Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Yeah, BOOOOOIIIIIIII!!!" Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee immediately clenches her fists and shouts, even doing a little dance with her feet, as soon as she sees the room. "Now THIS is what I'm TALKING ABOUT! Freaking SICK!"

She immediately makes a mad dash for the window, knocking over a fake decorative plant in the process, then presses her face right up against the glass and stares outside like an excited puppy. "Those boring old safe houses can kiss my BUTT! This is lit!"

With a giant, ravenous grin plastered on her face she turns around and runs back towards the couch, clearly intending to do some sort of flying leap onto it- Until she notices Zeremiah already parked right in the prime real estate. She quickly stops herself, making an audible screeching noise as she brakes herself with her shoes and already leaves a pretty noticeable mark on the really nice floor. "Hmph!" She pretends like she totally didn't want that couch anyway, and turns back around and plops down onto a lounge chair. Then she kicks her legs up and puts her shoes on the coffee table.

"Alright, you need a distraction?" Anarchy raises her eyebrows. "Something that grabs attention? I gotcha, I gotcha! We-"

She stops and takes a rather uncharacteristic pause. It's as if, for once, she feels a need to control the words coming out of her mouth. "-should. Go after the infrastructure! The automated infrastructure! Y'know! The- uh! Drones and stuff! Like- the ones that control the city! The trains and taxis, and the uhh..." She's not doing a very good job controlling herself. Instead of just talking a mile a minute, she's just tripping over her own words clearly trying to talk around something.

And she's clearly had enough of that. "Grrrrr! Nevermind! We'll just- do it another time. Part of another plan, maybe."

"OKAY!" Anarchy pulls her phone out and starts furiously messing around with it like a crazed millennial. "What we SHOULD do is LIVESTREAM what we do! You want people's attention? THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT! Let's go freaking VIRAL!"

She holds her phone out at arms length and starts taking selfies. She uses her free hand to make cutesy hand gestures and stuff. "Like, I got a-" Beep, flash, click! "-an account on genesis dot tee-vee. For the group! And-" Beep, flash, click! "we can use that to get people's attention when we're doing our thing!" Beep, flash, click! "And like, if we put people in peril the right way, and cause chaos in the right way, it could be BIG!"

She smiles brightly and looks to the rest of the group. "Y'know?!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"IT'S NOT STUPID-!" Anarchy shouts, and almost throws a temper tantrum until a certain whisper distracts her. Instead she just kind of freezes and eyes the sudden plate of hot pockets. Which she grabs and promptly starts munching on. The act of eating doesn't stop her from continuing to talk. "It's just-" Munch, munch. "a way to get-"

She takes a big bite, which was apparently a bad idea as she sticks her burnt tongue out and takes a deep breath. "...Attention."

Takanago fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 7, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

For a little bit, Anarchy sits in her chair and quietly nurses her burnt mouth. It's the curse and consequence of diving into some hot pockets way too quickly and, perhaps, a subtle sabotage from a certain quiet 'friend'. But it doesn't take too long for her to dive back into the fray.

"Yo, Pee-Tee!" Anarchy yells across the room at the Phantom Thief, and starts waving her arms like a sports player signalling they're open for a pass. "Toss me some energy drinks!"

But then she quickly gets distracted as soon as Netherwrath starts trashing everybody's plans, and breaks out into a loud, hyena-like giggle. "Yeah, that's what I was SAYING! It's all about style! If it's not done RIGHT it's not worth DOING! And I like how you're talking, 'Wrath, BUT-!"

Anarchy gestures dramatically, knocking the empty plate out of her lap and sending crumbs flying everywhere. "Ex-Pee's idea isn't so bad either- IF it's done right! Which if I'm emceeing it it TOTALLY will be! I mean, ransom can be boring, but not if you have the whole city on the edge of their seats!"

She claps her hands together and makes an oh-so innocent face typical of New Genesis's boring plebeians. "OH! What in the world is she going to to next? She's so crazy! She's so unpredictable! And what's that? Is that another monorail going the opposite direction? Oh, noooooooooo!"

Anarchy tilts her head and gives her usual, bright smile. "See? Fear isn't about what's happening, but what they imagine could happen! And for THAT, you need COLORFUL characters, liiiiiiiiiike...."

She stands up, does a ballerina-like twirl, and poses with her arms outstretched. "ME!"

Then she crudely stomps her foot down and whines. "THAT'S why I was talking about LIVESTREAMING!"

"Anyway!" Anarchy throws her arms up and falls back into her seat with a loud whump! "Kay-lya's idea could work. Robots are a classic, and it's really hard to go wrong with 'em... But I dunno. I'm not feeling any style... It's feeling kind of..."

She looks K'lyathi right in the eye and scrunches her face up into a goading sneer. "...Mundane." She holds the face for a few seconds, clearly trying to elicit a reaction, but after not too long breaks out into another giggling fit.

Abstaining.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 8, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttt!!!"Anarchy slowly waves her hand in a giant, comical dismissive motion that goes on for way too long. "You know I can hack anything, but if we're talking capers it's all about how! Not just left side of the brain challenges, but right brain!"

"Nice try, Kay-Lya!" She puts her fingers together, like some kind of fine art critic. "I'll give it a four out of ten. For effort."

Takanago fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 8, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Oh what," Anarchy curls her hands under her chin in an overly cutesy manner, like a cartoon princess. "Is everybody going to beg little ol' Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee to fix their plans for them?"

She bats her eyes and smiles like a cat. "If you need my help you can just ask for it, y'know."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Yeah, you know what?!" Something seems to snap in Anarchy as she leaps up from her chair. "Yeah, you know what?! Clearly if you all are just so dumb that you need to beg me for my help, you SHOULD!"

She puts her foot on the coffee table, throws her head back, and extends her hand out like there's an imaginary ring on it for everybody to kiss. "Come on and beg! BEG FOR MY GENIUS!""

A very crooked smile spreads onto her face. It's one that is pretty obviously not built on a solid foundation. Sure, it might be full of smug self-satisfaction on the surface, but it rings pretty hollow when you consider how aloof she seemed to be just a moment ago.

Taking the condition Insecure.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Did you just call me a CHILD?! And the WORST performer?!" Anarchy's face suddenly twists into a twisted, enraged scowl, and with a loud yell, she slaps the Phantom Thief across the face. "What do YOU know?! I'm the best! THE BEST! AND-"

A certain hellish screech interrupts her. She stops briefly to stare at the freaking cool scene of alien terror, but then goes right back to her previously-scheduled tirade. "You think I can't do better than that?! What, you think you're BETTER THAN ME?!

She steps back, does a spin, and daintily puts the back of her hand against her forehead. "Oh, look at me! I'm the Phantom Thief and I think I'm so smart! Even though I got outsmarted by a hacker! Not even the genius one, just a regular one! But that doesn't matter, I'm so cultured! I can mix drinks and listen to crappy jazz music! That's what's hip with the kids these days, right?"

"UGH!" Anarchy turns around, grabs the radio and throws it to the ground. "Nobody LIKES jazz anymore! Get with the times, dork! AND DON'T TELL ME HOW I SHOULD ACT!"

Rather than accepting any advice, Anarchy shall instead shift her Superior down and Menace up as she leans into being a little more of a loud, show-off-y child instead of the cool, aloof adult PT wants her to be.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 8, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Grr..." Anarchy grinds her teeth, almost looking like she's going to continue her tirade. But then she stops, throws up her hands, and shakes her head. "Fine!"

In a split-second, she returns to her usual self. "I guess it comes down to me, doesn't it? You peons can't choose for yourself and it falls upon me and my genius to make the right choice!" She smiles and steps forward, putting herself right in the center of the living room. "Oh, I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate! If I had just chosen earlier we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Anarchy does a dramatic spin, then points at Expatriot. "Let's hijack a train!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 9, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Hmph!" Anarchy sticks out her chin and smiles confidently, in response to Breaking Point's previous ribbing. "Frail meat-based nature?! I'm a citizen of CYBERSPACE! Petty little matters of flesh and bone are of NO CONCERN for-"

She is cut off by the utterly shocking act of violence that happens in front of her. Her jaw drops wide open, and she just stares blankly for a moment. Than she shrinks back and giggles nervously."Or... Uh, what was I saying?" Ha ha ha... ha... Nevermind."

"Ummmm... ANYWAY!" Anarchy hops forward and smiles, returning quickly to her usual level of energy. "You want a hardware-driven control override box? No problem! Especially..."

Anarchy pivots towards K'lyathi and starts flailing her arms around excitedly. "When I'm working with my BEST SPACE FRIEND, KAY-LYA!"

Giggling like a hyena. she stomps her feet on the ground repeatedly. And then she even somehow returns a bigger, brighter version of K'lyathi's weird smile.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 10, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Ready!" Anarchy calls out over the radio. Her voice echoes quite a bit, presumably due to the acoustics of wherever she is. It sounds like someplace cramped and with hard surfaces. "You got the thing, right?"

This morning, Anarchy was struck with a small dilemma. Should she infiltrate the train, or should she jump onto it? Walking onto the train did seem a lot easier jumping, especially after Ex-P explained how much gear you're supposed to have to do a proper jump. But infiltrating means going incognito! Wearing a disguise! Sure, some people might be able to just walk onto a packed train unnoticed, but not her?! No way!

And let's not forget! Today's a special day! Today Anarchy's going to be on camera! Her lovely face is going to be broadcast to the whole city! Maybe even the whole country! Or the world! This is not a day where she can just look mundane!And forget just wearing a disguise and ripping it off at the last moment! What if something goes WRONG?! What if her real clothes get all wrinkled under her disguise? What if her hat ends up crooked? What if something goes wrong with her makeup? Would her makeup even work with a disguise?!

So what's why she ended up infiltrating early. A whole hour early, even. Today, at three, she boarded this monorail as boring meatspace denizen, Ann Hanekawa. Just a normal person, with normal looks, and a huge-as-heck backpack. But that's something that young people just have these days, right? To hold all that junk that millennials like. Like phones and organic food and blogs and stuff. But in Ann's case, this bag happened to contain all the gear she would need that day.

It was full of the essential things, of course, like her costume, make up, and all the things she needed to look right. And today looking right would be especially important, so she made sure to take her time. Gotta look coordinated, but also out of order. But not out of order in the wrong way! Perfectly disheveled in a completely natural-looking away that can only come from lots of care! Definitely not a look that could just be thrown together!

So one course of action presented itself. If Ann wanted to properly become Anarchy, she'd need plenty of time to change, a place where nobody would see her so she wouldn't blow her cover, and a mirror so she could make sure she gets her look done right. And so that's why she snuck aboard the train early and hid herself in one of the lavatories. And this is where she is currently stuck until the caper actually starts.

Sprawled out in front of her on the tiny bathroom counter is her collection of portable hacking gear. Oh, what would she even do if she left it at home! Actually, she'd totally be able to improvise something from whatever junk's lying around but it would be so EMBARRASING if she forgot! Plus the plan kind of depended on her, and it'd be a huge hassle!

But there was one special thing she brought with her -- a thing which now hovers idly in the air of the cramped lavatory that she'd been getting ready in. It's a miniature flying quadcopter, equipped with a fancy camera and autonomous broadcasting equipment. Because, of course, what is a celebrity without her audience?! How can this city be terrorized by it's most charismatic up-and-coming villain if they can't even see her properly?! Sure, there might be cameras around, but do you expect Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee to settle for simple, grainy security camera and cell phone footage?! What if they film it veritcally?!

So she brought her own solution, one that should be able to capture the action and drama of the train hijacking perfectly. And show it to the world at large.

"Heh heh heh," Anarchy chuckles and pets the little quadcopter. The tiny propeller blades nick her fingers a little bit, but don't do any real damage. "We're gonna be famous."

There's a loud knocking on the door. "Are you DONE in there?!" A very annoyed voice yells from the other side. "Who are you even talking to?!"

"SHUT UP!" Anarchy yells back.

"Are you on the phone?!" The person on the other side bangs even louder on the door. "How long are you are you gonna stay in there?!"

"SHUT! UP!!" Anarchy pushes the toilet lever with her foot, causing the noise of flushing water to drown out the conversation for a short moment. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 11, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Lavatory

"Hey, WHAT?!" Anarchy shouts over the radio. "What the EFF are you doing in the control room?!"

She clenches her teeth and growls. "Grrrr... You BETTER not be breaking anything in there! I swear, if you are... and if you screw this up for me... you're gonna regret it."

"Get off the phone, already!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car

"What did you guys DO?!" Anarchy shouts into the communicator. "Are the brakes on?! How could you guys mess this UP so BADLY?!"

She stomps her feet on the ground, making a pretty audible ruckus, and yells even louder into the mic. "IF THIS RUINS MY CELEBRITY DEBUT I'M GONNA FREAKING KILL SOMEONE! YOU FREAKING IDIOTS!"

"Ughhhh..." The girl takes a moment to roll her eyes a few times, as hard as she possibly can, before she scrambles to grab all her stuff off the bathroom counter and join the action.

A couple of seconds later, the bathroom door flies outward when Anarchy kicks it open. The poor chump who had been waiting right outside it the whole time gets knocked over by it and falls to the floor. She pays him no mind of course, as she is far too focused on the Big Picture, and she simply steps over his sprawled out body as she steps into the main passenger compartment.

"Hey, jerks!" Anarchy yells out into the crowd, as she strikes a confident pose.

They don't actually seem to notice. Compared to the sound of explosions, the sudden force of the train braking, and a special kind of absentminded terror that's only really possible in public transit, one shouting teenager doesn't actually grab that much attention. Naturally, this leaves Anarchy quite frustrated. Almost immediately, her confident look deflates as she takes a moment to ruminate on how poorly this is going.

This isn't how it was supposed to go. Not at ALL. According to the plan- the SIMPLE FREAKING PLAN, this crowd was supposed to have already been properly terrorized already. They were supposed to be a captive audience, just waiting to be awed by her! Like mindless, nanomachine-controlled SHEEP!

Oh and let's not forget, the train was supposed to be accelerating out of control! You know! Like the entire plan depended on!

Perhaps it was Anarchy's mistake for going along with someone else's plan. Maybe it was her mistake to hold back her own. But what was she supposed to do?! She couldn't just let BRANCH and YGDRASSIL know about the AI!

It's a good thing she knows how to improvise.

BWWWWAAAAAAAOOOOWWW!!! The incredibly loud noise of an industrial-grade airhorn blares throughout the cabin. As soon as the room-shaking, ear-rumbling, and most likely hearing-damaging noise settles down, seemingly everyone in the crowded passenger in the car turns towards its source.

They see a teenaged girl standing there with the offending noisemaker in her hand, and a maniacal grin on her face.

"...LLO!" Anarchy shouts, the very first part of her words rendered effectively inaudible by the lingering sound of ringing in just about everybody's ears. "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Today is your LUCKY DAY because THIS is a HIJACKING!"

She strikes a cute pose, demonstrating her impeccable sense of priority as she uses this moment to show off her girlish charm. "Now all of you make sure to stay in your seats or else things will have to get bad! My compatriots and I have already taken control of this train and..."

Anarchy leans in and lowers her voice, like she's letting everybody in on some kind of secret. "...and trust me on this one, you do not want to see them when they get rough."

She makes a roughly head-shaped fist with one hand, and then uses the other to mime out some kind of projectile crushing it. "Nyoooooooorm! BSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!" Then she follows through by 'exploding' it and making some gross sounds with her mouth. "Gsshshshshshshhhh!"

It's all pretty gruesome if you have an active imagination. Otherwise it's just confusing.

"Okay?!" Anarchy hops on her feet a little bit and shoots some finger guns at the crowd. "Any questions?!"

quote:

<Takanago> okay let's distract some civilians
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> Takanago: 9 (2d6+1=2, 6)
Okay. Anarchy is going to distract the civilians from what's really going on (how much of a mess our caper is), and draw attention towards herself and her little sideshow instead:
Since I rolled 7-9 I choose two options, which are:
- You redirect their attention to someone else. (Anarchy)
- You confuse them for some time.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 12, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 3

Here it is! Anarchy's perfect chance! Her moment to shine and become a superstar-

Whump!

Unfortunately, the laws of physics seemed to have something to say as the sudden acceleration sends her flying right over onto her behind. But, you know, when you're lying on the floor, the ceiling lights shining right in your face sure do look a lot like stage lights, right?! So there's basically no problem! Yep, that's how it works!

Seemingly unfazed, Anarchy leaps to her feat with an acrobatic roll that even kind of manages to look like she did it on purpose. Or, at the very least, if there's anybody who thinks she looks like a doofus they're sure as heck not going to speak up right now. Everything's totally good.

Who can complain when they've got a captive audience right in front of them? Certainly not her.

"Alright, everyone!" Anarchy smiles and claps her hands together. "Are you guys ready to be famous?!"

She waits a moment, just in case anybody wanted to speak up and say no, and then fiddles around with a small device attached to her forearm. In response, her flying drone seems to spring to live as a whole bunch of lights start blinking on it and it starts flying around the room.

pre:
WELCOME TO ANARCHY-OS SYSTEM COMMAND PROMPT
THIS DEVICE IS IDENTIFIED AS: sweet_camera_drone
PLEASE ENTER A COMMAND:
>start hijacking broadcast
INITIALIZING...
Everywhere in the train, and even for a distance around, every unsecured electronic device with a screen suddenly goes black. Then its video image is replaced with this:

(Hi-res version)

A short and energetic clip of electronic music plays, grabbing people's attention before the intro fades and the video transitions to a live feed of Anarchy, recorded by the flying drone in the passenger cabin.

"HEL-LO EVERYONE!" Anarchy smiles maniacally, the same way she'd practiced in the mirror again and again in preparation for this very moment. "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Chumps and idiots of New Genesis! It is I! The one! The only! ANARCHY! DOT! EE! EX! EE!"

With the slightest movement of her hand, she pushes a button on the inside of her wrist which causes a musical riff to play and emphasize the moment. She follows it with a cute, off-kilter pose.

"Now you might be wondering... what exactly is going on?" She claps her hands together with false concern. "Why exactly is this young, beautiful genius talking to us this day? And what's going on with the monorail? What are these explosions?"

"Well," Anarchy winks and smiles. "Let me tell you~"

She strikes a dramatic pose. "It's because I'm HIJACKING it! Yes, that's right! It's a HIJACK! My minions and I have seized FULL CONTROL of this train!"

Okay, that's not technically true, but it's true enough for her purposes.

"And we've rigged it so this train ain't stoppin' baby! Can't stop, won't stop! It'll just keep accelerating until it crashes, taking out everyone on board!" The camera pans around the cabin, showing off the car full of scared civilians. "And we've planted explosives all over the tracks, too! And we have ways of dealing with anybody that tries to stop us!"

Anarchy gives the camera a sinister, confident grin. It's another looks she practiced a lot in the mirror this morning.

"We're holding this train for ransom! And if you want to see want to see your precious loved ones ever AGAIN you'll have to pay us..."

The group never really did settle on what exactly the ransom was supposed to be. But that kind of thing is only a problem for people that can't think on the spot, isn't it?

"ONE! HUNDRED! MILLION! DOLLARS! In digital, untraceable currency!" Anarchy shouts, giving a surprisingly reasonable unreasonable demand. Or, rather, it would have been reasonable if that's where she stopped. "And..."

A fire lights up in her eyes. "I want you to release the TRUTH behind how this city was founded! And of how this city is REALLY run! And I want FULL ACCESS to the city's computer networks! And I want you to give me a prototype of the new N-Tech phone! Now! Before it's even released! And they need to put the headphone jack back in! And I want the key to the city! And...! Yeah, that's what I want!"

Anarchy glares at the camera. "Do you hear that?! DO YOU HEAR THAT?! If I don't get it, or if you try to stop us... YOU CAN KISS. THIS. TRAIN. GOODBYE!"

Then she makes explosion noises with her mouth and mimics one with her hands. "Ka-BOOOOOOOOM! BSSHSHSHSHSSHSHSHHH!!"

"Now can I get an AAAAAAHH! from the audience?!" Anarchy demands, before the camera swings back around to capture the terrified audience's presumed screaming.

quote:

<Takanago> ok let's show our hand and amaze people with our sick awesome plan
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+0
<Platonibot> Takanago: 10 (2d6+0=5, 5)
Using the Maniac's The Deck/Show Your Hand move. The audience bonus might have added +1 to this, but it's irrelevant since it's a 10+ anyway. I hold 3 Cards for use /w gambits later.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 12, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 3

While the camera's turned around to face the crowd, Anarchy looks down at her wrist display to find a while bunch of notifications.

Deltasquid posted:

Phantom Thief

"Hey Anarchy," he said as he browsed through his phone's documents, "not saying you should right now, but if there is a lull in the action at some point, could you play this? It's a word from our sponsors."

He uploaded 'PT_promo_reel.avi.mp4' onto the system and disconnected his phone. "Thanks!"

"What is this?!" Anarchy sneers at the incoming filename. "Is this some kind of dumb virus, or does he just not know how to convert a freaking video?!"

Really?! '.avi.mp4'? What are you supposed to be, a gentlemen thief, or an incompetent grandma?!

"Pee-Tee, this is my moment. If you want to interrupt it with your dumb b-roll footage, it can wait." She discards the notification and, just to be safe, runs a malware scan on the dumb file. It's set to lowest priority.

jimmydalad posted:

K'lyathi

"Anarchy, get control of the train this instant!" She barked, her energy form allowing her to access technologies nearby her. This was certainly something that she needed to experiment with.

"What?!" Anarchy makes an annoyed face, like a spoiled brat being told they have to stop playing video games and come to dinner. "Can't you see I'm busy?!"

She sighs, then starts fiddling with her personal devices again."Fine, lemme just-"

pre:
WELCOME TO ANARCHY-OS SYSTEM COMMAND PROMPT
THIS DEVICE IS IDENTIFIED AS: anarchy_klyathi_hijack_device
PLEASE ENTER A COMMAND:

>configure train controls
ERROR: DEVICE IS NOT INSTALLED ON TRAIN, OR TRAIN CONTROLS ARE NOT RESPONDING.
PLEASE CONTACT ANARCHY.EXE FOR HELP.

>wtf
"WTF" NOTED. WOULD YOU LIKE THIS DEVICE TO SELF-DESTRUCT? Y/N

>n
"What did you DO?!" She yells, hopefully not loud enough to distract from the crowd from how scared they should be right now. "How did you SCREW UP getting control of the engine?! Why isn't the device working?! And wasn't it Ex-Pee's job to take care of that?!"

Theantero posted:

Whisperwind

Whisperwind leered at the arrogant alien aristocrat from under his hood. Bah. Wasn't like he needed her anyway. "Hey Anarchy", came a private whisper, "I have plan to make these crews and such here actually do their job and hopefully have us not die. Kind of failing at it at the moment. But with your help I could succeed."

"Haha."

"But hey? If you could superimpose my broadcast on your own totally sweet one, that would be grand. It would really help me out! And relax, it's too silent to interfere with your own thing."

"What, you too?" Anarchy grumbles. She's going back and forth between a few computer interfaces worn on her body and she's clearly a little overloaded right now. "Fine, fine! But I'm busy, okay?! Doing actual work AND trying to figure out what the heck you idiots screwed up up there. I'll open up a private audio channel but you're gonna have to do the rest yourself. Code's One-Three-Three Point Three Seven."

"Oh, and you owe me for this one. I don't know what yet, but don't think I'm just gonna save all your butts for free."

Spending 1 Plan to boost Whisperwind's last roll by 1.

Anarchy slams a few buttons on one of her forearm devices to make that happen, then turns her attention back towards sorting out the current situation in the control car. A quick scan of the local network shows an available open connection in Expatriot's visor, which Anarchy connects to.

When she joins, her pixelized avatar shows up in a corner of Expatriot's vision. The screechy sound of her voice soon follows over the radio. "Ex-Pee! What is going ON over there?! I thought you HAD this! Now I've got people yelling at me about how we're gonna die, and I can't access the device, and-"

While she's rattling off her list of complaints, Anarchy suddenly notices the big problem. "Hold on, is that a freaking HOLE in the brakes?! DID ONE OF YOU IDIOTS FREAKING BREAK THE BRAKES?! Oh my God! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

The girl makes a long, exasperated noise. It kind of sounds like one part of her is dying or something, from the sheer stupidity she seems to have to be dealing with. And as she does, she tilts her head to the side and sticks her tongue out to emphasize her point. She even goes quiet for a second, which is kind of amazing.

"...You're barking up the wrong tree, y'know, if you're gonna and try to fix that stupid mess."

Springing back to live, Anarchy rolls her eyes and pulls up a set of train blueprints on one of her devices. Then she presses a button to have it projected in front of herself as a miniature three-dimensional hologram. "I mean, you could, but you don't have to. I mean, those are just the main set of brakes. Every car should have their own, and if you could just get those to work independently you won't even need to deal with that piece of crap."

Anarchy zooms in and takes a closer look at the circuit diagrams. "All you'd need to do is just go to to all the sub-control units and splice each set of brakes into one of the train system controllers that you guys didn't screw up. Like the lights or something. And I can tell you exactly how you'd need to do this and where all these things are, but..."

The young celebrity takes another look at the crowd, trying to gauge how much the conversation they overheard and how much more panicked they are. "...I need SOMEBODY to actually get off their INCOMPETENT butt and actually come HELP me back here! I mean, I'd love to give you the tech support that you apparently need, but do you really expect me to handle that AND keep an eye on all the civilians AND do all of our public relations AT THE SAME TIME, ALL BY MYSELF?!"

Anarchy is Meddling in Expatriot's plot with some classic, Maniac-style backseat tech support. If Expatriot heeds my advice, she gets to take +1 forward and I get Influence over her. If she rejects it, I mark Curses! and lose any Influence I might have had. (I don't) This also triggers her "When others Meddle..." move.

Also I am noting again here at the bottom of the post that I spent 1 Plan to increase Whisperwind's last caper roll to 7.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 3

"Fine!" Anarchy throws her hands up in the air. "Do it your way, Ex-Pendable!"

She then immediately ends the connection with a click. Why waste any more time on someone that just won't appreciate good advice. And to think, Anarchy almost made the mistake of thinking that girl was smart. Ex-P's probably dumb enough to think she could stop this train with her bare hands.

Now, what was she doing? Oh, right! Performing for her audience! With her trademark smile returning to her face, Anarchy spins around and leaps into a cool pose and-

Wait. No, this isn't right. Something's wrong with them! They're not even LOOKING at her!

Oh no. This is what Whisper wanted to do?! Turn her precious audience into ZOMBIES?!

The sudden feeling of not being noticed, after such a glorious moment of being EXTREMELY noticed made Anarchy's stomach turn and almost want to puke.

"Oh, you definitely owe me for this one. Weirdo."

Or maybe it was watching Whisper's mind-control in action that made her stomach turn. Should someone even be able to DO that?! Should someone really have the ability to make people become so orderly, and so boring? To turn turn these poor denizens of meatspace into mere zombies?!

Wait, hold on. Aren't the dumb peons of meatspace kind of zombies already? Just mindless people trudging through boring routines with no sense of how the world ACTUALLY works? Aren't these people awful and tragic enough that they'd probably go through their entire LIVES working boring careers and never even committing a SINGLE crime?!

Okay, maybe Whisper's thing isn't so bad in the grand scale of things. It's still weird, though.

And, of course, so incredibly annoying to just lose everyone's attention like that. But, it's like they say, every time a door closes, a window opens, and every time a program crashes, more CPU cycles are available!

Hey Whisperwind, I'm shifting your Freak up 1 and your Superior down 1.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Rooftop | Cards: 2

"Oh what, already?" Anarchy grumbles. "We just got started! They haven't even started negotiating with us yet!"

She stomps her feet on the ground and dances back forth a little out of frustration. As if sticking around would get the group anything other than a prison sentence.

"I mean, we've got plenty of time, right? It's not we've got a bunch of heroes on our tail alr-" Anarchy changes her tone the second she looks out the train window. "WOAH, HEY! AWESOME! THEY'RE ALL HERE!"

"Okay." She grins. "Activate Phase Two."

Anarchy rubs her hands together maniacally, as if she were waiting for this moment her entire life, and opens one of the emergency doors on the train! She pulls the big lever and throws it open! While the train's still in motion! Like every passenger who's ever sat in an exit row seat has always dreamed about! What a madwoman.

Grabbing her bag, she climbs onto the roof with her drone following closely behind. Immediately, the roaring wind almost blows her previous hat right off her head. The inherent danger of being on this somewhat precarious platform makes itself quite obvious. But she does not care. She has something important to do. One last thing before the escape.

Anarchy plops her bag on the ground, and starts assembling some bits and pieces stored inside.

With one hand, she pulls out a megaphone. "HEY IDIOTS!" she shouts. "HEROES! NINCOMPOOPS! LOSERS OF JUSTICE! ANARCHY DOT EE-EX-EE HERE! AND I GOT A PRESENT FOR YA!"

And with the other, she pulls out a crude, multi-barreled hand cannon. It's covered in diagonal red and white stripes, held together mostly with duct tape, and has what looks like a whole bunch of fuses sticking out of it. It looks like it belongs in the world's unsafest carnival, or something.

"Drone! Start the music!" she commands. Soon some festive music starts playing over the broadcast, and blaring through any nearby billboard or electronic device equipped with speakers.

Then Anarchy pulls the trigger on her cannon, and fireworks start launching at a tremendous rate. They explode quite colorfully, and quite loudly, in the sky above the train. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"WHO'S GOT THE GUTS TO TRY AND STOP ME?!"

Spending 1 Card to Draw a temporary asset, a Fireworks Cannon.

Then Anarchy is going to wager that to distract the heroes from the actual trouble and draw attention to herself
<Takanago> Rolling +Trouble to distract the heroes and draw aggro. Wagering my new FIREWORKS GUN to add +1
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Takanago: 9 (2d6+2=1, 6)
Picking:
-You redirect their attention to someone else. (Anarchy)
-You confuse them for some time.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 16, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Train Passenger Car | Cards: 2
Temp Assets: Fireworks Gun

"Oh! Well if it isn't Cyberrrr..." Anarchy strikes a haughty pose and puts on a show of trying to remember the hero's name. "...chump?"

She laughs like a hyena. "Ohhhh MY! What a stunt you pulled... Gee, I thought you'd be in PRISON! For pulling ALL those felonies!"

Anarchy laughs again, then sticks out her tongue. "And WHAT, you've still got that LAME sword? Didn't I TELL YOU! SWORDS ARE FOR NERDS!"

Then she fires off a barrage of fireworks. "Maybe I'll have to TAKE it from you! Teach you a LESSON!"

She charges forward, pointing the festive hand-cannon towards the other cyber-nerd like it was some kind of real weapon.

SSSSSSHINK!

Suddenly, her precious firework cannon is cut in two! Oh no! Who could have predicted that a crude gun that shoots fireworks was not the best thing to charge into melee range with?!

<Takanago> rolling to engage cyberboy also wagering my fireworks gun
<Takanago> .roll 2d6
<Platonibot> Takanago: 6 (2d6=2, 4)

Bye, fireworks gun...

Takanago fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 18, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"AaaaaaaAAAAHH!" Anarchy actually screams for a second. Because, like who wouldn't when they're about to get their legs shortened by the power of high-frequency ultrasteel! But then he suddenly stops! Victory for Anarchy! "-AHHH! Ha! Ha ha!"

She jumps back, and then just starts pointing and laughing! "Ha ha! Ha ha! Owned! OWNED! You got OWNED! Cyberboy got OWNED! Ha ha!" Then she picks up her bag and starts running away. "See ya, sucker!"

"Hey!" Anarchy calls out over the radio. "Yo! Everybody! Wheres the escape? You guys did find a way to get me off this speeding train, right?! Well now's the time!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 20, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Pfft," Anarchy twists her head around to give Whisperwind a smug, crooked smirk. "Are you jeeeealous?!"

"Haha ha ha HA!" She laughs sharply at the idea, making it a bit harder to get a solid grip on her. "So WHAT, are you just gonna fly me away and rescue me now?"

"Ha ha ha!" The girl laughs again, then pulls her legs up in the air like she's ready to fly. This quickly forces her savior to suddenly support the entire weight of her body as her feet are no longer touching the ground. Ignoring this, or perhaps not even noticing the problem in the first place, Anarchy points one finger towards the sky and yells like a jockey commanding a racehorse. "Let's GO!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Trunk of DOOM | Cards: 2

"Huh?" Anarchy asks, clearly expecting to be rocketing through the sky rather than just suddenly appearing... here. "Is this dimensional space?! Or-"

She actually goes quiet for a moment, and listens to both what Whisper has to say and whatever noises are going on outside. "Trunk?! What are we doing in a trunk?!" Even when she talks, she's not that loud. Must be because of how cramped the space is... or just how close Whisper is.

It takes her a second to actually get the joke about her looking good in the right lighting. "Oh, what, are you actually hitting on- Wait. HEY!"

Anarchy sends a quick kick backwards, in Whisper's direction, then rolls away from him. As much as she can, at least, in these cramped conditions.

"Haha. Haha." She repeats back Whisprweed's dumb laugh, sarcastically, and then makes a 'blehhhh' face like she's grossed out. "Nice 'joke', dumbo."

Then she makes a smug, self-satisfied look. "I know what happened in the control car. You screwed it up, didn't you? You probably pulled a stunt like you did back at the apartment. But why? Oh, I know why!" Her smile grows wider, and even smugger. "It's obvious, you know! The way you act around Bee-Pee, K'lya, and me. You just can't resist the charms of girls that are smarter than you! You've got a serious crush!"

Anarchy hits Whisper in the arm. "I'm right, aren't I? Hitting the nail right on the head. You don't know how to handle our beautiful, charming brains and so you just go around teasing us until you get the crap beaten out of you!"

Anarchy is accusing Whisperwind of having a secret agenda: He screwed up the mission because he has a thing for smart girls and only knows how to express it by teasing them.

Theantero posted:

I pick:
-How could I gain Influence over you?

Here's an idea: "You're not wrong Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee, but- The truth actually is... I like you the most."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"..." Anarchy blushes for a moment, and as she is over by a silent, and quite obviously charmed, glee. She lies there quietly for a moment, with a grin plastered on her face that's maybe even wider than one she's ever shown before.

Then, as the sound of metal interrupts the moment, her quiet glee turns instantly into a very LOUD and MANIACAL joy. "HehehEHEHEhahahaHAHAHA!" She is overcome with a fit of wild, full-body laughter as every part of her seems to convulse with manic hysteria!

"Hahaha... Ha... Ha..." Eventually she seems to wear herself out and she comes down from her maniacal high. Still seeming to not quite know what to do herself, she crosses her arms in front of her chest and holds onto her own shoulders.

"...You still can't help it, can you? " Anarchy leans her head forward and puts on a look of playful, mock-concern. "Poor Whisper... Just can't resist a-"

And then they were interrupted. Again.

Anarchy gives Whisper influence on her.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Hey!" Anarchy pinches Whisper on the arm and pouts. "Don't tease other girls in front of your GIRLFRIEND!"

She leans in closer to him and smiles. "Or did you forget, Whisper? I told you, I know what your deal is!" Then she giggles and pulls her head back dramatically. "Or do you WANT me to tell everybody why you've been acting like such a dork today?"

Then she turns and waves at the other couple. "Have fun on your daaate~!"

<Takanago> i think I'm gonna rebuke whisperwind
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Takanago: 8 (2d6+2=2, 4)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Tunnel of DOOM | Cards: 2

"Well," Anarchy tilts her head to the side and puts her finger on her chin. "I'll talk to her and the next time she tries that I'll beat the CRAP out of her!"

She turns around and looks at the front of the car. "Like I should have with Bee-Pee back there." Then she shoots Whisper a smirk, already expecting some kind of sarcastic response. "Oh, I totally could have. You haven't SEEN what I can do to cyborgs, have you?!"

"Anyway~" Anarchy claps her hands together, and kicks one leg back into the air. "An arcade sounds great! We would actually try a lot of those two-player games I NEVER get to play! Like, there's a bunch of stuff that's actually kind of lame if you're by yourself, stuff that you can't even play AT ALL without two people, and-"

She stops to take a breath.

"OH! We could try one of those photo-booths! Y'know, with the STICKERS?! Yeah!"

She smiles energetically, and bats her eyes. "You wanna go~?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Tunnel of DOOM | Cards: 2

"When you're with ME, you gotta get used to the SPOTLIGHT!" Anarchy twirls around and strikes a cute pose, as if the cameras were already on her.

"Ha ha ha ha ha!" She laughs like a princess. "Oh, you can certainly BET that I am ready for the camera! What do you think I've been preparing all day for?"

Anarchy pulls out her phone, attaches a comically signal-boosting antenna to it, and starts looking stuff up on it. "Let's see, the closest arcade is... OH! Just a block away! Sweet! And it looks pretty cool, too!"

She leaps onto the exit ladder and extends her arm downward to Whisper. "Follow me, my sweet! To the MALL!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Alleyway | Cards: 2

"Oh yeah, that's right..." Anarchy looks upwards and ponders for a second, then makes a sudden realization. "HEY! Why'd you never just TELL ME you could teleport?! If I knew you could just DO that, I wouldn't have had to spend a whole FREAKING hour hiding in a dumb train bathroom!"

As she reaches the top of the ladder, the girl steps out into the alleyway and brushes off a bunch of dirt and dust off her clothes with her hands. "Are there any other tricks I should know about?"

Anarchy sneaks around on her tiptoes to the end of the alley, then sticks her head out and looks out into the main street. "And while we're on the subject... Any chance you could use your mind powers, or whatever they actually are, to make it so people don't call the cops on us?" She turns back towards Whisper and smiles in her usual way. "I mean, you might be able to get away walking around in there, but I'm sure MY face is all over the news by now!"

"Otherwise, I might have to..." Anarchy groans and puts the back of her hand on her forehead like she's about to faint dramatically. "Use my boring MEATSPACE disguise! I'd lose all of my devilish charm! And on my very first date with my new BOYFRIEND, too!"

She holds her arms tightly to her chest like a damsel in distress. "You wouldn't make me do THAT, would you?! Then we'd probably have to call each other by our MEATSPACE names, too!" She looks like she's going to faint again. Is she still acting, or is it real? "Could you even imagine... having to call me... Anne?!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Mall of WUV | Cards: 2

"Closer...? Oh!" Anarchy is caught a little off guard by the idea of the hug at first but, of course, she doesn't seem to mind. As Whisper casts the spell, Anarchy closes her eyes and leans her head forward so that her's is right right next to his.

As the hug ends and they pull back, there's a bright and strangely sincere look in her eyes.

Well, for a second, at least.

By the time Anarchy fully steps back, she's already reverted to her devilish grin.

"Oh, you think you can keep secrets from me~?" Her grin grows a little wilder, and her expression a little more maniacal. "The smartest GENIUS on the team? And the most RESOURCEFUL one, too?!"

"Ha ha ha HA!" Anarchy laughs confidently. "Please. If I really tried, I could figure you out no problem."

Stepping forward, the girl closes the personal space between them again. Then she waves her hand in the air and pokes Whisper in the chest with her finger. "You might think you're ~so mysterious~, but beyond your tricks you're just a dork."

Anarchy smiles and tilts her head. "A cute dork, though."

Then she turns around and looks at the crowd. "So... if it's a personal field, does that mean I have to stay close to you?"

Not taking any chances to be seen... or maybe just taking this chance to be close to her boyfriend, Anarchy holds onto his hand as they walk and doesn't stray far from him. As the two walk through the mall, Anarchy stares at all the mundane people going about their mundane lives like they're creatures in a zoo. "So this is what it's like not to be noticed...? I guess I never knew."

Eventually they reach the fourth floor. "Hey LOOK!" Anarchy points excitedly at the entrance to the arcade. "There it is! C'mon! Let's try the photobooth!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Mall of WUV | Cards: 2

"...?"

Anarchy furrows her brow and gives Whisper a strange look. For a split-second, her skeptical expression shows that something about his oh-so-casual dismissal doesn't seem to have landed quite right with her.

But it doesn't last. Anarchy's trademark joy is back in absolute full form the moment they reach the photobooth. "Ohh, thank you!" She whips her head back, and makes a theatrical display of being blasted away by her boyfriend's charm as she enters the booth and pulls him inside.

"Alright, lemme just fix up this baby!"

Dismissing a 'New Message' notification, Anarchy fiddles around with a computer device on her wrist. As she does, the photobooth screen blurs, distorts and flickers out a few times until suddenly the display completely changes. The title text that was previously there is replaced with "ANARCHY.EXE'S AMAZING PHOTOBOOTH", and most of the on-screen icons are replaced with her pixellated face. And, of course, there's no mention anywhere on-screen of having to pay money to use the machine anymore.

"OKAY! I got all the overlays and graphics I prepared for the broadcast hooked up in this thing! Let's GO!"

Anarchy mashes through the buttons, going through the options before they can practically even be seen. Is this what high-level photoboothing looks like?!

"Okay, let's start with some standard cute ones! It's how you HAVE to start!" She makes some peace signs with her fingers and smiles brightly for the camera.

3. 2. 1. "ee-ex-EEEEE!" Flash! Click!

"Okay, now put your arms like this, and your hands like this," Anarchy grabs Whisper's arms and moves them around like he's a poor, helpless mannequin. She does the same for his hands and fingers until he's forcibly put into a cute pose, then matches that cute pose with her own.

3. 2. 1. "ee-ex-EEEEE!" Flash! Click!

This goes on a few more times, until Anarchy seems satisfied with the level of cuteness.

"Okay, now we have to make ugly faces!"

Anarchy opens her mouth and stick her tongue out like she's about to vomit nanomachines or something. "Bleeehhhhh!"

3. 2. 1. Flash! Click!

"Okay," Anarchy smiles, "now we have to take just one more picture!"

Contradicting her, however, the photobooth displays a message reading, "HOORAY! YOU'RE ALL DONE!" Anarchy takes just one quick glance at it, though, and then gives the machine a very swift and very forceful kick. Wham!

The machine appears to short out, and the screen goes black for a second until it reappears with a new message:

code:
KISS HER
"OH!" Anarchy pretends to be surprised. "Would you look at that!"

Then she gives Whisper a very expectant look.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Arcade of WUV | Cards: 2

As the kiss ends and the two pull back, there's a deep blush left on Anarchy's face. Even the most maniacal and unbalanced villains, apparently, are not immune to the simple feelings of teenage romance.

Then she opens her eyes. and touches her fingers to her bottom lip. "...That was nice."

"...Also kind of weird." The girl slowly reaches her hand out, into the shadows of Whisper's illusory face. Her hand brushes the side of the boy's actual cheek, and slides down to grab his chin. "I wasn't really sure what to expect under there. But now I know."

"Now I've seen your meatspace face. You don't like to show it, do you?" Anarchy smiles, and nods. "That's fine. I don't like meatspace either. It sucks!"

She takes her hand off Whisper's chin, and then grabs the photo printouts. "Okay, these are mine. And these are yours..." Before she hands Whisper his set, she takes one of the stickers showing the photo of their kiss off of it, and sticks it to his chest. "There."

"Now that was fun," Anarchy grins her trademark grin. "But how about we his up the rest of this place?"

After the lovey-dovey couple leaves the photobooth, Anarchy pulls Whisper by the hand and leads the two of them through the arcade. As they march through, every once in a while she stops and declares "OKAY! We're playing THIS one!"

She's obviously played these games many, many times before. Most of them barely even present a challenge to her. Not only does she breeze through a lot of "tough" sections with ease, but she also pulls off all kinds of glitches and exploits that should not honestly even be possible. Sometimes it feels like she's showing off more than actually playing with someone.

"Would you look at that!" Anarchy brags. "Nine levels on one credit!"

Not that it matters. She's just been enabling Free Play mode on every one of these machines, anyway.

But she looks pretty dang happy. And that's what really matters, isn't it?

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 3/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: | Location:

"HahaHAHAhaha!" Anarchy laughs at Whisper's explanation of his agenda. "Was that IT?! Wow, they ARE so gullible!"

She kisses her fingers and gestures in the air like a chef endorsing a fine meal. "Seems like it was a bit much for them, though. Maybe next time you'll need to dumb it down!"

"Hahaha!" Anarchy kisses Whisper as he leaves. "Smell ya later, SWEETIE!"

Anarchy is clinging to the safety and comfort that HER NEW BOYFRIEND WHISPER can bring. She Marks Curses, And Whisper can shift her labels YET AGAIN.

---

"AWWW YESS!! I'M TRENDING!"

Back at home, Anarchy dances happily in front of her computer as she does a proper post-caper inspection of New Genesis's social media services. "I'm trending! I'm Trending! I'M TRENDING!!"

She might not have been able to get any ransom demands, but that didn't matter! This was her real goal! Everybody was talking about her! Some people were even making memes about her! How WONDERFUL!

The only indication of trouble was a single blog post...

quote:

Welcome to Victoria's Photo Blog!

warning: rant ahead

i literally can't believe this, but entire my CAREER has been ruined in one night! :bang: EVERTYHING that i've been working towards has been ruined by some crazy villain that calls herself anarchy??? (who-tf is she)

do you guys remember the work i've been doing towards getting the right photos for the New Genesis Super-Pullitzer Award? they're ALL gone. every single one of them. not a SINGLE backup is left :negative:

you're prolly not gonna believe this, but in that photo shop i set up (the one where i complain about the noise of the train all of the time) i had ALL of my film developing in there when all of a sudden some FIREWORKS come flying in there??? like, i'm not kidding. F I R E W O R K S. like the things that should be OUTSIDE, and not IN A PHOTO STUDIO.

idk how it even happened??? there might have been a hole in the ceiling or wall or something. it's a really old place. (i wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the whole rent thing)

anyway i'm crying, like literally crying over these photos that i put SO MUCH WORK INTO! (if you read this blog i hope u understand... this is my life) :cry::cry::cry:

so after i clean up the place (it almost started a fire!), i check the news and apparently some villain(?) named anarchy did it? i saw a video of her shooting fireworks off the train for some reason. she seems to want the headphone jack back in phones? or something? :iiam:

i don't think she's been caught since i didn't read anything about that. which is crazy since it looks like practically every hero in the city was there? :thumbsup: way to go heroes

anyway i dont think i'm going to be posting on this blog again for a while tbh. sorry. i'm not sure what i'm going to do... maybe i'll go on a personal investigative journalism/revenge quest or something

see ya
-Victoria Malek, Photographer of the Future edit: of Justice :c00lbert:

<Takanago> anarchy rollin for for heat
<Takanago> .r 2d6+5
<Platonibot> Takanago: .remember <word> [+]<data> s/<before>/<after> -- maps word to data in the memory, or
<Takanago> gently caress
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+5
<Platonibot> Takanago: 7 (2d6+5=1, 1)

Choosing: -A Hero wants payback

---

"What's this?" Anarchy asks, as she pulls some fat, metallic orb-like thing from the bottom of the loot pile.

Technically it's an NGX-671 Advanced Technological Assistant Drone, and if it's sitting in this loot pile it's presumably modified by the heroes for some extra-special use. But it's also basically a fat robot puppy.

"Did you steal a pet?" Anarchy gives Zeremiah a 'why would you do this'-type look, but the longer she holds the puppy orb in her hands the more she seems to get attached to it.

Slowly, but surely, a big dumb grin forms on her face as she stares at the generically adorable thing.

"Wan!" The dog orb barks.

"Oh, you've got set to Japanese!" Anarchy turns the thing around and opens a panel on the back. "I can fix that!"

She flips some switches, then the dog barks again. "Arf!"

"There you go." Anarchy turns it back around, and smiles.

The dog waves its ears around, and makes some more adorable noises.

"I'm gonna call him Emoji!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Trouble: +1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: +1
Curses!: 3/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: | Location: Penthouse

"HEEEE-EEEEYYYY!" Anarchy cartwheels into the living room while yelling at a volume that is sure to be appreciated by everyone else this morning.

She's wearing... the same clothes she was wearing yesterday? Or very similar clothes? Maybe another identical set? It wouldn't be out of the question, especially in this business....

Anarchy lands on her feet and sniffs the air. "Do I smell... pop tarts? And..." She sniffs again. "Something... else???" She makes a confused face, which is either a sign of the breakfast's unique smell, or her lack of expertise with food that isn't crammed with sugar and other junk.

"Hey, Ex-Pee! Hey, Bee-Pee!" Anarchy smiles and waves with both of her hands, seemingly immune to any of the negativity that may have been going around the kitchen. Then she turns to Whisper and gives him an extra-special wave. "Hey, Sweetie!"

Then she pulls a cat ear headband out of her pocket and smiles mischievously. "Look what I found on my door this morning! I wonder who left it there!" She gives her boyfriend a playfully suspicious look. "Hmmmm?"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 28, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Haha!"

Anarchy laughs at Whisper's joke. "Ohhh! Well if that's the case, maybe I should!"

She takes off her hat, throws it onto the table, then slooowly puts the set of cat ears on her head. "I think I feel it! Wait! No! I..." Suddenly her right arm jerks back, as if it's possessed by phantom force! "I... can't control it! I...!"

Anarchy struggles with her clearly possessed arm. It moves around erratically, in apparently uncontrollable fits. "Definitely! Can't! Control it! Oh no!"

Then in one final, dramatic movement, Anarchy's hand curls itself up into a paw. Then she looks at Whisper and winks as a cat-like smile forces itself onto her face. "Nyaa~!"

She keeps this up for a few seconds, until a certain remark seems to pop her bubble.

"HEY!" Anarchy stomps her foot on the ground and drops her cat act instantly. She makes an extremely annoyed face, then grabs the pop tart from her own plate and throws it at Netherwrath. "What the HECK!"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 29, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Standing in a stained hellscape that once used to be a relatively clean kitchen, Anarchy is busy preparing some fiendish smoothie. She empties a full bag of Soylent into the blender, and follows it up by cracking open two large energy drink cans and pouring those in there as well. Then she dumps in a few bags of Pop Rocks to make it even more sugary and, finally, throws in a candy bar to top it off. Because a smoothie should at least have some real food in it, right?

Anarchy throws the empty cans and bags on the floor, where they land in a rough pile next to all the other containers and wrappers she never threw away. And then with a dramatic flourish, she pushes a button and starts the blender.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

By now, it's a sound that everybody has gotten used to. Since Expatriot left, Anarchy's diet has not been exactly reasonable. Most of her meals, with the very notable exception of food that Whisper gets for her, have been either microwavable junk or these hellish, mystery smoothies she makes in the blender. Sometimes at four in the morning. It's gotten to the point where those among you who actually care about basic living standards almost feel relieved when she brings home some fast food garbage to eat. At least there's theoretically a balanced meal in there. And, okay, there might also theoretically be a balanced meal somewhere in some of Anarchy's hell smoothies, but...

Anarchy doesn't even put the lid on the blender when she uses it.

SPLAAAAASSSHHHH!!!

She reflexively throws her head back and dodges out of the way the moment that smoothie material starts to erupt out of the open, roaring blender. She's done this enough times by now that she seems to know exactly what she needs to do. Except put the lid on like a human being. Actually, have any of you even seen the lid in the past few weeks? Maybe it's gone forever...

In what might be generously described as the most basic act of human decency possible, once the smoothie stuff starts to erupt out of the blender Anarchy puts her hand over the opening to try to prevent it all from just splashing out onto every surface of the kitchen. It doesn't do a perfect job, of course, but a good eighty to ninety percent of the smoothie material seems to remain in the blender so it could be considered adequate, maybe.

RRRrrrrrrrrrr....

After an all too long amount of time, the blender dies down. Then Anarchy grabs her favorite mug, the one shaped like a robot skull, and pours a decent portion of the finished product in there. If anybody nearby looked closely at it, they would see it shine and sparkle a little bit.

"Haha!"

Anarchy laughs, sounding a little bit like a more energetic version of Whisperwind. She takes her boyfriend's kiss on the cheek, though she makes a quick little frown when he tries to sell her on the choice of caper. "Hey, it's not just about what you hack, but how! Do you really think I'd JUST be redirecting a bank account?"

"It's all about CHAOS!" Anarchy gestures dramatically with her arms, sending a portion of her drink splashing right out of her mug. "Using the caper as a beautiful CANVAS! Taking every TOOL and PAWN at my disposal and using them to make my MARK on this city! To show them beautiful ANARCHY! To crack this place WIDE OPEN like it is oh so BEGGING to be!"

"Ahahaha!"

Anarchy laughs again, then drinks some more of her awful smoothie. "But it's not like I don't like the idea of hacking all those security systems..."

"Or maybe we could..." Anarchy stares up at the ceiling lights for a little while as she considers suggesting her own idea. It's what a genius like her should do, right? It would just be a shame to keep letting the peons of the group keep coming up with the plans and being the masterminds. Masterminds should be smart, shouldn't they?! And yet...

Or... No, wait.

Anarchy grins as a new idea comes to her. Wouldn't the true mastermind be the person who manipulates the mastermind? A master mastermind? That's RIGHT! True geniuses don't focus on the problem in front of them, they think a few steps ahead! Why should she commit to a gambit that might lose, and even worse might burden her with responsibility?! All of these plans are good enough for her purposes, anyway...

"Hehehehehe!"

Anarchy abstains.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

After Whisper's finished with Expatriot, Anarchy does a long, ballerina-like twirl over to his corner of the room. As she does, she leaves behind a trail of of spilled garbage-drink on the floor.

"Hehe."

Anarchy takes a loud slurp of her smoothie, and with her free hand types something out on her phone. Then, a few seconds later, she holds her phone towards Whisper so he can read it.

quote:

lol you just love trying to get your butt kicked dont you

if you just wanted someone to say 'pretty please' you could have just asked me.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 3/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: | Location: Tree -> Outer Side Yard
Deck: 3 Cards

"Hehehe!"

As if on cue, Anarchy laughs over the radio system. "Did someone say they 'need a way into the system'?" She pauses to smile, an effect that goes almost completely wasted over the audio channel. "Just leave it to me!"

Right now, Anarchy is sitting in a tree located just outside the mansion grounds. A classic vantage-slash-infiltration-point for a smart criminal. Or perhaps too classic? Maybe. But it's not like Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee is going to climb striaght up a cliff like some dumb jock. And no way is she dumb enough to try just going through the front gate. So climbing a tree it was.

And now she's up here, sitting on a branch of a tree with her robot dog, Emoji, who just kind of looks happy to be here.

"Okay chumps, listen up." Anarchy says, with an air of authority, as she pulls up a miniature hologram blueprint of the estate on her wrist-bound computer. "If Ex-Pee's intel was right, this place's security system is AI-driven and decentralized. That means if we just take down one part of the system, the rest of it will probably notice! So if we want to take it down, we have to take it ALL down. At ONCE."

"There's two main ways you can do that. Either you could shut the power off, if you're a chump. Or, if you're beautiful cyber-genius like me, you can sneak into every node of the system and take them over at the same time."

"Hee hee." Anarchy gives a smug little giggle. "Y'know. Full-network takedown. It's no biggie. Just need to find a proper connection point for it. If I can do that, and if everything goes right, I should get full control no problem. That means EVERYTHING! Doors, drones, you name it! So don't mess this up for me, okay?!"

The way Anarchy describes it, the whole thing kind of sounds like a cinch. But with a system this complicated, and especially with something that may be AI-driven, there are all kinds of things that could go wrong. But hey, maybe Anarchy has it all figured out already. Or maybe she's just acting like she does.

Anarchy pulls out a small, light-up mirror and checks her make-up. But not for vain reasons, of course. No, tonight she has on some real, cyberpunk-as-heck face paint. Right now her face is covered in a giant, fancy arrangement of black-and-white geometric patterns designed to trick facial recognition systems. Her hair is also combed over her face in a similarly cyberpunk arrangement of spikes and curls designed to do the same. It all looks really strange, if you're not the kind of person who is into that kind of thing.

"Alright, I'm gonna enter the house-zone," Anarchy reports over the radio. "C'mon Emoji!"

After taking one quick look to make sure the coast is clear, Anarchy grabs her adorable robot dog and jumps out of the tree and over the estate wall. She looks cool for a second, as both she and her cyber-dog fly through the night sky like a pair of super-cool criminals.

Then Anarchy lands in a messy heap because she was never the type of kid who did very well in gym class. "Oof!" She curls up into a ball and clutches her robot dog. Who is fine. "Frick. Ow. C'mon..."

Just a few seconds later, though, Anarchy springs onto her own two feet. She smiles her usual smile, and looks like she's perfectly fine. "Okay." Anarchy sets Emoji on the ground, and takes another look around. "Let's go."

<Takanago> Anarchy is showing her hand
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> Takanago: 12 (2d6+1=5, 6)
Holding 3 Cards. Doing this in lieu of a Caper move.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 11, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 4/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard
Deck: 3 -> 2 Cards

"Hmmmmmmmm?"

As a heap of data comes in, Anarchy ducks behind a fancy topiary to give her a chance to keep up with it all. There was a whole bunch of information coming from K'lyathi, a whole bunch more coming from her own spy systems, and more than a few things just coming over the team's radio chatter.

"Hey Bee-Pee, yo heads up there's a tech crew heading your way," Anarchy pipes up, giving a fairly standard courtesy notice. Doing about the least she's obligated to do, before she focuses on the real juicy meat in front of her.

code:
Package delivery inbound. ETA: 20 minutes. Make sure you're ready. I don't want a repeat of last time.
What the HECK is this??? It's not just some late night pizza delivery, right?! (What could even go wrong with a pizza delivery? What would a repeat of last time look like? Okay that's actually kind of funny to imagine, but- Oh, FOCUS Anarchy!) Of COURSE it has to be something important! From someONE important! Right? OF COURSE! But- THIS wasn't part of the plan, was it?! This guy was just supposed to be some dumbo who inherited some cool stuff? He shouldn't be part of some conspiracy, right?!

Anarchy could feel a lump forming in her throat. A distinctly bad feeling.

She NEEDED to know more about this. If SOMEONE'S gonna ruin this plan with a big conspiracy and an unexpected delivery then AT LEAST Anarchy should be the first to know who it is before they do. Because of course they're gonna ruin it, right? Because it's not part of the PLAN! And the Plan is everything.

Luckily, making sure she knows is something that's well within her skillset. Who's better at Information Warfare than everybody's favorite lovable hacker, Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee?! Well there was that AI once, but- NOBODY!

Anarchy laughs a pointless giggle at herself, as if there's anybody listening. And as if it matters. Then with a very over-the-top motion, she raises her finger in the air and brings it crashing down on her wristpad.

Beep. The device makes a soft, anticlimactic noise.

code:
TRACING TEXT COMMUNICATION.
PROGRESS...............0.1%
As the trace starts, Anarchy can start to feel a tiny fraction of her newfound dread lift off her chest. But still something about the whole thing feels very off. And there's a distracting thought, too. Something related to someone else entirely.

Whisper's been teasing the other girls a lot again this mission. And- is that out of the ordinary? He does do that a lot in general. But you'd think he might do that less now that he's with you now, Anarchy. Or maybe you're just overthinking it. Or- maybe not? You did figure him out back in the trunk. Or did you...?

There's a bunch of muddled back-and-forth in Anarchy's mind as a whole bunch of half-formed hypotheses try to compete to try and figure out what the deal with her boyfriend is. But none of them really come out on top, and the only feeling that really emerges is that she doesn't know.

Maybe she should just ask.

With a small frown starting to form on her face, Anarchy switches over to a private comms channel and calls up Whisper.

"Hey, Sweetie..." Anarchy's voice trails off uncharacteristically, giving a clear hint that she's feeling off about something. "I-! I couldn't help but- um..."

Anarchy gives a loud sigh. "Hey, can we talk? It kinda seems you're... acting kind of weird. Or not weird, I guess- it's not weird for you, but- It's JUST-" She groans, pretty clearly annoyed with how her words aren't coming out right. Which is also pretty uncharacteristic of her. "It seems like- like you're still teasing other girls a lot. I mean, like K'lyathi and Bee-Pee and Ex-Pee. And..."

"Why?!" Anarchy raises her voice a little bit. "I mean, we both know why you like to tease them so much, right?!"

Anarchy grits her teeth and makes a troubled face. Whisper should know that, right?! Anarchy TOLD him why, last mission. When they were.. so close together in the trunk. He teases girls because he likes them! And yet...

"But now that we're together, I thought you'd tone it down..."

---

quote:

Anarchy spends a card and marks Insecure to activate The Maniac's Flash move, which allows me to ask the MC one question re: the caper and get an honest answer.

My question is: Who sent the text?

quote:

<Takanago> Anarchy dot ee-ex-ee is piercing Whisper's mask
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Takanago: 6 (2d6+2=2, 2)

Haha.

Anarchy marks Curses!

quote:

Anarchy is following up her pierce /w Accusing WW of having the following Agenda:

Whisper's agenda for this mission is to hit on/tease other girls behind Anarchy's back.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 4/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard
Deck: 2 Cards

"Ehehe," Anarchy giggles, instantly deflating any tension that might have been left in the conversation.

"Oh, how could I have underestimated such a cute little mastermind like you. Or- did I say underestimate? I mean you passed the test! Of course I was just testing you. Because we both know that I'm the real mastermind, right~? I would never fall for such a simple trick!"

"Hahaha!"

"Don't you worry! Next time you wanna spin a big ol' web and probably get yer butt kicked for the sake of the plan, I'll have your back. They all love me, so we're the perfect pair!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 4 -> 5/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard

"Oh! You think we could win the Dastardly Duo?" Anarchy asks. "Wait- Of COURSE we can win the Dastardly Duo! What duo out there could be more Devilish and Dastardly than US?!"

"Ahahaha!"

Anarchy laughs, and then there's a silence over the channel. And then Whisper scolds her.

"Hmmm, you're right, you're riiight! We are a team, aren't we? Working against each other is just SOOOOO counterproductive! A CPU has to trust what a hard drive tells it! And a genius has to trust her partner, too! We're two halves of a brain! Or two bytes in a word!1"

"Just think of the numbers we could represent if we all just worked together! The beautiful plans we could execute!" Anarchy sighs, as she pauses to imagine what is likely some rube goldberg-esque plan involving the whole team working together in perfect harmony.

"You're right! Why was I even wondering about you anyway?"

---

Anarchy is going to mark Curses! and get an advance. She uses it to get three more Gambits from the Maniac's deck. Also while looking at the Gambits the sheet says I can use them even at places I'm not physically at so that opens up a ton of potential. Muahahahaha.

quote:

Horse: You have just the right man (or monster) for the job. Spend up to 3 Cards to create a proxy that will obey your orders. Each card spent gives it an additional Condition it can mark. The proxy can take any action, but it counts as yours. When the proxy would trigger a move, roll +Cards spent, rather than the Label. At the end of the scene, the proxy remains, and may have their own agenda.

Mark: You’ve got the right piece of blackmail or bribery that will give you an edge over your intended victim. Spend 1 Card to blackmail or bribe someone, rolling +Menace to do so.
On a hit, take Influence over the target. On a 7-9, choose one: they take Influence over you, spend two more Cards, they will get their revenge later.

Raise: You support someone else’s action when it suits the bigger picture. Spend 1 Card as if it were a Plan point to give someone else a +1 bonus to their roll.

1: In Windows programming, a 'Word 'is a piece of data which holds 16 individual bits2 of information. A 'Byte' is a piece of data which holds 8 individual bits. In computing, data is often measured in number of Bytes rather than number of Bits so a Word can also be thought of as being made of two Bytes3. Thus forming the basis of Anarchy's metaphor.
2: A 'Bit' is an individual 1 or 0 you would see in binary numbers/code. When you put them together they can make larger and more complex numbers and other types of data.
3: How many Bytes are in a word is actually something defined by the architecture/operating system of the computer running the code. On some computers, a word might be 32 or 64 bits and ruin Anarchy's 'two bytes in a word' metaphor. As a computer genius she of course knows this. But it's okay, since she doesn't expect Whisperwind to know this.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Mansion Yard

Hmmmmmmm. That's sure not where you'd expect that kind of message to come from. What kind of police station makes deliveries? Is that bad? ...or is it good? It probably means some heat, some unwanted attention, and an interruption... But it means this guy is in on the CONSPIRACY, isn't it?! Y'know. Because of COURSE there's a Conspiracy in town. Look, the proof is right in FRONT of you!

"Hey GUYS!" Anarchy shouts over the radio, sounding somewhere between totally excited and totally scared. "Check THIS out!"

And then everybody on the team receives a text notification.

quote:

FW: WAKE UP SHEEPLE

ANARCHY DOT EXE TEXT DECRYPTION SERVICE
TO: THIS FREAKIN MANSION

---ORIGINAL TEXT BELOW THIS LINE---

Package delivery inbound. ETA: 20 minutes. Make sure you're ready. I don't want a repeat of last time.

"You SEE?!" Anarchy continues, "The PO-PO'S gonna be here in TWENTY MINUTES! Or maybe more like fifteen. But then AGAIN they're probably gonna be later than they say they are so it's more like twenty-five which is REALLY just twenty!"

"Okaaaaay?"

And then she pauses, patiently listening to Whisper explain his situation. "OH! Some other mind-bending powers, huh? I hope you're not talking about ME~!"

"Ha ha ha."

"Lemme just send something your way, sweetie!"

Anarchy crouches down, and puts her hand on her robot dog's totally retro scroll-wheel interface. The dog-machine's face switches from a standard display to a highly-technical and most-likely jail-broken text display.

Spinning her finger around on the dog's scroll-wheel stomach like it's 200X or something, Anarchy scrolls through a ton of menu items before finally setting on one that says "ENABLE NEUROLOGICAL SCAN"

"Okay, Emoji!" Anarchy says. "Go find Whisper! Go find Whisper's guy!"

And then the dog starts running off, as fast as it's adorably tiny legs can take it. As it leaves, Anarchy pulls up her wrist display which she switches to show a live feed of the robo-dog's sensors.

<Takanago> Anarchy unleashes her science to scan Jeeve's brain
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+1
<Takanago> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 7+1 = 8
Not going to take a condition, so the effect is unstable or temporary

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: With the Cars

"Heh heh!"

Anarchy laughs a laugh that sounds an awful lot Whisper's. "You're asking me if I know something?! Of COURSE I-"

BZZZZZT! KSSSH! BRRRRT! Before she can even really get started with one of her maniacal rants, a loud shower of painful electrical noise bombards Anarchy's radio receiver. It's pretty bad, but would also be a lot worse if her hearing weren't damaged already from all that loud music she listens to.

Not that that helps her ego.

"HEY! What the HECK!" Anarchy yells, futilely, at the radio channel with one less listener. "You think you can just MESS with me because you're jealous that I have a boyfriend and you DON'T?!"

A moment of silence passes.

"Ugh!" Anarchy makes a very annoyed sound when it becomes clear BP's end of the line is shut off. "You wanna see if I can find people?! Well find this!"

Pulling up a tactical heads-up display, Anarchy shoots a menacing glare towards BP's noted position on the mini-map. "There you are!"

And then Anarchy starts running through the mansion grounds, following the trail in front of her. There's a surprising speed to her steps, for someone so un-athletic. Maybe her horror-smoothies are surprisingly nutritious? Or maybe it's just all the excess energy from the eight or so energy drink's she's had today. 1000% the daily recommended amount of caffeine and not burning that energy on any kind of exercise has to make up for something, right?

It's fortunate for her that so many of the security systems have been taken care of already, or her mad dash would totally be noticed by just about everyone.

---

Some time later, Anarchy kicks in one of the side-doors to the car show room. It might be a dramatic entrance... if not for how very noticeably winded she is.

"Hey!..." Anarchy tries to yell, but the result is less than impressive because of how completely out of breath she is. It takes her a second or so to rest up before she can even continue talking. "You... got... something... to... say?! Bee... Pee?!"

Anarchy's eye twitches as she looks at BP. She looks either extremely mad... or maybe just extremely cranky from having just run all the way across the mansion which is a lot for someone like her, okay?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 1| Conditions: Afraid | Location: Totally Not Dying in the Car Room

"Am I... okay?" Anarchy repeats the question incredulously, before breaking into a coughing fit. She's still very much out of breath.

"Since-" Cough. "when-" Cough, cough. "have you been concerned about-" Cough, cough, cough."ME?!"

Anarchy doubles over in a pretty concerning manner, until she pulls a small inhaler out of an obscure side pocket and uses it. Then she seems to recover in an instant.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" She strikes a grand pose and laughs, wasting no time putting her suddenly-recovered respiratory system to good use. "Who needs to see a dumb ol' DOCTOR?!"

Her vital signs seem... better. In the short-term, at least. She doesn't look like she's about to suddenly have a heart attack anymore, but this doesn't really do anything about her medium or long-term health issues.

"It doesn't matter anyway," she tosses her inhaler back in her pocket. "In a couple years I'm gonna be done with this dumb meatspace body, anyway! Who needs it?"

"I mean, YOU'VE got the right idea, am I right?" Anarchy grins and points at BP's cybernetics. "Or maybe I'll become the first human to upload my mind to CYBERSPACE! Muah ha ha ha ha ha!"

• Locked thread