Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

notZaar posted:

Depends did you play Football or one of those sissy other sports?

Baseball so kinda inbetween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Smash it Smash hit posted:

what kinda HP you got in that baby?

I use my arms.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Tramadol Junkie posted:

I use my arms.

so like -1? LOL

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Slipped a disc last year snowboarding, still have bit of a sore back at times.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Baseball so kinda inbetween

Hmm well OK as long as you were roiding.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
also i have a sweet scar on my leg due to cutting it with a chainsaw

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

notZaar posted:

Hmm well OK as long as you were roiding.

well i mean i had to be competitive. college sports roids are so casual its amazing

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Legally blind in right eye
2 cracked ribs
Broken thumb, index and ring finger on right hand
Torn ligaments left thumb
Torn MCL right knee
Torn rotator cuff right shoulder
Around 60 stitches in various places
Partially ruptured vastus medialis, right quad
Other than the eye thing which is congenital , and about half the stiches,all these are sports related, and all have happened after the age of 36. I'm 42 now and figure to be crippled soon at the rate I'm going

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I have an autoimmune disease that makes me tired pretty much constantly. The main treatment for my condition is an immune system suppressant, like Methotrexate.

Also this week I am being reminded that I fractured my 12th vertebrae 12 years ago.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I went deaf in one ear on June 4th. I was just sitting there and then I went half deaf and it sucked and I got vertigo for like a week. Doctors tried a bunch of poo poo and it didn't work so they're going to drill a hole in my head later this month and stick a computer there and then maybe I'll be better.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

treiz01 posted:

I have an autoimmune disease that makes me tired pretty much constantly. The main treatment for my condition is an immune system suppressant, like Methotrexate.

Also this week I am being reminded that I fractured my 12th vertebrae 12 years ago.

I take cyclosporine daily, was on methotrexate weekly dose for 4 years before changing for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. DMARDs are not that bad of a drug.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Devo posted:

I went deaf in one ear on June 4th. I was just sitting there and then I went half deaf and it sucked and I got vertigo for like a week. Doctors tried a bunch of poo poo and it didn't work so they're going to drill a hole in my head later this month and stick a computer there and then maybe I'll be better.

Congrats on your future cyborg status

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Man Whore posted:

Thanks I'm looking forward to my new cyberpunk future

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Man Whore posted:

or lobotomy

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
my body is impressive and will almost definitely outlive my mind

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

well i mean i had to be competitive. college sports roids are so casual its amazing

What division did you play? I've seen you mention baseball a couple times before, just curious

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

utterlycorrupt posted:

What division did you play? I've seen you mention baseball a couple times before, just curious

NCAA Division II. Started NAIA my freshman year but, were bumped up cause we were pretty okay and paid the outrageous fee.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
im dying for real.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Rambling Robot posted:

im dying for real.

proud of you

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

NCAA Division II. Started NAIA my freshman year but, were bumped up cause we were pretty okay and paid the outrageous fee.

thats a higher division than i played in so i just saluted yuo before i typed this post, what position did you play? i played right field

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Im on track for a natural death

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
13 dislocation and 4 surgeries between my 2 shoulders

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
crippling addiction to marijuana

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

extra stout posted:

thats a higher division than i played in so i just saluted yuo before i typed this post, what position did you play? i played right field

Recruited as outfielder and some infield (second and first) when needed so, utility I guess. I actually greyshirted and in the fall I crushed all our pitchers so they gave me a scholarship.

Freshman year I was mostly a DH/PH for left handed pitchers and I threw bullpins when I was bored. Coach saw me throwing decent gas and let me relief some my sophmore year and started left field and played first/second if my arm was sore.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Nice. I never went past III, didn't have a ton of velocity, but was decent enough that the scholarship took out a good chunk of the tuition at the time

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

utterlycorrupt posted:

Nice. I never went past III, didn't have a ton of velocity, but was decent enough that the scholarship took out a good chunk of the tuition at the time

Yeah I lucked out and they saw me at a tournament and I hit two gappers off a pro-prospect closer. He just tried to gas it up on me but the third time he brought out his 86 mph slider and it was good night for me haha.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
loving chugging some milk after reading this thread, god drat.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I have found out alot of the "pro" players that I played with were definitely juicing. After they stopped playing ball their bodies turned to absolute poo poo. I played mens league this weekend against a two time national championship division 1 closer that is three years younger than me and he was pretty garbage.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

infrequent migraines
IBS
ulcer that appeared over the summer for no reason
nearsighted

19 going on 35 :suicide:

at least i've never broken a bone or torn a ligament or anything like that

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

symbolic posted:

infrequent migraines
IBS
ulcer that appeared over the summer for no reason
nearsighted

19 going on 35 :suicide:

at least i've never broken a bone or torn a ligament or anything like that

yeah would have to leave the house to do that

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What's a good steroid to take if you want to get buff and feel good all the time?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Jizz.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

notZaar posted:

What's a good steroid to take if you want to get buff and feel good all the time?

idk i wasnt picky

brotato
May 14, 2013
I have a scar on my eyeball that itches a lot.

Also I have narcolepsy and I can't smell.

Some of y'all need help god drat. Eat a calcium supplement.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
i have a shoulder that got shattered in a bike accident and is pretty much screwed together shards of bone. Some of the muscles around the injury had to be cut to perform the surgery and are scarred either from that or from having it isolated for several weeks afterward. It varies between moderate discomfort and throbbing pain every minute of every day.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You should do press exercises, that will build your muscles back.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

I take cyclosporine daily, was on methotrexate weekly dose for 4 years before changing for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. DMARDs are not that bad of a drug.

Eh, it's not just the drug. It's that plus my condition plus constantly catching every bug that comes my way.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

treiz01 posted:

Eh, it's not just the drug. It's that plus my condition plus constantly catching every bug that comes my way.

I just seem to have a permanent cold/runny nose for the past 6 years and the odd urinary or chest infection.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

notZaar posted:

You should do press exercises, that will build your muscles back.

I think I have most of the mass back (at least, in that both my shoulders are about equal) but I've heard that in building up the muscles in my back, the tear-and-repair process might help with the scar tissue in my trapezius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mein Eyes! posted:

I think I have most of the mass back (at least, in that both my shoulders are about equal) but I've heard that in building up the muscles in my back, the tear-and-repair process might help with the scar tissue in my trapezius.

i hosed up my shoulder once from pitching too much, i tried to exercizes and rest to help it but in the end i had to just man through it and tear out that scar tissue by long tossing

• Locked thread