Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

This is the IC thread for a game that already filled up. If you're looking for open recruits, they're often linked over here.

Fr. Ryan Carmody

Father Carmody wears heavy clothes for business: long coats, and when the weather allows, heavy scarves. In a pinch, they're easier to have cleaned. But more, people tend to turn heads when a man dressed like a pastor walks into a bar. (He knows a few jokes about that.)

He's had a strange day. No church business and few people staying over, so he turned his attention in the day to tending to the Boundary Ward that guards his parish church from unwelcome spirits. Minding the Hisil has set him vaguely on edge today. He's smelled rain and smoke in the air, seen spirits passing in Twilight which should by rights lay dormant that early in the day, could have sworn he heard languages in the city that don't belong to the immigrant communities he knows, and he knows a good number. The only visitor to the church was a face he's not known, too well dressed to be the typical down-on-his-luck fellow seeking shelter, with a message to come to Patty's. He was vague on why.

So the Father walks in several paces behind Red. He was there earlier, but it's easier to trust the strange summons when he knows a packmate is close by. He gives the bartender a reserved smile, which Carmody usually reserves for suspicious times. "Evening, Red. Is that Patty?" he asks. "Now that you mention it, I've never met Patty himself. There any coffee left back there? If not, just an ice water for me." It's late for coffee, but it's just polite to order something you can pay for.

From there, he falls quiet, makes small talk where appropriate, and lets Red keep the man's attention. She's good at leading the conversation. The Father just soaks in the atmosphere, and the smells of the bar... the occult smells, under the surface, feeling for the touch of the unnatural, whether visible or invisible.

Let's have the first roll of the game early: 1 Essence to Scent the Unnatural, and a Willpower to pump it with dice. Wits + Occult + Purity success:
[20:34] <Iamjustabox> .roll 7d10
[20:34] <skybot> Iamjustabox: 38 (7d10=6, 8, 9, 3, 6, 5, 1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread