Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Doubting, Insecure, Paranoid | Location: Bloodlust Park

“Code names only in the field, Fathands.” Expatriot said as the cyborg drifted down within range for her to speak without using the communicators. Her visor whirred slightly as the picture-in-picture zoomed after Netherwrath’s tumbling body, trying to work out if that had managed to get through Max’s defenses and do some lasting damage.

“Still, that is really satisfying to watch.” She said, smirking slightly under her mask, “I’ll pay what I owe, when the time comes.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, BERSERK

Netherwrath was on her feet seconds after impact, against all probability completely unharmed. She spat on the ground, and the pavement where it touched began to bubble and sizzle. She started laughing, peals of laughter that were high and loud and long and completely devoid of empathy. She keyed her comms to the team's frequency mid-laugh, and eventually regained enough composure to talk. "Expat calls and you come running, don'tcha? Such an obedient little girl!"

"You know BP, for a brain in a jar you seem to love making it clear how useless your brain actually is. How about when we get back, we take the brain out and replace it with one of those robot dogs from Radio Shack. It'll be much more pleasant to listen to, and once we program it to stick its nose all the way up Expat's rear end, no one will ever be able to tell the difference." Netherwrath started walking east along the street towards the others. "Of course, it only makes sense that you two'd be close; you can bond over how much you want your Daddies to love you. Of course, at least Expat's still got a shot at that - you'll never get it because your Daddy's burning in Hell, wondering how he ever raised such a pussy-rear end little shitstain who won't even come down here and fight!"

[15:37] Green_Bean time to get punched in the face (Take a Blow)
[15:38] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+1
[15:38] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 3+1 = 4

Marking Curses!

[15:45] Green_Bean okay, time to Cow/Rebuke BP
[15:45] Green_Bean !roll 2d6+4
[15:45] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 7+4 = 11

Netherwrath clears Angry, and demands Breaking Point come face her up close, who can mark Curses!, clear a condition, or shift labels if she responds.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -2 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

K'lyathi was content to just sit in the power lines for now and watch the team fight with each other. She saw no reason to get involved. Frankly, it would be dumb for her to put herself in danger like that. She wasn't a dumb human and she didn't hold any particularly strong feelings. Yes, Neverwrath made a fine test subject for what humans were like when she wasn't in her current state, but that wasn't enough for her to actively want to help her or anything. That very notion was stupid and insulting.

Still, she could infect her without needing to be there. As Breaking Point fired off her fists at Neverwrath, some of the nanomachines inside her decided to hitch a ride as well. Once they made impact, the nanomachines immediately began to get to work with burrowing themselves inside of Neverwrath. If K'lyathi could chuckle, she would be doing so. This was perfect. Her nanomachines were inside all of her "allies".

K'lyathi was content with how the mission ended. She was still annoyed at Whisperweed, but she had a feeling she was never going to get along with him, but she managed to infect her team and the smartly dressed human. Plus she gained valuable information on said human. Sure, the mission could've gone more smoothly, but she never was particularly bothered with properly completing it. She was more focused on Whisperweed and thwarting his schemes. That dumb human was still on her mind. Curse Whisperweed!

<jimmydalad> gonna contagin Neverwrath
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+3 = 10
Taking influence on Netherwrath

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Expatriot

Freaking hell, none of this is working! Sure puts things into perspective, doesn't it? Why your 'father' made someone like you. He was trying to make a genetically perfect being... and even that isn't enough. There are still people around that can bat you aside so easily...

Can you really blame yourself for feeling insecure?

No, not really. But what you should do is probably not be anywhere around Netherwrath at the moment. She's above your weight class as is, and you're already exhausted from your previous attempt at doing the impossible. The kid's safe after all, maybe you should look into doing something more your league, like punching that eight foot golem that's chasing your getaway ride..

Wait a minute, Phantom Thief's compromised too? Fuuuuuck.


Phantom Thief

The Illusion breaks as Ex-Patriot gets smashed into Afterthought, who is apparently the source of the illusion. Which is good because you can sort of see where you're going again, on the other hand Ex-Patriot's looking really beaten up and she just got smashed into someone.

Maybe you should pick her up and bail, because your 8 foot golem friend isn't letting up! You got away from him for now, but he's chasing you.




Netherwrath


Well, that coulda gone better. You remember the whole thing about your power rotting and erasing everything you touch?

Yeah, your little speech would have been a lot more impressive if you wouldn't have lost your grasp due to the hair you were holding onto vaporizing, and then a superspeedster of some kind snatched her right out of your hands. So all you gave her was a lovely haircut.

At least Ex-Patriot serves as a nice little punching bag. Unfortunately, Breaking Point arrives, and immediately starts attacking you.

Looks like nobody on the alliance is really cool with what you're doing right now. It's rage-inducing, isn't it? You finally got a chance to let loose and immediately everybody teams up to beat you down.


Breaking Point

Woah, woah woah. Netherwrath just went THERE. That's not cool, right? Everyone has a hissy fit every now and then, but now that's just entirely uncalled for. Makes you want to punch her into the ground so hard she'll come out in China, right?

Go ahead. Nobody will blame you if you do, right?

Turn Angry into Enraged until NW apologizes.


Whisperwind

Ahahahahaha. That is actually funny. The mine you just kicked at him? It just attached to his hat. That's great. He's panicking and trying to pull it off and failing entirely. Maybe the hat is important to him in some way? oh well.

By the time he manages to get the mine off, you are long gone and he just looks at the utter chaos Netherwrath is causing in despair. It seems like you're utterly off his mind for now. Speaking of which, maaaybe you should help with that? Ex-Patriot's getting the crap beaten out of her, and only Breaking Point is on the case trying to reign her in, but will it be enough? Netherwrath is going ham.

On the other hand, you could help deal with the Roman Behemoth, which is currently trying to smash your getaway car (and probably its driver) into pieces. Kinda important that that doesn't happen, right?


Anarchy.Exe

Unfortunately, not all that many heroes pay attention to you because all the other craziness that is going on... but one of the fastest defusers on the field comes up to have a word with you.



Oh my, look at what the cat dragged in!

Unfortunately, given the look of sheer anger on his face it seems he may want to have more than just a word with you...

"YOOOOUUUUU!!!" he yells out, unsheating his blade.


Omega

As you invisibly gloat over now having infected every single member of this alliance with your nanomachines, you get complacent.

Which makes what follows even more embarassing. Suddenly, you feel a vast consciousness wash over you, and for a second, the power line goes dead, kicking you right out of it.

As you rather roughly land on the park floor, you probably wonder what the hell just happened.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2016 around 15:35

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Park of DOOM

Whisperwind stood some ways away from the raging Netherwrath, leaning on a tree, hands in pockets. He had to admit, the last couple of minutes had been nothing short of hilarious, but they still kinda needed to wrap this thing up.

"Haha", a familiar whisper reached Netherwrath, somehow managing to cut into her mind through all the noise.

"Hey, that was some A plus work right there. Have you considered a career in bowling maybe?"

"But yeah. The job is done. The authorities are starting to gather, and there is no reason for us to stick around any longer. So why don't you try to calm down a bit and reel in your demon cloud or whatever that is supposed to be so that we can actually scram and not be overwhelmed by the entirety of this town's hero roster? That would be grand."


quote:

Theantero: Rolling to Cow Netherwrath so maybe we can go home soonish
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+2 = 10

For my own option for rolling 10+, I'll clear Alarmed as things seem to be winding down.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2016 around 15:30

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions:

Something about Whisperwind's utterly insufferable tone cut through the sociopathic haze in Netherwrath's mind. She clenched her fists and screamed profanity at the heavens as the healing process ended and the demonic shadow that had engulfed the area flowed back into her. When the darkness finally cleared, it looked like someone with a conscience was back in the driver's seat. Not much of a conscience, mind, but someone with some kind of limits, at least. She double checked her comm was live before speaking "Ah, I feel much better. Next time, maybe don't try to blow me up? It just makes the whole healing thing take longer."

She surveyed the chaos and wreckage around her with satisfaction (and maybe just an infinitesimal hint of guilt). "It's time to bail. I'll try and clear us a path." She leapt into the air, deliberately ignoring Breaking Point whether she wanted to engage or not, coming down right next to their getaway car.

[11:56] Green_Bean Unleashing My Powers to reunite with our getaway vehicle
[11:56] Green_Bean !roll 2d6
[11:56] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 12 = 12

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 2
Temp Assets: Fireworks Gun

"Oh! Well if it isn't Cyberrrr..." Anarchy strikes a haughty pose and puts on a show of trying to remember the hero's name. "...chump?"

She laughs like a hyena. "Ohhhh MY! What a stunt you pulled... Gee, I thought you'd be in PRISON! For pulling ALL those felonies!"

Anarchy laughs again, then sticks out her tongue. "And WHAT, you've still got that LAME sword? Didn't I TELL YOU! SWORDS ARE FOR NERDS!"

Then she fires off a barrage of fireworks. "Maybe I'll have to TAKE it from you! Teach you a LESSON!"

She charges forward, pointing the festive hand-cannon towards the other cyber-nerd like it was some kind of real weapon.

SSSSSSHINK!

Suddenly, her precious firework cannon is cut in two! Oh no! Who could have predicted that a crude gun that shoots fireworks was not the best thing to charge into melee range with?!

<Takanago> rolling to engage cyberboy also wagering my fireworks gun
<Takanago> .roll 2d6
<Platonibot> Takanago: 6 (2d6=2, 4)


Bye, fireworks gun...

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2016 around 16:53

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Park of DOOM

Whisperwind surveyed his surroundings. The stragglers were being dealt with to various levels of success, and their little caper was being wrapped up quite nicely. The only problem that still waited being dealt with was that huge golem dude. Whisperwind smiled. He had just the thing to take the creature's mind off the car, a thing that would also conveniently grant him the last word for the night in a little feud he'd been entangled in.

A whisper pierced the night, and the mind of the behemoth. It was similar in tone to that of Afterthought.

"Hi Roman, you big oaf. Why are you chasing some small fry carjacker when I've located the mastermind of this whole incident? This strange lady who just dropped from powerlines to the park. Try to be actually useful for once and charge her instead."

quote:

Theantero: Rolling distract to distract the Roman Behemoth from chasing our getaway.
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9 = 9

- You redirect their attention to someone else. (K'lyathi)
- You avoid further entanglement.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: -1 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Enraged | Location: Wrasslin' with Netherwrath

Netherwrath's words sunk home. Talking poo poo was her usual M.O. and, even so, that was a extremely low blow. There was nothing that Naomi wanted to see more than Netherwrath reduced into a fine paste. She may seem indestructible, but clearly that just meant she needed to try harder. Of course, the moment that she soars down to engage in some reconciliation of differences via hand-to-hand combat, the flighty broad leaps away.

Breaking Point's teeth grit together, sparking, as Netherwrath sailed through the air. Her gravity drive immediately leapt to full power as she quickly cut through the air behind her. "Where the hell do you think you're going, Netherwrath? I think we have some unfinished business to attend to."

Breaking Point clears Paranoid by coming down to face Netherwrath, who then immediately leaves. (per NW's cow/rebuke)

quote:

[08:12:53] <Tricky> Unleashing to meet up with PT and NW
[08:12:56] <Tricky> !roll 2d6+3
[08:12:58] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6+3 = 9 (+1 influence =
10)

Tricky fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2016 around 16:23

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -2 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

K'lyathi let out a surprised yelp as she was unceremoniously pushed out of the wires and into the human space. Uggggghhhhh what was going on now? Was it Whisperweed's plotting messing with her powers? Probably. It wouldn't surprise her. He obviously was sabotaging her this entire mission and making her look foolish. Even when helping her, he probably had an ulterior motive behind it too. After all, it wasn't like afterwards he stuck to mission. He went against Expatriot.

Still, K'lyathi had to take a lot in quickly and the first thing she noticed was Anarchy. Wow, Anarchy never failed to surprise K'lyathi with how crazy she is. Of course, she managed to get herself into a sticky situation. She really should stop having any expectations of humans. Still, the human that was fighting her seemed to be covered in cybernetics. With that in mind, she went to work with helping her. Mostly because she was one of the humans K'lyathi didn't entirely despise.

Some of the nanomachines that were on Anarchy.exe jumped onto Cyber Samurai and began burying themselves into his cybernetics. While K'lyathi instructed them to hack into and reroute his systems, she noticed out of the corner of her eye a large figure running towards her. A very large figure. Ugggggghhhhhhhh why did all this stuff keep happening to her? It was probably Whisperweed again, thinking it was funny to have such a large creature attack her. She wasn't going to fall for it. In fact, she was going to turn it against him! That'd show him!

"Why do you think you're going after me? The human in charge of this mission is over there! He goes by Whisperweed and he probably used some stupid magic on you to attack me! He's the one running this entire thing, not me! In fact, he's probably laughing at you now as he's making his getaway!"

K'lyathi continued to shout out things in an attempt to get him infuriated enough to focus his anger on Whisperweed. She wasn't going to take his machinations lightly. He was always against her from the beginning. He was a saboteur trying to bring her down and the team with her. She wasn't going to let him win.

Ever.

jimmydalad> Unleashing my powers to make up for anarchy's gently caress-up and hack into the guys' systems
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Theantero> sure, sure
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 6+3 = 9
Gonna have a temporary/unstable effect plz due to the big behemoth making his way over.

<jimmydalad> Gonna roll provoke on the guy to get him to go against Whisper instead
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+2 = 10

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2016 around 17:21

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 3/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis park

Phantom Thief relaxed as the illusion broke off. He holstered his taser gun again, noticing Expatriot in the distance, just as Breaking Point and Netherwrath landed next to him. He opened the doors and said:

"Strap in, girls! We're picking up Expatriot and then I'm outta here, because that contraption called Roman Behemoth is right behind me!"

Letting Netherwrath ride shotgun and Breaking Point go wherever (Can't she fly with us?) he then charged right for Afterthought and Expatriot. He could see it. This was his time to shine. He'd pull a sharp drift to go around Expatriot on the ground, swatting afterthought away with the car's side, then come to a grinding halt and throw the doors of sweet mechanical salvation open. He was thinking of a one-liner like "Get up, trooper!" or "Rise and shine!" or even a badass "Just doin' my job, miss." when he realized you can't exactly drift well on the grass and mud of a park on a rainy day, especially not when a Behemoth jumped out of the bushes.

quote:

<Deltasquid> if I wanna slam the getaway vehicle into Afterthought and open the doors for expatriot
<Deltasquid> that'd be a Directly Engage, right?
<Yamifenrir> yes
<Deltasquid> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 5 = 5
<Deltasquid> whelp
<Takanago> nice

So instead, all Phantom Thief managed to yell was "Oh zut alo-...!!"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Park of DOOM

As their getaway car made its grand entrance in the park, the very same place Whisperwind had directed the Roman Behemoth to get back at K'lyathi, the idle thought entered his mind that perhaps he should have lead the hulking brute somewhere else instead. But then he took one look towards K'lyathi who by the looks of it was trying to yell it into submission (haha like that could ever work!), and nodded to himself somewhat conceitedly.

"Haha."

"Yeah."

"Totally worth it."

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Doubting, Insecure, Paranoid | Location: Bloodlust Park

“Maybe next time, you keep your poo poo on lockdown so I don’t have to try and bleed off all that extra power.” Expatriot said, her tone heavy with exasperation. Elisabeth believed Netherwrath when she said there was no demon crawling around in her head and pulling her strings, but that didn’t change the source of her powers at all. Maybe there wasn’t anything with its fingers in her brain yet, but Liz always worried that when she pulled in so much of it she’d open the conduit up just enough for Something to plant a seed. As with so many things in life, the biggest advantages tended to carry similarly big risks.

She whipped her head to the side as she heard a motor gun, blinking at the sight of Phantom Thief bearing down on her in a Ford Mustang with a lumbering figure of stone and brass churning up earth as it ran after him at full speed. P.T. cut the wheel hard, pulling the hard into an uncontrolled skid. The broad side of the vehicle was swinging directly at her, and her reflexes kicked in. She jumped.

With a thud, she landed on the roof, gripping the gap where the window was rolled down.

“Hey.” She said, bending over as the car slewed from side to side on the loose mud, “I’m borrowing your gun.” She said, reaching in and grabbing the stock as the violent motion of the vehicle swung it her way. She swung the heavy thing out, adjusting the settings with a practiced hand to something that wouldn’t overheat the barrel with a single shot. For a man as technologically savvy as he is, it was apparent he didn’t know how to tune a VST-9k gauss rifle for operation in damp weather … he’d probably just wanted the maximum amount of stopping power he could get out of it.

It was probably the worst conditions she’d ever shot it, the downpour soaking through her uniform, her shooting platform rushing in a barely controlled swerve, and her target was moving at full speed towards them. It was moments like this where the superhuman reflexes, sense of balance, and ability to process visual information put the impossible into the realm of the solidly doable.

>FW-KAMB!< the long rifle bucked hard in her hands, a corona of lightning radiating from the barrel as electromagnets hurled a ferrous slug at supersonic speeds, hammering into the Roman Behemoth’s pumping knee in an attempt to trip him up and create an opportunity for Phantom Thief to outpace him. Expatriot’s knee thudded against the top of the roof, a groan reporting through her communicator as she let the barrel of the rifle drop, gripping her shoulder through the jacket where the recoil had hammered against the ribs Netherwrath had tenderized a second ago. She wasn’t doing that again.

[17:22] <JusticeGrieves> Directly Engaging the Roman Behemoth
[17:22] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+1
[17:22] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 7+1 = 8
Avoid their blows

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

:Siren: Heat level 5!!! :Siren: Things will get hairy very, very soon if you don't bail!

Phantom Thief

Looking fine and dandy!

Apart from the Roman Behemoth that's charging at you guys, AGAIN. Looks like Omega sent him right back after Whisperweed, which is too invisible for Roman Behemoth to really notice, so he went after you guys instead.

AGAIN. At the very least you know the Roman Behemoth you just got spooked by is a fake, but that just means Afterthought is at it again...


Ex-Patriot

You hit him square in the knees but he just keeps going! At the very least he stumbles so he charges past the car, but it didn't help much. Guy (or thing, who knows really) isn't human enough for kneecaps apparently.


Whisperwind

Yeah, it actually worked. Both of your ping-pong attempts. Fortunately, you're too unnoticeable for that to work. The Roman Behemoth just charges past you...

Wait a minute that's where the car is, fuuuck!

Speaking about leaving, Anarchy is still stuck on the train, and she's got an angry cyber samurai on her tail. Maybe you should do something about that.


Netherwrath

Aren't you forgetting something? Poor Mongo? I doubt it'll come back to you if you just leave it there, you know... Poor thing.

Unfortunately that train of thought gets interrupted by Breaking point buzzing past you and yelling at you.


Breaking Point

Your gravity engine proves far superior to Netherwrath's speed, and you make it to the car before her with ease, blocking the door. Putting you into the perfect position to bash her face in!


Anarchy.Exe

As he slashes your fireworks gun in half, you notice something. His sword is vibrating. Guy brought some serious upgrades along, apparently. Unfortunately, they're pointed at your squishy meatspace bits!

"Just shut up! If I don't hear your annoying, grating voice ever again, it won't be soon enough!"

Going for a slash to your knees, the sword suddenly stops.

"NOT AGAIN! I BOUGHT FIREWALLS AND EVERYTHING!" he whines as he suddenly starts shaking heavily and his body moves against his will.

Oh yeah, Omega! She saved your butt. Probably time to run! Seems like whatever she did won't last long!


Omega

It worked... for now. you can feel your nanomachines being expelled by something. Perhaps he has nanomachines of his own in there? Hard to tell. But yeah, it's high time to get Anarchy off that stupid train and into the getaway car.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 2
Temp Assets: Fireworks Gun

"AaaaaaaAAAAHH!" Anarchy actually screams for a second. Because, like who wouldn't when they're about to get their legs shortened by the power of high-frequency ultrasteel! But then he suddenly stops! Victory for Anarchy! "-AHHH! Ha! Ha ha!"

She jumps back, and then just starts pointing and laughing! "Ha ha! Ha ha! Owned! OWNED! You got OWNED! Cyberboy got OWNED! Ha ha!" Then she picks up her bag and starts running away. "See ya, sucker!"

"Hey!" Anarchy calls out over the radio. "Yo! Everybody! Wheres the escape? You guys did find a way to get me off this speeding train, right?! Well now's the time!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2016 around 15:22

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Park of DOOM

"Haha."

"Figures."

Whisperwind watched the fumbling of his allies with some amusement, and did in fact consider just standing still and watching how it would all unfold. Alas, he'd rather not wreck his ride home if he were able to prevent it, and having at least someone in the team ingratiated to him would probably serve him well in the... near future.

Besides, this was a perfect chance to screw with Afterthought a bit more. And that was not something he would ever miss if he could help it.

And so, a subtle compulsion was planted into the charging Behemoth's mind, one that took his attention to his good pal Afterthought, who was struggling with the ominously beeping mine still on his hat. Oh no! He was in clear danger! A true hero would prioritize saving their friends over chasing enemies, no? His big, rocky hands should easily be capable of sweeping the hat from the boy's hands, and his tough body could undoubtedly take the blow if he just dived on top of it.

Now naturally, Afterthought's dear, dear hat was a necessary casualty in all this. Whisperwind snickered, if the strange sharp wheezing sound that emenated from under his hood could be called that. However, as much as he'd love to see the events he pushed into motion unfold, there was still work to be done. Mainly, the nerd that he owed a favor to was still stuck in the train, and they could not really leave without her. A prime opportunity to deal with two issues at once.

With nary a sound, Whisperwind disappeared, and reappeared right behind Anarchy.

"Boo."

"Haha."

"Hey, hate to steal you away from your boyfriend like this", Whisperwind took one look at the trashing Cyborg in front of them, "But we really need to scram right about now."

"Haha."

"Also, try to be quiet."

He grabbed Anarchy by the waist, and prepared to translocate once more. Now of course, he had not done it with anybody else before, especially not anybody as loud as her. And taken the magical theory behind the function of his power, well, they probably should prepare for some turbulence.

quote:

Theantero: rolling to distract the Roman Behemoth
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9 = 9

- You redirect their attention to someone else. (Afterthought and the mine on him)
- You avoid further entanglement


quote:

Theantero: Mission: Rescue Anarchy with Abscond
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 5+2 = 7

- Reveal something you absconded with. (Anarchy!)

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2016 around 15:29

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

Ugh, of course, Whisperweed managed to find a way to get out of the situation. He was like the most aggravating, annoying, painful cockroach in the entire universe! Well, at least the thing wasn't going after her anymore. That was about the ONLY positive she could take from this situation. Why did humans always have to make things so difficult for her? They were all so dumb. Still, she needed to get away from this situation with the rest of them. She didn't really want to fight against any more heroes if she didn't have to. It'd be such a waste of time.

The problem, however, was trying to get away from the situation without being caught. She will be the first admit that she was not the stealthiest. Why would she need to be? She's K'lyathi Sil-Anurmsa. People should be in awe of her powers and nanomachines! Still, it would make getting away from this fiasco harder for her. Thinking fast, she came up with a plot. Sure, it could screw over Expatriot and the others close to her a bit, but they didn't matter as much as she did.

Some of the nanobots inside of Expatriot jumped off her and landed on the ground a few feet away. From there, they started to open fire with lasers in the general direction of the heroes. Hopefully, they would think that her ally had fired the lasers and not her. After all, she was all the way over here? How could she fire from there?

While the lasers were firing, K'lyathi took the opportunity to turn into her electrical form and jump into the car. Ugh, couldn't the Phantom Joke pick a better car to use to use as a getaway vehicle? This one was so ugly and not worthy of her presence. Still, she knew she couldn't complain too much. She needed to get away and this was her ticket to doing so. Even if it meant having to sit in the electronics of this dumb car.

<jimmydaladphone> Rolling to abscond from the situation
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 8-2 = 6
Going to spend Team selfishly to shift Trouble to -1 and Menace to -2, turning the roll into a success. Still gonna mark curses!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 2
Temp Assets: Fireworks Gun

"Pfft," Anarchy twists her head around to give Whisperwind a smug, crooked smirk. "Are you jeeeealous?!"

"Haha ha ha HA!" She laughs sharply at the idea, making it a bit harder to get a solid grip on her. "So WHAT, are you just gonna fly me away and rescue me now?"

"Ha ha ha!" The girl laughs again, then pulls her legs up in the air like she's ready to fly. This quickly forces her savior to suddenly support the entire weight of her body as her feet are no longer touching the ground. Ignoring this, or perhaps not even noticing the problem in the first place, Anarchy points one finger towards the sky and yells like a jockey commanding a racehorse. "Let's GO!"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Park of DOOM

"Haha", Whisperwind managed as he was suddenly supporting not only his own weight but the weight of his charge as well.

"You know, for the sake of your future rescuers you might want to drop of some the extra weight. For logistics sake you know?"

"And just so you're aware, I only asked you to be quiet because my magic might misfire and horribly mangle us both if you don't shut up."

Whisperwind let this thought sink in for a bit. Of course, he did not know if that was the case but it's not like he would waste the chance to make her panic at least a little bit.

"You know, just for your informa-"

And then they were gone.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +0 | Sup: -1 | Men: +2
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions:

Netherwrath looks smug as hell as everyone bailed into the getaway car. "Get a move on, I'll catch up!" She was here to be the loudest, most obvious threat in the room, and now it was time to live up to that hype!

Cyborg boy was twitching and spasming uncontrollably, so Netherwrath simply walked up and knocked him on the head. With a light-footed hop, she jumped up onto the monorail tracks, put two fingers in her mouth and let out a loud, piercing whistle audible even over the screams and wailing sirens. She smiled to herself as she heard a motorcycle rev off in the distance. There were still people around, though Netherwrath noticed with some satisfaction that the police were sticking to crowd control and evacuation - none of them had the stones to even try to engage her. "Hello, New Genesis! My name is Netherwrath, and you should consider this our official introduction! Remember what happened here next time y'all wanna gently caress with me!" The distant sound of a motorcycle engine rapidly became louder and louder.

Netherwrath flipped the crowds the double bird, then brought her foot down on the now quite damaged monorail tracks. The alloyed frame finally crumpled under the accumulated damage, collapsing a length of track and sending Netherwrath plummeting to the ground. But at the last possible second, Mongo came roaring around the corner, and she did a graceful somersault into its saddle. She took a moment to survey the devastation she'd wrought, and gave it an approving nod. "Eat poo poo, heroes!" She popped a wheelie as Mongo took off, leaving nothing but charred asphalt and echoes of maniacal laughter in her wake.

[17:45] Green_Bean Seize Victory:
[17:45] Green_Bean !roll 2d6
[17:45] Krysmbot Green_Bean, 11 = 11

Netherwrath takes one infamy.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis park

"Très bien! Nice shot, Expatriot!"

Roman Behemoth narrowly missed the escape vehicle, and Phantom Thief deftly got the car back under control, then floored it. He threw a quick glance over his shoulder to see who was where, and-

Did Netherwrath get out? At least Expatriot was in here. Where was Omega? In the dashboard? Huh? He got confused but didn't press the matter. Breaking Point was flying around, probably, he didn't need to look for her. Or maybe she got on the backseat by now. Whoever was present better hold on to their butts!!

"Are Anarchy and Whisperwind still on the train? I don't think I can fetch them, sorry, boss."

quote:

<Deltasquid> anyway, rolling to abscond with the team:
<Deltasquid> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 7+2 = 9

Some projectile of sorts narrowly missed the car, and at an intersection, various teenage heroes appeared from the front and right. Phantom Thief made a hard veer to the left, skidding tires all the while, the smell of burnt rubber creeping up into the car. He was glad the roads were wet and cold now; a tire might have exploded on a sunny summer day from the friction of his reckless driving. Some kid with a cape on a hoverboard almost slammed into the car, then a few regular old police cars chased them.

He gave Expatriot a manic grim. "Don't you just feel so alive when everyone is trying to get you?" He said before driving into a parking lot at full speed to dodge a police roadblock that had hastily been erected in front of them.

Finally, a few strong superheroes appeared at the far end of the boulevard he was now speeding on. "Ah, merde! Those guys are real adult professionals, all golden age style! I must take a detour, or we will encounter them in an open fight!"

He saw a roadblock in front of an access tunnel that read something along the lines of "Warning: constructions in progress". He crashed through the planks and into the tunnel. Some fast superheroes, along with Roman Behemoth (Still there??) chased them down the tunnel. It was dark, but at least it was wide down here. He weaved and dodged in between the pillars supporting the tunnel during the repairs form whatever calamity or disuse had weathered them, and yelled: "Expatriot, shoot the support beams with the gauss rifle! Utterly dismantle this place and bury them in the rubble!"

quote:

<Deltasquid> then, to provoke her into blowing up the tunnel with the gauss rifle
<Deltasquid> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 3+1 = 4
<Deltasquid> lol
<Yamifenrir> eh, she'll probably agree anyway
<Yamifenrir> it's a sensible plan
<Deltasquid> actually it should be +2 because I hold influence over her but eh
<Deltasquid> she can get mad at me and impose a condition on me for being so uppity

He revved up the engine, pushing it to its absolute limit. It was now smoking underneath the hood, and he knew it was all going to go up in flamed with a terrible "pop!" noise before they could shake these heroes off. If they stopped here, they were done for. All he could hope was to close the tunnel behind them and drive the car into the maze underneath the city, and hopefully out again before it got totaled.

He gripped the steering wheel, the engine was hitting red degrees, bits and pieces of the chassis dropped from the car like a mechanical piñata, heroes fired all sorts of beams and energy at them, he could feel his heart pounding under his chest, in his throat, as if it were about to burst out, and he muttered under his breath: "I could have spent today at home, drinking wine and watching an Italian movie."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: -1 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Enraged | Location: The Back Seat

Breaking Point seethed in the back seat of the Mustang, her gravity drive the only thing keeping the weight of her chassis from crushing the back half of the vehicle. She was barely paying attention to the chaos surrounding her. She needed to break something. She needed to break someone. The car swerved into the tunnel. Phantom Thief was yelling something to Expat. Probably something dumb and French. That was his shtick, right? Being dumb and French? Breaking Point growled, "Shut up, you idiots! Focus on driving, Frenchie, I've seen what it looks like when you try and park."

To punctuate her point, her hands shot out and knocked over a pair of pillars as the car slipped between them. That seemed to have been the final straw. The tunnel's ceiling shuddered behind them and started to collapse.

quote:

[16:08:22] <Tricky> Breaking Point is gonna wreck up the tunnel behind them (Unleashing Powers)
[16:08:29] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[16:08:31] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+3 =
11

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Doubting, Insecure, Paranoid | Location: Park >>> Underground Tunnels

“Tch…” Expatriot made a disgruntled sound as she watched the stone giant stagger and veer slightly off course, but not trip and faceplant into the mud. She was going to need a bigger slug, and one travelling at lower velocity if she wanted that trick to work. Really, the idea of doing more than trying to make him stumble hadn’t entered her mind, if not for his increased density she wouldn’t have even reached for such a high caliber solution.

Still, once she was aboard, Phantom Thief managed to get the vehicle under control again. Once he hit a straightaway and started accelerating, Expatriot swung her body over the roof, sliding in through the window and into the passenger seat with a heavy thud. She closed the window behind her, not wanting to get the interior too soaked, though honestly as fast as they were going the rain may as well have been following horizontally. She listened appreciatively to the throaty growl of the engine as P.T. tried to push the gas pedal through the floor of the car.

She inclined her head slightly, the glow of her visor showing that she was casting him a sidelong glance as he asked her if she felt the exhilaration of the chase. She felt like death warmed over, adrenaline was probably the only thing keeping her from curling up into a ball and wishing it was over, and she was studiously ignoring the fact that Netherwrath’s grandstanding was only likely to give them more pursuers.

“It brings back memories.” She said tersely, referring to the last time she’d gotten involved in a chase with him. She turned her head back to road in front of them, just to be slammed back into her seat as he hit the brakes and swerved for the tunnel entrance. She tapped a few switches along the side of her visor, bringing up the local map of tunnels Breaking Point had told them about so she could keep track of their position without the benefit of landmarks.

As Breaking Point stretched her over-sized arms out along the sides of the car to tear down the supports for the tunnel that was under construction, she twisted in her seat, looking behind the car and making certain that Netherwrath managed to speed up and outpace the tons of tumbling concrete. If they were lucky, this part of the tunnel wasn’t directly under a building, she didn’t want to try and consider how much carnage that might wreak.

Of course, if Netherwrath could make it, there was a chance someone else might as well.

Yup, just along for the ride this turn.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

Great work! The tunnel collapses just as Iron Angel tries to fly after you, narrowly avoiding getting crushed by the debris. With that, you are now out of pursuers, and make it back to the base unmolested!

Save for Whisperwind and Anarchy.exe, who are still stuck back there! ... Or are they!?

With a loud yell and a lot of noise, suddenly you can hear Anarchy yelling, " - GO!" in the trunk.

Also some weird groans.


Anarchy.Exe and Whisperweed

You pop into a dark and unfamiliar place... that's really tight. In fact, watch where those hands go, Whisperwind, before Anarchy.Exe accuses you of anything untoward!

A moment later, once Anarchy.Exe stopped yelling like a madman, you can hear the other's voices. And you realize you're moving. Which would place you... in the trunk of the car. Greaaaat.



Do take a gander and guess Whisperwind's Secret Agenda! You guys are supposed to accuse him off it more, and guess what it is. Makes the move more fun.

Netherwrath don't forget the Infamy from Seizing victory!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2016 around 14:56

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Trunk of DOOM

"Haha."

"Not even the worst trunk I've ever been in."

Whisperwind shifted around awkwardly, that illusory face of his setting an unnerving image in the darkness as it bopped around with his movements, until it fell towards where Anarchy was laying and became still.

"Huh, would you know? You're not actually bad looking in the right lighting", he stated in the pitch blackness.

"Haha."

"But anyway, I thought that went pretty well, considering. You agree, no?"

Unbeknownst to Anarchy, that last little question was tainted by the slightest seed of compulsion. A compulsion for the motor mouth to reveal a bit more about herself than she had intended...


quote:

Theantero: Piercing Anarchy's mask
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 5+2 = 7

I pick:
-How could I gain Influence over you?

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2016 around 15:45

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Trunk of DOOM | Cards: 2
Temp Assets: Fireworks Gun

"Huh?" Anarchy asks, clearly expecting to be rocketing through the sky rather than just suddenly appearing... here. "Is this dimensional space?! Or-"

She actually goes quiet for a moment, and listens to both what Whisper has to say and whatever noises are going on outside. "Trunk?! What are we doing in a trunk?!" Even when she talks, she's not that loud. Must be because of how cramped the space is... or just how close Whisper is.

It takes her a second to actually get the joke about her looking good in the right lighting. "Oh, what, are you actually hitting on- Wait. HEY!"

Anarchy sends a quick kick backwards, in Whisper's direction, then rolls away from him. As much as she can, at least, in these cramped conditions.

"Haha. Haha." She repeats back Whisprweed's dumb laugh, sarcastically, and then makes a 'blehhhh' face like she's grossed out. "Nice 'joke', dumbo."

Then she makes a smug, self-satisfied look. "I know what happened in the control car. You screwed it up, didn't you? You probably pulled a stunt like you did back at the apartment. But why? Oh, I know why!" Her smile grows wider, and even smugger. "It's obvious, you know! The way you act around Bee-Pee, K'lya, and me. You just can't resist the charms of girls that are smarter than you! You've got a serious crush!"

Anarchy hits Whisper in the arm. "I'm right, aren't I? Hitting the nail right on the head. You don't know how to handle our beautiful, charming brains and so you just go around teasing us until you get the crap beaten out of you!"

Anarchy is accusing Whisperwind of having a secret agenda: He screwed up the mission because he has a thing for smart girls and only knows how to express it by teasing them.

Theantero posted:

I pick:
-How could I gain Influence over you?

Here's an idea: "You're not wrong Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee, but- The truth actually is... I like you the most."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Trunk of DOOM

The trunk, surprisingly enough, is quiet for a bit. Whisperwind seemed to be strangely lacking in his usual snide comebacks as his illusionary face flickered out of being.

"..."

"Oh. You always were the smart one, weren't you?"

Whisperwind grins in the dark, "I thought I hid my trails pretty well, too. But I guess sometimes you just get outplayed, huh?"

Whisperwind's hand 'accidentally' brushed against Anarchy's arm as he repositioned to face her, the face still faded from view.

"Pretty cruel of you to mock my my laugh though, I'm fond of it."

"Haha."

"Just joking, I don't actually mind. You know why?"

Edging a bit closer to Anarchy in the darkness, Whisperwind's power made his movements slip her attention until he was really quite close. Close enough for Anarchy to feel the heat from his face as he whispered into her ear.

"Because I think you don't actually mind either~"

Whisperwind pulled back, his illusionary face once more in its proper place. In fact, the grin seemed even wider than usual.

"Haha."

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

At least the humans did something correct for once. K'lyathi did not enjoy having to sit in the dumb radio. It was so archaic and boring and offensive to her sensibilities. Still, there were some things she could take pleasure from. For one thing, it seemed like they left Whisperweed behind. Good. Let that traitor suffer, the one who dared insult her capabilities and blatantly acting against the wishes of the team. It unfortunately meant that Anarchy was left behind as well, which slightly displeased her, but sacrifices had to be made for the good of the team and her sani-

Oh, come on.

Of course he had teleportation. Why couldn't he stop being the most aggravating, annoying, infuriating and petulant rat? At least Anarchy was with him. That, and the horrible music that was playing in the car was putting K'lyathi in a seriously bad mood. This was something that she had to rectify immediately. Since she was now part of the radio system, K'lyathi started to flip through the radio channel, trying to find one that was most like the music back at her home. Humans had such terrible taste.

Eventually, K'lyathi found a channel that was closest to the music that she listened to at home and blasted it in the car.

Death metal.

<jimmydaladphone> Going to roll unleash powers to forcibly change radio stations and prevent anyone else from changing it or turning it off
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 9+3 = 12

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Trunk of DOOM

Whisperwind's illusionary face twisted into an almost comical frown as the EXCESSIVELY LOUD music blasted the car, but underneath his hood he could not help but smile. Another day, another chance at petty comebacks, another chance to make K'lyathi look like a fool in front of everyone.

"Sheesh", he said to Anarchy, "So annoying. Just wait a sec as I put her on her place, so we can focus on things other than her crappy taste in music."

With an unheard incantation, he caused the sound blaring from the speakers to quiet down to imperceptible levels.

"Haha," rang a whisper in the cabin.

"Hey K'lyathi? Don't they teach etiquette at Space Princess school? The driver is the one who chooses what we listen to."

"Ah, who am I kidding. You being a boorish yokel with no sense of manners does not surprise me at all."

"Haha."

Whisperwind turned back to Anarchy. "Sorry about that."

"Haha."

quote:

Theantero Rolling Unleash to make the radios be silent
Theantero !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot Theantero, 10+1 = 11

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis Tunnel of Love

Phantom Thief sighed in relief as the tunnels collapsed behind them, and apparently no heroes had outrun the debris. He eased on the pedals of the car, making sure to gradually descend into a comfortable cruising speed.

"That was quite something! Look, boss. My hands are shaking from the excitement." He pressed his head against the seat and exhaled loudly. "What a rush!"

They drove in silence for a few beats. He cleared his throat, and wondered: "Say, Ex-patriot. I was wondering if-"

The eurobeats music was suddenly replaced by a harsh, shrill noise that might as well have come from a construction yard, but passed as music these days. Phantom Thief scrambled to change the channel, and when he deemed this to somehow not work, lowered the volume to the absolute maximum minimum. (I'm stupid.)

"Aha, sorry about that. I'm not entirely certain what just happened. I was wondering if-"

The volume went up again. This was when he realized Omega was somehow influencing the radio, forcing her lack of taste onto everyone as some macabre torture for whatever reasons her sickly alien mind had conjured this time. He slammed the dashboard with his fist: "Cease your headache-inducing noise, you xenofreak!"

To his surprise, the radio was silenced a few seconds afterwards.

"Huh, that worked. Okay."

He made a wide, controlled turn left at the T-bone at the end of the tunnel. He wasn't sure where this was going, but it was wider and higher than the previous one, so probably it was a main access tunnel of sorts. It'd probably lead somewhere, eventually.

Phantom Thief sheepishly looked to his side, but as always, Expatriot's mask hid her eyes and mouth. It was so difficult to know what she was thinking. It slightly upset him.

"I was wondering if... You know, I came across an Italian place on Sunrise Boulevard that looked positively exquisite. I was wondering if you'd care to try it out with me later this week?"

He shot a quick glance at her, but the mask still made it impossible to know whether she was interested or not.

Feeling he had to add something to sweeten the deal, and maybe to precise that this was kind of sorta a date, maybe, he added: "My treat, of course."

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2016 around 17:33

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

And of course, Whisperweed had to try and teach her a lesson about human rules. Dumb human rules, she might add. Plus he was actively trying to subvert her power. Of course he had to, after all, that's all he's here for. K'lyathi was ready, though. She had spent so much time messing around with Whisperweed's brain during this mission that it was almost second nature to mess with it. It didn't take long to find the pain receptors and send frequent electric shocks into them.

After a few moments, the music returned to its original volume. She was happy that it was also annoying the Phantom Joke in particular. If she could laugh now, she would be. He was an incompetent fool who only made things tougher on the mission with his antics. The only thing he did was provide the escape vehicle for people who couldn't run away themselves. She didn't need to rely on such ancient technology. It was their fault if they didn't have the capabilities to be as good as she was.

Anyone who tried to change the volume would find that K'lyathi would just turn the volume back up. Partly due to enjoying the music and partly because she wanted to irritate everyone. This mission had been stressful for her. Messing with humans was an activity that she found particular enjoyment with.

<jimmydaladphone> Roll to directly engage whisper to punish him for his crimes.
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 12+2 = 14
Going to Resist/Avoid blows and take away his control over the volume of the music.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Trunk of DOOM | Cards: 2
Temp Assets: Fireworks Gun

"..." Anarchy blushes for a moment, and as she is over by a silent, and quite obviously charmed, glee. She lies there quietly for a moment, with a grin plastered on her face that's maybe even wider than one she's ever shown before.

Then, as the sound of metal interrupts the moment, her quiet glee turns instantly into a very LOUD and MANIACAL joy. "HehehEHEHEhahahaHAHAHA!" She is overcome with a fit of wild, full-body laughter as every part of her seems to convulse with manic hysteria!

"Hahaha... Ha... Ha..." Eventually she seems to wear herself out and she comes down from her maniacal high. Still seeming to not quite know what to do herself, she crosses her arms in front of her chest and holds onto her own shoulders.

"...You still can't help it, can you? " Anarchy leans her head forward and puts on a look of playful, mock-concern. "Poor Whisper... Just can't resist a-"

And then they were interrupted. Again.

Anarchy gives Whisper influence on her.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Trunk of DOOM

Whisperwind was about to respond as another EXCESSIVELY LOUD noise interrupted him, blasting straight through his charm and hitting his eardrums like a jackhammer, before subsiding down to lesser, still annoyingly loud levels.

Bah. She could have her victory for now if she so wanted it.

For now.

marking Curses!

Shaking K'lyathi from his mind for now, Whisperwind begun to address Anarchy again as the car suddenly made a wide turn, tumbling the two back passengers a bit, conveniently depositing them in a neat little tangle.

"Haha", Whisperwind laughed as he made no particular attempt to disentangle.

"You're right."

"I just can't resist~"

quote:

Theantero: Whisperwind is getting a Mighty Blow in the car trunk
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 4 = 4

Actually 5 because I forgot Paranoid

Got Curses! from this one (noted in the text above)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: -1 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Enraged | Location: The Back Seat

Breaking Point took a deep breath, finally having calmed down a bit after breaking the tunnel. There were some shenanigans with the radio, but the only thing that captured her attention were the shenanigans happening in the trunk of the car. Anarchy and Whisperwind? Flirting? Right here? Right now? Oh, that would not stand. He may think that she had forgotten how he had dared to discard her, but she had not. She never would.

Her hand peeled back the trunk, exposing the tangled pair to the light of the tunnel. Her eyes glowed red as she pulled Whisperwind out of the trunk. Her fist slowly started to squeeze around him as she glared at him. BP growled, "You have a lot of nerve pulling lines like that, Whisperwind. Did you think I forgot about our last 'date'? Thanks for standing me up, you inconsiderate rear end in a top hat. Take it from me, Anarchy, this one isn't worth it. You can do a lot better than this piece of trash."

She dropped him back into the trunk, head-first.

quote:

[10:14:59] <Tricky> Directly engaging Whisperwind with emotional baggage!
[10:15:02] <Tricky> !r 2d6+4
[10:15:04] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+4 =
11

Resisting his barbs/blows; taking away his romantic credibility by bringing up some relationship baggage!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Trunk of DOOM

Whisperwind sneered under his hood as he was hung by his collar. What WAS it with these insane broads!? He out of anyone could appreciate screwing with other people's plans but frankly this was getting ridiculous. One day he'd get them back.

They'd see.

marking Curses!

"Hah-" Whisperwind was dropped back into the trunk with a clonk.

"..ow."

He propped himself up, not being capable of fully standing due to the hulking mecha looming over them.

"Yeah, I did in fact call it quits with you", Whisperwind made a personal note that the whole affair had stuck into Breaking Point's mind better than he had though. Would explain her antagonism.

"Can you take a guess why, Ms. 'crazy ex who just literally ripped me from a moving car because I'm seeing somebody else now'?"

"Haha."

"Seriously though, did not think you were this clingy."

quote:

Theantero: Whisperwind gets yet another Powerful Blow from one of the ladies
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 5+1 = 6

Got Curses! from this one (noted in the text above)

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Doubting, Insecure, Paranoid | Location: Underground Tunnels

Expatriot sighed slightly once the car had driven out from under the expanding cracks that indicated the roof was going to collapse on top of them, sinking low in her chair until her knees pressed up against the glovebox. If she hadn’t felt the car suddenly sag with the additional weight of the rest of the team, the sound of Anarchy.exe’s voice reached her heightened sense of hearing over the sound of the engine, the music, the wheels on the road, and the echoing of the collapse that seemed to race to keep up with them in these tight confines. There was no way she could hear Whisperwind over all of that, but context clues told her that he was there. She turned her head to the side, just barely able to see over the door as the watched the yellow running lights of the tunnel strobe by as they rushed through the empty tunnel.

“Mn.” She made a small sound of acknowledgement as he showed her his red gloved hand, trembling slightly when he took it away from his death grip on the steering wheel. Behind her visor, her eyes half-lidded as she made a snap judgement of her cohort: adrenaline junkie. She started to turn her head away again when he cleared his throat, prompting her to quirk an eyebrow at him.

And then the radio decided to kick her square between the eyes.

With senses as finely tuned as Expatriot’s own, the abrupt blast of death metal coming from the car was nearly as bad as the shot Netherwrath had given her. She clutched the sides of her head, pressing the cushioning from the ear protectors of her mask hard over her ears in an attempt to dampen the sound as he quickly turned the sound down. Hearing the sound come down, she lightened her grip a bit, just in time for a renewed blast of harsh music hit her. She swore, it sounded like someone was torturing a parrot for the track’s vocals. As the sound dipped back down once more, she reluctantly let go of the ear cuffs, a bead of sweat trickling down her forehead as she took a few deep breaths. She started fumbling for something in her pocket, when she became dimly aware that Phantom Thief was trying to talk to her through the ringing in her ears.

“I…what?” she asked, seeming somewhat confused for a moment. It took her a second to reconstruct the thrust of what he’d been saying as she hadn’t been paying him much attention. His sense of timing was lousy. On one hand, sure, they’d somehow managed to pull out a win, in spite of all the backbiting incompetence and infighting. On the other, she was pissed off, hurt all over, was still mourning over the shambled ruin of her “easy job”, and was very much trying to figure out if she should just get the hell out before the rest of her team got her killed. Romance was, in all ways, the very furthest thing from her mind. She could barely manage to be pleased they weren’t all dead right now.

“P.T.,” she started, pausing for a moment, just in time for the radio to spike again. She had to shout to be heard over it, and even then she wasn’t sure she was being heard properly, “I’M LIKE FOUR YEARS OLD, MAN. THAT’S KINDA MESSED UP.” She plugged the headphone jack in her pocket back into her visor, the music function triggering the ear protector’s sound cancelling features. It wasn’t nearly enough to blot out the music, but at least it blunted it somewhat.

If the car wasn’t so nice, she’d probably have just torn the damned radio out of the control panel on general principle.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Tro: -1 | Sup: -1 | Men: +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: Enraged | Location: The Back Seat

Breaking Point's gaze turned icy, "Yeah. We're done now. Normal people don't end a relationship by standing you up, trying to ghost out of your life, and then pretending they don't know you when you end up on the same team of BRANCH. Enjoy your new love life, wish you all the best, and I hope you die in a horrific fire. Though given your track record with most of the team so far, I feel like the latter is by far the most likely."

She turned back to the front of the car, pointedly ignoring the pair in the trunk.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

While K'lyathi certainly took enjoyment on how Breaking Point was tearing into Whisperweed. Still, the music in the background gave time for K'lyathi to put things together. She was so sure that Whisperweed had been doing something that required him to go against the mission. She wasn't sure what that thing was. However, there were words that were coming back to her about what Whisper had said before.

The music stopped suddenly as K'lyathi's voice reverberated around the car.

"I believe that throughout this mission, Whisperweed has been pursuing something that required him to go against Expatriot's orders. I also feel like that thing has to do with me. He obviously was annoyed from before and wanted his revenge. I know he's been wanting to get information on all of us for his own gains and I feel like this mission was the perfect time for him to do so. He said by his own admission that he thought that I was actively planning against him. So, obviously, he's been trying to get as much information on me as he can. I also believe he's been actively jeopardizing me this mission and making me look like incompetent in everyone's eyes. After all, all of my actions were made to stop whatever he was doing. Obviously, he wanted me to not put my full focus on this mission. It's his fault it all went crazy!"

While she couldn't help but sound a bit rambly towards the end, K'lyathi still spoke with strong conviction. After letting her accusations sink in, she continued to blast death metal music.

I'm accusing Whisperweed of having the vendetta of collecting information on K'lyathi and trying to make her look incompetent on the mission!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Trunk of DOOM

"Haha", came a voice from the trunk.

"Those are some heavy accusations right there. But alas, as much as I'd like to have been actively screwing you over this mission, the only things there that jeopardized anything or anyone were your paranoia and over-inflated sense of self worth. Not everything orbits around you, no matter how much you might think otherwise."

"Haha."

"Really, if it weren't for your constant violent outbursts you'd be almost too insignificant for notice."

Beneath his bluster however, Whisperwind could not help but frown. How was she this well informed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +2 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: New Genesis Tunnel of Love Despair

quote:

<Deltasquid> going to chew out Expatriot a bit for making PT feel gross for hitting on a technically 4 year-old
<Deltasquid> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Deltasquid, 4+1 = 5
<Deltasquid> lol
<KittyEmpress> owned
Marking curses! and leveling.

He didn't know why, but Expatriot's sidestepping of his offer for dinner struck a particular heartstring. "Oh. I had momentarily... Forgotten about that. Forgive me."

He slowly pulled the car over at group of ladders next to a defunct elevator towards the surface, then got out. Slouching forward, his arm through the now open window, he leaned on the door and spoke to Expatriot: "Listen, I know my proposition just now was poorly timed. But I think we've had a rough day and we pulled off a fairly difficult job, all things considering. We can unwind now and then, you know?" He did a small jiggly movement with his free hand, showing a disarming, open palm. "We don't have to be all business, all the time. Just my two francs."

He walked over to the trunk and opened it. He looked at Whisperwind and sighed: "Women, am I right?" Then, looking at Anarchy: "I didn't know you had a type, though." He winked and gave a teasing smile.

"Anyway, this is my stop. I estimate the manhole above us is located near the Westside Mall. I'll change into civvie clothes in a bathroom there. Whisperwind, you want to go grab some drinks?"

A good Cognac sounded like heaven now. And some downtime to just do guy stuff and not think about evil for a while. This mall had an arcade, if he recalled.

With one hand on the ladder to the surface already, he remembered something and asked Expatriot: "That reminds me, will we celebrate this at the penthouse later? If so, I'm bringing Camembert and Côte du Rhone."

And then he climbed up.

He had a lot of thoughts to process. Expatriot hadn't straight up said "no", which should have comforted him, but... the disgust in her voice. Was it the timing of his offer? Did she really consider herself just four years old? Or was she just so repulsed by him personally?

The thought disturbed him, so he simply stopped thinking about it. Instead, he reaffirmed his resolve. He wanted to be a Gentleman thief, and he had the "thief" part down, but his archetype was woefully incomplete. He realized he had, for a lack of better word, failed to "train" his gentleman skills. He'd start right now, until he got it down just right.

Picking the Rogue move A Dame to Kill For, with Theantero's permission.

quote:

□ A Dame to Kill For
When you manipulate the affections of someone, roll +Trouble. On a hit, they are smitten (or otherwise admiring) of you. On a 10+, take Influence on them. On a 7-9, they choose one.
- Give you Influence on them.
- Mark a condition.
- Give themselves to you and make themselves vulnerable.

  • Locked thread
«13 »