Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

OOC Thread

Influence Sheet

A short while after your arrival (and a trip in the back of a delivery truck, thanks to Breaking Point) later, you eventually get led to your new hideout.



It's... a bit more than you expected, isn't it? Everything's reinforced so BP can actually use it, the windows are nano-reflective so nobody can see inside, and you know it's a freaking penthouse flat.

"Like what you see? Got you a little extra in recompense for the whole teammate disaster during your entrance exam..." Zeremiah speaks up, sitting down on the best place on the couch and spreading himself all over it. "Okay, kids, here's how this will work: As long as you work together with BRANCH, you get to hang out in one of the best places in the city. Start pissing BRANCH, or worse, YGGDRASIL, off, and you'll lose this kinda privilege until eventually your 'hideout' will be a hole in the ground. And don't think I'm kidding on that either - poor Seventh Hour thought I was, until he got shoved into one."

Waiting a short moment for you to take that in, he continues. "Speaking of which, BRANCH needs you to do a good old distraction tomorrow. Distractions usually will be your job until you've proven actually competent. Of course, nobody says your distraction can't be robbing the bank blind. The only thing that matters is that the attention of the good guys is elsewhere. Got it? Good. I'll stick around while you decide on what to do. We don't want any unfortunate overlaps, right? Also, about that thing with Little Judas. BRANCH is tracking him down. We'll send you updates on our investigation. You'll get dibs on beating the crap outta him. It's only fair, right?"


Planning phase is Go.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 20:29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Yeah, BOOOOOIIIIIIII!!!" Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee immediately clenches her fists and shouts, even doing a little dance with her feet, as soon as she sees the room. "Now THIS is what I'm TALKING ABOUT! Freaking SICK!"

She immediately makes a mad dash for the window, knocking over a fake decorative plant in the process, then presses her face right up against the glass and stares outside like an excited puppy. "Those boring old safe houses can kiss my BUTT! This is lit!"

With a giant, ravenous grin plastered on her face she turns around and runs back towards the couch, clearly intending to do some sort of flying leap onto it- Until she notices Zeremiah already parked right in the prime real estate. She quickly stops herself, making an audible screeching noise as she brakes herself with her shoes and already leaves a pretty noticeable mark on the really nice floor. "Hmph!" She pretends like she totally didn't want that couch anyway, and turns back around and plops down onto a lounge chair. Then she kicks her legs up and puts her shoes on the coffee table.

"Alright, you need a distraction?" Anarchy raises her eyebrows. "Something that grabs attention? I gotcha, I gotcha! We-"

She stops and takes a rather uncharacteristic pause. It's as if, for once, she feels a need to control the words coming out of her mouth. "-should. Go after the infrastructure! The automated infrastructure! Y'know! The- uh! Drones and stuff! Like- the ones that control the city! The trains and taxis, and the uhh..." She's not doing a very good job controlling herself. Instead of just talking a mile a minute, she's just tripping over her own words clearly trying to talk around something.

And she's clearly had enough of that. "Grrrrr! Nevermind! We'll just- do it another time. Part of another plan, maybe."

"OKAY!" Anarchy pulls her phone out and starts furiously messing around with it like a crazed millennial. "What we SHOULD do is LIVESTREAM what we do! You want people's attention? THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT! Let's go freaking VIRAL!"

She holds her phone out at arms length and starts taking selfies. She uses her free hand to make cutesy hand gestures and stuff. "Like, I got a-" Beep, flash, click! "-an account on genesis dot tee-vee. For the group! And-" Beep, flash, click! "we can use that to get people's attention when we're doing our thing!" Beep, flash, click! "And like, if we put people in peril the right way, and cause chaos in the right way, it could be BIG!"

She smiles brightly and looks to the rest of the group. "Y'know?!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 19:53

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +2 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

K'lyathi's face was unreadable as she took in her surroundings. She had shed her human form by this point and was trying her best not to shut Anarchy.exe up with force. Did she have to be so loud about everything? K'lyathi wondered this to herself as Anarchy went running around the room breaking things. She let out a frustrated sigh as she took deliberate steps towards the sofas.

She might as well let Anarchy have her fun. It wasn't like she particularly cared about her destroying the safe house or anything. Rolling her eyes as Zeremiah lounged across the best sofa in the room, K'lyathi came to the quick conclusion that none of these seats would do for her. Who were BRANCH kidding giving her such unregal seating arrangements? She knew that she would have to make amends to that.

Unhinging her jaw in front of everyone, thousands of nanobots poured out of her mouth and began to coalesce on the floor. From there, they began to shift in form, clinging together and crawling upwards until they created a large throne that was taller than all of the other chairs, sofas or stools that could be found in the apartment. Satisfied, K'lyathi took her seat on the throne, looking down at everyone else.

"It's nice to know that something is being done about Little Judas. It almost makes up for the fact that YGGDRASIL let him into BRANCH in the first place." The thought of his betrayal was still clearly a sore spot in K'lyathi's mind. Slouching, she began to play with some of her nanobots, letting them fly around her hand like a mini solar system. Her eyes moved lazily in the direction of Anarchy as she rattled on about unintelligible plans that made no sense to her. The fact that this girl was probably one of the most competent people on the planet who could stand a chance at defeating her was comedic.

"Can you speak in a language that we might actually be able to comprehend?" K'lyathi droned, rolling her eyes at the incoherency. "Yes, let's openly advertise ourselves to the public so that the stupid heroes can stop us before we even have a chance to concoct our plan. While we're at it, we might as well tell them where our safehouse is. You know, because that's a brilliant idea."

K'lyathi crushed her hand, causing the nanobots that were circling her to explode. She looked to the rest of the group as the throne she sat on shifted slightly to accomodate her movements.

"Does anyone have a plan that isn't stupid?" If she had to, K'lyathi really didn't have a strong urge to come up with a plan. She preferred to gauge the others, see what they were thinking and then go from there. While that was happening, some of the nanobots from her throne began scuttling around the room, fitting themselves into any nook and cranny they could while also trying to move towards the other villains. Contingency plans, after what had happened with Little Judas. K'lyathi had the sinking suspicion that she was going to have to be the one to come up with the plan. After all, they were all humans and Anarchy's ramblings hardly constituted a plan.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Whisperwind, for his part, had already managed to raid the fridge, and was currently observing the affairs of his 'allies' with mild amusement to the tune of the Sour-Cream Bacon Deluxe chips he had managed to find crunching between his teeth. Well, to imagined crunching at least. Whisperwind was somewhat bad at making sounds, after all.

"Hey", a whisper almost too faint to be heard, yet still somehow carrying the sardonic edge typical of most things Whisperwind said, "A bit early to get mad, I think? Why don't we have a little something to eat first", he continues and places a plate of hot-pockets on the table next to Anarchy, and then...

Where did he go? Eh who cares.

K'lyathi probably should have, as a slightly clammy trout impacted the side of her head.

"Wow, I told you to catch. Work a bit on your reflexes will you?"

"Haha."

"Don't know what you eat, snake-alien lady, so you can have the fish. Snakes eat fish right? Even snakes that vomit grey goo. Like what's even the deal with that anyhow?"

"But yes, speaking of plans. I would prefer we steal something, like those scanners I mentioned earlier", says a voice from nowhere. Whisperwind seems to have been clever enough to vacate the area after that last stunt. "But I am not opposed to some hacking either, if that is what you would desire. Nothing so flashy that it attracts attention to us of course. But perhaps something discreet? A strike at the authorities' central data banks could leave them reeling and blind for just long enough for the YGGDRASIL higher ups to make away with whatever they are planning."

quote:

Theantero: rolling Provoke to have K'Lyathi reveal something incriminating
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 6 = 6

Curses!

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 18:38

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:


"IT'S NOT STUPID-!" Anarchy shouts, and almost throws a temper tantrum until a certain whisper distracts her. Instead she just kind of freezes and eyes the sudden plate of hot pockets. Which she grabs and promptly starts munching on. The act of eating doesn't stop her from continuing to talk. "It's just-" Munch, munch. "a way to get-"

She takes a big bite, which was apparently a bad idea as she sticks her burnt tongue out and takes a deep breath. "...Attention."

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 19:53

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +2 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

K'lyathi's throne bristled as she got slapped by the trout. Pure anger shot through her system for a second. Fire seemed to exude through her eyes as she searched for Whisperweed. When she heard Whisperweed continue to talk, however, she regained control over her emotions. In fact, a satisfied smirk playfully stretched across her lips. She scoffed at Whisperweed and focused her attention on Anarchy.exe complaining.

The thing is, K'lyathi had already won the fight between the two of them. Since she had dispersed her nanobots around the room, Whisperweed left himself open to nanobot invasion when he spoke. Following the sound of his voice, the nanobots found him and had already begun the process of invading his body and nestling in his brain. Their size made it hard for them to be seen, but K'lyathi could still feel them thanks to her technopathy.

"I'm sure we can get attention through our schemes when they are successful and ruin the days of whatever heroes try and foil them." K'lyathi mentioned, dismissing Anarchy's complaints. "Trying to steal something again? Are we really running out of ideas? We did that last caper. You humans will probably think we were a one-note team that can't do anything else. I very much would like to avoid that reputation."

K'lyathi continued to lounge on her self-made throne. Others still had yet to speak, so she still held out a tiny bit of hope that someone would come up with something better.

jimmydalad> I'm gonna roll to spread that contagin to Whisperweed
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 11+2 = 13
<Theantero> D:
<jimmydalad> lololololololololol
Gaining influence on Whisperweed via nanobots

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

Naomi's sensors played across the room as the drama unfolded. Loathe as she was to admit any of Whisperwind's pranks were humorous, it was certainly worth it to see the fish hit the incredibly creepy alien. Who vomits nanobots. Her speakers blared to life, simulating a sophisticated voice that seemed completely incongruous with the hulking metal chassis, "There is some merit in Anarchy's suggestion. For an optimal distraction, we will want to draw attention to ourselves. Why not begin laying the seeds of a PR campaign simultaneously? Current market research indicates that the 18-34 demographic is spending less on hero-branded merchandise and has begun to shift that spending towards anti-heroic or outright villainous brands. Our team could capitalize on that. It would offer both supplementary income and an avenue for the laundering of any ill-gotten gains we may acquire. The nature of our distraction is less important."

She floated over to the hallway leading to the bedrooms, her anti-grav drive gently humming. Let the peons fight over couches and lounge chairs. The true battle would be over securing the most optimal room. Not that she needed one, of course, but it was a matter of principle.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Elisabeth took a step into the spacious living room of the penthouse apartment that BRANCH had assigned to them, scrutinizing it with a slow pan of her head. She pressed her lips slightly together, clenching the hand in her pocket into a fist as Anarchy.exe expressed her enthusiasm for the quality housing. She audibly clucked her tongue at the streak in the floor … rarely had the expression of casting pearls before swine seemed so apt. There was a reason that Liz stuck to Ikea for her safe houses, nobody cared if a cyborg death machine left plasma scorching on a twenty dollar coffee table.

“…Too exposed.” She muttered lowly, eyes pausing on the floor-to-ceiling windows along the edge of the room. It was pretty, sure, a great vantage point from which to make sweeping speeches about the state of the city and the nature of those within it. It was also a structural weak point in a city with far too many flying heroes. At least the mirror finish provided them with some privacy, they’d just have to be careful not to lead anyone else back here. The reinforced furniture, however, got a nod. Breaking Point should be comfortable when hanging out with the rest of them.

“A day isn’t a lot of time to plan, you know.” She said as Zeremiah laid out what he needed from the young team. She hefted the dark navy duffle bag containing her personal effects up, taking long, heavy strides towards the kitchen. Along the way, she dropped the bag onto the kitchen table with a thump and a rattle, apparently content to leave it until they were around to sorting out the room assignments, “Whatever we do is going to have to be flashy, and simple.”

As Whisperwind started raiding the fridge, Elisabeth concerned herself with the other elements of the kitchen at first. She checked the state of the plates, the silverware, the kinds of pots and pans they’d been equipped with. She hummed appreciatively to herself as she noted the cast iron cookware, that was definitely a plus. The electric stove was a bit less ideal, but then, it was probably better that the place wasn’t hooked up with a supply of explosive gas. Setting her hands on her hips, she nodded to herself, apparently satisfied. She’d just opened up the fridge to see what if BRANCH had thrown any real food in there, or if they’d just assumed a pack of teenagers would make do with a refrigerator full of junk food and takeout. The sound heavy slap of Whisperwind slapping K’Lyathi with a fish brought her out of her investigations though.

“Thefts are well and good, but usually the idea is to avoid attention when you’re doing them.” She said, shaking her head slightly, “If you really want to draw a group of heroes out of the woodwork, you need to threaten a bunch of people. You don’t even really have to follow through, as long as they’re too busy rescuing your captives to realize another team is pulling off a heist somewhere else.”

“Public transit is probably the best place to find a bunch of pre-canned victims. The monorail would be ideal, we could simply lock the conductor out of the system and keep the train accelerating on a loop with the threat that it would eventually gather enough speed to slip the track on a turn.” She said with a shrug, “Plant some explosives along the rail and threaten to blow the thing if any heroes show up, then hold the lives aboard ransom for some absurd price. That should be enough to draw a whole team out.”

She smirked slightly and leaned against the counter.

“Anarchy.exe could hijack the videoboards in the area and MC the whole thing. That would put a face on the event, give them a mastermind to focus on. If we want to put in a little more time, maybe we could attach some canisters of K’lyathi’s nanomachines in preparation. If we infect the passengers, we can get a good panic going … maybe work them up to the point that they try and tear apart whatever hero tries to board the train and usher people out. That’d be a fun surprise to watch on the security feeds.”

“It might not be a bad idea to set up a false trail that leads to one of my safehouses even. That way, if they thwart the scheme too quickly for the other team, they can follow the bread crumbs right back to a trap. Boom, that oughta slow them down.” She chuckled, “Though I wouldn’t want to make a habit of that kind of thing. I only offer it because we’re pressed for time.”

[16:24] <JusticeGrieves> Birthright Roll, baby!
[16:24] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[16:24] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 5 = 5
[16:24] <Takanago> nice lol
[16:25] <TheNabster> Free Curses!

Haven’t attracted Sam’s eye yet. Marking Curses!

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 04:06

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

"Not bad. Not bad at all." Arsène let his eyes gaze over the penthouse and approved wholeheartedly. This wasn't just a safehouse to plan capers in. They could hang back and relax in a stylish environment as well. "Nobody minds if I put on some music?" he said, before turning the radio to a jazzy lounge station. Then, spotting the cocktail bar next to the kitchen, he grinned and got to work.

"I'm not so hot on the monorail aspect of it," he spoke while he combined beverages from the bar into a cocktail shaker. "They simply have to wait for us to do a second or third pass before they ambush us on the rail."

Arsène put down the shaker and poured himself a glass of Italian Surfer with a Russian Attitude. "Anyone fancy a drink?" he asked, tinkling some glasses above the bar as he did. "Then again, if we exercise caution... Yes, yes, I can see this working out."

He took a sip of his drink and lowered himself into a couch, comfortably resting his free arm on the backside, then idly swirled his drink as if lost in thought. "I put forward my support of the plan. I'm not an expert on high profile actions such as these, so I will defer to Expatriot."

Seconding Expatriot's plan.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 21:27

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Whisperwind shook his head slightly and picked at his ear absentmindedly.

"Hey", a voice far too close for comfort exclaimed.

"What's your plan then? I've seen you do nothing but moan, little miss alien princess. You want us to think you're as smart as you claim?"

The illusionary smile under Whisperwind's hood widened.

"Then by all means, show instead of telling. Or are you going to let Expat here steal your thunder?"

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +2 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

K'lyathi continued to listen to everyone's suggestions with a bored look on her face. Humans were so annoying, especially when they were trying to act superior. Still, Expatriot seemed to be the one to take up the mantle of suggesting a plan. Granted, K'lyathi knew she could come up with a better one. At first, she was content to go along with Expatriot's plan. It didn't seem to be incoherent, ridiculous or mind-numbing. However, Whisperweed's words struck a nerve within the alien as she sat up for the first time since she had gotten here.

"Well, if you so insist on me coming up with a better plan, I might as well give one. I was giving you humans a chance, but obviously, you need my help to come up with a good plan. Allow me to enlighten you Earthfolk on something. You know Rutherford Incorporated? Recently, they've been working together with Variable Reduction Inc. to construct a battle robot. While I could probably construct something better given time and materials, apparently it's the most impressive battle-ready robot available in New Genisis. I suggest that we steal it or hack it and then use the robot against them. We could attack public areas like Monorails like Expatriot's suggestion while also drawing attention to ourselves without revealing all of our plans to the rest of the humans. The robot is huge from what I hear and the companies were going to use it to "defend the public" and "keep the harmony". If they aren't going to use it, we might as well and it would also mean that they lose something that they could use against us."

K'lyathi gave a self-satisfied smirk in the general direction of Whisperweed, guided by the nanobots that had settled inside him. She felt confident in her plan. After all, it was conducted by her. She felt slightly bad about showing her cards, but that dumb human had frustrated her to the point where she needed to make a statement. An impact on the entire proceedings. Plus, it was fun to laud her superiority over others.

"While we could go with canisters for my nanomachines, we can honestly set them up without them. They are small enough to fit anywhere easily. If we had the robot, however, all that set up wouldn't be necessary. With what went wrong last mission, overplanning could lead to our downfall. I have many ways to spread my nanomachines, so don't worry about that."

K'lyathi counters Expatriot's Caper with her own Caper.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Whisperwind's expression did not waver even the slightest bit. He merely stared back at the alien who was staring right back at him? Something was definitely going on.

beat

"Nah."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 21:59

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None

Netherwrath let out a low whistle at the quality of safe-house BRANCH had found for them. Sure, maybe it was to make up for their huge cockup re: Little Judas, but she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. It was definitely more comfortable than the disused warehouses and trainyards she'd been using previously. She picked a comfy looking loveseat and flopped down on top of it - the fabric immediately started to yellow where her skin made contact, and there was the faint smell of rot around it. She noticed Breaking Point checking out the rooms, but didn't go to follow. Later on she would pick the one she liked and kick out whoever was already in it.

She listened to Ex-Patriot's plan with a surprising amount of patience (for her), only scoffing and rolling her eyes twice. K'lyathi's plan didn't fare nearly as well, with plenty of groans and fake snoring noises. "God, all your ideas are so boring. Ransom? Stealing a robot? Maybe we can find a toddler with a lollipop you can take too. This has gotta be our second chance at a first impression, since BRANCH shat the bed first time around. Think louder."

"It's simple. The New Guardians are scattered all over time and space right now - their HQ's guarded by a skeleton crew. Plus Diamond Dust, but he barely counts as a hero anymore. I say we sneak in there, plant some bombs, steal all the dangerous weapons and poo poo from their trophy room, then blow the place to hell."

It's probably too late to get any votes, but Netherwrath's still proposing her own Caper!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

A loud thud rattled through the penthouse as Naomi set her anti-grav to passive and crashed onto the bed in the master suite. Scanners played over the groaning piece of furniture, evaluating its structural stability. It was capable of supporting her chassis, should she choose to utilize it. A shame about the plasma burns on the bedding, but that was clearly poor craftsmanship. What sort of self-respecting quilt couldn't resist the heat from plasma vents, anyways? The space seemed like it would fit her needs. Plenty of room to bring in some equipment from the workshop. Plus, it was clearly the best of the bedrooms. Nobody else really deserved it, did they?

The anti-grav kicked back in and she floated back through the double-doors, just in time to hear K'lyathi's suggestion. It hit the right chords for her. A strike against Variable Reduction and the chance to get some combat data from their latest prototypes. "A giant robot? That seems like it would have the appropriate... impact, for our diversion. We could even mount a raid on the New Guardian HQ with that."

Seconding K'lyathi's Caper!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

For a little bit, Anarchy sits in her chair and quietly nurses her burnt mouth. It's the curse and consequence of diving into some hot pockets way too quickly and, perhaps, a subtle sabotage from a certain quiet 'friend'. But it doesn't take too long for her to dive back into the fray.

"Yo, Pee-Tee!" Anarchy yells across the room at the Phantom Thief, and starts waving her arms like a sports player signalling they're open for a pass. "Toss me some energy drinks!"

But then she quickly gets distracted as soon as Netherwrath starts trashing everybody's plans, and breaks out into a loud, hyena-like giggle. "Yeah, that's what I was SAYING! It's all about style! If it's not done RIGHT it's not worth DOING! And I like how you're talking, 'Wrath, BUT-!"

Anarchy gestures dramatically, knocking the empty plate out of her lap and sending crumbs flying everywhere. "Ex-Pee's idea isn't so bad either- IF it's done right! Which if I'm emceeing it it TOTALLY will be! I mean, ransom can be boring, but not if you have the whole city on the edge of their seats!"

She claps her hands together and makes an oh-so innocent face typical of New Genesis's boring plebeians. "OH! What in the world is she going to to next? She's so crazy! She's so unpredictable! And what's that? Is that another monorail going the opposite direction? Oh, noooooooooo!"

Anarchy tilts her head and gives her usual, bright smile. "See? Fear isn't about what's happening, but what they imagine could happen! And for THAT, you need COLORFUL characters, liiiiiiiiiike...."

She stands up, does a ballerina-like twirl, and poses with her arms outstretched. "ME!"

Then she crudely stomps her foot down and whines. "THAT'S why I was talking about LIVESTREAMING!"

"Anyway!" Anarchy throws her arms up and falls back into her seat with a loud whump! "Kay-lya's idea could work. Robots are a classic, and it's really hard to go wrong with 'em... But I dunno. I'm not feeling any style... It's feeling kind of..."

She looks K'lyathi right in the eye and scrunches her face up into a goading sneer. "...Mundane." She holds the face for a few seconds, clearly trying to elicit a reaction, but after not too long breaks out into another giggling fit.

Abstaining.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 7, 2016 around 23:46

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

“Oh?” Elisabeth asked as K’Lyathi explained that her nanomachines wouldn’t require canisters, “Pretty impressive, most terran nanomachines require a specialized environment to reproduce themselves. I just kind of assumed that your body was serving that purpose.” She said, stuffing her hands in her jacket pockets and tilting her head slightly to the side as she examined the intricate latticework of Omega’s nanotech throne. She wasn’t sure she particularly cared for the ramifications of that little tidbit of information.

“Still, I thought you didn’t want to be stereotyped?” she asked, a slight smile tugging at the corners of her lips, “I mean, not just stealing again, but another giant robot? What would people think?”

She sauntered back out of the kitchen, pausing just long enough to shake her head at Phantom Thief’s offer for a drink, and turning to rest her backside against the back of the couch, lifting one leg so she could turn and regard the rest of the group without having to crane her neck. Not the easiest thing with everyone spreading out.

“Now, if I had three days, I’d back Netherwrath’s plan.” She said, “It’d definitely make more of a splash, but the New Guardians have enough pull to mount some heavy automated security in their base. I’d want a chance to case the place before throwing in on a plan like that.” She said, shrugging slightly, “Sorry, Max, we can’t all take as much punishment as you.”

From there, she largely let Anarchy.exe underscore exactly why Elisabeth had suggested putting her up on the screens. The girl understood the psychology of showmanship, and clearly flourished under the attention. She had the energy to keep a running commentary of events going, with the leverage of her hacking tools to ensure the show was dangerously interactive. That said, Elisabeth had remained studiously quiet on the notion of livestreaming their heists. She didn’t particularly want to tip her hand to the law or any heroes who might be looking for them, and behind the scenes interviews could take some of the mystique out of their personas.

She didn’t wear a mask because she wanted to be humanized.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +2 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Why weren't the humans impressed with her plan? K'lyathi found it hard to understand why only Breaking Point expressed any support for her. They had the nerve to call it "mundane" and "stereotyped". She brought the nanomachines that were circling her back to resting on her visage. Stroking them with an uncertain look on her face, K'lyathi took some time to try to come up with an adequate response to the threat she was being presented with.

"We didn't steal a giant robot last time, we tried to steal a military weapon. Those are two entirely different things. Additionally, the people wouldn't have time to think before they get obliterated by lasers and other weapons. Unlike with the previous disaster, we can actually use the robot against people and, maybe this time, the Phantom Joke over there will be able to keep track of what we're going for so that we don't have it stolen from underneath our noses."

K'lyathi formed a ball of nanomachines in her hand to play around with, hoping to focus her emotions on that rather than on the blatant sacrilege that was happening to her and the others. Thinking fast, she turned to Anarchy.exe.

"At the same time, though, I can understand if you think a giant robot is too hard for you to hack. Maybe you could have an easier time hacking tv screens if you aren't up for a challenge."

<jimmydalad> Going to roll to provoke Anarchy.exe to support my caper
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 3+2 = 5
Marking Curses!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:


"As great and mighty as your species is, reverse psychology is apparently not their strong suit."

"Haha."

Whisperwind crams yet another mouthful of chips somewhere under his hood.



Abstaining

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttt!!!"Anarchy slowly waves her hand in a giant, comical dismissive motion that goes on for way too long. "You know I can hack anything, but if we're talking capers it's all about how! Not just left side of the brain challenges, but right brain!"

"Nice try, Kay-Lya!" She puts her fingers together, like some kind of fine art critic. "I'll give it a four out of ten. For effort."

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 15:00

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

Breaking Point rapped one of her luxuriously huge battle hands against her artificial forehead. Her face shifted to something resembling a grin, "You're saying that you couldn't make it fun with your... masterful plots?" The sarcasm algorithm was operating at peak efficiency. The hint of disdain and derision in her voice had been carefully calculated for maximum impact. There could be no doubt that this word-play would gain the support of the fickle creature.

quote:

[07:44:34] <Tricky> Provoking Anarchy.exe (to join Team Giant Robot)
[07:44:37] <Tricky> !roll 2d6
[07:44:38] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6 =
6
[07:44:44] <Tricky> Curses!

...or not, since I have influence bumping my roll to a 7. Take a condition to avoid backing our plan!

Tricky fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 16:25

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:


"Haha."

"Doesn't matter if you're alien nobility or some corporate scion. Still seems like those born to high society think they are so clever compared to the rest of us."

"Like, did you two honestly believe anyone would fall for any of that? What do you take us for? Care to explain to me why you are so great compared to us when you're clearly not?"

"Haha."

"That's an honest question by the way. Answer well and maybe I'll even back your plot! Better than standing here in gridlock."

Whisperwind stands, hands in his pockets, merely smiling at the self-important socialites.

"Pinky promise~"

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 16:18

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Oh what," Anarchy curls her hands under her chin in an overly cutesy manner, like a cartoon princess. "Is everybody going to beg little ol' Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee to fix their plans for them?"

She bats her eyes and smiles like a cat. "If you need my help you can just ask for it, y'know."

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Elisabeth shook her head slightly, though it was hard to keep the smile on her face subdued. It looked like K’lythi and Naomi had made the common mistake of assuming the most energetic person in the room was also the flightiest. They were both calculators, judges, accustomed to weighing pros and cons. By Liz’s own estimation, Anarchy.exe was more of a creative, an artist whose medium was societal chaos and digital manipulation. One just needed to create a channel that would guide her passion, give her a little room to work (but not too much) and let the magic happen.

If Naomi really wanted to sway her, linking a (faked) disparaging tweet from one of Variable Reduction Inc.’s lead technicians would get her more traction. You wanted the ire directed at the target, not the team. Their current strategy was more likely to just further entrench her.

“Really, wouldn’t it be better to steal the robot while they’re testing it?” she offered, “We could make a big show of it, rub their security’s noses in the dirt, and we’d know that none of the important parts were taken out to be refitted. That’s just a matter of waiting for the right opportunity.”

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

"Listen, listen." Arsène motioned his hands in a downward motion, as if to encourage calmness and clear reflection amongst the group. "You all know I would be the first to cheer for a heist. But that's not distraction material. BRANCH wants us to provide a distraction, yes? That means maximum noise, maximum attention, maximum chaos. We need to think bigger than stealing a robot. We need a state of emergency being called in. Optimally, instigate martial law."

Looking at Anarchy, he says: "We'll have time to steal the robot later on. But currently, we must turn this city into our playground and make the proverbial kids in the nonexistent sandbox understand that this is our dominion."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Yeah, you know what?!" Something seems to snap in Anarchy as she leaps up from her chair. "Yeah, you know what?! Clearly if you all are just so dumb that you need to beg me for my help, you SHOULD!"

She puts her foot on the coffee table, throws her head back, and extends her hand out like there's an imaginary ring on it for everybody to kiss. "Come on and beg! BEG FOR MY GENIUS!""

A very crooked smile spreads onto her face. It's one that is pretty obviously not built on a solid foundation. Sure, it might be full of smug self-satisfaction on the surface, but it rings pretty hollow when you consider how aloof she seemed to be just a moment ago.

Taking the condition Insecure.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

Arsène rested his right arm on his left hand, and theatrically pinched the bridge of his nose. "Anarchy, my dear, you're acting like a child. Literally. You are the worst performer. Did you really not envisage us seeing through this thin ruse of yours?"

He sat down next to her, and idly touched her stretched hand. "I will never beg, but I will ask politely. Please reconsider your stance like an adult. Think about it; if we go with Expatriot's plan, I could trap the room you're observing the situation from. We will heartily amuse ourselves together, ne penses-tu pas?"

quote:

<Deltasquid> PT is gonna lay it into anarchy
<Deltasquid> are you ready for this, takanago
<Deltasquid> are you ready for the rebuke
<Takanago> i might be but anarchy prob isnt
<Theantero> do it
<Theantero> DOO IIT
<Deltasquid> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 8+1 = 9

On a hit, they hear you: They mark Curses!, clear a condition, or shift labels if they respond.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 17:18

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +2 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Things weren't falling into place and K'lyathi was getting increasingly frustrated. She clenched her hand tighter, trying to keep her cool. It wasn't to be, however. Especially since the words that were coming out of Whisperweed's mouth were just so rage-inducing. How dare he act in such a brazen manner? K'lyathi wanted to make his life hell. To make him pay.

Standing up from her throne, she unleashed a hellful screech, extending her arm out in the direction of Whisperweed. Clenching it, her eyes turned black as she overloaded the robots inside of his brain to short-circuit and unleash a strong electrical spark right into all of his pain receptors. She didn't care about destroying the nanobots she had placed in his brain. All that mattered to her at that moment was venting her anger and making him pay.

"I do not need to answer to you, scum!" She declared, her eyes still black. "Why don't you make like your voice and just disappear?"

[12:37] <jimmydaladphone> Roll to directly engage Whisperweed
[12:37] <jimmydaladphone> !r 2d6+1
[12:37] <Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 5+1 = 6
Going to burn my influence to increase it to a 7 and impress/surprise/frighten Whisperwind

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Whisperwind, for his part, was cursing in the hallway as he was beating a hasty retreat down the hyperspeed elevator (really, his go-to plan to most things going wrong was to run away), looking this way and that. What was that? Was it somehow related to that alien lady having seen him so easily earlier? drat did that smart. He was expecting lasers. Maybe some kind of nanobot sucker-punch? He was not expecting pain everywhere without any clear outside source. Was it the nanobots? What else could they do? And in spite of himself, Whisperwind shivered. He was not used to being the one surprised.

As the elevator grounded, and he found himself in a dandy little coffee shop, he discreetly grabbed an iced coffee from a shelf, and made his way out the door. The cool evening air would probably help cool his nerves.

As for the rest of the crew, well. It was a bit unclear who K'lyathi was yelling at, since Whisperwind quite clearly was nowhere to be seen...


quote:

Theantero: Rolling Abscond to make it seem I wasn't even there and cast doubt into any of that even happening, making K'Lyathi seem like a crazy person who yells at an empty chair
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Theantero: 8+2 = 10

Clearing a condition, namely the one K'Lyathi just gave me (that being Afraid)

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 17:52

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Did you just call me a CHILD?! And the WORST performer?!" Anarchy's face suddenly twists into a twisted, enraged scowl, and with a loud yell, she slaps the Phantom Thief across the face. "What do YOU know?! I'm the best! THE BEST! AND-"

A certain hellish screech interrupts her. She stops briefly to stare at the freaking cool scene of alien terror, but then goes right back to her previously-scheduled tirade. "You think I can't do better than that?! What, you think you're BETTER THAN ME?!

She steps back, does a spin, and daintily puts the back of her hand against her forehead. "Oh, look at me! I'm the Phantom Thief and I think I'm so smart! Even though I got outsmarted by a hacker! Not even the genius one, just a regular one! But that doesn't matter, I'm so cultured! I can mix drinks and listen to crappy jazz music! That's what's hip with the kids these days, right?"

"UGH!" Anarchy turns around, grabs the radio and throws it to the ground. "Nobody LIKES jazz anymore! Get with the times, dork! AND DON'T TELL ME HOW I SHOULD ACT!"

Rather than accepting any advice, Anarchy shall instead shift her Superior down and Menace up as she leans into being a little more of a loud, show-off-y child instead of the cool, aloof adult PT wants her to be.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 19:46

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Elisabeth threw her leg over the back of the couch, a quick motion carrying her over the reclining form of their handler Zeremiah, her hands pulling out of her pockets and balling into fists. She bounced uncertainly on the balls of her feet when she landed though, her eyes falling on the empty chair that K’lyathi was venting her frustration at. What the hell had she been so intent on intervening in a second ago, again? Ah, forget it, she had to get this meeting back on track before they managed to completely screw their reputation with the higher ups.

“Alright, I seem to have lost the thread for a moment. Is this a supervillain planning meeting, or a daycare center?” she said a bit hotly, “Because I am not getting demoted to hole dweller because you lot can’t get it together.”

You.” She pointed directly at Omega, her jaw squared, “Whisper is a stain who tries to needle everyone. Use your superior technology to build a bridge and get over it.”

You.” she snapped around, targeting a gloved finger directly between Anarchy.exe’s eyes, “We’re your team mates, not your groupies. If you crave adoration, help bring the city to its knees.”

“Now, we’ve got three plans and six votes. If Anarchy.exe wants to vote for Netherwrath’s, or abstains, we bring it down to random determination, which no one really wants.” She looked directly at the blue-haired technophile, “Let’s keep things moving, we’re on the clock. What’s it going to be, Genius?”

[15:43] <JusticeGrieves> Rebuke for K'lyathi
[15:43] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[15:43] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 7 = 7

[15:43] <JusticeGrieves> Rebuke for Anarchy.exe
[15:43] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[15:43] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 6 = 6
[15:43] <JusticeGrieves> Oh, wait, +1 for Influence

Both of you can mark Curses!, clear a Condition, or Shift Labels if you respond.

What's that? I exclude Whisperwind from the vote? Huhn, must've forgotten about him...

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Now that Whisperweed was out of the picture, or at least she assumed as much since he didn't make a smartass retort to being fried by nanomachines, K'lyathi seemed much happier as she plopped back down on her throne. In particular, she looked to be actively enjoying Anarchy.exe grilling the Phantom Thief, chuckling to herself as she went back to playing with her nanomachines. In fact, she shot Anarchy a sly wink and a little smirk once she had finished ranting.

Then, of course, Expatriot had to talk and ruin it all. K'lyathi rolled her eyes in response, huffing to herself at the tone that Expatriot took with her.

"Well, if you so insist, I will use my superior technology." She responded curtly. Nanomachines started pouring out of her hands and moved towards the door. Building themselves into a blockade, she admired her handiwork for a second before turning back to the others. She didn't know where Whisperweed was, nor was she too bothered to find out. She assumed he wasn't inside, because he probably would've made another comment to try and infuriate her even more. If he was inside, oh well. If he was outside, it'd be fun to see him try and get past that.

"You speak so harshly Expatriot." K''lyathi interjected. "But I guess we are running out of time."

At this point, K'lyathi wasn't really bothered about what caper they went with. She thought she had a good idea, but since she vented all of her anger out on Whisperweed, she was not as compelled to have to go with hers. It wasn't that Expatriot's plan was a bad one, K'lyathi just knew she had a better one. She told herself that they were only humans, though. It wasn't like they could understand her.

K'lyathi is going to respond by shifting Freak up and Menace down since while she sees herself as more unique and less like other humans, she probably has lowered her standing in terms of appearing nefarious.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Grr..." Anarchy grinds her teeth, almost looking like she's going to continue her tirade. But then she stops, throws up her hands, and shakes her head. "Fine!"

In a split-second, she returns to her usual self. "I guess it comes down to me, doesn't it? You peons can't choose for yourself and it falls upon me and my genius to make the right choice!" She smiles and steps forward, putting herself right in the center of the living room. "Oh, I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate! If I had just chosen earlier we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Anarchy does a dramatic spin, then points at Expatriot. "Let's hijack a train!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2016 around 00:03

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

Breaking Point inclined her shoulders in a facsimile of a shrug as the gibbering child wildly gesticulated around the room. It really didn't matter what their plan was. A chance had arisen to get into K'lyathi's head so she had taken it. Variable Reduction would pay today or another. She could afford to play the long game. Anarchy was proving to be an... inconvenience, however, with her churlish attitude and lack of social graces. Perhaps an object lesson would be in order. It would be a shame if a train was to be launched through her smug, irritating face. An absolute shame.

Her synth-voice rang out, "That is the way the votes fell. Assuming our esteemed guest agrees, of course." She turned her sensor banks to Zeremiah.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 23:29

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None

Netherwrath applauded sarcastically. "Well, glad we're all on the same page now." Her plan had been roundly rejected, but honestly, if played right any of their ideas could turn into the attention-getting, reputation-making, mass-destruction causing powerplay she wanted. Plus, if they'd actually agreed to her plan, then it'd be her responsibility, and who the hell wanted that?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone but that quiet guy

"I'm surprised you managed to decide on something without blowing up the hideout. Happens surprisingly rarely these days..." Zeremiah quips. "Wait, aren't we forgetting someone here? Ah, whatever... That'll work for our plans. Do try to actually succeed, yes? Wouldn't want to have to bail the lot out of you out of jail the first day of the job! Hahaha."

Getting up from the couch, he continues. "Well, that's all from my side. We'll need the distraction at 4 PM tomorrow. Good luck out there."

With Zeremiah now gone, the group of you gets to work (obviously, with a lot of bickering) on writing out the plan in more detail. The following came up as the most important:

Heat Rating: 1 (For the purpose of this Caper raising heat is even more important than usual!
You must seize the train (obviously...)
You must take out any rapid-response superheroes. If it weren't for those meddling superspeedsters....
Don’t forget the actual escape method! Hijacking a train is easy, but how are you going to get OFF the train, and away?


Also, the quiet guy is apparently not around. How are the lot of you going to use this to your advantage during the caper? Anything important you're not going to tell him, perhaps?


Everyone, what do you do?


Whisperwind

Well, that coulda gone a lot better, couldn't it? Running away like that doesn't really help saving face. Sure, their memory is probably jumbled a bit... but more than one have way of getting around that. doesn't that make you worry? Doesn't that make you feel paranoid? Who can see through your defenses... and who can't?

Your thoughts get interrupted by a coffee being placed right in front of you. Apparently you walked into the coffee shop at the bottom of the building, which apparently serves as a front for BRANCH.

"Hey there! What's wrong?" a girl asks. You look up to see... who exactly? What other BRANCH junior villain did you just meet? And why is she so awfully friendly with you?


Your choice to escape so quickly told Omega more about you than you'd like. Omega gets to Pierce your Mask as if they rolled a 10+.


What do you do?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2016 around 14:35

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Coffee Shop of DOOM

quote:

Theantero: My Known Unknown has been triggered, rolling +Menace
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 4+2 = 6
Curses! You are my bane K'lyathi! My EXP grinding master plan is going perfectly, MWAHAHAH!

Whisperwind looked outside the window, his illusionary face removed for the time being, leaving behind nothing but shadowed emptyness. He was not really feeling that particular part of his aesthetic at the moment. How had the alien taken him by surprise? He was the one who took others by surprise. Unless he wasn't? Had he miscalculated? Had the alien seen through his carefully crafted guise? She couldn't possibly. Could she? And what about the others? Could they?

Bah. He was smarter than them. He would see them coming.

Marking Paranoid
"To clear Paranoid, take pre-emptive action against one of your allies." <- Just putting this here so you know!

Indeed, he was Whisperwind! He saw everybody co-

Somebody practically slams a coffee onto the table in front of him. "Hey there! What's wrong?" asks a girl in a pointlessly fancy uniform. Well, to be fair, it was a pretty fancy coffee shop. She was smiling a particularly smug sort of smile. Was she mocking him?

...Wait was that a knife?



It takes a second or so for Whisperwind to overcome his surprise and for the illusionary face to flicker back on. "Me? Oh I'm just a new tenant, think nothing of it. Just getting used to the new locale you know."

"Haha."

"What about you? What brings such a pretty young lady to work in such an establishment?"

Okay. What was the deal with this woman? What was she after? Well, he would find out. "By all means, take a seat. Let's chat. I actually wanted to vent about this one crazy roomie I have..."

Suave or not, the girl could not help but notice the faint feeling in the back of her mind that this boy seemed trustworthy enough. So why not open up?

A couple things were gleaned for sure. Her name was Black Lotus, and she was apparently some orphaned kid taken in by the YGGDRASIL Orphanage for the Malevolently Gifted. No particular powers of note, but she possessed extremely keen insight, as well as lifelong training on acrobatics and knife combat.

quote:

Theantero: Piercing the mask on Villain Barista girl
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 10+2 = 12

Asking the following:
How could I gain Influence over you?
How could I get your character to become my informant on the other 'residents'?
What weakness are you hiding?

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2016 around 16:15

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: BRANCH Penthouse

Breaking Point incrementally raised her mouth, giving the impression of a small smile. "Now that we're agreed on the broad strokes, let's discuss who will be on the actual train. I assume Anarchy would prefer to be coordinating the hacking and hijacking from a safe distance. Understandable, given her frail meat-based nature. I, naturally, would be better off in a locale where I can utilize my flight capabilities to harry any attempts by the heroes to recapture the train. Perhaps our quietest member, the esteemed Whisperwind, would serve as our presence onboard. He would be well positioned to quash any attempts for a hostage revolt and would naturally be able to... run with his tail between his legs, should the need arise."

Her scanners played across the room. As expected, she saw no sign of his presence after his altercation with the alien. Her artificial smile grew larger. "Oh? No objections, Whisperwind? Thank you for taking on such a... key task."

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

In a move that surprised no one, Anarchy ended up choosing Expatriot. That was fine with K'lyathi. She obviously had a better plan, but these humans can't understand the majesty of it all. She was all too ready to tell them how dumb they were when they would have to fight against the giant robot. She'd thought that they'd want to deal with possible threats that would face them, but obviously, they didn't have any sense of self-preservation.

"If he is to be the presence onboard the train, then he'd obviously have to carry some of my nanobots." K'lyathi began, realizing what Breaking Point was doing. "My nanobots would need a way to get on the train and he would be the perfect person to not only hide on the train, but also to be the host from which my nanobots can infect the rest of the train and cause them to panic. I'm sure you have no objections to that Whisperwind?"

There was silence. K'lyathi had the suspicion that he wasn't even in the room, so he had no way to object to the plans that the two of them suggested. She let the silence hang in the air, having a few nanobots dance on her throne while waiting for a good amount of time.

"I'll take that silence as agreement with the plan. Excellent."

She couldn't for Whisperweed's reaction.

I'm gonna ask the following questions to Whisperwind:
What weaknesses are you hiding?
What do you care about most right now?
What do you intend to do?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Coffee Shop of DOOM

jimmydalad posted:

What weaknesses (I see through your tricks, one weakness ONLY ) are you hiding?

It is fairly important to remember and understand, that regardless of all his needling and bluster and showing off, Whisperwind possesses the constitution of a normal human being behind his (lack of) magic voice. Punch him in the face even moderately hard and he should go down. If you can catch him, that is.

jimmydalad posted:

What do you care about most right now?

Currently, Whisperwind is invested in trying to figure out the interpersonal mechanics of the group as well as trying to glean usable information on other members of the Team via means of strategic annoyance. He's also quite pissed off at you in particular, and wants to know what your deal is.

jimmydalad posted:

What do you intend to do?

He is probably trying to glean some information on you when you are distracted or otherwise occupied, open confrontation is not his cup of tea. Watch your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Whisperweed

Black Lotus sits down on the opposite end of the table you found yourself on.

"Heh, Thanks. Yes, yes, I do hear things get pretty crazy up there a lot. What happened this time? Living room got teleported to the antartic? Gravity reversed so the top floor drifts off into space? An entirely new room that shouldn't be there and doesn't make physical sense? I've seen it all..."" she replies. Instead of continuing, she eagerly waits for you to to take even the tiniest sip of your coffee. Once you do, she writes something on a piece of paper - and puts it in a breast pocket. Yes, there. Seems like she's used to dealing with buggers like you...

"As for what brings me here? Well... work...? You know, some of us have a day job. Not everyone has enough money or powers to prance about in their underwear blowing up banks or whatever, failing, and then treating service staff like crap, you know?"

Chatting like this, you just remembered something about her: On a botched job a few months ago, she pissed off some sort of powerful crime lord. BRANCH's been keeping the info on which crimelord locked up tight to deter blackmail... but does that really deter you? You could surely use that to your advantage.

And going by her pretty obvious complaint, you could probably get in her good graces simply by treating her like service staff, not servant staff. And yes, this includes paying for coffee. Given by how often her eyes wander around the room, she's also quite a lot more scared of said crime lord than she lets on. Fear is a powerful tool, right? Just... try not to end up on the wrong side of that knife.

  • Locked thread
«13 »