Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Vintersorg posted:

holy poo poo this cant be real lmao

god rid of headphone jack

didnt get rid of camera bump

checks out as real to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

apple has turned into sony but with iphones. if you love your mac, good news, apple will keep selling you the same mac you bought 2 or 3 years ago at the same price you paid back then because why should they ever put work into making new macs when nobody buys them?
uh they are still making $5-6 billion a quarter off of macs, and given the coming slowdown in iphone revenue diversifying their stream is gonna be more important than ever, so

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

bump_fn posted:

god rid of headphone jack

didnt get rid of camera bump

checks out as real to me

the camera bump is an advantage because,

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

the camera bump is an advantage because,

because it allows you to have the thinnest possible phone without compromising on photo quality

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

uh they are still making $5-6 billion a quarter off of macs, and given the coming slowdown in iphone revenue diversifying their stream is gonna be more important than ever, so

you might want to tell that to tim then, they're still selling the mac pro that came out in 2013 for full price, along side their laptops that haven't been updated since early 2015, also at full price

they were selling a 1920x1080 monitor for $1000 until last month, lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

you might want to tell that to tim then, they're still selling the mac pro that came out in 2013 for full price, along side their laptops that haven't been updated since early 2015, also at full price

how many apple users actually give a gently caress about specs as long as it has that logo and comes in rose gold

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

indigi posted:

how many apple users actually give a gently caress about specs as long as it has that logo and comes in rose gold

rose gold is so last year

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

because it allows you to have the thinnest possible phone without compromising on photo quality

Thinness is bad, though.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

GameCube posted:

Thinness is bad, though.

the gooniest post itt

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

indigi posted:

i'm not sure how big the market of "willing to spend around $1500 while doing literally no research" is

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the Apple Boy who visits Yospos but twice a year for his favorite telephone manufacturer's press conference: it's good that my favorite phone is lumpy, because if you pinch the part that doesn't have the lump, your fingertips are slightly closer together

Extremely Woke Senior Yosposter: The Apple iPhone 6 bends under normal use.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
ive been using my iphone 6 normally for 2 years and it hasnt bent once youre a liar

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

DONGLES OUT FOR HARAMBE

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pissflaps posted:

ive been using my iphone 6 normally for 2 years and it hasnt bent once youre a liar

to you shame steve jobs dead ghost by usign a case tho

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

apparently Apple disagrees, since they added extra stiffening to the iPhone 6s, instead of designing a better phone.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Skim Milk posted:

DONGLES OUT FOR HARAMBE

All 25 of Apple’s Dongles in One Place

your laptop can be slightly thinner, but now you have to carry around 25 (more than that after today) dongles to get anything done

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hopefully my winnings from the Touch Disease Class Action will offset the cost of all these dongles.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

bump_fn posted:

to you shame steve jobs dead ghost by usign a case tho

i have an apple leather case

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

your laptop can be slightly thinner, but now you have to carry around 25 (more than that after today) dongles to get anything done

hey my dude can I plug in this ethernet cable??

:20bux:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
cool its pissflaps

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Steve Jobs was still alive when Apple had to give away free rubber bumpers to compensate for their hardware failures, right? How embarrassing for him.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
still predicting that the removal of the headphone jack rumor is a load of poo poo

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

yes cause you totally need that tty connector or that magsafe to magsafe 2 adaptor

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

they should have called them AirBuds

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

holy poo poo this cant be real lmao

it is a mock-up, not real

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQ7oL9pIIU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
ground floor slightly

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

yes it has. it continuously bends in your pocket and eventually the touch sensor will become disconnected and cause touch aids.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

me in two hours: the iPhone Steve edition is still the best phone ever made

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/773354658379157505?s=09

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

me in two hours: the iPhone Steve edition is still the best phone ever made

yeah, the 4S was the right size for a regular hand's thumb to reach all parts of the screen

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
god loving damnit i have a 1pm meeting

piss gently caress

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

graph posted:

piss gently caress

ahh that sucks, but if your meetings lasts < 1 hr, you can probably still catch the best stuff

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

graph posted:

piss gently caress

Good, you won't miss the keynote, as it starts at 10am for all of us on Tim Cook time.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i really hope they at least give us the date for the Macbook event if there is one.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i cant loving wait omfg smdh ityool

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i hope you have to use safari to stream the keynote

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

and they are still making that level of money from those computers, so

it was 2560x1440, which is reasonable considering reliable external SST 60hz 4k monitors only became a thing recently and require displayport 1.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Amazon let this slip early:

• Locked thread