Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis streets

"You uh... You folks realise the train losing velocity, yes?" Phantom Thief's voice wavered slightly, but he reaffirmed his resolve and decided to take matters into his own hands. He was cold, he was soaked by the rain, the plan wasn't moving forward (it was actively slowing down, even) and they went hot way too early. It didn't matter if he lost the element of surprise now. Nothing mattered at this point.

"This is unbelievable. There's like, six of you on that train, and,"

He cocked a round into the railgun,

"None of you is even bothering to stop the conductor, which,"

He aimed for where the hydraulics system was supposed to be, going off Expatriot's blueprints yesterday,

"Is frankly ridiculous. Do I have to,"

quote:

<deltasquid> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> deltasquid, 8+2 = 10
Unleashing my powers with the railgun, as per Bag of Tricks

"Do everything by myself today?"

The railgun trembled harder and harder as he squeezed the trigger, and he himself was slightly surprised when the round left the barrel with the sound of a thunderclap. He saw the projectile barely drop over the course of the hundreds of meters between him and his target, and strike the front car in the center, just below the floor. Lightning cracks gave it a blue hue as the magnetic power that had propelled the round discharged into the metal of the vehicle, licking the metal and pumping its electrical engine into overdrive. The car was now speeding up, and the brakes were broken.

"I, uh, may have miscalculated this."

The barrel of the railgun had gotten a dark hue, especially near the muzzle, and static electricity made it flicker slightly with every raindrop. He pressed the button on the grip to detach it, and took one of the spares from his bag. Still, he felt rather satisfied with himself.

"I have solved our conundrum. Expatriot, shall we move on to the next phase of the plan?"

This was time to be professional. It made him feel smug and above all these petty rivalries.

Marking off 1/3 uses from Bag of Tricks.

quote:

<Yamifenrir> delta, roll for execute plan
<deltasquid> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> deltasquid, 3+2 = 5
Burned 2 plan.
Marking Curses!

Phantom Thief saw the monorail speed up. And up. And faster. And faster still.

The train raced past his position, nearly knocking him off balance by the strong wind currents.

"You uh... You guys hold on tight, okay?"

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 18:06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Heat rises by 1!! Train is NOT seized yet!

Whisperwind

Wow, these guys. There's not fighting each other, and they all think it's your fault! Especially Ex-Patriot, which is a bit angry and also right next to you. I mean, you did a pretty good job, right? People are voicing random numbers instead of cries for help, in this wagon, in the others your infiltrators are calming down the civilians, warning them to stay put and out of the way, you even bailed out Omega, and this is how they thank you?

A laser that nearly melted your face, everyone yelling at you, and now Ex-Patriot wants to beat the crap out of you.

There's no way you deserve this treatment, right? No, you're better than this. Smarter. You'll show Ex-Patriot, right? How stupid what she's doing right now really is.

You get to provoke Ex-Patriot as if you rolled a 10+


Phantom Thief

It's pretty clear you're the only professional around here. At this rate these plebians will down themselves before any heroes arrive! How are you going to deal with this?

... Apparently not personally, because hot drat are these things fast once you remove their ability to brake. That in itself is both good and bad news.

The good news? Only superspeedsters can get onto the drat thing now. The bad news? You're not one.

You're a bit stranded out there, and really, can you trust these idiots not to gently caress anything up while you're not around? Also, uhm, what's that weird rainbow fart down there?

Whoever it is, she's buzzing around removing the explosives from the tracks! That ain't right! Wait, what's she doing now?

Take -1 to any roll affecting anyone on the train proper, because you're too far away to really see what's going on/aim.


Netherwrath

Well maaaybe you should have thought this through a bit more. Punching Breaking Point with a motorcycle was pretty kick-rear end, admittedly. But the whole landing part did not work out. What with getting exploded off the roof by Breaking Point.

Also, those are some weird idle thoughts to have while you wait for gravity to finally let you get to the ground. Until you suddenly stop, midair.

"You're doing it, aren't you?! Fighting back against the demon! Don't worry! I'll support you in any way I can! Just don't give up!" the person that just caught you mid-air says in a calm, friendly voice...



Oh, come the gently caress on!


Seraphim comforted/supported you, you get to do the standard choices of shifting, clearing a condition, or marking Curses!


Breaking Point

Hah! Look at Netherwind getting knocked the hell off the train. Nice arc, too. Serious airtime. Wait a minute! Someone just caught her. Oh crap, the heroes are here! ... how the hell did your sensors not pick up this ranbow fart?

But look at this opportunity! You could blow both of them up, right here. A nice little rocket, a downed hero and a humiliated Netherwrath. Too good to be true, right?

As you lock on to Rainbow Fart, a grin forms just as quickly as it fades - after all this BEEP BEEP BEEP noise is getting really annoy-- oh cripes someone is coming for you, fast. You barely manage to dodge a swing, as you turn around to face the incoming hero.



Iron Angel trains her blade on you as you both return to your fighting stance. "As if I would let you do that!"


Take -1 ongoing to directly engage until you spend an Unleash on fixing your damaged systems with your internal repair tools.


Anarchy.exe

Oh my, you certainly got the heroes' attention! You, as in, the group. Sadly the only ones who realized you exist are the civs you just yelled at.

On the plus side, not only are they utterly terrified, they're also too scared to move! You know what this means? You finally got yourself a captive audience! How awesome is that!?

Well, at least it will be awesome once you get back on your feet again. The train suddenly accelerated, and you got knocked flat on your rear end. Sure hope nobody noticed!

Take a +1 ongoing for any roll involving attention-whoring your way with these poor, poor civilians serving as your captive audience.


Ex-Patriot

Well, that's awkward. You were so focused on Whisperwind you never actually got the conductor to gently caress off and speed up the train. at least Phantom Thief was on the case. Your train of thought gets interrupted as you hear the conductor desperately try to slow down the train. "It's not slowing down! Why is it not slowing down?!" he yells in a wild panic.

"This thing can go three hundred miles per hour... the track was not designed for that kind of speed!" he says, shouting at you with a face of sheer terror.

Continuing to madly bash buttons trying to get the train to slow down, you realize that as much as punching Whisperwind is very much in order, maybe you should make sure that the people on the train (That includes YOU, of course) don't die in a fiery crash. Somehow. Remember those kids you were thinking about yesterday? Yeaaaaaaah.


Mark Doubting, as your plan is kind of going to poo poo here. And it's spiraling into the WRONG kind of dangerous.


Omega

Your cunning strategy to get people to leave you alone worked a little bit too well. See, Whisperweed and your actions combined made the civilians completely forget you were suspicious, and a man drags you below the chairs, trying to hide you from the evil villains.

As he does, a few dozen of your nanomachines instinctively latch onto him and bury into him. Turning around to look at this disrepectful idiot, you see a man in a suit. Sticking out of a pocket is a little piece of plastic saying "Kwick-B" (cut off by the pocket) and "CEO".

Huh. Aren't CEO's supposed to be pretty important people?


You gain Influence on a CEO of some company or another. Find out more by taking his business card!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 19:32

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Afraid, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

"Yeah, like honestly boss. This is really dumb of you." Whisperwind was staring at Expatriot fairly intensely, "it's fairly obvious that Omega is to blame here. She caused the initial problems that I remind you I personally fixed, and indeed I wish to note I'm like the one person here who has actively actually helped the mission along. She turned the mission hot. Did she not? She is to blame." Looking into his eyes, it was a bit difficult to not feel the suggestion seep in. "Yeah, she decidedly needs a stern lesson in team dynamics, no?"

"Haha."

Seeing his opportunity come as Expatriot was momentarily distracted, Whisperwind faded from her attention and made towards his objective.

quote:

Theantero: Okay, I'll roll Distract to plant a suggestion in Expat's mind. Basically just jumbling her anger a bit, make it focused on Omega instead of me
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 10 = 10

I'm picking these three:
- You redirect their attention to someone else (Omega).
- You confuse them for some time.
- You avoid further entanglement.


Also, the free Provoke is: "Go teach Omega a (presumable highly violent) lesson

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 19:45

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions:


Hey, what the hell! K'lyathi was suddenly dragged under the seats by some dumb human. An incredulous look stretched across her face as realization started to hit. Whisperweed. That bastard was dead. She had no time to deal with this stupid human. She felt the nanobots inside him. She could follow up on him later. Breaking free from his grasp, she took of in a run towards the general direction of where she could feel Whisperweed. Expatriot was close too. That had to be good right, she would stop him, right?

On her way, the nanobots started to register changes in Expatriot's brain. That was not a good thing. Not a good thing at all. As she entered, she heard Whisperweed casting his magic on her and she seemed like she was falling for it. At least, that's what her nanomachines were telling her. Letting out a loud sigh, she changed out of her human form.

"Expatriot, I thought you were better than that. Whisperweed is using his dumb magic on you. He used it on me just now." K'lyathi admonished, her eyes turning black. "You're lucky that I have my nanomachines inside you to fix this problem. Don't want you doing anything stupid now, don't we? Plus, you aren't my enemy at the moment. Whisperweed is."

K'lyathi immediately went to work, expertly sending out electrical pulses and trying her best to undo all of the magic that Whisperweed had tried to cast on Expatriot. Precise, electrical sparks were sent out all around Expatriot's mind as she tried to rearrange the brain in a way that would break the magic that was cast on her.

"Now, we need to get back on track and get Whisperweed. I can track him easily." A sudden thought hit her. She quickly got on the communicator.

"Everyone, Whisperweed is not to be trusted. He's just cast his magic on myself and Expatriot. Take him down before he gets away!"

<jimmydalad> Going to use The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste to roll Cow/Rebuke on Expatriot to snap her out of it
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+4 = 12
Adding a Plan to the Pool, bringing us up to 2 again.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 19:53

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Afraid, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

"Haha", crackle the comms.

"Clearly it is the person merely trying to distract his team members from attacking them who is not to be trusted, rather than the ones doing the actual attacking. Like, can you believe this crazy alien broad tried to laser me for basically no reason?"

"Haha"

"I mean, I know that royalty tends to be inbred, but lack of sense this severe is something else."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 20:13

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Angry | Location: The Skies Above!

If Breaking Point was physically capable of it, she might be breaking a sweat. Her artificial teeth were tightly gritted as she jetted back and forth, narrowly dodging Iron Angel's relentless attacks. Her sensors must have been more heavily damaged by the impact than she had thought if she hadn't picked up that Rainbow Annoyance and her iron friend. Oh. Right. Arcane fire had scorched the outside of the Striker Pack. That had probably cooked some of the long-range supplemental sensors.

She clearly needed some time to effect repairs, but it was rough going with Iron Angel up in her business. Only one way to solve that. The lower ports on the Striker Pack opened up and began to spray hundreds, if not thousands, of glimmering metal balls into the city below. After bouncing off a hard surface, like that of a building or street, they drilled into it and began blinking red. Humans weren't quite hard enough to qualify, though surely a few people would suffer mild head trauma.

She grinned, looking back at Iron Angel, "Oh dear. Do you really have time to fight me? I'd imagine you'll be quite busy defusing all of those limpets. Better hurry! The clock, as they say, is ticking." The delicious icing on the cake of the plan was that one in every ten or so limpets was an anti-hero trap. When someone attempted to remove it, they would be temporarily trapped in a time-space distortion field -- out of the fight and out of their figurative hair.

quote:

[11:53:38] <Tricky> Attempting to cross off [high-mobility heroes] and spend 2 plot to execute my plan
[11:53:46] <Tricky> !roll 2d6+2
[11:53:47] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+2 =
10

BP has done her part! Heroes will be...otherwise occupied. It worked so well that she's making a name for herself - +1 Infamy!

Tricky fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 14:57

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions:

"Don't try and act innocent fool!" K'lyathi responded. "The only reason I had to resort to such measures was because you were actively disrupting Expatriot's commands. You've been like that the entire time we've been on this misson! You do not get the chance to try and play the fool now!" Whisperweed was really asking for it.

"I was justified in my actions! You will suffer, this I will make sure! No one messes with K'lyathi Sil-Anurmsa!" She could feel Whisperwind's nanobots. She knew what she had to do. She felt a clarity in her mind. Like all of what had happened was leading up to this moment. Whisperwind was going to suffer. Long and hard. He was going to feel such unimaginable pain that it would make her previous attacks on him a joke.

Her hand began to vibrate violently as the nanomachines began to violently react in his brain. Unleashing a gigantic electrical shock right into his pain receptors, the nanomachines overloaded and unleashed all of their energy. She wanted to paralyze him in pain, at least for a moment. She wanted to hear his screams as he flailed impotently and she wanted to watch and laugh. K'lyathi had never been known to be merciful, as Whisperweed was soon to find out.

"Ksyentor Liathe Ru-sneual deryas anye!" She yelled, flinging insults in her native tongue at the person she saw as a traitor. At the peak of her attack, however, an echo ringed in the back of her mind. It lifted her anger slightly, lowering the intensity of the shocks. She cursed herself for owing a debt to Whisperweed.

<jimmydalad> Rolling to directly engage
<jimmydalad> why not.
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+1 = 9
<Theantero> you butt
Gonna burn influence to increase it to a 10 so that I can take away his ability to run away and open up an opportunity for my "allies"

However, because of the -2, I'm going take away Whisperwind's ability to run away.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 20:40

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Afraid, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

Whisperwind's faint smile was quick to reform into a grimace (the illusionary facade, however, remained the same) as the alien accosted him. He was not expecting her yet. And a now familiar thrum was quick to take place in the back of his head.

Oh no. Not again. He had to think fast. And to his credit, he did manage. At the peak of K'Lyathi's rage, an echo of former sentiment rang in the back of her mind.

"You owe him"

A small thing, but enough to disrupt the ferocity of the attack to more manageable levels.

Well, at least she no longer owed him.

This, however, was of little consolation to Whisperwind who still managed to stumble on his little sprint and hit his head on the wall.

Right, burning my influence on Omega to give that Engage roll of hers -2

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 20:52

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

A more clever villain than Netherwrath would've found some way to use Seraphim's sheer wrong-headed naivete against her. After all, the hero could fly, and the monorail was already picking up speed to the point where Netherwrath probably wouldn't be able to catch up; it wouldn't be hard to trick her into helping out. But Netherwrath saw red, and like hell she was going to play into some nicey-nice delusion! Today was about proving she was a BFD villain, and she wasn't going to compromise that, even for the sake of the mission. Mid-air, she lashed out at Seraphim with a demon-powered fist. "I am not your loving project!"

Taking Curses! from that Comfort, and marking Insecure from BP's Engage.

[17:47] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+2
[17:47] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 3+2 = 5
[17:47] Green_Bean yay

Marking Curses! again from failure.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 3

Here it is! Anarchy's perfect chance! Her moment to shine and become a superstar-

Whump!

Unfortunately, the laws of physics seemed to have something to say as the sudden acceleration sends her flying right over onto her behind. But, you know, when you're lying on the floor, the ceiling lights shining right in your face sure do look a lot like stage lights, right?! So there's basically no problem! Yep, that's how it works!

Seemingly unfazed, Anarchy leaps to her feat with an acrobatic roll that even kind of manages to look like she did it on purpose. Or, at the very least, if there's anybody who thinks she looks like a doofus they're sure as heck not going to speak up right now. Everything's totally good.

Who can complain when they've got a captive audience right in front of them? Certainly not her.

"Alright, everyone!" Anarchy smiles and claps her hands together. "Are you guys ready to be famous?!"

She waits a moment, just in case anybody wanted to speak up and say no, and then fiddles around with a small device attached to her forearm. In response, her flying drone seems to spring to live as a whole bunch of lights start blinking on it and it starts flying around the room.

pre:
WELCOME TO ANARCHY-OS SYSTEM COMMAND PROMPT
THIS DEVICE IS IDENTIFIED AS: sweet_camera_drone
PLEASE ENTER A COMMAND:
>start hijacking broadcast
INITIALIZING...
Everywhere in the train, and even for a distance around, every unsecured electronic device with a screen suddenly goes black. Then its video image is replaced with this:


(Hi-res version)

A short and energetic clip of electronic music plays, grabbing people's attention before the intro fades and the video transitions to a live feed of Anarchy, recorded by the flying drone in the passenger cabin.

"HEL-LO EVERYONE!" Anarchy smiles maniacally, the same way she'd practiced in the mirror again and again in preparation for this very moment. "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Chumps and idiots of New Genesis! It is I! The one! The only! ANARCHY! DOT! EE! EX! EE!"

With the slightest movement of her hand, she pushes a button on the inside of her wrist which causes a musical riff to play and emphasize the moment. She follows it with a cute, off-kilter pose.

"Now you might be wondering... what exactly is going on?" She claps her hands together with false concern. "Why exactly is this young, beautiful genius talking to us this day? And what's going on with the monorail? What are these explosions?"

"Well," Anarchy winks and smiles. "Let me tell you~"

She strikes a dramatic pose. "It's because I'm HIJACKING it! Yes, that's right! It's a HIJACK! My minions and I have seized FULL CONTROL of this train!"

Okay, that's not technically true, but it's true enough for her purposes.

"And we've rigged it so this train ain't stoppin' baby! Can't stop, won't stop! It'll just keep accelerating until it crashes, taking out everyone on board!" The camera pans around the cabin, showing off the car full of scared civilians. "And we've planted explosives all over the tracks, too! And we have ways of dealing with anybody that tries to stop us!"

Anarchy gives the camera a sinister, confident grin. It's another looks she practiced a lot in the mirror this morning.

"We're holding this train for ransom! And if you want to see want to see your precious loved ones ever AGAIN you'll have to pay us..."

The group never really did settle on what exactly the ransom was supposed to be. But that kind of thing is only a problem for people that can't think on the spot, isn't it?

"ONE! HUNDRED! MILLION! DOLLARS! In digital, untraceable currency!" Anarchy shouts, giving a surprisingly reasonable unreasonable demand. Or, rather, it would have been reasonable if that's where she stopped. "And..."

A fire lights up in her eyes. "I want you to release the TRUTH behind how this city was founded! And of how this city is REALLY run! And I want FULL ACCESS to the city's computer networks! And I want you to give me a prototype of the new N-Tech phone! Now! Before it's even released! And they need to put the headphone jack back in! And I want the key to the city! And...! Yeah, that's what I want!"

Anarchy glares at the camera. "Do you hear that?! DO YOU HEAR THAT?! If I don't get it, or if you try to stop us... YOU CAN KISS. THIS. TRAIN. GOODBYE!"

Then she makes explosion noises with her mouth and mimics one with her hands. "Ka-BOOOOOOOOM! BSSHSHSHSHSSHSHSHHH!!"

"Now can I get an AAAAAAHH! from the audience?!" Anarchy demands, before the camera swings back around to capture the terrified audience's presumed screaming.

quote:

<Takanago> ok let's show our hand and amaze people with our sick awesome plan
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+0
<Platonibot> Takanago: 10 (2d6+0=5, 5)
Using the Maniac's The Deck/Show Your Hand move. The audience bonus might have added +1 to this, but it's irrelevant since it's a 10+ anyway. I hold 3 Cards for use /w gambits later.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 22:49

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

At least K'lyathi had managed to deal with Whisperweed at the moment. He hopefully wasn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon. This allowed time for K'lyathi to focus on the true goal at hand. She needed to take control of the train.

Of course, as soon as she tried to do so, Anarchy came on the tv. An impressed smile stretched across her face as she witnessed the other girl's technological skill in action. It quickly became a frown, however, as words came out of her mouth. She took great indignation to being called just a mere minion. She'll show her.

Putting her hands to the ground, she tried to take control of the train's electronics. She tried to focus, seeing if she could find out about the inner mechanics of the train in question. She managed to quickly find it and tried to find a way to grasp it, hold it in her hands. She exerted her mental will into trying to take control of it, wring it into her hands and put the train and their fates into her own hands.

However, it was a large machine and due to everything that had happened, K'lyathi found it hard to focus. She cursed herself as her concentration broke, her eyes turning to glare at Whisperweed. It was all his fault! All of the problems in the mission could be traced back to him. Without his interference, she would've been able to control the car. She could feel the frustration travel through her system, as if empowering her.

In fact, she began to feel powerful. More powerful. Her form began to frizzle and dissipate, her powers manifesting in new ways that she had never experienced before. Soon, she became a being of pure electrical energy. The nanobots inside her seemed to have adapted into their new form as well. After all, they were biologically a part of her now. It was an exhilarating feeling to be sure.

However, she still needed to gain control of the train.

"Anarchy, get control of the train this instant!" She barked, her energy form allowing her to access technologies nearby her. This was certainly something that she needed to experiment with.

<jimmydalad> rolling to execute the plan to gain control of the train!
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 5 = 5
<jimmydalad> you suck game

I'm going to take the advance: Take the remaining two abilities from your playbook (Energy Form and Electric Speed).

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis streets

Phantom Thief saw the weird rainbow thing hop towards the train and leave. He sat motionless in the rain for a while before gingerly taking out his phone and connecting it to an electronic billboard on the roof which was broadcasting anarchy's hyperactive face.

"Hey Anarchy," he said as he browsed through his phone's documents, "not saying you should right now, but if there is a lull in the action at some point, could you play this? It's a word from our sponsors."

He uploaded 'PT_promo_reel.avi.mp4' onto the system and disconnected his phone. "Thanks!"

quote:

<deltasquid> Okay, rolling to provoke Anarchy.exe into playing my promo reel/marketing spiel at some point during the caper.
<deltasquid> r! 2d6+1
<Takanago> HEH
<deltasquid> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> deltasquid, 3+1 = 4
<deltasquid> I oopsed
<Takanago> HEH
Marking curses!

Then, he retrieved his belongings on the roof which were resting against the wall of a higher building and droppee onto a container below. He guessed he could install some more explosives before commandeering an escape vehicle from the used cars salesman's parking lot. He was eyeing a nice Ford he saw earlier when going in.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2016 around 16:37

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Speeding Train of DOOM!

Expatriot’s menacing steps faltered for a moment, causing her to wobble slightly as a vague sense of vertigo washed over her. She shook her head to try and clear it, but somehow she couldn’t find what she’d been so absolutely furious with a moment ago, Whisperwind less than a memory as his magic settled on her. It did, however, leave her with a head full of white-hot rage, and K’lyathi was rushing up to the front of the cab. She started to turn to meet her … and then things got worse.

”Nnnngh!” she closed her eyes and took a step back, pinching the bridge of her nose. She felt K’lyathi’s tampering with her brain as a kind of intense pressure, blood flow and electrical impulses massaged in a not-so gentle manipulation of her state of mind as her words hit with all the force of a hammer. The train jerked hard, causing her to stumble and grip the control console to steady herself.

If K’lyathi knew the last time she’d felt something like that, she might’ve chosen a more delicate tool. The first time she’d gotten in a fight with her father, back before she’d started fighting back, when she thought that maybe she deserved flashed through her memory with a familiar burn.

“I know.” She growled at the conductor as he frantically tried to work the train’s controls, wind shrieking through the broken glass as they rushed through the snaking path between two buildings, “It’s all part of the plan.”

She wasn’t that scared little girl afraid to assert herself anymore. The time tables were a little out of order, but this was still her plan, dammit, and it was going to work. Her head turned to look at K’lythi whose body had taken on luminous qualities as she looked at her hands with an intrigued perspective. It was time to get things back on track.

Clearing Doubting

Her insulated glove settled heavily on K’lyathi’s shoulder, the pressure causing the energetic membrane that allowed her cohesion to bend as the fingers dug sharply into her. If it hurt Expatriot to touch K’lyathi in her current form, it didn’t seem to register through her mask.

“Don’t distract my star player as she’s engaged with her public.” She growled, pointing at the monitor with Anarchy.exe’s cartoonish face leering happily on it, “She’s the only team member who’s still on script.” heavily implying that she wasn’t any happier with K’lyathi than she was with Whisperwind just this second.

“Now, stop massaging your easily bruised ego, and help me get this train back under control.” She said, clipping the rope tied to her harness to a metal handgrip so she could anchor herself in place, “This is a hardware problem, you’re not going to be able to just think it into submission. We need to affect repairs.”

“I’m going to see if I can use the hijack kit to repair or bypass the damage P.T. did, I’ll send you the view from my visor to see. Spot for me.” She said, waiting just a moment to make sure she was getting through. She pressed her lips together behind her mask … K’lyathi’s expression were hard enough to read when she had muscles and skin to scrutinize, Elizabeth had no clue if energy beings even had subconscious facial queues.

[13:14] <JusticeGrieves> Rolling to Chastise K'lyathi for being so thin skinned
[13:14] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[13:14] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 7 = 7
If you respond, mark Curses, Clear a Condition, or Shift Labels


With a hard kick, the door to the cab burst off of the monorail and tumbled end over end from the elevated track where it would probably land on some poor guy’s parked car. Her fingers digging for purchase on the speeding train, Expatriot carefully moved along the narrow platform running along the side of the vehicle, fighting against the wind as she made her way to the hole punched into the front of the train. Of course, Phantom Thief had hit the train low and to the front to try and taking out the brakes, which meant she was going to have to get creative to see the damage.

“Oh hohn hohn. Ah ahm ze Phantom Tief. Ah ahm zo profesh-ah-nahl.” She muttered under her breath, looping the nylon cord around a projection as she moved to the front of the train, “Instead off waiting fahr zomeone to turn ahroun an pull a levahr, I wohl shoot mah big gun and kill ehvery-won!” Even if her faux French accent was unforgivable, her frustration was understandable as she hung upside down from the front of the train, her head entirely too close to the tracks as the full force of the train’s velocity pressed down on her lungs. Her fingers dug into the hole in the front of the train and pried, tearing the sheet metal from its screws before she threw that off the track as well, looking at the damage.

“Oh boy.” She muttered under her breath, “Omega, are you getting this?” she said, touching a gloved finger to the mechanical guts of the train and bringing it into focus for her visor, “He’s holed the hydrallics. Can you break something down into replacement fluid? We might need more to get the pressure back.”

[13:16] <JusticeGrieves> Also, Assessing the Situation with the train damage
[13:16] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[13:16] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 9+2 = 11
Two Questions: What here can I use to repair the brakes? How could we best end this quickly?

[13:33] <JusticeGrieves> It's up to Theantero if I'm adding 1 to the Plan or marking aCondition though. That was kind of limpwristed compared to what I was going to give him.
[13:34] <Theantero> Well, to be honest, my initial plan and intent was to make you befocused on her instead of me
[13:35] <Theantero> Instead of going full-on attack dog
[13:36] <Theantero> So I can't really blame you for the choice you took :V
[13:36] <Theantero> +1 plan works for me

+1 Plan!

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2016 around 17:39

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Afraid, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

"Urgh", comes a noise from Whisperwind, currently basically indistinguishable from a pile of ruffled laundry on the floor, "Ah you crazy broad." He takes some support from the wall and manages to get back on his feet. He conjures up one of those goons he brought from the HQ for some additional support to help keep him on his feet, his legs still not respond normally.

"Right, look. I don't know what you people think I'm up to. But the point is, I have just as much if not more at stake when it comes to this train not crashing. So listen up. The people here who know best what to do in an emergency like this are the crew. Unfortunately, they're swept up in this panic wave like everybody else."

"So here's what I'm going to do. Another mantra. Make those nearby push the panic back, and bring the training forth, make them repeat those emergency plans under their breath until they stick, like it was just another drill at work. If there are any contingencies from the side of the train crew or the company for the brakes giving out, we should get use of them this way."

He gives Omega a particularly envenomed glance. You think. Hard to say.

"We can deal with our differences some other time. Now if you'll please, I have to concentrate."

He stays silent for a while.

"Well, I would."

"If someone hadn't just frazzled my brain."

Didn't even give you that little laugh of his. Must mean he's serious.

quote:

Theantero: Rolling Provoke to force nearby non-teammembers into damage control mode
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 6 = 6

Marking Curses

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -2 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

K'lyathi was surprised at the human Expatriot's response. She didn't know if she was brave or stupid. She immediately recognized that now probably wasn't the best time to be pissing off Expatriot. Her energy form dissipated and she stared back into Expatriot's visor. It only came to her now, but she had an unusually easy time altering Expatriot's brain. She didn't linger on the thought too long. She probably was just coming into her power.

"Yes, that would be a good idea." K'lyathi mentioned, following the instructions of Expatriot as she began to try and understand the gravity of the situation. K'lyathi kept an eye out on Expatriot, making sure she didn't kill herself. They were technically part of the team, so she had to at least give a token effort towards contributing to the group, unlike Whisperweed. Still, she had caused a lot of damage to Whisperweed. In fact, her powers only made her even stronger.

K'lyathi chuckled at Expatriot's impression of the Phantom Joke. Of course, it was his fault that the train had reached the state it was in. She really shouldn't be surprised at how that fool kept on lowering her expectations of him. Still, she wasn't completely innocent this mission. Whisperweed kept on distracting her and infuriating her. He needed to be taught a lesson. Overall, it was his fault that the scheme had reached the stage it was at.

"I believe my nanobots should be capable of doing that." K'lyathi responded just as she heard Whisperweed. An icy glare shot in the general direction of the Whisperwind, or at least, where the voice came from. Rolling her eyes throughout Whisperweed's plan, she looked visibly digusted by the presence of the person she saw as the cause for all of the problems that happened this mission. She didn't back down from his glare and shot one back of her own, her eyes darkening black in an attempt to instill fear in him.

"I do not have any reason to trust that you won't find a way to benefit yourself from this at the cost of the team." K'lyathi stated bluntly. "To be honest, I don't think your plan will work because of the hydraulics being destroyed. I'm going to actually work on a plan that might actually not get us killed. You've been enough of a pest and a thorn in the team as it is."

With that response, K'lyathi went to work coming up with a way to use her nanobots to replace the replacement fluid. Even if Whisperweed's plan may have had some credence, he had done too much to her in that moment to inspire any trust in his plans.

Using the Cow/Rebuke to shift my Danger up 1 and my Trouble down 1

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Afraid, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

Whisperwind leered at the arrogant alien aristocrat from under his hood. Bah. Wasn't like he needed her anyway. "Hey Anarchy", came a private whisper, "I have plan to make these crews and such here actually do their job and hopefully have us not die. Kind of failing at it at the moment. But with your help I could succeed."

"Haha."

"But hey? If you could superimpose my broadcast on your own totally sweet one, that would be grand. It would really help me out! And relax, it's too silent to interfere with your own thing."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 3

While the camera's turned around to face the crowd, Anarchy looks down at her wrist display to find a while bunch of notifications.

Deltasquid posted:

Phantom Thief

"Hey Anarchy," he said as he browsed through his phone's documents, "not saying you should right now, but if there is a lull in the action at some point, could you play this? It's a word from our sponsors."

He uploaded 'PT_promo_reel.avi.mp4' onto the system and disconnected his phone. "Thanks!"

"What is this?!" Anarchy sneers at the incoming filename. "Is this some kind of dumb virus, or does he just not know how to convert a freaking video?!"

Really?! '.avi.mp4'? What are you supposed to be, a gentlemen thief, or an incompetent grandma?!

"Pee-Tee, this is my moment. If you want to interrupt it with your dumb b-roll footage, it can wait." She discards the notification and, just to be safe, runs a malware scan on the dumb file. It's set to lowest priority.

jimmydalad posted:

K'lyathi

"Anarchy, get control of the train this instant!" She barked, her energy form allowing her to access technologies nearby her. This was certainly something that she needed to experiment with.

"What?!" Anarchy makes an annoyed face, like a spoiled brat being told they have to stop playing video games and come to dinner. "Can't you see I'm busy?!"

She sighs, then starts fiddling with her personal devices again."Fine, lemme just-"

pre:
WELCOME TO ANARCHY-OS SYSTEM COMMAND PROMPT
THIS DEVICE IS IDENTIFIED AS: anarchy_klyathi_hijack_device
PLEASE ENTER A COMMAND:

>configure train controls
ERROR: DEVICE IS NOT INSTALLED ON TRAIN, OR TRAIN CONTROLS ARE NOT RESPONDING.
PLEASE CONTACT ANARCHY.EXE FOR HELP.

>wtf
"WTF" NOTED. WOULD YOU LIKE THIS DEVICE TO SELF-DESTRUCT? Y/N

>n
"What did you DO?!" She yells, hopefully not loud enough to distract from the crowd from how scared they should be right now. "How did you SCREW UP getting control of the engine?! Why isn't the device working?! And wasn't it Ex-Pee's job to take care of that?!"

Theantero posted:

Whisperwind

Whisperwind leered at the arrogant alien aristocrat from under his hood. Bah. Wasn't like he needed her anyway. "Hey Anarchy", came a private whisper, "I have plan to make these crews and such here actually do their job and hopefully have us not die. Kind of failing at it at the moment. But with your help I could succeed."

"Haha."

"But hey? If you could superimpose my broadcast on your own totally sweet one, that would be grand. It would really help me out! And relax, it's too silent to interfere with your own thing."

"What, you too?" Anarchy grumbles. She's going back and forth between a few computer interfaces worn on her body and she's clearly a little overloaded right now. "Fine, fine! But I'm busy, okay?! Doing actual work AND trying to figure out what the heck you idiots screwed up up there. I'll open up a private audio channel but you're gonna have to do the rest yourself. Code's One-Three-Three Point Three Seven."

"Oh, and you owe me for this one. I don't know what yet, but don't think I'm just gonna save all your butts for free."

Spending 1 Plan to boost Whisperwind's last roll by 1.

Anarchy slams a few buttons on one of her forearm devices to make that happen, then turns her attention back towards sorting out the current situation in the control car. A quick scan of the local network shows an available open connection in Expatriot's visor, which Anarchy connects to.

When she joins, her pixelized avatar shows up in a corner of Expatriot's vision. The screechy sound of her voice soon follows over the radio. "Ex-Pee! What is going ON over there?! I thought you HAD this! Now I've got people yelling at me about how we're gonna die, and I can't access the device, and-"

While she's rattling off her list of complaints, Anarchy suddenly notices the big problem. "Hold on, is that a freaking HOLE in the brakes?! DID ONE OF YOU IDIOTS FREAKING BREAK THE BRAKES?! Oh my God! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

The girl makes a long, exasperated noise. It kind of sounds like one part of her is dying or something, from the sheer stupidity she seems to have to be dealing with. And as she does, she tilts her head to the side and sticks her tongue out to emphasize her point. She even goes quiet for a second, which is kind of amazing.

"...You're barking up the wrong tree, y'know, if you're gonna and try to fix that stupid mess."

Springing back to live, Anarchy rolls her eyes and pulls up a set of train blueprints on one of her devices. Then she presses a button to have it projected in front of herself as a miniature three-dimensional hologram. "I mean, you could, but you don't have to. I mean, those are just the main set of brakes. Every car should have their own, and if you could just get those to work independently you won't even need to deal with that piece of crap."

Anarchy zooms in and takes a closer look at the circuit diagrams. "All you'd need to do is just go to to all the sub-control units and splice each set of brakes into one of the train system controllers that you guys didn't screw up. Like the lights or something. And I can tell you exactly how you'd need to do this and where all these things are, but..."

The young celebrity takes another look at the crowd, trying to gauge how much the conversation they overheard and how much more panicked they are. "...I need SOMEBODY to actually get off their INCOMPETENT butt and actually come HELP me back here! I mean, I'd love to give you the tech support that you apparently need, but do you really expect me to handle that AND keep an eye on all the civilians AND do all of our public relations AT THE SAME TIME, ALL BY MYSELF?!"

Anarchy is Meddling in Expatriot's plot with some classic, Maniac-style backseat tech support. If Expatriot heeds my advice, she gets to take +1 forward and I get Influence over her. If she rejects it, I mark Curses! and lose any Influence I might have had. (I don't) This also triggers her "When others Meddle..." move.

Also I am noting again here at the bottom of the post that I spent 1 Plan to increase Whisperwind's last caper roll to 7.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Afraid, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

"Haha", the whispers continue.

"Thanks. I guess I owe you. Be sure to write that down somewhere so that you don't forget."

"..."

"Also, as a fun side note? Never had my stuff amplified by tech like this. I wonder how that'll turn out."

"Haha."


Here I'm going to give Anarchy some Influence over me. Since she already has it, she gets to shift my labels.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 13:40

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Netherwrath

Well... You probably didn't see it, but Breaking Point dropped these mines. Everywhere. The stupid thing?

One of them fell directly on Seraphim's head.

... Yeah.

Dazed for a second, she drops you just as you go in for the punch and now the momentum of the punch is dragging you downward into it. With a huge shockwave, you splatter a good dozen of the limpet mines in the area.

... Including the monorail tracks and the train proper.

Whoooooooops.

At least Seraphim seems to have buzzed off, trying to help disarm the truly ridiculous amount of explosive that now litter the entire block.

Unfortunately, you were too occupied glaring at Seraphim you didn't notice Mongo come back down... and deck you right in the head as it falls.

So much for that understanding of physics, huh? "What goes up, must come down..."

At least now you got your ride back.


What opportunity do you see on the ground level that might deter you from going after the train?

Take a powerful Blow, and mark Angry (forgot the powerful blow last prompt. Also, if you took any conditions from someone else's directly engage, REMOVE THEM. It's the GM's choice of condition or a powerful blow. )


Breaking Point

"drat you!" Iron Angel replies, diving after the bombs and ignoring you. Would be so easy to shoot her now, really. I mean, just look at her! Poor woman just triggered three different anti-hero traps after another. And still only her and that weird rainbow girl are on the scene. They're going to be really busy.

Hell, this even gave you enough time to take a look at Netherwrath, which just got hit in the head by her own motor-cycle.

Hah, just like she deserved for that freaking stunt, right?

Now that you're obviously the most successful and greatest villain of this alliance, what do you do? Seems like there's problems on the train or something. You didn't quite catch what happened due to the damage to your systems.

Oh yeah, you should probably get that repaired. Or save these idiots from going up in a great ball of fire, as your remaining functional sensors tell you it's going way too fast. Your choice.


Clear a condition from the schadenfreude of Netherwrath's situation. Also, Take a powerful Blow, (forgot this last prompt. Also, if you took any conditions from someone else's directly engage, REMOVE THEM. It's the GM's choice of condition or a powerful blow. )


Whisperwind

Well as much as playing Ping-Pong with Ex-Patriot as the projectile is fun, you aren't really getting anywhere here. Unlike the train, which is getting places faster than it should! Way faster. At least you know how to do your job, as clearly your suggestion worked! Behind you you can see some of the goons meddle with the systems. Well, hopefully they know what they're doing.

But yeah, you got bigger worries than them right now. There's still an angry alien and an angrier Ex-Patriot in the same room as you. Quite alarming, isn't it?


Until the end of the scene, you can replace Afraid with Alarmed. Also, take a powerful blow from hitting things while being braintazed.


Anarchy.Exe

You, also known as the only competent person in this alliance, have been quite busy so far, haven't you? They're clearly riding off your genius. But, eh, still, you have to rely on them, which sucks. Because they brought you into this mess in the first place!

I mean, just look at this: You were so busy fixing THEIR problems you didn't even notice what Whisperwinds little thing did!

The civilians are just like, staring off into space and repeating random numbers, phrases, and their occupations. Wait a minute... those are like, PIN's and codes and passwords and stuff! ... maybe you should record this stuff.

But the worst part? THEY'RE COMPLETELY IGNORING YOU!!!!

At least the train seems to be slowing down to safer levels. Painfully slowly.


Ex-Patriot

Whisperwind's bullshit worked! The train is slowing down. Looks like those goons he brought along were useful, after all. Come to think of it, maybe he's right! Omega DID gently caress up a lot more crap than he did. He even fixed her meddling with your head!

... Or was it the other way around? gently caress if you can tell.

Anyway, there's just one problem: There's a curve coming up, and while you're slowing down, you're not quite slow enough yet. But hey, you figured it all out! Phantom-Thief's bullet hole just need to be patched up, and the fluid reserves should deal with the rest. Granted you're going to need to re-route said fluid from the others, but it really shouldn't be too hard with Omega's help.

Alternatively, you could just get Breaking Point to do the superman and just push against it. Together with the brakes it will be enough to slow the train, and BP can definitely take it. Nobody will mind a dent in the train right? That would be a lot faster, but not quite as safe...

Unfortunately, your train of thought gets interrupted when one of Breaking Point's limpet mines smashes through the window... and firmly attaches itself to the console!


Omega

You get this awful feeling nobody around here actually takes you serious. Do they not see how great you are!?

You're the only one one who can get them out of this mess! You demand their respect, damnit!

The Nanomachines in the CEO from earlier are picking up weird noises. Words? Numbers? Nothing sensical, anyway. And, of course, Whisperwinds fuckery! Does nobody see that he's going to betray you all, and now he has all the civilians here as his personal little army!?


You can mark Obsessed until the end of the scene, but if you do Whisperwind gains influence on you.


Phantom Thief

Well, you're... kinda out of the loop here, aren't you? The train's almost completely out of sight now, but that doesn't mean you should sit around useless. What if a hero finds you after all? Maybe you should take a look around you, see you can't get yourself a get-away car or something.

... You CAN drive, right?

Ah, details. Hey, hold on a minute...


Something around you is clearly off. What amateurish trick did someone try to pull on you?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Alarmed, Angry | Location: Train ride of DOOM

Whisperwind dismissed the goon propping him, the girl snapping out of trance, looking confused for a second, shrugging and continuing on her way. He still could not really go full speed, but at least he could walk. Which, in his mind, was basically indistinguishable from running anyway. Both the superhuman and the alien were considerably faster than he was, after all.

Man.

He really needed more of an edge than he currently had. Something to pay back the constant humiliations with. Something to help him get away from situations exactly like this. Situations where he was surrounded by entities much more powerful than himself. Situations where he just wanted to disappear.

Whisperwind closed his eyes for a bit. The resonant hum of his brainmeats getting frazzled and banged across the walls still echoed in his mind, making words and other such sounds fade rather harshly in comparison to the deeper tones of the physical world around him. All the strange sounds of nature. All conveying their own information about the state of being. Indeed, to Whisperwind's currently high-on-temporary-brain-damage mind it was almost like everything that happened in reality made some sort of signal to make itself known. Some sort of sound. And indeed, everything that they experienced they experienced through the signals that they managed to capture. That's how his power worked. By quieting signals. Signals of the mind and the physical world both.

But... if everything was known by its signal, and indeed in a way made real by their signals. Then what would happen if he made himself completely silent? Made his signals come from somewhere else? It's almost like making the world forget, and then remember wrong. Perhaps in such a way you could fool reality itself? A way to disappear into nothingness and appear from places unexpected, just like whispers fading from the edge of hearing, or quiet noises appearing from from forgotten corners...

Heh.

Such a silly idea.

But as Whisperwind came to more fully, the intuition in his gut urged him to at least try it out...

quote:

Theantero: Whisperwind getting powerfully blowed
Theantero: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, 3+3 = 6

Nice. As my Advance, I am going to 'Take an additional ability stolen from any other playbook', for which I am taking the Invader's Teleportation, to represent Whisperwind having an epiphany about the Spellsong of Whisper and the true nature of intangibility.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: +0 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Angry, Paranoid | Location: The Skies Above!

Her moment of satisfaction at the successful strategem quickly turned to panic as explosions starting ripping through the remaining parts of the Striker Pack. She keyed into Netherwrath's communicator, "God-damnit! Netherwrath, I will hold you personally accountable for this when we return to base. What idiot gave you a flaming motorcycle? You couldn't handle a tricycle."

Feeling quite a bit better, she ejected the rest of the Striker Pack and returned to her default combat configuration. Data and metrics were streaming to the workshop. The eggheads would need to come up with something a little less... fragile next time. Arcane fire-retardant paints? Perhaps. The various bits and pieces she had ejected below rocked the track with explosions as the remaining munitions self-destructed. Good thing it was behind the speeding train. The holes in the track wouldn't be relevant for some time.

Diagnostics played over her HUD. The gravity drive had been damaged in the impact. She was able to stay airborne, but she'd need to spend some time repairing the damage before she could catch back up to the train. She swapped to wide-band and sent out a broadcast to the team, "Engines have been compromised. I will effect repairs, but I will need some time before I can catch up to the train."

quote:

[06:59:32] <Tricky> BP taking a motorcycle to the face
[06:59:39] <Tricky> !roll 2d6
[06:59:42] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 10 =
10
[06:59:46] <Tricky> :x

Picking two options from 7-9: Gaining Angry and Paranoid, giving ground as I need to stop pursuing the train to repair.

Internal repair systems whirred to life, clicked, and then ground to a halt. Something was wrong. There might be more damage than she had expected.

quote:

[08:03:17] <Tricky> Unleashing Powers to repair all that motorcycle damage
[08:03:23] <Tricky> !roll 2d6+2
[08:03:25] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 3+2 =
5
[08:03:28] <Tricky> :x

Tricky fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 19:41

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -2 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

Ugggggh no one was listening to her! No one was recognizing the real issue at hand. The real problem and the source of all of their issues since the very beginning.

Whisperweed

No one recognized that his barbed words, outrageous behaviour, and obvious traitor attitude were why all of the mistakes and disasters occurred before and during the mission. She was justified in her actions. K'lyathi was looking out for the betterment of the group and yet all the things she had done was now being thrown back in her face. The mere fact that Anarchy.exe had the nerve to even help Whisperweed was an insult to her and to the group. She knew Whisperweed was up to no good and she was never going to let him just mosey on by and get out of this situation unscathed. Even if she were to fall, she would make sure to drag him down with her.

"Expatriot, I believe you are not seeing the true issue at hand." K'lyathi rambled, her eyes locked on Whisperweed's form. "The source of all our problems and the reason why this all occurred was because of Whisperweed. From the beginning, he has sown distrust in the team with his disgusting words and had the gall to go against your orders and jeopardise the mission. Every single issue that has arisen had some origin through him. The passengers panicking, he probably turned Neverwrath against Breaking Point as well! It was all him! Him, I tell you! We need to stop him and destroy him, for the good of the mission!"

Even as her voice continued to sound increasingly manic, K'lyathi felt a strong sense of clarity. Yes, it was all his fault. Once he was gone, everything would fall back into place. Things would turn out well and they'd stamp out the traitor. It was obvious that Whisperweed was the saboteur. Why did no one else notice this? K'lyathi took it upon herself to enlighten them to Whisperweed's true nature. Still, she needed to deal with him.

"As for you!" She declared, her eyes filled with an intensity that could cut through metal. "You will pay for your crimes against us! Against me!"

She extended her arm and unleashed a wave of nanomachines that crashed into him. They began to bury into him once again, K'lyathi making sure that there was one planted in his brain. They had been proving useful up until now. She saw no reason why she should do things any differently.

<jimmydalad> Going to roll provoke to get Expatriot to focus on Whisperwind and recognise him for the true traitor he is.
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 11+3 = 14

<jimmydalad> Rolling to inflict contagin on Whisperwind
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 12+3 = 15
<jimmydalad> Whelp
<jimmydalad> Enjoy contagin Whisperwind

Going to mark Obsessed in exchange for giving Influence to Whisperwind.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 17:51

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Alarmed | Location: Train ride of DOOM

Whisperwind was knocked against the wall by the sudden, even if not unexpected wave of nanobots. He spat out a little grey glob of them, the things scattering to invisibility across the floor. Not bothering to stop leaning on the wall he was thrown against, Whisperwind merely lifted his head, that same old illusionary face still there to meet his 'allies'.

"Haha."

"Like I am to blame."

"Think for yourself for a bit, boss. Who's the one that has been screwing up most here? Who's the one that has done quite literally nothing helpful on their entire time on this train? Who's the one who sent the entire thing off the rails because their feefees got hurt?"

"Haha."

"It's not me."

Whisperwind turned to face K'lyathi.

"You."

"Can you believe, that for a moment there, I actually thought you were plotting against me? Honestly, I did. But now I see I was clearly wrong."

"See, the way you rant and rave? The way you go out of your way to gently caress everything up just for even the tiniest chance to get at me? That all tells me you have no plan at all."

"You're not some noble, some plotter or mastermind trying to move around pieces."

"No."

"You're just plain old crazy. A rabid dog, covered in tiny artificial fleas, barking at anyone that happens to look their way. That is quite literally everything there is to you."

"Haha."

He turned towards Ex-Patriot once more, and finally decided to stop leaning on he wall.

"So hey? Try to rein in your insane enforcer here a bit, okay? As for me, I can't really function in a work environment this hostile. Cya."

And with that, with nary a sound, Whisperwind disappeared.

quote:

Theantero: Rolling Cow/Rebuke to make Expatriot to call her out for not figuring out the real troublemaker who is in fact Omega
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 3+2 = 5

Curses!

quote:

Theantero: Wow this is a bit of a hostile work environment don't you think rolling Abscond goodbye!
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+1 = 9

Clearing Angry because clearly Omega is too dumb to be taken seriously, and also insulting her is a good way to unwind. Also, taking my new Teleporting for a spin and taking myself somewhere safe, to the streets below. Well, probably teeming with heroes and such but better than a speeding death-train I think

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Forget all of this, no Scheming is happening here.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 20:06

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Location: Speeding Train of DOOM!

“I take full responsibility.” Expatriot said, blinking slightly as Anarchy.exe’s pixelated slid into the corner of her vision. She could’ve tried to push this off on Omega, or Whisperwind, or Phantom Thief … it would’ve been easy even. She was the team leader though, so it was her job to bear the blame. She should’ve known the team well enough not to put the wierdo and the troll within a mile of each other on the operation plan. If she hadn’t gotten herself so worked up, maybe Phantom Thief wouldn’t have felt the need to improvise … maybe he’d be here now, giving her another technically inclined team mate to make this work.

“…Huhn. That’s pretty good, actually.” Expatriot said as Anarchy.exe outlined an alternative way to get the brakes under control, the view from her visor bobbing slightly as she nodded. She didn’t move though, her hands producing tools as she started clamping, “It’s good to know that you’re not just hype. Still, an unsecured secondary system is too easy to hack, you’ve got enough people pulling at your attention without having to run cyber-security for this op too. Just keep up the good work, and I’ll have this under control in a second.”

I reject Anarchy.exe’s plan, so she marks Curses! And loses the Influence she actually did have on me.
However, I do confirm that she is Valuable, adding +1 Plan to the pool.


Fortunately, the damage was surprisingly manageable for what she’d expected from Phantom Thief’s mass driver. She supposed the slug must’ve been designed to tear through significantly heavier resistance than a civilian train had to offer. Using the tools from her bag, she affected some crude but functional repairs. She sighed as she heard the squeal of the brakes engaging once again, grabbing hold of the rope she was secured by and pulling herself upright. Which is when she saw the bend up ahead.

“God dammit.” She growled. “Omega!” she turned her head to look at found the alien hurling a veritable torrent of nanomachines at Whisperwind. No way she’d be able to hear Expatriot over the shriek of the wind and her own screaming. So much for that plan, it was marginally irritating to think that with her current energy form K’lyathi was likely to survive the oncoming crash she was in the process of ignoring.

I ignore Omega’s Provoke and mark Insecure.

“Bre—“ and that was when Breaking Point’s message came through. No support from the team’s flying brick either. “Sonuvabitch.”

“NETHERWRATH.” She shouted into her communicator, “THIS WOULD BE A SUPER-GOOD TIME TO GET OFF YOUR rear end AND BE A TEAM PLAYER, I NEED TO SLOW THIS TRAIN NOW!” Okay, she was grasping at straws, the odds of Netherwrath being able to get into position in time were slim, even if that bike could drive like a bat out of hell.

“Dammit, dammit, dammit … I am not a brick. I am not a brick.” She swore under her breath. This was it, she was outside of the bounds of something she could plan or scheme around. There was no chance in hell that she’d be able to stop this train, but her strength was superhuman. All she had to do was slow it down enough to make the turn … that was in her range, right? Maybe?

She shimmied down until she was crouching on the front bumped of the train, putting her shoulders against the rumbling engine and taking a deep breath. Just, use the old training … be the American Dream. Close your eyes, do the impossible, and save the loving day. She put her feet on the rail, feeling her boots grip as fifty tons pressed her forward, her gloves gripping into the metal as she strained to bring the mass under control again.

Hey, if she messed it up, she'd be dead too fast to know. Either she'd get sucked under the train, or the impact would set off the limpet mine in the control cab.

[15:53] <JusticeGrieves> Close Your Eyes, Do The Impossible, And Save The loving Day
[15:53] <JusticeGrieves> Unleash Powers
[15:54] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+1
[15:54] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 10+1 = 11
[15:54] <JusticeGrieves> Well, hell yeah.
Reshaping the Environment to get this damned train at a controllable speed again, hopefully without getting my head blown off by the limpet mine

[14:48] <JusticeGrieves> Executing Plan (Seriously, How Do We Not Have This Train UnderControl Yet?)
[14:48] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 5 = 5
[14:48] <JusticeGrieves> Because we suck!
[14:49] <Yamifenrir> Well you do get +1 from assess
[14:49] <Yamifenrir> I'mma be fair and say you also get +1 from unleash cuz it was funnythe first time
[14:49] <Yamifenrir> but not really the second
Marking Seize the Train off the agenda. We gain +1 Heat bringing us up to 3.

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 18:58

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis streets


Takanago posted:

"What is this?!" Anarchy sneers at the incoming filename. "Is this some kind of dumb virus, or does he just not know how to convert a freaking video?!"

Really?! '.avi.mp4'? What are you supposed to be, a gentlemen thief, or an incompetent grandma?!

"Pee-Tee, this is my moment. If you want to interrupt it with your dumb b-roll footage, it can wait." She discards the notification and, just to be safe, runs a malware scan on the dumb file. It's set to lowest priority.

"Sure, take your time. The best act of the night always comes at the end, right?" His voice was mildly teasing.

Phantom Thief eyed the different cars on the parking lot. Nissan, Toyota... Skoda? He rolled his eyes. This was no way to travel in style.

Then, he saw the Ford Mustang. It was tucked away in a corner, as if it was reserved for the discerning connoisseur to happen upon it. He smiled, for he knew he was just that connoisseur. It only had four seats, so a fifth passenger would have to sit on someone's lap, but what else could he do? Roll up in a minivan and have Anarchy mock him forever?

"Hey Expat," he called in. "I found ourselves a ride. How many passes do you intend to do with the monorail before bailing? I could drive counterclockwise and meet you guys halfway."

quote:

<Deltasquid> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 9+1 = 10
<Deltasquid> bam!
<Deltasquid> just for clarity, this is for stealing car!
<Theantero> you kinda need to say that before you roll, but eh :V
Burning 1 plan!

He picked the door and sat at the driver's wheel. It smelled of leather. Then, he ignited the contacts manually under the steering wheel, closing his eyes as he did to savour the smell of gasoline and the rumbling of the engine. He felt ecstatic.

He was drawn out of his reverie when he reached for the gear stick and caught nothing but air. With an incredulous look, he stared down at the automatic transmission box.

"Right, this is America," He muttered under his breath, with the disdain of a man who took a bite of a chocolate chip cookie and discovered it had raisins. He slowly backed out of the parking space and pulled up on the street. The rain was making it hard to see, though, and he had to search the dashboard for a few instants to find the controls for the windscreen wipers. He was momentarily distracted by the balloons, small flags and inflatable tube man, the latter of which was feverishly flopping around in the wind. "Why must Americans insist on making everything so gaudy all the time?"

He got on the road and drove off.

quote:

Something around you is clearly off. What amateurish trick did someone try to pull on you?

Phantom Thief slammed the brakes a few intersections away. "Uh. Huh. I don't remember downtown being eastward." He then noticed the traffic signs had been sprayed blue and different text painted on. He raised an eyebrow, but he was somewhat alarmed. "Somebody is trying to confuse me? Good thing I remember this neighbourhood by heart, but still..." He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being shadowed as he did a U-turn and drove the correct way instead.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 21:46

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 3

"Fine!" Anarchy throws her hands up in the air. "Do it your way, Ex-Pendable!"

She then immediately ends the connection with a click. Why waste any more time on someone that just won't appreciate good advice. And to think, Anarchy almost made the mistake of thinking that girl was smart. Ex-P's probably dumb enough to think she could stop this train with her bare hands.

Now, what was she doing? Oh, right! Performing for her audience! With her trademark smile returning to her face, Anarchy spins around and leaps into a cool pose and-

Wait. No, this isn't right. Something's wrong with them! They're not even LOOKING at her!

Oh no. This is what Whisper wanted to do?! Turn her precious audience into ZOMBIES?!

The sudden feeling of not being noticed, after such a glorious moment of being EXTREMELY noticed made Anarchy's stomach turn and almost want to puke.

"Oh, you definitely owe me for this one. Weirdo."

Or maybe it was watching Whisper's mind-control in action that made her stomach turn. Should someone even be able to DO that?! Should someone really have the ability to make people become so orderly, and so boring? To turn turn these poor denizens of meatspace into mere zombies?!

Wait, hold on. Aren't the dumb peons of meatspace kind of zombies already? Just mindless people trudging through boring routines with no sense of how the world ACTUALLY works? Aren't these people awful and tragic enough that they'd probably go through their entire LIVES working boring careers and never even committing a SINGLE crime?!

Okay, maybe Whisper's thing isn't so bad in the grand scale of things. It's still weird, though.

And, of course, so incredibly annoying to just lose everyone's attention like that. But, it's like they say, every time a door closes, a window opens, and every time a program crashes, more CPU cycles are available!

Hey Whisperwind, I'm shifting your Freak up 1 and your Superior down 1.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Alarmed | Location: City Streets of DOOM

A weirdo? Pfeh. Whisperwind opened the comms for a smarmy comeback, but to his ire he could not really come up with anything. The whole shebang in the train had been excessively weird, and the accusation was not really something that he could counter on his feet. Whisperwind shrugged almost casually, even though deep down he hated to admit that someone had hit him with something he couldn't just summarily deflect or absorb with a smarmy grin.

"Haha."

"I suppose I do. And I guess I am."

quote:

Theantero: Rollin Known Unknown against Anarchy (+Menace)
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 3+2 = 5

Curses!

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

Netherwrath could've shrugged off military-grade explosives. Same for a fall of a few storeys. Likewise for a demonic motorcycle collision at terminal velocity. It was the explosion plus the fall plus the motorcycle that meant trouble. She felt some of her ribs crack, and in her last moments of coherent thought only had time to notice hey, isn't that the governor's daughter over there? before her healing factor kicked in. Her body was suddenly enveloped in pure shadow, a roiling aura of pure blackness that stank of brimstone and fear. Netherwrath had only been injured badly enough to need to be healed in this way a few times before, and it always did a number on the surrounding environment.

[[18:15] Green_Bean first, let's see how I go re: blow taking
18:15] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+1
[18:15] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 9+1 = 10
[18:15] Green_Bean yay

I'm going to take "you lose control of yourself or your powers in a terrible way".

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Because Netherwrath did not get a chance at a Caper move yet, she'll get to seize victory first! ... once she's back to her senses.


Ex-Patriot

Almost the second your boots touch the ground, they start to feel like they're on freaking fire from the friction burn. And they're very rapidly being erased by grinding against the rail too, which, isn't great... If you had your eyes open, you could see the curve coming closer and closer. You feel a violent rattle as the train blitzes around the corner at a speed roughly double of what it's supposed to...

But a few second later, it stops. You did it! You indeed saved the day. Doesn't that make you feel like a hero?

Eugh...

And you get a call from phantom thief as soon as you get back from your rather precarious position. He secured a getaway vehicle! Doesn't make up for the huge fuckup, but hey, it's something. Fucker better buy you some new boots, eh?

A mere 30 seconds later, you get a message from Zeremiah. Job's done on their side, you're good to run.

Which honestly, is a really good thing. Because look at this freaking swarm of heroes down there, defusing bombs. You literally DID bring every cape in the district here, holy poo poo. If it weren't for Breaking Point's time distortion traps, they'd be on your rear end already!

... Unfortunately there is one more problem to deal with. Netherwrath... just kinda went berserk.


Netherwrath

Your vision fades just as you feel your demonic energies go berserk. A huge wall of darkness rises in the park you landed in, trapping the governor's daughter and her few bodyguards with you. Already you can feel the bloodlust directed at these innocents...

You've gone berserk. Mark this as a special temporary condition. It can only be cleared when it's the only condition. Alternatively someone could knock the living daylights out of you, but that'll make the escape harder.


Phantom Thief

As you u-turn, you realize that suddenly EVERY street looks like the one you just turned away from. You hear a snicker come from the right - aka, the park. As you look you see a figure behind a tree. However, all of a sudden, a GIANT wall of darkness engulfes the entire park, and said figure gets dragged off into the darkness and the illusion fades.

Well, okaaaaay then. You... you feel like you should probably get away from the darkness. Is this Netherwrath's doing, maybe?

Your confusion quickly clears however as you hear heavy, heavy footsteps behind you!

It's Roman Behemoth!



Eeep. He's charging at you!


Anarchy.Exe

Over the comms, you hear everything coming together. Phantom Thief got a getaway vehicle (incidentally, there IS malware in the promo reel... goddamn idiot), Ex-Patriot's crazy plan actually worked (somehow), and Netherwrath just went berserk and engulfed the entire park in darkness.

Wait hold up! That ain't part of the plan!

Either way, it's time to get off the train. Zeremiah just confirmed it's time to book it!


Whisperwind

You teleport to the park safe and sound!

Well, actually, you teleport five meters above the park, and fall onto one of the limpet mines, but hey better than being next to those idiots right? Speaking of idiot's, you see Netherwind falling out of the sky pretty fast. Ouch, that look like it hurt. A lot.

donk

And she's just got hit in the face by her own motorcycle. And now she's getting back up growling madly. Her weird demon energies are blanketing everything in darkness to the point it looks like midnight on a starless sky. Now she's charging at some random civilians, barely missing you on her way there!

This ain't safe at alllllllll!

Just to drive the point in someone just got DRAGGED into this weird darkness. You know them. They're an illusionist. And your rival.

Who's the guy that just got dragged in? Why do you two hate each other?


Omega

You were so close to getting that slippery bastard, and now he's just gone! What the hell. Uh, you should probably do something about that limpet mine in the same room as you. At least that's what the conductor running the hell away probably means.

Alternatively, you could just bail, too. You just got a message on your communicator saying you're clear to flee. But what of the CEO back then? You just going to leave him here? Even with the nanomachines in him, it'd be hell to find him again afterwards. City is huge after all, and who knows where he's from.


What new thing do you learn about your new electric form?


Breaking Point

Uh oh...

Turns out maybe that was a little bit too much. Netherwrath seems to have gone bonkers, and the entire area below you is engulfed in darkness! Your heat sensors show she's attacking random civilians in there! That ain't good, you guys need to bail!

I mean just look at the freaking swarm of heroes that have arrived! The amount of active limpet mines is dwindling fast. If you guys don't bail, and soon, you're going to be literally drowning in heroes trying to bash you senseless.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis streets

quote:

<Deltasquid> okay then
<Deltasquid> rolling to abscond from Roman Behemoth
<Deltasquid> just flooring it and driving right away
<Deltasquid> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 5+2 = 7
<Yamifenrir> Congratz! You got away
<Yamifenrir> ... and ran into the turkish behemoth
<Deltasquid> Byzantine Behemoth has a better ring to it
<Yamifenrir> make sure to tell him

Phantom Thief saw Roman Behemoth charge at him from the darkness and instinctively floored it. The tires' screeching resonated in the streets and the engine roared dangerously loudly before he was pressed into the seat from the acceleration.

"Sacre bleu, I don't exactly have the equipment to deal with this threat!" He yelled to himself. "But if I can just abscond out from under this dark dome, they should lose track of me, I think." The plan did not seem ideal.

And it wasn't. The streets all looked the same, no matter which way he drove, and he always spotted Roman Behemoth hiding behind a corner or appearing right behind him. Eventually, after passing by the park thrice, Phantom Thief got frustrated to the point that he'd rather directly engage whoever was causing these illusions. He made a sharp turn at the park entrance and drove in. He didn't have a lot of time to cruise around before Behemoth caught up with him, so he hoped he could find the magician and take him out quickly. He unholstered the tazer gun from his shoulder holster and lowered his window.

Choosing to add 1 plan to the caper.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: -1 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Angry, Paranoid | Location: The Skies Above!

Breaking Point's flood of HUD messages and alarms faded as her internal repair systems finally kicked in. The gravity drive was back online, sensors were fully functional, and it sounded like it was just about time to get out of dodge. Of course, Netherwrath was throwing a gigantic hissy-fit down below. Some people just don't deal with stress well. Naomi thought to herself, just for a minute, about trying to help knock her out of her funk. It was kind of her fault that she was out of control. That lasted for about half of a second. Why the hell would she care? Netherwrath hit her with a motorcycle. Everything after that was her fault, anyways! And Whisperwind! He was plotting to get her! That could not stand.

The train crew probably needed support in getting off and to whatever vehicle Phantom Thief had acquired. She looked down contemptuously at Netherwrath and then jetted off towards the somewhat-distant train. Maybe Whisperwind would still be there. She owed him a fist to the face and was deeply, deeply considering not stopping it this time.

quote:

[13:12:06] <Tricky> Unleashing to fix up BP's systems. And this time it'll work! :v
[13:12:09] <Tricky> !roll 2d6+2
[13:12:11] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+2 = 9
(+1 from label shift = 10)

Selfishly eating the plan point to shift +Freak/-Superior.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, BERSERK

Netherwrath recognised her powers had gotten away from her, but it was hard to care. Hard to care about anything, really. It felt great, honestly; no self-doubts, no insecurity, no worries about plans. Just a desire to hurt people and so many ways to do it...

She turned to the governor's daughter's bodyguards with a smile on her face. She closed the distance with the first before his hand even reached his holster - she broke his arm in three places with one hand before tossing him aside like a ragdoll. He skidded across the park, coming to a halt a few feet from the dark barrier. The second one managed to get his gun out and fired, but Netherwrath barely noticed it. She came at him just slow enough to let him register how ineffective his weapon was, then ripped the pistol out of his grip before backhanding him up against a tree. His weapon crumbled to rust in her hand, and the bodyguard's skin where she'd touched him bubbled and blackened as if it had been held in a fire.

A flash of movement caught her eye; the third bodyguard, a young woman apparently a little quicker on the uptake than her coworkers, had grabbed the governor's daughter and was running for cover. Smart move, but a little inadequate to the moment. Netherwrath leapt into the air, coming down directly in front of the pair, and the force of her landing knocked them both down. She strode forward, literally stepping over the final bodyguard as she grabbed the governor's daughter by the hair and carried her to the edge of the barrier where she could see people had gathered. "Come on! Bring those cameras in nice and close - I want the whole city to watch me snap this girl's neck because your little heroes were too weak!"

[19:05] Green_Bean okay, cow and rebuke
[19:05] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+2
[19:05] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 2+2 = 4
[19:05] Green_Bean wah wah

This is going to go badly.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 23:06

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Ride of DOOOOOOM --> Bloodlust Park

“rrrrrrrRRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGH!” Expatriot knew her body wasn’t designed for something like this, her knees kept wanting to buckle as the smell of burning rubber filled her nose. The front of the cab crumpled against her slightly as she pushed back against the inexorable force of weight and velocity. Her voice mingled with the shriek of steel on steel as the brakes pressed hard, driving rain driving into her frame like icy nails from heaven, they may as well have been falling horizontally at this speed. She closed her eyes, she didn’t want any distractions, she just had to focus everything on this moment.

Then her legs kicked out over the air for a second as they hit the turn, and her heart hammered in her chest. She risked opening her eyes as sparks rained over the sides of the track, the whole train shaking violently as it hit the bend far beyond the safe speed. But it held. Somehow it stayed on track, the bend straightening out again as she pulled herself up.

“Ah!” she sucked a breath in between her teeth, “gently caress!” pain jabbed her ruthlessly as she forced her body to move. Didn’t feel like a fracture …probably strained her muscles with that stunt. Hell, if she hadn’t torn anything she’d be luckier than she deserved. “Jesus—” she hissed, resting her head back against the train for a moment. Fighting was going to be torture. Right this second, all she wanted was for this job to be over. Under her mask she bit her lip at the itching feeling of her healing factor beginning its work, it’d go faster once she could rest.

Mercifully, Zeremiah sent the message that the job was done as she pulled herself up to a sitting position on top of the engine, clutching her arms.

“Thank god.” She sighed, “Alright people, pack it up. Mission accomplished, let’s get out of here while the getting’s good.” She said, casting a look over the street from above. Man … she didn’t think she’d ever seen this much brightly colored lycra in one place before. Fully grown heroes, kids, aliens, robots, and everything in between were scrambling to disarm as many of Breaking Point’s limpets as they could. That wouldn’t keep them busy forever though.

She’d reached up, intending to give Phantom Thief the street corner where he could pick them up, when abruptly, a surge of luminous black energy erupted from the park they were passing. She knew that energy signature, she’d seen it before. She switched her visor over to thermal vision to penetrate the darkness … sure enough, Mongo’s hellfire tires lit up like a beacon to draw her attention directly to where Netherwrath was standing, dead center of the phenomenon.

“Are you loving kidding me with this?” she growled, forcing her protesting legs to stand as she pulled the quick-release on her harness, the nylon cord coming loose and flapping in the breeze. Netherwrath started stalking the clump of bodies nearest her … including a small one that had to be a child, “Ah poo poo, no…”

She didn’t know she was moving until she was already in motion. She jumped and grabbed hold of an overhang, fingers screaming as she braked the momentum from the train with her arms, letting it swing her up until she let go cutting a triple backflip before her threadbare boots came down on a street lamp. She ran along the street lamp until she could clear the jump to the building across the street, running her hand along the wall as she guided her fall to an overhang. It had enough elasticity to take her weight, launching her into a long jump as it snapped back…long enough to clear the wall of the park as she slid through that black shell like so much smoke. The shroud clung to her, reeking with the pungent smell of sulfur and what her heightened sense of smell recognized as the scent of fear, an oily feeling sticking to her skin like the residue of acid rain.

Expatriot watched as Netherwrath enjoyed her power over normal men, effortlessly breaking one man’s arm in three places. She shouldn’t judge, she’d done worse to people. Still, she had to give the man credit … he didn’t scream in pain, even when Netherwrath tossed him by his broken arm. Her eyes, however, were focused on the girl. She couldn’t recognize her, not through the thermal vision, but it didn’t matter. She reached behind herself on the run and opened a pocket on the side of the backpack she was still wearing, heavy with tools and the marvelous feat of engineering that was the unused trainhack.

[00:35] <JusticeGrieves> You're off my Christmas Card List, Max (Directly Engaging Netherwrath)
[00:36] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+1
[00:36] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 8+1 = 9
Taking the Mayor’s Daughter from Netherwrath


She was a blue blur, just barely caught out of the corner of Netherwrath’s eye as she approached. In her current state, Netherwrath didn’t hesitate to swing, a sweeping backfist that came with an expansive wave of black energy that swept along in the path of her arm. Normally, Expatriot would’ve had the reflexes to dodge that swing, it wasn’t like she didn’t know how her old partner fought after all. Not with all the damage to her body after stopping the train though, it was a heavy blow that caught her under the ribs and sent her flying away. There was a high pitched scream that followed, but it wasn’t Elisabeth’s. A quick glance at Netherwrath’s other glove showed that she was gripping a fistful of brown hair, but the person it was attached to was decidedly absent.

[00:40] <JusticeGrieves> Taking a Powerful Blow
[00:40] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[00:40] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 7+2 = 9
I give ground. I’m Vulnerable, if you want to try and Exploit my Weakness.


Expatriot rolled across the ground, her arms tightly wrapped around the form of the Mayor’s daughter as she tried to protect her from the impact of the blow. When she finally came to a stop, she released the girl who was clutching at her scalp with tears streaming down her face.

“Quit your bitching and run.” Expatriot growled, pushing her in the direction of safety as she struggled back to her feet. Mn. Hurt to breathe. She she looked at Netherwrath across the open turf, and produced something from her pocket. A small remote, a detonator. She hadn’t just grabbed the Mayor’s daughter, she’d left her old partner a gift just at her feet. In her current bloodlust, she simply hadn’t registered it as important. Expatriot didn’t hesitate, she pushed the button.

>BOOM!< clods of dirt and grass erupted into the air with explosive force, though she lost track of her partner in crime in the dirt as it began drifting back down. She didn’t think for a second that it would kill her, she’d seen Netherwrath shrug off worse. It should’ve been enough to feel through her wards though, enough to get her attention, to get her pissed off.

“Come on, you insufferable stinkyhole!” she bellowed, slamming a fist to her chest in open challenge, “Why don’t you show me how weak I am!?”

[00:56] <JusticeGrieves> Aaaaaaand Provoking Netherwrath
[00:56] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[00:56] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 3+2 = 5
Marking Curses!
edit: Whoops, forgot -2 from Insecure. No real change though.


Incidentally, would stopping the train count as Taking Foolhardy Action Without Consulting My Team? (Clear Insecure at the end of the scene)

Also, does blowing up Netherwrath count for hurting someone important to clear Angry at the end of this scene (assuming that it actually does hurt her)?

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2016 around 17:09

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid, Alarmed | Location: Park of DOOM

Whisperwind dropped to the ground with a stumble that he desperately tried, and failed, to turn into a planned-looking maneuver as he tripped backwards over a gently (and constantly less gently, he noted) beeping limpet mine that then proceeded to clasp around his ankle. He was just in the process of dusting off his jeans and mumbling under his breath, as tendrils of blackness whipped past him and rather violently deposited a figure against a nearby tree. A figure Whisperwind recognized.



"Haha."

Whisperwind approached the character.

"Sup, Afterthought? Fancy seeing you here, a real surprise."

Whisperwind's tone, however casual, still hid the embers of rivalry. Afterthought, an illusionist and self-styled 'private investigator', was one of the very few people who were capable of not just usually noticing him, but also tracking his trail. An impeccable attention to detail, excessively well developed ability for abstract reasoning, combined with his signature ability (in addition to the usual illusionist tricks) of making several illusionary copies of himself that he could operate independently at considerable range and thus allowing him to survey and investigate a number of crime-scenes at once all by himself, made him a formidable foe for anyone that wished to remain hidden. Now, the illusionary copies could not interact with objects or otherwise project his magics, but this was little issue for a hero whose operating style was largely cerebral.

He and Whisperwind had bit of a history, in that Afterthought was capable of putting two and two together and suspect Whisperwind's meddling whilst ruining his schemes far too often for the latter's liking, but he had, much to his annoyance, never actually managed to capture the thief. Indeed, Whisperwind suspected he had become a bit of an obsession for the young detective. He thought it almost poetic, in fact, the rivalry between the man who was nowhere and the man who was everywhere. This, of course, did not stop him from shooting the poo poo whenever possible.

"Haha."

"That's a joke of course. I know the weird boycrush you have for me just won't allow you to leave me alone ever." Whisperwind nods towards the retreating black, roiling void, "Didn't know you were into ropeplay though. So that's new I guess."

"Seriously though. The train is on fire, there's mines all over and a demon of some sort is running loose, yet your first thought is 'Hrmm how do I stop old, perfectly harmless Whisperwind from having a good time???'. I suppose it's almost flattering in a way. Still weird as hell though. Like, you need to re-evaluate your priorities. There must be things in your life more important than me you know."

Whisperwind teleports back just the tiniest bit, causing the limpet mine to grasp nothing but air. With a swift kick, he sent it flying towards his still slightly dazed rival, the thing clasping around his chest.

"You know, like that limpet mine."

"Haha."

"Puzzle your way out of this one, genius."

quote:

Theantero: Distracting my Rival with a limpet mine
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8 = 8

Picking these two options:
- You redirect their attention to someone else. (Netherwrath for being the higher threat)
- You avoid further entanglement. (Afterthought is too focused on the limpet mine to pay attention to me so I scoot from his immediate vicinity)


quote:

Theantero: Provoking Whisperwind's rival
Theantero: !r 2d6-1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8-1 = 7

OOC: I want him to focus on the more obvious threats.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2016 around 16:49

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Rooftop | Cards: 2

"Oh what, already?" Anarchy grumbles. "We just got started! They haven't even started negotiating with us yet!"

She stomps her feet on the ground and dances back forth a little out of frustration. As if sticking around would get the group anything other than a prison sentence.

"I mean, we've got plenty of time, right? It's not we've got a bunch of heroes on our tail alr-" Anarchy changes her tone the second she looks out the train window. "WOAH, HEY! AWESOME! THEY'RE ALL HERE!"

"Okay." She grins. "Activate Phase Two."

Anarchy rubs her hands together maniacally, as if she were waiting for this moment her entire life, and opens one of the emergency doors on the train! She pulls the big lever and throws it open! While the train's still in motion! Like every passenger who's ever sat in an exit row seat has always dreamed about! What a madwoman.

Grabbing her bag, she climbs onto the roof with her drone following closely behind. Immediately, the roaring wind almost blows her previous hat right off her head. The inherent danger of being on this somewhat precarious platform makes itself quite obvious. But she does not care. She has something important to do. One last thing before the escape.

Anarchy plops her bag on the ground, and starts assembling some bits and pieces stored inside.

With one hand, she pulls out a megaphone. "HEY IDIOTS!" she shouts. "HEROES! NINCOMPOOPS! LOSERS OF JUSTICE! ANARCHY DOT EE-EX-EE HERE! AND I GOT A PRESENT FOR YA!"

And with the other, she pulls out a crude, multi-barreled hand cannon. It's covered in diagonal red and white stripes, held together mostly with duct tape, and has what looks like a whole bunch of fuses sticking out of it. It looks like it belongs in the world's unsafest carnival, or something.

"Drone! Start the music!" she commands. Soon some festive music starts playing over the broadcast, and blaring through any nearby billboard or electronic device equipped with speakers.

Then Anarchy pulls the trigger on her cannon, and fireworks start launching at a tremendous rate. They explode quite colorfully, and quite loudly, in the sky above the train. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"WHO'S GOT THE GUTS TO TRY AND STOP ME?!"

Spending 1 Card to Draw a temporary asset, a Fireworks Cannon.

Then Anarchy is going to wager that to distract the heroes from the actual trouble and draw attention to herself
<Takanago> Rolling +Trouble to distract the heroes and draw aggro. Wagering my new FIREWORKS GUN to add +1
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Takanago: 9 (2d6+2=1, 6)
Picking:
-You redirect their attention to someone else. (Anarchy)
-You confuse them for some time.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2016 around 21:13

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -2 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

K'lyathi let out a frustrated scream as Whisperweed teleported away. That human has some nerve talking big like that. Now that he was gone and not actively ruining the mission, K'lyathi had some clarity about the situation. For one thing, there was still the bomb inside the train. She didn't really care about it. In her energy form, she was able to sense all the electricity flowing through the city. It was as if they were roads for which she could travel in and reaching said electrical roads weren't exactly a challenge for her considering she could fly. It's not like she had any love to lose for the dumb humans still on the train.

Then her mind flashed back to the stupid human who dragged her underneath the seats. He seemed important and she could definitely feel his presence still inside the train. He may actually be useful to her in the future, something she could use against Whisperwind or to her own benefit. Remembering the little card that he had in his pocket, K'lyathi commanded some nanobots in the nearby area to pick it up and transport it to her. She probably would have to deactivate the bomb too. After all, she couldn't let the dumb human die if he could be an asset to her.

Once she got the card from her nanobots, she took a glance over the limpet mine. It really wasn't that impressive. In fact, it was something she could probably mass produce in her sleep. It didn't look like Breaking Point did anything to improve on it either. Then again, she didn't really expect much from the silly robot. Cracking her fingers, she commanded her nanobots to go inside the mine, messing with the inner workings of the device and deactivating it. K'lyathi was actually slightly disappointed by how simple it was. She would really need to discuss with her teammates about making improvements to their weaponry.

Still, she did what she had to do. K'lyathi was very much ready to go home and forget about this entire evening. Maybe stew over plans to screw over Whisperweed while she was at it. Jumping out of the train, she changed into her energy form and started to fly towards the nearest power cable. Jumping inside it, she began to move within the wires towards the rest of the team, making sure she didn't get too close and accidentally get involved in the chaos that was ensuing.

Wow, they really screwed up there, didn't they? K'lyathi was glad she was only watching.

<jimmydalad> Gonna roll Unleash Powers to deactivate the bomb so the dumb CEO doesn't die
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 9+3 = 12

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, BERSERK

"Oh honey, that kind of language isn't a good look for you. Didn't your Daddy raise you better?" As the smoke cleared, Netherwrath looked profoundly unshaken by the explosion. If anything, she looked better than before, as her dark powers continued to fix all the incidental damage she'd picked up. The look in her eyes was terrifying - this wasn't a Netherwrath who'd lost all reason to fury, this was a Netherwrath that had simply switched off everything that had ever prevented her from inflicting pain and suffering on another human being.

"Don't worry, I'll knock some sense into you on his behalf." She closed the distance almost instantly, leading with a powerful blow directly to the gut. As she'd expected, Ex-Patriot didn't double over in pain, but instead rolled with the blow and used the momentum to give her a snap kick in the jaw. Netherwrath swatted the counterattack aside, noting with some disappointment that Expat was already hurt and slower than she should've been. Not that Netherwrath particularly cared about fighting fair, it was just the general principle that she should be the one responsible for any and all pain being inflicted in the vicinity.

Netherwrath grabbed Ex-Patriot by the neck with one hand and lifted her off the ground. "Tell you what, fearless leader - why don't I help you be useful for a change?" She pulled back her free hand, and socked Ex-Patriot right in the centre of mass, sending her flying. Expat would've had just a moment to wonder why Netherwrath didn't go for a more lethal shot before she came up on Afterthought's exposed back...

[17:11] Green_Bean in any case, let's find out how exploded I got (Take a Powerful Blow)
[17:11] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+1
[17:11] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 5+1 = 6
[17:11] Green_Bean woo!

Marking Curses!


[17:19] Green_Bean right, time to clock Ex-Patriot right in the face (Directly Engage)
[17:19] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+3
[17:19] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 7+3 = 10

I'll take "resist or avoid their blows" and "create an opportunity for your allies"

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Doubting, Insecure, Paranoid | Location: Bloodlust Park

[23:50] <JusticeGrieves> Okay, first thing's first: Taking Netherwrath's Love Tap
[23:50] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[23:50] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 11+2 = 13
[23:51] <@Robodog> nailed it
[23:51] <JusticeGrieves> More like "got nailed"
Oof. I Struggle Passed The Pain and mark Doubting and Paranoid, I’ll also Lash Out Verbally. It’s a bad day.


There were really only two things that held Expatriot’s ribs together as that blow hammered home. The first was subtle, the armored mesh in the jacket she’d gotten from YGGDRASIL stiffened up on impact, blunting the force somewhat. More importantly, Netherwrath had let go as her fist connected, allowing the force of the blow to drive her through the air. If she’d wanted to, Maxine was more than capable of driving a fist clean through a human body.

Girl had a bad habit of playing with her food.

Elisabeth careened through the air, a blue blur once again on a trajectory that might well have carried her to the other end of the park had it been unimpeded. Instead, she came to an abrupt halt, falling into a tangle of limbs with some punk wearing the most ostentatious goggles she’d ever seen … along with a scarf his mother must’ve knit for him. When the two of them finally stopped roll, a top hat drifted out of the sky to land on her upraised posterior, a trench of turned soil dug by the chin of her mask.

“Ngh…you giving anyone pointers on being useful…” she groaned into her mic, “That’s a laugh. Ha-hnnn!” Ow, ow. She’d laugh later. The fingers of her gloves dug into the turf as she shook her head, the gesturing concealing as she touched a few control studs along the ear cover of her mask.

“BP—“ she hissed into a private channel, not wanting to tip her hand prematurely, “Get your tin can off the sidelines and give me some air support. If the heroes grab Nether, they’ll have to move us to another base, and you can bet it won’t be half as nice.”

[00:34] <JusticeGrieves> Provoking BP
[00:34] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[00:34] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 6 = 6
Whoops, forgot the +1 for having Influence over her. Partial Hit. +1 Plan if Breaking Point Engages with Netherwrath


“We need to drive her west, away from the heroes.” She added, climbing slowly to her feet and knocking the dapper hat to the ground. God dammit … why was she trying so hard for these people? She’d spent the whole damned caper running around trying to put out fires, and for what? Someone else’s pay day? How the hell had she ever let the Red Scare, of all people, talk her into this scam of an organization?

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2016 around 05:01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: -1 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Angry, Paranoid | Location: The Skies Above!

Expat's voice echoed over her comms. Of course she needed to save the day. It was a wonder that the rest of the team managed to get dressed in the morning without help. Naomi sighed dramatically as she responded, "Uggggggh. Fine. Fine! You owe me for this one, Betsy. And I'm only doing this because I like my room."

+1 plan to the pool!

The best part of using a gravity drive over more conventional rockets was the total lack of nuisances like inertia. Breaking Point demonstrated that by turning on a dime, just as she was about to reach the train, and soaring back towards the conflict on the ground. She reviewed tactical projections and her working dossier on Netherwrath as she flew. Extended grappling and brawling was not advised. In that case...

Naomi grinned. The lab boys had been rather excited when they got this addition to her fists to work. Her battlefists roared to life, thrusters flaring, as they began to rapidly rotate. Her fingers clenched into tight fists.

Breaking Point's external speakers roared to life, "ROCKET PUNCH!"

She leveled her arms at Netherwrath and launched both of her fists. They cut through the air with little subtlety. One would have to be quite out of it to be caught off guard. Or, perhaps, suffering from a case of tunnel vision. Apparently Netherwrath was. One fist caught her in the side and sent her bouncing off a nearby wall. The other? It hit her square on, mid-bounce, sending her flying down the street to the west.

The fists flew back, reattaching to their mounts on her arms. Breaking Point took a moment to grin with satisfaction before cruising down to meet with Expatriot.

quote:

[20:53:06] <Tricky> Direct Engage our dear berserk friend
[20:53:10] <Tricky> !roll 2d6+2
[20:53:11] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 11+2 =
13

Resist blows; Create an Opportunity (NW goes on a ride to the west)

Clearing Angry (hurting NW) and/or Paranoid (taking WW's muscle out of the picture to prepare for a confrontation) at the end of the scene if things go well!

  • Locked thread
«13 »