong druggo you'll get merced too because its very likely duterte is du-dirty

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

people probably taste more like chimpanzee, gorilla, monkey, or other "bush meat" and less like pork

i remember learning at some point that homonids aren't good eatin' as a evolutionary defense - we didn't have herd protection that buffalo or hogs would, so it was survival of the least tasty

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

reallivedinosaur posted:

people probably taste more like chimpanzee, gorilla, monkey, or other "bush meat" and less like pork

i remember learning at some point that homonids aren't good eatin' as a evolutionary defense - we didn't have herd protection that buffalo or hogs would, so it was survival of the least tasty

"long pig" is a well known colloquialism for human flesh prepared for consumption

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hannibal was a good show but i didnt see the third season

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Philippines is up there with China and Singapore on my list of places I have zero desire to visit ever

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

Why do they call it bush meat when black people hunt it and regular meat when its a white guy dragging the animal out of the forest

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Buca di Bepis posted:

Why do they call it bush meat when black people hunt it and regular meat when its a white guy dragging the animal out of the forest

do white people eat primates?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

i think the definition for white is so mutable that you can just say "people who eat primates aren't white, no matter what they look like"

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
remember that scots and fenians aren't white men

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bug Bill Murray posted:

Philippines is up there with China and Singapore on my list of places I have zero desire to visit ever

China is great if you aren't Chinese and don't go to the usual touristy places. If you go to the South, go in the off-season when it's not 40000 degrees all the time. Don't go to Peking at all I mean that place is literally poisonous.

Just bear in mind that if you order a 3€ fish dish in a restaurant, it's probably the entire fish.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haverchuck posted:

Just like everyone else on the planet they eat whatever's running around in their back yard

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I don't trust anyone that doesn't know how to spell their own name, Rodrigo Duerte

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Buca di Bepis posted:

Just like everyone else on the planet they eat whatever's running around in their back yard

Yeah love me some voles.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

China is great if you aren't Chinese and don't go to the usual touristy places. If you go to the South, go in the off-season when it's not 40000 degrees all the time. Don't go to Peking at all I mean that place is literally poisonous.

Just bear in mind that if you order a 3€ fish dish in a restaurant, it's probably the entire fish.

Also the cheeks are delicious and the eyeballs don't taste bad if you want to show off.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mozi posted:

Also the cheeks are delicious and the eyeballs don't taste bad if you want to show off.

Yeah a co-worker just told me the other day that when he smokes salmon the cheeks are the best bit. I just don't eat faces really.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Haverchuck posted:

tastes like chicken

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
My previous company commander openly admired and supported this guy and his murder policies. I wonder how he's walking that back now (if he is).

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Parallax Scroll posted:

moridin must be the unluckiest dude in gbs because he keeps showing up and posting in fun good threads at the exact same time as when they turn into lovely threads

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

moridin must be the unluckiest dude in gbs because he keeps showing up and posting in fun good threads at the exact same time as when they turn into lovely threads

Yes I'm sure its just a coincidence.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I watched the new PURGE movie and it has foreigners coming during purge time to do murder tourism

will the phillipines gimmie a murder visa?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Duterte later expressed regret over his remark about Obama. In a statement read by his spokesman, he said his “strong comments” that were made in response to a reporter’s question “elicited concern and distress.”

"He expresses deep regret, regards and affinity for Obama and the U.S.’ diplomatic partnership with our nation,” the spokesman said, according to the Singaporean broadcaster Channel NewsAsia.

lol I wonder who picked up the phone and told him to step in line or get bombed

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol I wonder who picked up the phone and told him to step in line or get bombed

Putin? Xi Jinping? Someone with seriously heavy weight and minimal willingness to put up with someone upsetting the international apple cart?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
The ultimate irony would be somebody shooting him and claiming he was the king of all drug dealers, no evidence required and a $400 bounty to boot.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hmm some real hot takes on what people taste like

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
did u know that if you eat people meat, your brain gets all fucky and poo poo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

this informative thing says so, right there ^

u get the kuru and then ur like shaking and laughing while eatin people

good times

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i wonder if u can

shake and bake people meat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nah, you only get the kuru if you ate Kuru infected people. So don't eat other cannibals.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm pretty sure human meat is halal so idk why hes trying to rile up the terrorists by saying he'll eat them

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a cool fact about the Philippines is they have a secessionist group called MILF

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah, you only get the kuru if you ate Kuru infected people. So don't eat other cannibals.

what if you accidentally eat a fellow cannibal

i wonder if theres like

a secret nod or gesture that other cannibals can recognize so they don't gently caress each other up with kuru

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like drugs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

if you gots something to say to me you can say it lol you don't need to run to D&D and whine

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

if you gots something to say to me you can say it lol you don't need to run to D&D and whine

your political opinions are unfunny, wrong, and numerous

most everyone here doesnt seem to like you posting them, are you even self-aware enough to care?

how does it feel to know that people who have never even met you go out of their way to insult you based solely off your thoughts and personality?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

have you ever seen a vagina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how many chodes did you need to polish off before fyad stopped probating you for being horrible

• Locked thread