Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mein Eyes! posted:

I think I have most of the mass back (at least, in that both my shoulders are about equal) but I've heard that in building up the muscles in my back, the tear-and-repair process might help with the scar tissue in my trapezius.

Well then get up on the pull up bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Ive got large ball syndrome and the doctors say its progressive, as well as terminally sexy

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
my liver is super strong from all of the drinking its been getting a real workout

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

I am best described as "pleasantly plump" and worst described as "hefty sack full of refried beans and ranch dressing" (doctor's words, not mine).

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
27, Blood clot in both lungs at the same time which almost killed me... No cause was ever found, but I'm on blood thinners for the rest of my life in case I have some unknown spontaneous clotting disorder.

Other than that no issues. Just waiting for the 30's to roll in and take out my back and knees.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Almost 46

Nearsighted
Have one toenail that grows more like an antler, thanks to getting it slammed in a door as a toddler
Alcoholism
Broken each leg three or four times, lost count. Have pins and screws in both now, maybe that'll fix it
Ditto for right elbow
Chronically itchy right ear
Torn frenulum

krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
38 years old, 100kg. Broken every finger at least once, broken ribs, jaw broken in two places and cracked my skull. Looking for my next adventure 😎

Started swimming again last month, up to 2.5km a session. It's easier when you are fat

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

krustysean posted:

38 years old, 100kg. Broken every finger at least once, broken ribs, jaw broken in two places and cracked my skull. Looking for my next adventure 😎

Started swimming again last month, up to 2.5km a session. It's easier when you are fat

That can't be true. If that was real all our submarines would be spherical.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it is easier to float when you are fat

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Got 3 stitches under my chin when I was 8. Hit the concrete corner of the pool when I turned around.

A year ago, I messed up my knee. It took quite a while to heal, but now it only hurts when the weather changes. It's an old person knee now.

I also got hives for the first time last year. No idea what I might be allergic to. One week before I got them, I got what appeared to be a spider-bite on my leg. It grew in size and darkened over a couple of days and family members told me to get it checked out by a doctor. A week later, it looked like a I had gotten another spider-bite elsewhere on my leg! Oh, and another! And another! Oh hey, these must be hives! They were all over my legs. I did go to a doctor and got prescribed some cream for them.

According to the dentist, I have an infection in a molar that had a root canal 11 years ago. It's not bothering me yet, so I can put off fixing it/extracting the tooth for a little while.

I have a small scar on my shin from a couple years ago. I ran into a raised electrical outlet in the apartment parking lot when moving a piece of furniture.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

notZaar posted:

Well then get up on the pull up bar.

tbh every time i put a lot of force through my shoulder, such as when doing chest presses, it starts aching; after a while I have this terrible imagination of the stress of the exercise causing the screws to grind and the top of my humerus to explode. but yeah, pullups would be good

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Nessa posted:

Got 3 stitches under my chin when I was 8. Hit the concrete corner of the pool when I turned around.

A year ago, I messed up my knee. It took quite a while to heal, but now it only hurts when the weather changes. It's an old person knee now.

I also got hives for the first time last year. No idea what I might be allergic to. One week before I got them, I got what appeared to be a spider-bite on my leg. It grew in size and darkened over a couple of days and family members told me to get it checked out by a doctor. A week later, it looked like a I had gotten another spider-bite elsewhere on my leg! Oh, and another! And another! Oh hey, these must be hives! They were all over my legs. I did go to a doctor and got prescribed some cream for them.

According to the dentist, I have an infection in a molar that had a root canal 11 years ago. It's not bothering me yet, so I can put off fixing it/extracting the tooth for a little while.

I have a small scar on my shin from a couple years ago. I ran into a raised electrical outlet in the apartment parking lot when moving a piece of furniture.

You're probably allergic to your own posting! Like the rest of us! Hahahaha

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i got kicked in the head by a horse when I was 4 and so I don't remember everything else that had happened to me but it's a lot of bad poo poo. surprisingly totally physically healthy as an adult, just brokebrains as gently caress

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Never broke a bone until this year and it was just my pinkie toe so I don't think it counts. Currently dealing with the big toe on the same foot being all hosed up from me dropping 25 lbs on it. Dead nail is finally gone but it still looks weird

One hip is real bad from my high school cross country days. Coach had us on a hardcore training plan with maximum time limits for recovery runs, I did one of those runs in the alotted time and strained the hip muscles something fierce. But then I was stubborn and kept trying to run on it until I basically couldn't. It killed what could have been an okay running career, and the hip still bothers me if I'm walking around a lot. I need to do more strengthening exercises. Also have plantar fasciitis requiring custom orthotics from running all the drat time.

I grind the hell out of my teeth so I gotta wear a grind guard at night.

The only somewhat noticeable scar I have is on my back above my hip. I was at a running camp at the foot of the Arbuckle Mountains and the last day was a race on part of the mountain path. I was in second until I tripped and fell a ways down a gravelly slope, the girl behind me overtook me (she was a naturally better athlete and probably would have beat me anyways). I continued the race, coming in third with blood running down my legs from where my knees were cut open, and a bloody stain on my shirt where my back got cut. I remember crying hysterically by myself in the cabin while I cleaned up (bitter about losing to the other girl).

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm only 23 but my knees are hosed. I went from a job wearing 100lbs of equipment on my back, climbing up terrain, to a job where I sit at a desk all day. I can't even do squats because, even when my form is perfect, my knees feel like they're going to shatter.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i shattered my leg hitting a deer on a motorcycle when i was 19 and i have a metal rod in there now

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Antithrombin deficiency, on my third bloodclot, but am otherwise healthy. I work enough in remote environments that I'm nervous about taking blood thinners. Also, warfarin makes me feel terrible. Right now having to inject LMWH until I see what options are available through Finland's pharmacopia.

My cool trick is getting minor wounds and showing people how quickly it seals up. I would have been a great caveman, but cavemen were never meant to fly transatlantic.

Also, tonsil stones, they are my great shame.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Y'all are a bunch of fragile, crumbling motherfuckers, goddamn

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
The tissue around my heart likes to swell up so every so often it feels like I'm having a heart attack minus the sweet embrace of death

client
Aug 19, 2010

i broke my nose when i was drunk and fell on ice while chasing a dog. i also got a weird ringing in my right ear that started after i fell off a roof (sober this time) and landed on my head.

the head injury probably explains my posting lol

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Blew out my hip shoulder and back racing (and crashing) bicycles. I've prob had a few serious concussions but idk

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Recruited as outfielder and some infield (second and first) when needed so, utility I guess. I actually greyshirted and in the fall I crushed all our pitchers so they gave me a scholarship.

Freshman year I was mostly a DH/PH for left handed pitchers and I threw bullpins when I was bored. Coach saw me throwing decent gas and let me relief some my sophmore year and started left field and played first/second if my arm was sore.

i consider you my friend now, please keep in touch

wait a second i forgot to ask

how do you feel about 'batting gloves' and 'metal bats'?

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
My tendons betray me regularly, had 5 wrist surgeries and looking at elbows next year... if I make it that long before it becomes too painful.

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
Never had a medical issue until the age of 29 when I got up from my desk, not realising that my right leg had lost all feeling. Put all my weight on it and crack, broken metatarsal. Such a lazy way to break a bone.

This year I've had two laparoscopies for endometriosis. My doc told me afterwards that my appendix was all scarred, indicating that I had had appendicitis at some point (no idea), and that my bladder and bowel had a certain type of cell growing on them, indicating either that I've had previous surgery in the area (nope) or that I had a bowel perforation sometime in the past. WTF? I'd remember the pain of a bowel perforation, surely.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Currently, I have a separated rib from being an idiot when trying to get a boat put out onto the lake and I strained the wrong way while leaning over a rail. It sounded crunchy. Much louder than you'd expect. It's OK though, it only hurts while I'm alive.

I've torn my lower lumbar 3 times. Destroyed my right shoulder to the point that it wouldn't move due to muscle tears. Took years to heal. I've badly sprained my right ankle somewhere around 3 times. That doesn't count mild strains. I've tweaked my right ACL twice. Each time took over a year to heal. My neck is garbage due to whiplash and having a displaced vertebrae which is likely congenital.

Broke my left foot once, broke a toe on my right foot once. Many dislocated fingers (they pop right back in when you pull them out). Half severed my left big toe once when I dropped a piece of sheet steel on it with bare feet. It glued up fine with superglue, toilet paper, and adhesive tape.

My body is garbage and it's all my fault. I'm always hurting myself due to carelessness.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
33 years old, no major injuries, moderately shortsighted, and have an elbow I can make weird knocking noises with. I did manage to mess up my foot during a charity run 3 weeks ago, but It's healed enough that I can start running mess it up again this week.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

extra stout posted:

i consider you my friend now, please keep in touch

wait a second i forgot to ask

how do you feel about 'batting gloves' and 'metal bats'?

Never wore batting gloves and actually got a legitimate steroid testing because of how much ridiculous pop can come from a composite bat on the brink of failure.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

26 years old, haven't died once which leads me to conclude I'm probably immortal.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

to be serious for a moment... problems i got

short sighted
i hosed up my hip and it feels weird to squat but everything else is fine
overactive bladder which comes and goes.. I just need to PISS alot sometimes. gone to the doctor a few times about it.
i had hemorrhoids (or a fissure?) for a bit but they cleared up and by the time i went to the doctor about it there was just a bit of extra tissue on my anus from it. for a few months making GBS threads was a nightmare and i had to literally get drunk to poo poo to help with the pain. Good news is I can take it up the arse again :)

other than that i bike alot so i got some minor scars from falling off and stuff

e: oh yea, i forgot ive got some annoying black spot in my vision and i can only really see it at night. i've had it checked out and have regular eye checks (cause i got glasses) but they've never really told me wtf it is.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 8, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

41 and had a clavicle resection a few years ago after a motorcycle accident. My shoulder pops every once in a while when moving my arm. About 2 times a year my back will hurt for a couple days. Oh, and I have GERD. Otherwise, I have 20/17 and 20/15 vision naturally, never had dental work other than cleanings and removal of wisdom teeth and all other joints work properly.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

God Bless Johnny posted:

Never had a medical issue until the age of 29 when I got up from my desk, not realising that my right leg had lost all feeling. Put all my weight on it and crack, broken metatarsal. Such a lazy way to break a bone.

This year I've had two laparoscopies for endometriosis. My doc told me afterwards that my appendix was all scarred, indicating that I had had appendicitis at some point (no idea), and that my bladder and bowel had a certain type of cell growing on them, indicating either that I've had previous surgery in the area (nope) or that I had a bowel perforation sometime in the past. WTF? I'd remember the pain of a bowel perforation, surely.

the gooniest health history

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I've never been so grateful for good health. I'm going to teetotal and start jogging.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
butt problems
gall bladder problems

everything that's bad with me is connected to pooping somehow

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Tao Jones posted:

Y'all are a bunch of fragile, crumbling motherfuckers, goddamn

for real lol I'm 26 and at worst I just feel tired more often/easily than I used to (could just be the weed tho)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i have scoliosis and had to get surgery twice because my spine decided to curve where there werent rods

but besides rods screwed to my back im doing p good and tbh most days i forget theyre there

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

flerp posted:

i have scoliosis and had to get surgery twice because my spine decided to curve where there werent rods

but besides rods screwed to my back im doing p good and tbh most days i forget theyre there

Wish we could just have titanium cyborg spine replacements.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wicker Man posted:

Wish we could just have titanium cyborg spine replacements.

You couldn't afford it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

notZaar posted:

You couldn't afford it.

Maybe not, but it would be cool if it existed :sigh:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I have an eye condition where my cornea was starting to grow in lopsided so I'm basically blind in one eye but it was going to get worse and worse. In the past they would have eventually had to operate and put a pig cornea on my eyeball, but I didn't want a pig cornea so I got to try out a really cool state-of-the-art surgery that puts a supporting ring IN MY EYEBALL. That was some years ago and I think it's actually been approved for common use nowadays.

The surgery was painless but probably one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life, but at least now I don't have to get a pig cornea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Archer666 posted:

butt problems
gall bladder problems

everything that's bad with me is connected to pooping somehow
Man I forgot about my gallbladder getting blocked... Puked for a week straight and my piss was bright orange. The actual surgery to get the stupid thing out took my out of work less then the attack. gently caress u gallbladder suck it

• Locked thread