Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

Okay, so it's now storytime with ol' Uncle Cobaiiiiiiiiin! Let me tell you about last Wednesday, oh Lord what a day it was. So after work, I decided to visit my friend Noelle. She's been feeling kinda down lately and I offered her my extra N64 and some games to help her feel better. Well, the plan was to stop in, drop it off, maybe talk for a bit, then I'd go home. Whoops, we ended up losing track of time because I kind of have a major crush on her and wanted to spend more time with her. So I ended up leaving at like 3am.

On my drive home, the GPS took me down a dirt road. This road, while it was said to lead out onto a main street, it was actually an ATV trail. The trail was so narrow that I couldn't turn around. I figured it had to lead to a street eventually, but I was dead wrong. I kept going forward and eventually the car sank into a swamp and hit a log. I try opening my door to assess how hosed I was, but the door couldn't open. The water is too high and water starts pooling. All the warning lights on the dash light up, alarms sounding, bad news, So I cut the engine and go out the non-sunken side, the passenger side.

After I did that, however, the door closes behind me, and since I'm the Patron Saint of Bad Luck, it actually LOCKED behind me. Luckily, there was another way in. My slightly ajar drivers side door. In waist high water. So I had to trudge through the swamp. Said swamp ATE my shoes and my pants. So I am now completely bottomless just lounging in a flooded car about a mile away from civilization.

So from here I do what I must do: call 911. Firemen come and see this motherfucker in an FLCL shirt and bright purple underwear leaning out of a yellow VW bug. They mention we had to hike up to the road and the cops would drive me back to City. Well, I mention the lack of shoes so they had to loan me fireman's boots. So here I am trudging along pantless in fireman boots up I swear half a mile worth of hill. It is HARD to walk in those, btw. After that I get to the cops.

loving hell were they rude. They tell me, "We got more important things to do than drive some wasted college punk home." And I'm like, yeah, but I am stranded over an hour drive from home with no vehicle, how will I get there? They tell me oh I MUST have friends. Bear in mind at this point it's 4:30a. I try calling almost everyone in my contact list's phone who has a car, but no answer. Obviously. I then go, gently caress it, take me back to Noelle's.

So I walk in, thankfully the door was still unlocked, knocked on her bedroom door, and there I am standing face to face with the girl I've kinda had a thing for for awhile now drenched in mud and without pants. She let me use her shower and gave me clean clothes. Also, despite being deathly tired, she stayed up the rest of the night with me until I could get a tow truck in the morning (about noonish). I also ended up asking her out that night, but she still is unsure of what's going on with her and her ex and doesn't want to lead me on or anything (they actually ended up hanging out the next weekend, that ended in a loving disaster and then led to me picking her up in my rental car because he wouldn't drive her home and then us getting dinner...woo?), however I will say she not only didn't say no, she said she wouldn't be opposed to the idea. So there's hope maybe? Especially since when we were watching Netflix, I had my arm around her, cuddling and whatnot, and feel like if she had no interest in me whatsoever she'd be like, "Bruh, the gently caress?" But Jesus Christ is her ex a loving chode so even if I do strike out, I hope she stops chasing after that gently caress.

Anyway, when I got to the towing company, first I tried to see if AAA would help, but they couldn't since I was nowhere close to a street. I got a company to help me get it onto the street again, took over an hour to pull it out and we had to use an ATV, MANY cables and chains, and the actual towtruck. They were AAA certified so they also drove it to a garage in City and that was of no charge. (The initial towing though was a steep $575) The lady even bought me Sheetz because I hadn't eaten since 2am the night before.

Overall it was a wild loving adventure, and despite the wreck, I have to say it was the highlight of my Summer.

But drat do I need to get a new car quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
give me one sec, i'm going to read all of that

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody gonna be stuck in the swamp this fall as the Florida Gators roll coal all over the sec

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's good to have adventures sometimes

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ya i had sex w ur mom 2 op

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
why did you ask the girl out when you were wearing an anime shirt... Great story otherwise, congrats on the swamp

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

gently caress the ROW posted:

why did you ask the girl out when you were wearing an anime shirt... Great story otherwise, congrats on the swamp

Actually, I asked her out wearing her shirt. And the anime shirt was so covered in mud, the design was completely covered. Debatable on whether this made things worse or better, but I don't really care either way.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is an inspiring story of hope and perseverance in the face of impossible odds. bravo for representing the best of america - for all of us

also you should keep a sump pump in your car so you can pump yourself out next time

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:
Good story! however,

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin posted:

bright purple underwear

:v: This was in Louisiana?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Cool which subreddit did you steal this from?

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Cool which subreddit did you steal this from?

Hey n64s are easy to carry and he started with a car. He could have been wading through a bog, printer held resolutely overhead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
good thing it was a swamp rather than a bog. if it was a bog that would mean you were in england.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's a p good story I must admit.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Yah I read that entire OP and I actually wasn't disappointed I hope things work out for you muddy OP

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ROFLburger posted:

give me one sec, i'm going to read all of that

not me

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

You didn't have a window to slip out of? Nobody knows you at all?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Sheetz sucks you should have got wawa you human being

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
op displays a callous disregard for future archaeologists

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Did the op get his dick wet or what?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Boy, this sure is A Thing. A (Swamp) Thing. Bahahahahaha :bravo: :newlol:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I didn't read all of that. Is it a story about the origins of swamp gas?

I'm just going to assume it is.

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

Egbert Souse posted:

You didn't have a window to slip out of? Nobody knows you at all?

Oh plenty of people do, it's just most are productive members of society who are sleeping at 4:30am.

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Good story! however,

:v: This was in Louisiana?

Western PA, I just like to make a bold statement with my drawers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i had a similar kind of story when i went mountain biking once. i started down a trail that quickly become unridable but i decided just to keep pushing forward because it had to go somewhere and it was in the direction i was going so maybe it would link up

turns out it just kept going up a big rear end mountain. so i went up the mountain and down the other side of the mountain while hauling a 35 lbs dual suspension MTB on my back in 30 degree celsius with no tree cover and im sweating buckets. hikers were all like "you know you cant ride here" and im like yeah no poo poo rear end in a top hat billy goats would have trouble even walking here let alone riding a drat bicycle down a cliff.

but i never turned around. gently caress that. backtracking is for losers.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey op I wound up stuck in your dad's rear end too!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Looks like youll never be the head of a major corporation :grin:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

You know your car has a reverse gear, right? Like, you don't have to turn around, the car will move backwards.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
...ruining the very pants I had meant to return!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
swamp.avi

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I didn't read it but I'm replying. Thanks for the opportunity

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
For the record I stopped reading at the 4th "I" in cobain

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Back when manual transmissions were the prevalent thing my great uncle thought the R stood for Race and was the gear after 5 or 6 or whatever the highest gear is.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

amityville anus posted:

Back when manual transmissions were the prevalent thing my great uncle thought the R stood for Race and was the gear after 5 or 6 or whatever the highest gear is.

Did he work at Nintendo?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

amityville anus posted:

Genius

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

For the record I stopped reading at the 4th "I" in cobain

That's about when the story stopped being remotely interesting, honestly. You got to the highlight.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
op you never really said if noelle got all her stuff printed or not, after that whole story you kinda left us hanging

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

Boner Zone posted:

op you never really said if noelle got all her stuff printed or not, after that whole story you kinda left us hanging

I don't follow? I don't recall mentioning anything being printed? Elaborate. Any questions you have about the night, I'd be happy to fill in any missing details.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

social vegan posted:

ya i had sex w ur mom 2 op

gently caress this is the second thread someone beat me to the correct reply

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Did he work at Nintendo?

He was from Amish country

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Is there some sort of e/n exchange program happening here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure it's a very nice post, op

• Locked thread