Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/ZDNet/status/773249403255721984

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
predictions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-QYQtUxSPo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:toot:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

iPhone 6: the Windows 98SE of phones

iPhone 7: the Windows Me of phones

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
apple has turned into sony but with iphones. if you love your mac, good news, apple will keep selling you the same mac you bought 2 or 3 years ago at the same price you paid back then because why should they ever put work into making new macs when nobody buys them?

also, assuming 32gb is the base model of iphone now, look forward to them still selling 32gb phones in 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's probably poo poo

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i look forward to all of the articles that spin this just like removing the floppy drive and completely missing the point that eliminating the floppy drive was an advantage and eliminating the headphone jack isn't

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I don't like the independent tech press at all.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I look forward to the $100 accessory that lets me plug normal headphones into a bluetooth receiver

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

bump_fn posted:

I look forward to the $100 accessory that lets me plug normal headphones into a bluetooth receiver

i wonder if bluetooth audio delay will become an aesthetic among young people in the same way overly-compressed mp3s did

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i look forward to all of the articles that spin this just like removing the floppy drive and completely missing the point that eliminating the floppy drive was an advantage and eliminating the headphone jack isn't

eliminating the wires between earphones and phone is an advantage

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
their mac announcement is that they're going back to powerpc

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bump_fn posted:

their mac announcement is that they're going back to powerpc

we're ending analog piracy by getting rid of headphone jacks and ending OS X piracy by getting rid of processors

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pissflaps posted:

eliminating the wires between earphones and phone is an advantage

are you tired of outdated technology getting in the way and ruining your day?
*b&w video of a doofus getting all tangled in headphone wires and falling over*

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

indigi posted:

are you tired of outdated technology getting in the way and ruining your day?
*b&w video of a doofus getting all tangled in headphone wires and falling over*

earphone wires are annoying when youre running and the current wireless solutions still have a wire between the earphones if apple have created a pair of truly wireless earphones then that will be magical

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

earphone wires are annoying when youre running and the current wireless solutions still have a wire between the earphones if apple have created a pair of truly wireless earphones then that will be magical

why would you take your phone when you run? isn't that what the apple watch is for?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

why would you take your phone when you run? isn't that what the apple watch is for?

i take my phone with me because it has my music on it and i use its GPS and its useful to have a way of communicating with people

i expect the new apple watch will work with these new wireless earphones and allow you to go out without your phone and it just makes these an even more compelling product

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

still failing to see how this necessitates removing the headphone jack, the most ubiquitous connection in the world followed by the cigarette lighter/power port in cars

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pissflaps posted:

truly wireless earphones exist and theyre bad because it increases your chance of losing one of them and also you have to double the electronics and halve the battery life

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i dont think it does necessitate the removal of the headphone jack but:

a) that doesnt make a pair of genuinely wireless earphones any less good or magical

and

b) i dont give a poo poo about the iphone headphone jack being removed because when i get a new iphone:

i) itll come with a new pair of lightning earpods

ii) ill buy some of the aforementioned magical wireless earpods

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

fart simpson posted:

truly wireless earphones exist and theyre bad because it increases your chance of losing one of them and also you have to double the electronics and halve the battery life

this is an advantage because,

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

cant wait to lose one of these earbuds and have to pay $50 to replace it

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

fart simpson posted:

if you cant be trusted to not lose things then dont buy them in the first place leave these innovative magical products to the adults ?? bitch

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

either the new headphones use bluetooth, which is garbage (pairing sucks, the audio delay sucks), or they use an apple invented protocol, which means they won't work with anything else

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
'this product is bad because i cant not lose things' -a loving idiot

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

either the new headphones use bluetooth, which is garbage (pairing sucks, the audio delay sucks), or they use an apple invented protocol, which means they won't work with anything else

because why would i use them with anythng but an iphone or apple watch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a littel tiny earbud is easy to simply drop or have it fall out of your ear and instead of it swinging harmlessly from the joint in your headphone wires it will fall and possibly roll down a sewer or into a puddle or into a big truck full of identical but defective lightning earbuds rendering it impossible to recover

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

indigi posted:

a littel tiny earbud is easy to simply drop or have it fall out of your ear and instead of it swinging harmlessly from the joint in your headphone wires it will fall and possibly roll down a sewer or into a puddle or into a big truck full of identical but defective lightning earbuds rendering it impossible to recover

then dont buy things you cant look after

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also a household pet or baby might see it on the rug and swallow it since it is so small, and they might Die of it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
yes im a grown rear end man

yes i am responsible

yes i am mature

yes i am ready for wireless ear buds

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

then dont buy things you cant look after

what if while you're running a drop of sweat goes into your ear and dislodges one of the things and it falls down a cliff into the ocean

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pissflaps posted:

yes im a grown rear end man

yes i am responsible

yes i am mature

yes i am ready for wireless ear buds

sexist poster has never lost an earring

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

indigi posted:

what if while you're running a drop of sweat goes into your ear and dislodges one of the things and it falls down a cliff into the ocean

i believe they will be sweat proof

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I am still hoping for headphone jack in the apple iwatch 2

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

because why would i use them with anythng but an iphone or apple watch

you might want to use it with your laptop/imac at some point? and given apple's track record with updating their computers, i wouldn't hold out hope that a custom wireless thing will arrive there any time soon

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

bump_fn posted:

sexist poster has never lost an earring

sexist poster thinks that earrings are strictly for one gender

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

you might want to use it with your laptop/imac at some point? and given apple's track record with updating their computers, i wouldn't hold out hope that a custom wireless thing will arrive there any time soon

use your old earpods with your old products that dont support the new technology this isnt difficult people

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
where is the mic supposed to be in that mockup in the OP

i would expect wireless phones to be more like the ones currently in existence where u wear like a necklace or something

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

apple watch

please don't troll in Yospos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club