Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: Outside the Mansion

The shock ripped through Breaking Point and knocked her gravity drive offline. She crashed to the ground, causing quite a bit of an impact as the full weight of her chassis hit the ground. She silently swore and triggered the auto-repair subroutines. It should be a simple matter to reboot the gravity drive, especially with the latest updates integrated from the previous mission.

quote:

[11:49:19] <Tricky> BP's auto-repair rides again! (Unleash to overcome system crash)
[11:49:23] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[11:49:29] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 9+3 =
12

And, as expected, she was airborne in short order. This relay was a wash. Time to head back to the mansion and interface with the situation directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Mansion of DOOM and also cars

Whisperwind performed an overwrought salute as the head guard left in an indignant huff, after which he took the liberty of pocketing some of the higher tech security stuff laying around. And then he was off, waltzing into the mansion, his hoodied, hands-in-pockets persona forming a stark contrast with the fancily decorated milieu.

"Haha", the comms crackled.

"Since I am in early, I suppose you guys won't mind if I take a little detour again? We certainly don't want to make such a huge hassle of it like we did last time, right boss?"

And indeed, Whisperwind didn't waste time in stealing whatever seemed the most antique or valuable. However, he was very much constrained by the limits of his carrying capacity. He didn't have one of those fancy pouches that PT did, after all. So if he wanted to have a good natured little competition with him, he'd just have to make up for quantity with quality...

"Hey Jeeves", he said to the most important looking servant he could find, not even bothering to hide his little lootbag. Not like there was any need, with his powers. "So I'm John the Guard, and I was kinda ordered to go guard that most valuable thing in this mansion that somebody could conceivably steal, since the boss was kinda worried it might be taken, especially by that ghostly new thief in the news called 'Whisperwind' who's apparently impossible to spot or catch. So clearly extra security is needed to thwart such a dastardly supervillain."

"But you know, since I'm a bone-headed, unsophisticated moron, I've gone and forgotten where the thing is!" Whisperwind performed a highly theatrical shrug, his illusionary rictus flickering as he snickered under his breath. "So Jeeves, I was kind of hoping you could take me there. Really sorry for bothering you like this. Feel free to cut our pay for our clear incompetence."

quote:

Theantero: Hey Jeeves, WW's Provoking you to lead him to some TREASURE
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 11 = 11
Actually, I just realized my condition gives me a -2 on Provoke, so that is a 9 instead. I use my Infamy to give myself a +1 by boasting about how great Whisperwind is to make it a 10.

OOC: WW wants the head butler or chief of staff or whatever high ranking servant he finds to take him to the most valuable thing that somebody could potentially steal from the mansion.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 14, 2016 around 21:59

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +1 | Sup: -2 | Men: +2
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions:

Netherwrath laughed joyfully. "Oh thank god, I was worried this would be boring!" The van was tight quarters, which meant guns would be extra dangerous. At least, if Netherwrath weren't already bulletproof; she started smashing faces into other faces with abandon!

Green_Bean:
Netherwrath directly engaging:
!roll 2d6+2
Krysmbot:
Green_Bean, 6+2 = 8
Green_Bean:
yay

Netherwrath will avoid a counterattack.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 4/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard
Deck: 3 -> 2 Cards

"Hmmmmmmmm?"

As a heap of data comes in, Anarchy ducks behind a fancy topiary to give her a chance to keep up with it all. There was a whole bunch of information coming from K'lyathi, a whole bunch more coming from her own spy systems, and more than a few things just coming over the team's radio chatter.

"Hey Bee-Pee, yo heads up there's a tech crew heading your way," Anarchy pipes up, giving a fairly standard courtesy notice. Doing about the least she's obligated to do, before she focuses on the real juicy meat in front of her.

code:
Package delivery inbound. ETA: 20 minutes. Make sure you're ready. I don't want a repeat of last time.
What the HECK is this??? It's not just some late night pizza delivery, right?! (What could even go wrong with a pizza delivery? What would a repeat of last time look like? Okay that's actually kind of funny to imagine, but- Oh, FOCUS Anarchy!) Of COURSE it has to be something important! From someONE important! Right? OF COURSE! But- THIS wasn't part of the plan, was it?! This guy was just supposed to be some dumbo who inherited some cool stuff? He shouldn't be part of some conspiracy, right?!

Anarchy could feel a lump forming in her throat. A distinctly bad feeling.

She NEEDED to know more about this. If SOMEONE'S gonna ruin this plan with a big conspiracy and an unexpected delivery then AT LEAST Anarchy should be the first to know who it is before they do. Because of course they're gonna ruin it, right? Because it's not part of the PLAN! And the Plan is everything.

Luckily, making sure she knows is something that's well within her skillset. Who's better at Information Warfare than everybody's favorite lovable hacker, Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee?! Well there was that AI once, but- NOBODY!

Anarchy laughs a pointless giggle at herself, as if there's anybody listening. And as if it matters. Then with a very over-the-top motion, she raises her finger in the air and brings it crashing down on her wristpad.

Beep. The device makes a soft, anticlimactic noise.

code:
TRACING TEXT COMMUNICATION.
PROGRESS...............0.1%
As the trace starts, Anarchy can start to feel a tiny fraction of her newfound dread lift off her chest. But still something about the whole thing feels very off. And there's a distracting thought, too. Something related to someone else entirely.

Whisper's been teasing the other girls a lot again this mission. And- is that out of the ordinary? He does do that a lot in general. But you'd think he might do that less now that he's with you now, Anarchy. Or maybe you're just overthinking it. Or- maybe not? You did figure him out back in the trunk. Or did you...?

There's a bunch of muddled back-and-forth in Anarchy's mind as a whole bunch of half-formed hypotheses try to compete to try and figure out what the deal with her boyfriend is. But none of them really come out on top, and the only feeling that really emerges is that she doesn't know.

Maybe she should just ask.

With a small frown starting to form on her face, Anarchy switches over to a private comms channel and calls up Whisper.

"Hey, Sweetie..." Anarchy's voice trails off uncharacteristically, giving a clear hint that she's feeling off about something. "I-! I couldn't help but- um..."

Anarchy gives a loud sigh. "Hey, can we talk? It kinda seems you're... acting kind of weird. Or not weird, I guess- it's not weird for you, but- It's JUST-" She groans, pretty clearly annoyed with how her words aren't coming out right. Which is also pretty uncharacteristic of her. "It seems like- like you're still teasing other girls a lot. I mean, like K'lyathi and Bee-Pee and Ex-Pee. And..."

"Why?!" Anarchy raises her voice a little bit. "I mean, we both know why you like to tease them so much, right?!"

Anarchy grits her teeth and makes a troubled face. Whisper should know that, right?! Anarchy TOLD him why, last mission. When they were.. so close together in the trunk. He teases girls because he likes them! And yet...

"But now that we're together, I thought you'd tone it down..."

---

quote:

Anarchy spends a card and marks Insecure to activate The Maniac's Flash move, which allows me to ask the MC one question re: the caper and get an honest answer.

My question is: Who sent the text?

quote:

<Takanago> Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee is piercing Whisper's mask
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Takanago: 6 (2d6+2=2, 2)

Haha.

Anarchy marks Curses!

quote:

Anarchy is following up her pierce /w Accusing WW of having the following Agenda:

Whisper's agenda for this mission is to hit on/tease other girls behind Anarchy's back.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Mansion of DOOM and also cars

A slightly uncomfortable silence hung on the channel for a bit.

"Haha", Whisperwind laughs, though the usual cutting edge of it seems to be strangely missing. It seems a bit awkward, almost.

"Look, honey. Teasing is a multi-purpose tool you know? K'lyathi's biggest weakness is her hair trigger temper, and I got to keep her on edge in case I ever need to take advantage of that. For instance, just a couple moments ago I really would have liked her to stage a distraction, but she managed to keep her cool. I can't have that. No way am I attracted to her or any of the other girls here. I just like to keep them guessing you know."

The private channel carries a silent little smooching sound. "You know you're the only one for me, honey~"

quote:

Theantero: guess I should Known Unknown Anarchy
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 3+2 = 5

Can't hide my ~heart~ from my GF~

Marking Curses!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 4/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard
Deck: 2 Cards

"Ehehe," Anarchy giggles, instantly deflating any tension that might have been left in the conversation.

"Oh, how could I have underestimated such a cute little mastermind like you. Or- did I say underestimate? I mean you passed the test! Of course I was just testing you. Because we both know that I'm the real mastermind, right~? I would never fall for such a simple trick!"

"Hahaha!"

"Don't you worry! Next time you wanna spin a big ol' web and probably get yer butt kicked for the sake of the plan, I'll have your back. They all love me, so we're the perfect pair!"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -2 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +3 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions: None | Location: All over the map! | Infamy: 1

Ah yes, Phantom Thief could see the way this was going to unfold just like that. With a quick hop on the table there he could reach the roof, then slide past the... SAM missiles? Huh. And then through an access hatch, into the attic, down into the art collection, and then a small detour towards the crown jewel of the place (He'd figure that out when he found it, and then he'd go on to move on with the caper. It wouldn't take long if he kept up the pace. It was just darting in and out for the detour, and he'd be right on schedule.

quote:

00:11 Deltasquid so let's roll to cook up a scheme
00:12 Deltasquid rolling + trouble
00:12 Deltasquid !r 2d6+3
00:12 Krysmbot Deltasquid, 8+3 = 11
00:12 Terrorsol way to scheme
00:12 Deltasquid yes

1 Plan added.

That is, if he left right now.

Phantom Thief turned just in time to see the first spray of sticky gel being blasted onto Expatriot's boots, and made a combat roll behind a Greeco-Roman statue to break visual contact with the drone. He briefly considered engaging it, but he had the nagging impression that it would be too much trouble for too little reward. Expat would have to get out of this mess by herself, he had important errands to run, and the heat was already rising on this caper.

It was go time.

quote:

00:13 Deltasquid and, of course, rolling to abscond
00:13 Deltasquid !r 2d6+3
00:13 Krysmbot Deltasquid, 9+3 = 12
00:13 Deltasquid sorry, expatriot
00:13 Deltasquid PT is outta here
00:17 Terrorsol way to abscond
00:18 Deltasquid he's slippery

Adding another plan to the pool.

Phantom Thief threw a quick glance at Expatriot and yelled: "Engaging it would consume too much time, work yourself free and I shall open the doors from the inside!"

With that, he darted forward with uncanny speed, making an agile leap from the table on the terrace onto the low roof, then crouching in between two missile holes and unscrewing a grate with his silent drill. He slipped inside and landed in a dark room that was illuminated by the blue LEDs of the many electronics inside. Some sort of server room had been installed beneath the roof, with an access console and many cables and hardware strewn about. He smiled. Their poor ventilation system had been his ticket in, and now he'd offer straight access to the techies. He quickly turned on the console and slammed a USB stick in that had the Phantom Thief's logo on it (A red rose with white velvet and a mask in front of it).

He opened the team's channel and said: "Omega, Anarchy! I found myself in a server room of sorts and gave us direct access to their databases. I don't know what kind of stuff is in here, but I manually inserted a virus into the system. We shouldn't need outside access any more to break into their system. By the way, there's a certain amount of lasers and ground-to-air missiles present on the roof. I thought that would be interesting in case we'd need to hold off airborne heroes, non?"

The dirty secret to hacking things, Phantom Thief had discovered a long time ago, was that no amount of firewalls, proxies or cyberwarfare protections in the world would help you if a guy with a USB-stick and bluetooth could bypass them on foot.

Then, he carefully opened the door, and when he saw nobody was in the hallway, he quickly darted through, let himself hang from a balcony and dexterously dropped into the art collection the floor below. There, he swiped some paintings, turning them into small balls and into the pouches in his jacket's interior.

It was getting rather heavy from trying to force a previously-Ming-vase-now-Ming-sphere into his pocket, when he noticed that all the lightweight, small valuables seemed to be... Missing. No necklaces, diamonds, chains or bracelets. He frowned and called K'Lyathi in private: "Hello, beautiful. Say, I was wondering; would your nanobots have picked up Whisperwind's whereabouts recently? I have the nagging feeling we're going for the same prize, and I'd rather beat him to it if I could."

He hoped he was wrong about his gut feeling, but he couldn't let Whisperwind steal that thing when the Master Thief was here. Who did Whisperwind think he was? He was merely the student that PT so graciously imparted knowledge with. It was highly uncouth of him to try and snag the wealth of the mark before his mentor could have picks. Despite himself, he got the irksome feeling that Whisperwind was out specifically to upset him for fraternizing with K'Lyathi.

They'd need to talk about this. Opening the doors for Expatriot could wait.

OOC: PT wants to beat WW at finding the thing.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Oct 16, 2016 around 23:02

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: -2 | Infamy: 0
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Down there? That was certainly something she needed to keep her eye on. Maybe it was something important, something that she could use. K'lyathi pondered about whether or not she should go for it, the idea of doing so becoming increasingly tempting the more she thought about it. It didn't seem like security was particularly hard due to Whisperweed's intervention. His machinations were getting to the point of ridiculousness, talking over her even though she managed to get valuable information. Wait. Stop thinking about him K'lyathi.

Then again, it did look pretty messy in there. K'lyathi probably shouldn't get involved in that intertwining mess. No, she had to focus on the mission. Maybe she'll go when the action had died down a bit. Then again, if the action did die down, the mission would be over and they'd hopefully be successfully out of there. Oh well, she might as well continue to try hacking into their systems to see if she could find out what cars they're going for.

Wait, was that Phantom Thief? Well, at least he was making her life easier. Just what she expected out of someone who was totally her boyfriend. While she began using her nanobots to hack, she tried to focus on Whisperweed's location. Admittedly, it was a bit more difficult than usual trying to do multiple things with her nanobots at once. Still, she was eventually able to hone in on Whisperweed's location and began talking with Phantom Thief on a private channel.

"He's inside the mansion getting some human to lead him to the treasure. I'll see what I can do to delay him. Also, I found something in the data banks about there being something down there repeatedly. There might be more treasure in that location, whatever it means. I trust your instincts my love."

Was she being a bit foolish about this? Maybe, but still, it was an opportunity to mess with Whisperweed and not for a completely selfish reason as well. She continued to listen to Whisperweed as he talked with Anarchy. So he wanted to take advantage of my temper? That was good for her to know. It was amusing hearing him admit that he needed her attention, needed her to react angrily at him. It made her feel particularly smug as she began the next steps of her phase to slow down Whisperweed.

As he talked with Anarchy, nanobots flew out of his body and invaded the body of the man with him. As soon as they were successfully in his system, she began to work playing with his senses. Overloading them, extending some and limiting others in an attempt to confuse him. It was a wonder what she could do with her nanotechnology when it invaded a human's brain. In fact, she worked to make sure that his senses were able to pick up the commotion happening on the pool deck. Hopefully, it was enough for her to interfere with Whisperweed's plans to a certain degree.

She was so focused on listening in on Whisperweed and trying to help the Phantom Thief that she completely forgot about completing the mission. Her nanobots in the computer systems went inert, waiting for orders from K'lyathi that she forgot to order in her excitement. Oops.

jimmydaladlaptop> eh, I'm going to roll to execute a plan
<jimmydaladlaptop> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladlaptop, 4+2 = 6
<jimmydaladlaptop> WOW

<jimmydaladlaptop> rolling to inflict Contagin on the guy who is with Whisperwind
<jimmydaladlaptop> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladlaptop, 6+3 = 9

<jimmydaladlaptop> Going to distract the guy
<jimmydaladlaptop> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladlaptop, 7+4 = 11
Redirecting the man's attention to Pool Deck with Expatriot
Confuse them for some time
Avoid Further entaglement

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Mansion of DOOM and also cars

Whisperwind listened to Anarchy's response as he followed Jeeves though the mansion at a brisk pace and- wait, did the man just twitch a little bit oddly? Eh, it was probably nothing.

"Of course, dear", he spoke in as sugary a tone one could muster with mere whispers, "I did tell you that you always were the smart one back then, didn't I? With your unrivaled genius and my ability to actually go to places and get stuff done, we are definitely the most formidable and beautiful villainous pairing around. We'd win BRANCH's annual 'Most Devilishly Dastardly Duo' award for sure."

A silence hangs in the private channel for a bit, until Whisperwind continued. His tone was still sweet, but a certain edge could be felt beneath. "But the fact still remains that we are a team. For future reference, please try to remember that. If I do something that seems suspicious to you, rest assured that there is probably a good reason for it. Pointless suspicion just breeds strife, after all. And we would not want that now would we?"

"Besides, I would never betray my cutesy-boo little hacker prodigy~"

"Haha."

quote:

Theantero: Cowing by reminding Anarchy that we are a team and that she shouldn't be super suspicious of every little thing that I do
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 4+2 = 6
Wait wait, I have Influence on Anarchy so that 6 is actually a 7

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 4 -> 5/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard
Deck: 2 Cards

"Oh! You think we could win the Dastardly Duo?" Anarchy asks. "Wait- Of COURSE we can win the Dastardly Duo! What duo out there could be more Devilish and Dastardly than US?!"

"Ahahaha!"

Anarchy laughs, and then there's a silence over the channel. And then Whisper scolds her.

"Hmmm, you're right, you're riiight! We are a team, aren't we? Working against each other is just SOOOOO counterproductive! A CPU has to trust what a hard drive tells it! And a genius has to trust her partner, too! We're two halves of a brain! Or two bytes in a word!1"

"Just think of the numbers we could represent if we all just worked together! The beautiful plans we could execute!" Anarchy sighs, as she pauses to imagine what is likely some rube goldberg-esque plan involving the whole team working together in perfect harmony.

"You're right! Why was I even wondering about you anyway?"

---

Anarchy is going to mark Curses! and get an advance. She uses it to get three more Gambits from the Maniac's deck. Also while looking at the Gambits the sheet says I can use them even at places I'm not physically at so that opens up a ton of potential. Muahahahaha.

quote:

Horse: You have just the right man (or monster) for the job. Spend up to 3 Cards to create a proxy that will obey your orders. Each card spent gives it an additional Condition it can mark. The proxy can take any action, but it counts as yours. When the proxy would trigger a move, roll +Cards spent, rather than the Label. At the end of the scene, the proxy remains, and may have their own agenda.

Mark: You’ve got the right piece of blackmail or bribery that will give you an edge over your intended victim. Spend 1 Card to blackmail or bribe someone, rolling +Menace to do so.
On a hit, take Influence over the target. On a 7-9, choose one: they take Influence over you, spend two more Cards, they will get their revenge later.

Raise: You support someone else’s action when it suits the bigger picture. Spend 1 Card as if it were a Plan point to give someone else a +1 bonus to their roll.

1: In Windows programming, a 'Word 'is a piece of data which holds 16 individual bits2 of information. A 'Byte' is a piece of data which holds 8 individual bits. In computing, data is often measured in number of Bytes rather than number of Bits so a Word can also be thought of as being made of two Bytes3. Thus forming the basis of Anarchy's metaphor.
2: A 'Bit' is an individual 1 or 0 you would see in binary numbers/code. When you put them together they can make larger and more complex numbers and other types of data.
3: How many Bytes are in a word is actually something defined by the architecture/operating system of the computer running the code. On some computers, a word might be 32 or 64 bits and ruin Anarchy's 'two bytes in a word' metaphor. As a computer genius she of course knows this. But it's okay, since she doesn't expect Whisperwind to know this.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: Pool Deck of Mostly Silent DOOM

“Yes, because losing my head at the first sign of adversity is exactly what I’m known for.” Expatriot snarked back in response to K’lyathi’s lecturing tone in her ear. She might be disgusted at her initial fumble, but everything considered this particular heist was progressing much closer to her projections. The electronic security had been compromised, and Netherwrath was enjoying herself picking a fight with Blue Manchurian somewhere far, far from the current heist. She didn’t even particularly mind Whisperwind’s grating husk of a voice sibilantly hissing in her ear that he was going to go on walkabout. Flashing some shiny, expensive objects his way to harmlessly channel his insubordinate attitude had, after all, been part of her strategy all along.

Lost in her thoughts, she’d missed the silent buzz of an ionic propulsion system driving one of the estate’s roving drone patrols around to the back deck. It had probably been attracted by the sound of her brief scuffle … still, it had found her too late. With the codes provided by Whisperwind, there was nowhere for the little mechanical guardian to report to, it was isolated and alone, simply following its backup protocols. Not much of a challenge at all.

Or, it wouldn’t have been if she’d heard it coming up. Instead, it was the sharp release of a pressurized chemical mixture being expelled through the air that pricked at her attention over the buzz of comm chatter. She moved to turn, but found that the stuff had already hardened into a kind of spongey concrete, sticking her feet to the ground.

“I swear, I am going to start and expense fund for new boots …” she groused, Phantom Thief slipping away into the darkness and leaving her there to grapple with her problems on her own.

Fine. Sure. Not a problem.

Crouching down, Expatriot grabbed hold of the unconscious member of security she’d still been looming over, grunting as she picked his waterlogged body up from the deck with one hand. Then, she used the poor man like a shield, her hand gripping the back of his collar as she propped him up with her forearm to keep him upright. With her offhand, she slipped a long knife out if it’s sheath, sliding the flat behind the laces of her boots, and then turning the sharpened blade and applying some of her augmented strength to cut the laces free and loosen the fit of her footwear around her ankle.

Easy, right?

[14:57] <JusticeGrieves> Expat loses another set of shoes and tries to Overcome the little droneling
[14:58] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+1
[14:58] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 3+1 = 4
[14:58] <JusticeGrieves> Curses
Expatriot is having one of those Capers

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Expatriot

You were a bit too slow. While you were busy trying to slip out, the spray already encased your shoes and hardened, leaving you immobile. Even worse, the drone seems dead set on hitting you! ... Which means it switched to the one place it can hit, namely your hand on his neck. You're now rather solidly glued to your shield, and only have a single arm free!

And you really oughta do something about this, quickly, before this drat thing encases you entirely. At least it can't raise the alarm anymore...



Anarchy.Exe

The message is from... the police station? What the hell!? Since when did a police station double as a postal service? Something ain't right here. Anyway, it's another 15 minutes away. Don't forget about it! Might be valuable, but also might screw up your entire heist.


Phantom Thief

Now where would a rich person keep the truly most valuable thing? Somewhere out of the way. A master thief on your level knows that the displays are usually just distractions from the real price. The question is, where that "out of the way" is. Is it a hidden room in the art room? Or perhaps, is it in the place "down there", that Omega dug up? It is worth considering. Investigating, even.


Whisperwind

Jeeves nods, understanding. "It's understandable. The master has so many valuable objects, even I can hardly remember which ones are the most valuable. But, given by the time he spends with it, I think I can show you. Follow me."

Shortly after, he twitches weirdly, and then holds his back. "Augh. Sorry, my back is at it again. Don't worry, I'll manage. Let's just take it slow..."

Unfortunately, he happens to look outside, and spots a drone spraying some of that sticky gel.

"Again? These drones make such a mess. Oh my... Dear me, I'll have to look into that... Hmm, where did I leave the keys to the drone control center..."

Ugh. You're not getting anywhere, fast.


Omega

It worked! The old man with Whisperwind got distracted by whats happening at the pool. Clearly YOUR boyfriend, the better boyfriend, obviously, will succeed now!

Perhaps, however, you should look into this "down there" more. Just in case Phantom Thief decides going down there.


You gain influence on Jeeves?


Netherwrath

A few second and a lot of bullets later, you're now the last woman standing in the entire van, everyone else in various unhealthy looking situations. Seems like your job is done here - maybe it's time to head for the main event?


Breaking Point

Isn't it nice to have a WORKING cloaking field? And missiles? Let's hope there's no more motorcycle missiles, this time. Anyway, you make very quick pace to the mansion, and in the distance you see Ex-Patriot in a very sticky situation. Literally. Maybe you should lend a giant, powered hand?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: Outside the Mansion

Expatriot's sticky circumstances came up on her sensors. Breaking Point bit back a laugh, though it wasn't like her speakers were on or anything. Of course Betsy needed help. She should really look into replacing some of that meat -- robotics were far more practical. She scanned through her specialized munitions. There had to be something that could solve that. Hi-Ex? Rejected, too much risk of friendly fire. WP? Betsy was sadly all too flammable. Time-Space Distortion Rounds? Unpredictable effect. Might accidentally fracture the fabric of reality and/or erase Betsy from existence. Why had the techs even loaded those? Finally, she saw the Universal Solvent Dispenser. Of course. Pity she wouldn't have time to calibrate it specifically to the composition of the foam, but it wouldn't kill Betsy. Might ruin some of the compounds in her gear, but better that than leaving her to become a foam statue.

A port opened in the center of her palm as a targeting laser painted the drone. Her HUD confirmed a solid firing solution and the pile-bunker in her arm sent the projectile silently screaming through the air. It impaled the drone violently before lodging itself in the ground next to Expatriot. A second passed, then the device began spraying a strange liquid on everything nearby. The foam quickly began to melt and flow off of Expatriot.

Breaking Point triggered her communicator on a private line, "You're clean, Ex-pat. Has the point of infiltration changed? Not seeing the rest of the team on my perimeter scans."

quote:

[11:53:39] <Tricky> BP's gonna break poo poo like always and maybe even help Ex-Pat if she feels like it.
[11:53:42] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[11:53:43] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+2 =
10
[11:53:55] <Tricky> rip drone

Resist blows; take away the foam prison with solvents.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Mansion of DOOM and also cars

A hand grabs Jeeves by the shoulder, causing the household servant to stop abruptly. Whisperwind leans in, his illusionary face making an exaggerated quizzical expression. Not that Jeeves was aware he was facing a supervillain.

"Haha."

"Hey Jeeves. I'm pretty sure I told you to take me to the thing. I note that you're doing exactly not that. Like you're trying to lead me in circles. That's not very professional of you, now is it, Jeeves? Unprofessional and unhelpful, that's what you are, Jeeves."

The comms crackled to life, once again.

"That's pretty funny. I did a thingamajib on a household servant to lead us to the thing we're after", Now that wasn't strictly true of course, but it could be argued that the mission objective was in most likelihood the most expensive thing around and thus the object specified by his request, "but it seems like something is meddling with my suggestion. The guy is leading me in circles. Almost like somebody else with mind-bending powers trying to stop me. I wonder who that could be. Messing with our objective like that."

His tone turns sweet. "Darling, could you please sweep this guy for me, to see if there's anything off with him? Because you know, I have a hunch."

"Haha."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -2 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +3 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Going down to find The Thing | Infamy: 1

Phantom Thief gave K'Lyathi a coy smile, remembered she couldn't see him, and said: "Merci, ma belle. I'll move in as fast as possible."

He moved from the art collection to the lounge and heard footsteps down the hall. Hiding behind a couch, he waited from the strangers to pass into another room, then he darted into the main hallway and towards a small door at the far end of the mansion, which turned out to be a stairwell leading down. This one did not have the modern, classy accents of the rest of the house, but revealed the solid concrete and steel with which the house was actually built. He peeked over the edge of the stairs, saw the coast was clear, and went down.

Phantom Thief couldn't help but notice this was going particularly well. Most of the guards so far had been preoccupied to the point where Phantom Thief wondered if he should even bother hiding. They were quickly and nervously waltzing around the mansion, apparently unaware of the breached perimeter. Maybe they had bigger fish to fry?

He chuckled. As if! No, they were simply swooping in under the security's radar, as should be.

Phantom Thief passed a door labeled "Garage", and was surprised the stairs still descended another level. He continued, and saw the final door was marked "DANGER: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY"

Figuring he was authorized on the grounds that he pretty drat wanted to, Phantom Thief double checked the door for any alarms, locks or traps, then went in.

He had to do a double take at what he saw inside.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at Oct 22, 2016 around 09:15

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard
Deck: 2 Cards

Hmmmmmmm. That's sure not where you'd expect that kind of message to come from. What kind of police station makes deliveries? Is that bad? ...or is it good? It probably means some heat, some unwanted attention, and an interruption... But it means this guy is in on the CONSPIRACY, isn't it?! Y'know. Because of COURSE there's a Conspiracy in town. Look, the proof is right in FRONT of you!

"Hey GUYS!" Anarchy shouts over the radio, sounding somewhere between totally excited and totally scared. "Check THIS out!"

And then everybody on the team receives a text notification.

quote:

FW: WAKE UP SHEEPLE

ANARCHY DOT EXE TEXT DECRYPTION SERVICE
TO: THIS FREAKIN MANSION
FROM: THE POLICE STATION

---ORIGINAL TEXT BELOW THIS LINE---

Package delivery inbound. ETA: 20 minutes. Make sure you're ready. I don't want a repeat of last time.

"You SEE?!" Anarchy continues, "The PO-PO'S gonna be here in TWENTY MINUTES! Or maybe more like fifteen. But then AGAIN they're probably gonna be later than they say they are so it's more like twenty-five which is REALLY just twenty!"

"Okaaaaay?"

And then she pauses, patiently listening to Whisper explain his situation. "OH! Some other mind-bending powers, huh? I hope you're not talking about ME~!"

"Ha ha ha."

"Lemme just send something your way, sweetie!"



Anarchy crouches down, and puts her hand on her robot dog's totally retro scroll-wheel interface. The dog-machine's face switches from a standard display to a highly-technical and most-likely jail-broken text display.

Spinning her finger around on the dog's scroll-wheel stomach like it's 200X or something, Anarchy scrolls through a ton of menu items before finally setting on one that says "ENABLE NEUROLOGICAL SCAN"

"Okay, Emoji!" Anarchy says. "Go find Whisper! Go find Whisper's guy!"

And then the dog starts running off, as fast as it's adorably tiny legs can take it. As it leaves, Anarchy pulls up her wrist display which she switches to show a live feed of the robo-dog's sensors.

<Takanago> Anarchy unleashes her science to scan Jeeve's brain
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+1
<Takanago> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 7+1 = 8
Not going to take a condition, so the effect is unstable or temporary

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Tro: +1 | Sup: -2 | Men: +2
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions:

Netherwrath took a moment to survey the beaten and broken guards around her with satisfaction. "God, I'm just so great." Then she popped the doors and waved at her various ne'er-do-wells in the alley. They swarmed the van, pulling the unconscious bodies of the guards out, methodically stripped them of identification and unforms, and then trussed them up and gagged them to eventually be found in the dumpster. These were low-level crooks for hire; guys willing to kill for you were extra, and like hell Netherwrath was going to shell out just to ice a couple of rent-a-cops. Netherwrath grabbed a uniform from the guard who looked closest to her size - it was still too big, but she was gonna be in the back anyway.

"All right, places everyone." Dave, the oldest and most experienced of her mercenary getaway drivers hopped in the front seat, and everyone else piled into their places as the van took off. Netherwrath keyed her comm. "Yo, getaway ride is secured. You want us in hot or doing the Trojan horse thingee?"

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: -2 | Infamy: 0
Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, Paranoid

K'lyathi felt satisfied with her success in delaying Whisperweed, especially since she wasn't doing it for her needs exclusively. Ok, maybe she was hoping that the Phantom Thief was going to share whatever bounty he managed to get with her and she hoped she wouldn't have to remind him how she contributed to making sure Whisperweed didn't beat him to the treasure and that she gave him a lead as to where said treasure was. Still, he was more qualified in getting treasure than she could ever be. So, she turned back to the mission at hand. Or, at least making advantages for herself.

She made her way to the entrance of the mansion. The others had sorted out the security, so it was pretty easy for her to get in. She then dislodged her jaw and let out millions of nanomachines. The nanomachines continued to pour out of her mouth and make their way into the mansion, securing themselves in all the hiding places, nooks and crannies as well as secret hideaways that could be found within the mansion. She made sure to get as many nanomachines in the mansion as she could so that she could solidify a strong presence within the mansion. It did take quite a bit out of her and it lead to her thoughts to wonder.

Did Phantom Thief actually like her? Maybe he was just using her to his own advantage. That thought was enough to scare her, let alone how Whisperweed would react if he were to find out. On that note, maybe Whisperweed put him up to this and the competition between them right now was just an elaborate plot to make her look silly. The thoughts spurred her seeding of the mansion, knowing just how strong she would be once she had her nanomachines in there. From there, she could move on to completing the mission and helping out Phantom Thief. Well, unless he betrays her. Then her nanobots could be used for another purpose.

<jimmydalad> Unleashing K'lyathi's powers to seed the entire mansion with nanomachines
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 5+3 = 8
Marking Paranoid to make the effect permenant

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure, Doubting | Location: Mansion of DOOM and also cars

"Thank you dear", Whisperwind uttered as he spied the little drone come closer, "Hey Jeeves, don't mind the flying robot. It's one of our new security drones, designed to look more accessible. But yeah, take care Jeeves. Maybe see a doctor about your apparent dementia."

With that, Whisperwind parted ways with his confused help, and sought out a nearby, out of the way corner, glancing over his shoulders suspiciously as he did. For even if he would never admit it, the fact that he was messed with in this manner made him queasy. Well, not the messing itself (indeed, he had come to expect that and actually took great joy bouncing off of others' attempts to get to him), but more so the fact that he did not figure out something was wrong until now. Was he losing his touch?

Marking Doubting

Well, regardless of that, the fact remained that Jeeves had been rendered useless. He had to rely on himself once again. Whisperwind closed his eyes and focused, shutting out all the pointless blabber and irrelevant noise of his surroundings. With a little, near silent hymn, he summoned to himself the forgotten whispers bouncing in the corners of the mansion, allowing them to traverse through him, shifting through them for the nuggets of information he craved, puzzling out the location of the thing he was after. When that was done, he could just teleport there and take it for his own.

So simple it all was. PT would be pretty impressed, no doubt.

quote:

Theantero: Observe Whisperwind's mighty Unleash!
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9 = 9

Trying to figure out where the prize is by shifting through conversations of the now and near past of this mansion and then trying to get there. Marking Doubting to make his totally work out.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: Inside the Mansion

Breaking Point cut through the skies and descended into the mansion. The defenses had been neutralized and -- frankly -- weren't up to Sinclair Industries standards to begin with. She'd have to send a representative out to up-sell the owner on some real security after this was all over. Air-to-air missiles? In this day and age? Shameful. They'd need some particle cannon emplacements, for sure, perhaps some spacial distortion traps or a teleportation interdiction array.

A read-out of the mansion's layout appeared in her HUD, complete with details about current guard patrols and the compromised security measures. The objective was located deep underneath the mansion in an underground garage. Preliminary scans indicated that there were a number of vehicles. Naturally, there would only be five emitting the tell-tale energy signature of the core-harmonization engines. She followed the route suggested by her HUD and quickly arrived at the underground garage. There were cars and vehicles of various makes and models. A shocking array, really, it was anyone's guess how the team would have identified the correct vehicles without her help. Her sensors played out over the fleet, searching for the energy signatures. Soon enough five vehicles were highlighted, as expected. She transmitted that data to the rest of the team.

quote:

[10:30:53] <Tricky> BP's going to scan the mansion and pinpoint the cars (executing a plan)
[10:30:58] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[10:30:59] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+2 =
10
[10:31:03] <Tricky> heck yeah

+Infamy, cars located.

Her sensors pinged again, highlighting a large jet further towards the back. Wait, what? Could it be? He didn't just have the Protectotron components, but also the support unit, New Flyer? It was said to have been completed shortly before the lab was destroyed, but never used in battle. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be able to secure the entire unit. She wasn't exactly the right size to fly it. Betsy was a bit of a prude when it came to sticking to the plan and she couldn't really trust anyone else to take the jet back to her workshop.

Naomi sighed, cracked her giant robot knuckles, and spent a few precious moments taking every bit of data she could from the jet before gingerly removing the core-harmonization engine. It was quite a bit smaller than she had thought. If those of the cars were humming with power, this thing positively was roaring. She opened a cavity in her chest and deposited it inside. While waiting for the rest of the team to finish whatever tedious machinations they were wrapped up in, she moved between the different Protectotron vehicles and took detailed readings and measurements.

Spending Infamy to gain the technical data and the New Flyer's improved core-harmonization engine. (eventually will be a Doomsday Device and/or Giant Robot asset)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure, Doubting | Location: Mansion of DOOM and also cars

Whisperwind, of course, was not content to merely locate his quarry. Since he was practically mapping the sounds both recent and forgotten in the mansion and the grounds, he ought to get a fairly good idea of the relative locations of his allies as well. And in doing so, find out how to gain decisive advantage. Shortcuts for him, and how to deny them to any competition he might have. That sort of thing.

He was confident he would find something. Because regardless of what some might claim, his brain was in fact good for things other than endless snark.

Well, at least occasionally.

quote:

Theantero: ASSESS, WHISPERWIND!
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7 = 7

I'm asking:
What here can I use to get to the treasure first?

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 28, 2016 around 22:01

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 3/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: Waiting with the cars

Breaking Point idly smashed an incredibly valuable vintage convertible into a small cylinder while she waited. This was taking too long. Everyone remembered that the point was to get paid for the cars, right? She checked her internal chronometer again, confirmed that everyone was indeed behind schedule, then toggled on a comm channel. It literally pained her to do this (before she toggled off the associated pain receptors), but she'd have to talk to one of them. Whisperwind was... no. She still didn't want to talk to him. Or perceive him in any notable fashion. Anarchy might be able to rein him in, assuming she was on one of her infrequent swings back into sanity. BP's metal teeth sent a shower of sparks flying as she gritted them, then tried her best to put on a normal facade.

Naomi sighed, "Anarchy? Do you happen to know what the rest of the team is up to? I've found the cars and I would appreciate some help extricating them so we can finish this and get paid. Any chance you can get... your boyfriend..." Sparks showered again, probably sending horrifying feedback into Anarchy's ears, before she continued. "Can you guys just come down here and drive a drat car?" She killed the channel, not particularly interested in the response. What was it with this team and forgetting what the actual job was?

quote:

[14:11:55] <Tricky> BP's going to provoke Anarchy to work on getting her man back on track
[14:11:58] <Tricky> !r 2d6
[14:12:00] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5 =
5
[14:12:03] <Tricky> curses!

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Doubting, Paranoid | Location: The Car Collection Show Room

“Sorry, got distracted.” Expatriot called, her voice echoing off of the vaulted cielings as Breaking Point asked Anarchy.exe to locate the rest of the team. Taking hold of one of the cables holding a flying wing above the floor, she leaned out over the wide floor, taking advantage of the elevation to look out over the vast array of cars parked in shining lines. “There’s a lot of history here … frankly, I wish I could steal the whole collection. Especially that one.” She said, pointing vaguely towards something along the far wall of the showroom.

Expatriot jumped down from the wing to land spryly on the concrete floor below. This job might not have been the complete clusterfuck of the train job, but she was still irritated at her underperformance so far. Not that this kind of job was exactly her specialty, but she generally had more confidence abilities.

“Hopefully, we only need a driver for the lead car.” She said, moving towards the red sports car at the head of the pack, taking a moment to pop the hood, “Towards the end of the fight, they installed a drone system so that they could do combat operations if members of the team were absent. They never really got it combat effective, but they should be capable of syncing up as an automated convoy at least.”

Of course, that wasn’t the only reason she was looking under the hood. She had to confirm it with her own eyes that these were what she’d come for, that her intelligence had been on the money and she wasn’t wasting their time.

“Hey, P.T.” she said, tapping her headset, “Out of idle curiosity, is there a size limit on what you can capsulize? I know it’ll retain the same weight, but there’s a target of opportunity here, and I want to know if it’s feasible to take.” She looked over her shoulder at Breaking Point, tilting her head slightly to the side.

“I’m pretty sure you’ve got the muscle for it, but could you stay airborne with the New Flyer’s weight added to your own?” she asked, jabbing a thumb at the vehicle, “I figure Sinclair Industrial would better benefit from having a vehicle that their technicians could pull apart and properly examine.”

Of course, that wasn’t the only reason she was looking under the hood. She had to confirm it with her own eyes that these were what she’d come for, that her intelligence had been on the money and she wasn’t wasting their time.

“Hey, P.T.” she said, tapping her headset, “Out of idle curiosity, is there a size limit on what you can capsulize? I know it’ll retain the same weight, but there’s a target of opportunity here, and I want to know if it’s feasible to take.” She looked over her shoulder at Breaking Point, tilting her head slightly to the side.

“I’m pretty sure you’ve got the muscle for it, but could you stay airborne with the New Flyer’s weight added to your own?” she asked, jabbing a thumb at the vehicle, “I figure Sinclair Industrial would better benefit from having a vehicle that their technicians could pull apart and properly examine.”

[16:19] <JusticeGrieves> Cooking Up A Scheme (Superior)
[16:19] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[16:19] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 5+2 = 7
[16:20] <JusticeGrieves> I'll take it.
Gain +1 Plan and take the Doubting Condition because … geeze, it’s been a rough night.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: With the Cars
Deck: 2 Cards

"Heh heh!"

Anarchy laughs a laugh that sounds an awful lot Whisper's. "You're asking me if I know something?! Of COURSE I-"

BZZZZZT! KSSSH! BRRRRT! Before she can even really get started with one of her maniacal rants, a loud shower of painful electrical noise bombards Anarchy's radio receiver. It's pretty bad, but would also be a lot worse if her hearing weren't damaged already from all that loud music she listens to.

Not that that helps her ego.

"HEY! What the HECK!" Anarchy yells, futilely, at the radio channel with one less listener. "You think you can just MESS with me because you're jealous that I have a boyfriend and you DON'T?!"

A moment of silence passes.

"Ugh!" Anarchy makes a very annoyed sound when it becomes clear BP's end of the line is shut off. "You wanna see if I can find people?! Well find this!"

Pulling up a tactical heads-up display, Anarchy shoots a menacing glare towards BP's noted position on the mini-map. "There you are!"

And then Anarchy starts running through the mansion grounds, following the trail in front of her. There's a surprising speed to her steps, for someone so un-athletic. Maybe her horror-smoothies are surprisingly nutritious? Or maybe it's just all the excess energy from the eight or so energy drink's she's had today. 1000% the daily recommended amount of caffeine and not burning that energy on any kind of exercise has to make up for something, right?

It's fortunate for her that so many of the security systems have been taken care of already, or her mad dash would totally be noticed by just about everyone.

---

Some time later, Anarchy kicks in one of the side-doors to the car show room. It might be a dramatic entrance... if not for how very noticeably winded she is.

"Hey!..." Anarchy tries to yell, but the result is less than impressive because of how completely out of breath she is. It takes her a second or so to rest up before she can even continue talking. "You... got... something... to... say?! Bee... Pee?!"

Anarchy's eye twitches as she looks at BP. She looks either extremely mad... or maybe just extremely cranky from having just run all the way across the mansion which is a lot for someone like her, okay?!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 3/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: Legitimately concerned for Anarchy's health

Breaking Point slowly looked over at the winded hacker as she banged through the door. She had made excellent time, but at what cost? Something between pity, concern, and horrified disgust flashed across her artificial face. Sensors indicated that Anarchy's vital signs were all flavors of messed up and she was approaching the lethal limit of caffeine and several other stimulants. For a moment, she didn't know what to say. What could she say? 'Your lifestyle is incredibly self-destructive and even I'm saying this as a career villain.'? 'My projections indicate an 83.7% chance of heart failure within the next five minutes. Do you have a will prepared?'? 'Yes, in fact, I do. Whisperwind is toxic, manipulative trash and, frankly, you're better than him.'? All true, yet none of them seemed appropriate at the moment.

Naomi shot a concerned glance at Anarchy, "Uh, holy poo poo, Anarchy. Are you... OK? Do you need a doctor?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Totally Not Dying in the Car Room
Deck: 2 Cards

"Am I... okay?" Anarchy repeats the question incredulously, before breaking into a coughing fit. She's still very much out of breath.

"Since-" Cough. "when-" Cough, cough. "have you been concerned about-" Cough, cough, cough."ME?!"

Anarchy doubles over in a pretty concerning manner, until she pulls a small inhaler out of an obscure side pocket and uses it. Then she seems to recover in an instant.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" She strikes a grand pose and laughs, wasting no time putting her suddenly-recovered respiratory system to good use. "Who needs to see a dumb ol' DOCTOR?!"

Her vital signs seem... better. In the short-term, at least. She doesn't look like she's about to suddenly have a heart attack anymore, but this doesn't really do anything about her medium or long-term health issues.

"It doesn't matter anyway," she tosses her inhaler back in her pocket. "In a couple years I'm gonna be done with this dumb meatspace body, anyway! Who needs it?"

"I mean, YOU'VE got the right idea, am I right?" Anarchy grins and points at BP's cybernetics. "Or maybe I'll become the first human to upload my mind to CYBERSPACE! Muah ha ha ha ha ha!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 3/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: Actually an anime??

If Naomi's face could still flush with embarrassment, it would be. As it was, she managed to preserve her calm facade, though her mannerisms were still clearly more vulnerable than usual. She looked down, trying not to meet Anarchy's eyes, "I, uh, I don't have a lot of friends and I'd rather the ones I did have didn't die," Her eyes met Anarchy's and she gently tapped the hacker with a giant robot finger, "So you should take better care of yourself! You're the mastermind behind the scenes, right? Who's going to come up with the weird and questionably useful ploys if you don't? Who's going to live-stream our capers and help build our rep? Expat?" She pointed over at Expatriot, who was undoubtedly doing something useful and actually related to the mission. "No! So you need to not die before your grand transhuman plot -- whatever it ends up being."

She sighed and inspected her giant robot fists, capable of limitless destruction, before continuing, "I mean, you still have a body, OK? It's not such a bad thing to have options. Some people didn't have a choice. I didn't hav-- I mean, yeah, of course I love having this cool battle chassis. Who needs that fleshy weak thing? It's cool being able to destroy literally anything I feel like. Just, you know, sometimes you might want to be able to change it up. Go to a movie. Eat food. Have a social life."

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: The Car Collection Show Room

“A couple of years, huh?” Expatriot said. She hardly needed to use her enhanced hearing to overhear Anarchy.exe’s speech, if anything it seemed like she was constantly trying to fill the air around her with the sound of her voice sometimes. She closed the hood, a satisfied smile under her mask now that she’d confirmed what Breaking Point already knew. These were the genuine article.

“I wonder if Whisperwind knows you’ve already put an expiration date on your relationship.” She mused aloud, opening the door and settling into the car. She flipped a toggle on the steering column, watching as the dashboard twisted and rotated impossibly to reveal an array of boxy screens and control panels. Really, all of this stuff was designed before any of them were born, the UI sensibilities were only marginally less alien than K’lyathi’s technology as far as Expatriot was concerned.

Still, she pressed a few keys, listening for the telltale sound of four other engines turning over.

Yes, I am leveraging the boyfriend to try and guilt you into taking better care of yourself;
[03:26] <JusticeGrieves> Expat tries to figure out how to get Anarchy.exe to eat a goddamn salad (Pierce the Mask)
[03:26] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[03:26] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 8 = 8
How could I get Anarchy.exe to take better care of her meat body?

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Having A Moment in the Car Room
Deck: 2 Cards

"Ummmmmmmm...?"

Anarchy makes a weird face, a mixture of worry, confusion, sadness, and awkwardness. She clearly doesn't know how to deal with Breaking Point's feelings. "Um.... Bee-Pee are you okay???"

She scratches her cheek nervously. "You're starting to sound like my brother. I mean-" Anarchy suddenly scrambles to cross her arms, and puts on an 'I totally don't care' facade. "You sound like my dumb, meatspace brother!"

"Hmph!" Anarchy holds a look of unconvincing contempt. "What's next, are you gonna tell me I can't do crime anymore?"

She puts on a haughty smile... but after a few seconds it cracks and breaks down into a more genuine look of concern. "Look... it's fine, okay? I've got a system! World-famous athletes eat more than twelve-thousand calories a day, so who cares if I go over the limit a little on some things?"

"I mean, my smoothies have got Soylent for the calories and nutrients, energy drinks for the energy, candy bars for substance, and pop rocks for... um... it's BALANCED! I just need it so I can run around and caper like this and so that I don't need to sleep every night!"

Anarchy stomps her feet and throws a little fit. "And I'm not gonna DIE, okay?!"

"So don't get all mushy on me..." Anarchy starts to look sad again, and looks down at the ground. "It's weird, and- I thought you didn't like anybody, anyway..."

Anarchy goes quiet for a while, but then Ex-P's comment seems to snap her into a different mood.

"An expiration date?! HEY!" she yells indignantly. "That's not FAIR! You can't make me choose between him and the AI already, our relationship just-"

"WAIT! NO!" she suddenly gasps, then covers her mouth. "What AI? I didn't say anything about an AI!"

Justice Grieves posted:

How could I get Anarchy.exe to take better care of her meat body?

That's a tough question. Getting her to actually live a healthy lifestyle is definitely an unlikely prospect. Being both an awful villain and a crappy teen, anything resembling traditional parental advice would probably just bounce right off her. And with how much sugar and caffeine she's been consuming, she'd probably crash pretty badly if she suddenly just quit entirely.

If anyone were to talk to her, Whisperwind would probably have the best chance of getting her to cut back. But so far he's been enabling the whole thing. You might get results if you force him to change his tone.

You could also... just return to the apartment and start cooking for everyone again. But then you'd have to be back there again. That option would definitely work though, you never saw Anarchy drink any hell-smoothies while you were still there.

And then there's always the... more direct options. Anarchy has nanomachines in her brain, right? Maybe you could have K'lyathi erase some of her bad habits. Or maybe even make sugar taste bad for her. But who knows what kind of side-effects you might see from that.

And if mind-control is actually on the table, you could also just ask Whisperwind to use his powers. But then you'd owe him something, probably, and that also might be kind of a weird thing to do. But that's your call.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Nov 4, 2016 around 18:06

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 3/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location: So many feels

Naomi's face shifted for a few moments, the predictive algorithms clearly having no idea what faux-emotion was appropriate, before settling on something that looked like a sad smile, "We're all villains here, right? I'm not about to talk you out of the business. We all have our reasons. I just... don't want anything bad to happen to you. I know I'm kind of a grump. Or, you know, a lot of a grump. I don't really like letting people in. It hasn't ended well. That, uh, that... thing with him." She looked at her deadly hands, Anarchy, and scowled briefly. Hugs were tricky when you were liable to render the huggee into some sort of human-based meat paste. Mistakes had been made. It wouldn't do to kill Anarchy after opening up to her, after all.

A message pinged on her HUD.

The Lab Crew posted:

Hey BP! We got the data from the emitter you brought us and reworked the precision and control on your gravity drive. You should be good to go for short-range fine manipulation!

Convenient. Also slightly disturbing. They were paying far too much attention to the scene. Naomi cut the feed to the workshop as she bundled the spastic hacker into a surprisingly accurate replica of a hug. Just, you know, made of manipulated gravity. And at a distance. The wonders of ludicrous super-technology. After a moment, she set Anarchy back on the ground. A mischievous grin found its way to her face, "Oh? An AI? C'mon, Anarchy, you can tell us."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Da Hug Zone
Deck: 2 Cards

"Oof!" Anarchy makes a goofy, bug-eyed face as she's squeezed into the gravity hug. After just kind of hanging there mid-air for a second, she bends over at an awkward angle and reaches her arms around BP's torso and returns the hug.

"Okay, okay! I believe you! You're my friend, too!"

She takes a step back when she's set back down. And then when BP asks about the AI, Anarchy makes an embarrassed, but giddy face. "Huh? AI? Did I say something about an AI?"

Anarchy puts both her hands on her cheeks and blushes. "I don't know if I should really talk about it! I really shouldn't talk about it- er, THEM! I shouldn't talk about THEM! It's not like I'd objectify- I mean talk about a sentient computer program like they're a THING! It'd be so dehumanizing- I mean decomputerizing- WAIT I MEAN-!"

She starts to wiggle back and forth out of acute embarrassment. And as she does, she starts to blush even harder and move her hands up to cover more of her face. "Aaaaaah! It's complicated, okay?! I mean not how I feel just to think about! Our words are just so meatspace-centric, y'know?! How do you even describe something- someone like that without being problematic?!"

"Anyway it's just a dumb little crush I had!" Anarchy suddenly starts waving her hands in the air really quickly. "Don't tell Whisper, okay?!"

Then she lowers her hands so her fingertips are touching her chin. "And, uh...OH! You want to hear The Story, don't you!"

Anarchy grins widely. "Okay, so the SHORT VERSION! A while back I was just doing some routine prank-hacking! Messing with the city services and stuff! A regular Friday night! But then all of a sudden all my hacks just started getting instantly UN-HACKED?! Just like- BOOM! NO HACKS FOR YOU!"

"And then I'm like, ohmygod, what is this?! Some dork out there's trying to have a frickin' HACKER DUEL with me! Okay, SON, it's time to GO! BOOM!" She raises her arms and then karate chops the air aggressively. "So I step up my game! I pull out all my good tricks! But then they just- they just WHOOPED MY BUTT! Pwned me! Dunked on me! DDOS'd the CRAP out of me! "

Then Anarchy raises her arms up again and blares some silent, invisible airhorns.

"And like- I thought I was gonna have to deal with the cops, but like- the cops never came?! Nobody at all? Which meant this was just a PRANK?! This guy- er- hacker! was just dunking on me because they COULD?! Because they were BORED?! And like, OH MY GOD?!"

"Then I try to trace them through the network, but- it was actually FROM the network?! Like, the network ITSELF! THEMSELF?! Like, I discovered a fully autonomous and sentient intelligent agent in the city grid and THEY PRANKED ME?!"

"Ahh~!" Anarchy brings her hands back to her cheeks and swoons. "How COOL is that?! I wanted to go after them for our first heist but I didn't because I couldn't let BRANCH know about them."

Anarchy stares off into space for a few seconds, then seems to snap back into the real world. "ANYWAY! Don't go telling everybody about this, okay?! Especially Whisper! It'll just make things weird! It's not fair to compare cyberspace love with meatspace love!"

"Wait, did I say love? It's not like that! I haven't even thought about them until just now! It's just that us talking about transhumanism made me think about how I wanted to..."

Anarchy trails off, then blushes heavily and starts giggling like a maniac. "Ha ha haha hahaHAHAHAHA!!!"

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: The Car Collection Show Room

“Oh, I get it.” Expatriot said from the car, leaning an arm against the car door as she craned her head out the window, “It’s not about love, you just want to play Kusanagi to something’s Project 2501.”

“Get together in the infosphere,” she said, clapping her gloved hands together with a low pop, “mingle a little code,” she said wiggling her interlaced fingers for effect, “then spawn some children made of light and code.” She said, bringing her hands apart again, spreading her fingers to imply an explosion of some kind.

“Boom, digital genesis, a new electronic life form that can effortless sort and match mass amounts of data, while still making allowances for intuitive learning and extrapolation. They’d have to start calling you Anarchy.eve.” As usual, Expatriot’s mask kept her face studiously neutral, though it sounded like she might’ve been smiling a bit. She dropped her head back to rest against the seat of the car for a moment, considering that for a minute. Transhumanism wasn’t really Elisabeth’s thing, but still, she took a moment to consider what that would be like. Being so close to something that you overlap, no skin or bone to hold you apart, just casually … mingling, exchanging, coexisting. It sounded terrifyingly intimate … she supposed she could see how someone might think of it as something to aspire towards.

And then a shiver ran down her spine hard enough to make her shake, a queasy feeling making her gut roll dangerously. The warped half-glimpsed shadows of her creator’s failures rippled across her memory.

No more labs. No more modifications. Not for her, anyway.

“Weren’t you saying something about the police being on their way?” she said, finger jabbing the console again, causing a light on the console to light up, she pushed the button to the right and suddenly armored shutters clamped shut over the vehicles windows. Lit solely by the light of the screens, Expatriot rolled her eyes … why weren’t any of these switches labelled!? Color coding wasn’t good enough, dammit!

“We should grab the loot and roll out before they get here.” Her muffled voice emanated from under the segmented alloyed plate.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +0
Curses! 3/5 | Infamy! 1 | Conditions: None! | Location:

Naomi's face was grinning from ear to ear as she listened to Anarchy's story. The hacker was adorable when she got flustered. She couldn't help but play 'MLG_Airhorn.FLAC,' admittedly probably not as loud as was traditional, when Anarchy made her airhorn motion. What a story! A sentient information construct? They were theoretically possible, sure, but this was the first Naomi had heard of an actual sighting. It was all kind of romantic, really. Maybe she'd join them in cyberspace when all was said and done. She was already most of the way there. And, uh, Expatriot really was painting a pretty appealing picture of it all.

She nodded, "Of course. My lips, such as they are, are sealed."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME



Fre: -2 | Dan: 0 | Tro: +3 | Sup: +1 | Men: +1
Curses! 4/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Regrouping | Infamy: 1

A sterile, white room.
The perfect lighting, a complete set-up to sublimely illuminate the furthest wall in the room.
This was the treasure.

Phantom Thief slowly walked towards it, double checking to make sure there were no alarms. There weren't. His hands trembled as he reached out to it. He had to let Whisperwind know. This was more than a treasure, now. This was...

"Hey, Whisperwind, mon copain. What the gently caress is this poo poo, bordel de merde?"

The painting hanging here was entirely white, barely more than a blank canvas, really. It had two lines criss-crossing at perfectly straight angles at approximately 3/5th of the work of "art" in both directions. It wasn't even divided along the golden means or anything of the sort. Presumably, the artist had received awards for its audacity. Phantom Thief could imagine the reviews: beautiful in its simplicity, yet daring in its execution".

He mentally pinched his nose, swallowed his pride and pocketed the painting worth several millions.

Then, Expatriot pinged him. "There is no upper limit to the dimensions of the object I can shrink, no. But they keep their weight, so the larger they are, the more difficult they will be to move afterwards. Why, did you plan to shrink all of the vehicles and carry several thousand kilograms of steel in your pocket?"

He left the room, somewhat soured by the whole anticlimax, and made his way to the rest of the team.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: With The Cars
Deck: 2 Cards

"WOW, Ex-Pee!" Anarchy gasps like she's heard the craziest thing in the world. "I didn't know YOU could TALK like THAT! I'm impressed!"

Anarchy blushes furiously. "Oh my God-! So is that why you didn't want to go on a date with Pee-Tee?"

She gets lost in her own imagination for a while, grinning like an idiot, until ExP's later question snaps her out of it. "Hmm? Oh yeah, I did say the cops are- OH HECK! THE COPS ARE ON THEIR WAY WITH SOMETHING! WE GOTTA GO!"

Anarchy starts scrambling back and forth, panicking but not really doing anything productive. "CRAP CRAP CRAP!"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure, Doubting | Location: Treasure Chamber of DOOM

As Phantom Thief turned around, Whisperwind was there, leaning against a wall, hands in his hoodie pockets as usual.

"Haha."

"Just a moment too late. Thought I had this one too." There's a moment of silence as Whisperwind looked over the painting, his illusionary face cocking an eyebrow. "But looking at that thing I can't say I'm all that disappointed. By all means, keep it."

"Haha."

Whisperwind followed Phantom Thief out of the room, his step nonchalant. "Still though, I guess it proves you're still the master thief in the house. Been a while since we last had a good natured little thieving competition."

"Hey, post mission drinks are on me, okay? For losing and also for standing you up that one time."

"Also because I figure my chances of actually winning one of these things will go up if I can get you drunk."

"Haha."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2016 around 22:08

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Paranoid | Location: The Car Collection Show Room

“It’s not that weird!” Elisabeth responded to Anarchy.exe’s incredulous response, the armored shutters retracting again, “I’m still a girl, you know. I read!” And write. But no one on the team could ever learn that. EVER.

“What!?” she blinked as Anarchy.exe jumped to some conclusion regarding that brief spat she and Phantom Thief had had weeks ago after their first job, “No! That was—“ she paused as her comms picked up a transmission from the team’s premier thief. Speak of the devil. “That was something different, and this is hardly the time.” And, just like that, Elisabeth tried to shut herself down cold and step back into her persona, letting Expatriot pick up the comm. Clearly, Anarchy.exe’s body wasn’t capable of containing all the energy she poured into it, because she was getting infectious.

“No, nothing like that. There’s a sixth vehicle here, a flyer. I kind of want it, but it’d attract way too much attention in the city. Capsulized though, I think Breaking Point could carry it without much trouble.” She tapped a finger along the top of the steering wheel as she tucked that information away…honestly, she felt kind of bad she hadn’t thought to ask him during the planning stage. She wouldn’t have been able to carry one of these vehicles far, but loading it up on an inconspicuous truck? Ah well, something to keep in mind for the future.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

5 minutes (aka next prompt!) left until the strange delivery arrives.

Netherwrath

As you arrive with your crew, you notice that there's like, no guards. Answers your question before any of the others did. However, Anarchy's notification about the police delivery is a bit worrisome. There's about five minutes left. What are you gonna do about this? Stick around at the entrance, or go join the others down in the garage?

Oh, hold up. There's some sort of buttler guy out on the terrace. He looks kind of confused. What's up with that?

Whisperwind

Clearly, you KNEW that this was going to be some lovely abstract art. It's why you let him win the race. But anyway, you should perhaps go back to the actual heist. You do remember why you were really here, right..?

...

Right?


Whoops, I kinda sort of skipped over your assess roll when I let phantom thief win. As an apology, replace Insecure with Arrogant!


Phantom Thief

Haha! You've shown Whisperwind his place. Feels great, doesn't it? Now that you have this painting securely in your possession, perhaps you should check out what Omega mentioned.


Anarchy.Exe

Yup, Jeeves is pumped full with Nanomachines. Omega is still prioritizing sabotaging Whisperwind over helping the alliance. Jeez.


Breaking Point

Smush goes the drone, EXP's saved (make sure to remind her every now and then!) and you even got a goodie.

There's just one problem.

You know, the cars, that you're here for? You found them, but... something's strange about them. For one, they... don't appear to be any sort of human tech. In fact, your scan revealed that there's alien microbes on the drat thing. Now, aliens aren't exactly a new thing, but... how the hell are you going to drive these things? You'd need special training to drive it, which you don't have. And...

Wait hold up, according to a closer scan, the lead car's engine is bust. That... ain't good. You could emulate the master signal of the lead car, yourself, but that'd require re-purposing the cloaking field. Which is kinda bad.


Omega

In the garage, you notice something odd. You know, in between all the cars, there's something oddly familiar in there. You know, the things you're here for?

They're alien tech. and not just any tech. Tech that is able to flat out nullify your nanomachines by taking them over. There's only one alien race that ever managed to do such a thing... The Dormant Ones.

What the hell is their technology doing here?

And why does this terrify you?


Ex-Patriot

Alright, things are looking good! No real heat yet, you got the cars, it's just a question of getting them out of here!

Well, almost. There is this small curve ball. The delivery message Anarchy managed to intercept. What are you going to do about this? Might be something real juicy. Might also be way too hot. It's an opportunity, but also a risk. What will it be, mastermind?

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: With The Cars
Deck: 2 Cards

"Five minutes! Five MINUTES! FIVE MINUTES!"

Anarchy runs around like a chicken with their head cut off, doing little more than being an audible timer for when things are supposed to heat up.

Then her phone beeps with an alert, and she stops in her tracks to check it out. It's a detailed neurological scan, with a certain tell-tale anomaly detected in a certain butler's cranium.

Ah HA! Just the result she wanted! Or, wait! Just the result Whisper wanted! Better call him up!

Anarchy quickly calls her boyfriend's radio communicator, and then starts shouting over the line. "Hey SWEETIE! I got the brainwave scan in! And guess WHAT?! You can call me a CLICKBAIT HEADLINE because I've discovered ONE NEAT TRICK that SOMEONE doesn't want you to know about in there!"

She goes silent for a few seconds, so as to build anticipation. What could this neat trick be? Who doesn't want you to know? Oh, if only there were a link you could click to find out!

"...IT'S NANOMACHINES! The dope's wired up like he eats tiny alien robots for breakfast! Hope that helps!"

Anarchy then goes to hang up, but then right before she does she remembers something and yells at her mic again. "OH! And BY THE WAY, SWEETIE! The Cops are gonna be here in FIVE MINUTES with a pizza or something SO GET YOUR BUTT TO THE GARAGE, OKAY?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: 0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 3/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Arrogant, Doubting | Location: Treasure Chamber of DOOM

There's a moment of silence as Whisperwind considered the new information presented to him. It did not last long.

"Haha."

"I knew I could count on you, honey~"

Whisperwind turned to Phantom Thief as they walked. "Hey, my girl found out a thing that requires my immediate attention, so see you at the garage, alright?" Whisperwind finger-gunned at PT before blinking to the end of he corridor, teleporting wide swathes of mansion thoroughfare as he made his way towards the garage. And not long after, he arrived, making his presence immediately known to all.

"Haha."

"Man, those are some pretty swanky cars. Dibs on the most garish one. I feel it accentuates my showy personality."

Whisperwind dragged his finger across the car hoods as he inspected the area, leaving little trails on finger grease on his wake. Taken that Whisperwind was very good at not leaving traces, it's a fairly safe bet that he was doing it on purpose.

"So I hear that there's some doomsday clock ticking and we are in somewhat of a hurry. Sorry for taking so long on my little sidequest." A malicious glint could be seen on the fake expression he liked to float in front of his face, "But see, I was beset by unforeseen difficulties."

Whisperwind steepled his fingers over his chest dramatically, as if regaling some great personal grievance. "I convinced one of the mansion's servants to assist me on my mission you see, to get it done quickly. Unfortunately, I was met with some difficulty as he proved strangely unresponsive. Later I learned", Whisperwind gave Anarchy a little peck on the cheek, "that this was due to his brain getting scrambled by nanobots."

Suddenly, Whisperwind was standing right next to K'lyathi, leaning altogether too close, a gleeful expression of victory glowing on his illusionary face.

"Haha."

"Now I wonder why that could be?"

Whisperwind stepped back to avoid any retaliatory blows.

"You know, for someone so over it, you certainly seem obsessed with screwing with me to the detriments of the mission. Made doubly hilarious by the fact that apparently you don't trust your boyfriend to be capable of beating me without your aid. Had no idea you thought me so superior."

"Haha."

Whisperwind shrugged, and leaned against a wall. "So if you want me to operate on a timely manner, maybe put a leash or something on Mrs. rabid snakelady here or something."

quote:

Theantero: K'lyathi watch me succeed a Provoke at -2 a third time this mission!
Theantero: !r 2d6-2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 5-2 = 3
Theantero: fug

Got some sweet Curses!

I'll get you to crack yet, K'lyathi

  • Locked thread
«13 »