Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Freak: +2 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: 0
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

K'lyathi's face was unreadable as she took in her surroundings. She had shed her human form by this point and was trying her best not to shut Anarchy.exe up with force. Did she have to be so loud about everything? K'lyathi wondered this to herself as Anarchy went running around the room breaking things. She let out a frustrated sigh as she took deliberate steps towards the sofas.

She might as well let Anarchy have her fun. It wasn't like she particularly cared about her destroying the safe house or anything. Rolling her eyes as Zeremiah lounged across the best sofa in the room, K'lyathi came to the quick conclusion that none of these seats would do for her. Who were BRANCH kidding giving her such unregal seating arrangements? She knew that she would have to make amends to that.

Unhinging her jaw in front of everyone, thousands of nanobots poured out of her mouth and began to coalesce on the floor. From there, they began to shift in form, clinging together and crawling upwards until they created a large throne that was taller than all of the other chairs, sofas or stools that could be found in the apartment. Satisfied, K'lyathi took her seat on the throne, looking down at everyone else.

"It's nice to know that something is being done about Little Judas. It almost makes up for the fact that YGGDRASIL let him into BRANCH in the first place." The thought of his betrayal was still clearly a sore spot in K'lyathi's mind. Slouching, she began to play with some of her nanobots, letting them fly around her hand like a mini solar system. Her eyes moved lazily in the direction of Anarchy as she rattled on about unintelligible plans that made no sense to her. The fact that this girl was probably one of the most competent people on the planet who could stand a chance at defeating her was comedic.

"Can you speak in a language that we might actually be able to comprehend?" K'lyathi droned, rolling her eyes at the incoherency. "Yes, let's openly advertise ourselves to the public so that the stupid heroes can stop us before we even have a chance to concoct our plan. While we're at it, we might as well tell them where our safehouse is. You know, because that's a brilliant idea."

K'lyathi crushed her hand, causing the nanobots that were circling her to explode. She looked to the rest of the group as the throne she sat on shifted slightly to accomodate her movements.

"Does anyone have a plan that isn't stupid?" If she had to, K'lyathi really didn't have a strong urge to come up with a plan. She preferred to gauge the others, see what they were thinking and then go from there. While that was happening, some of the nanobots from her throne began scuttling around the room, fitting themselves into any nook and cranny they could while also trying to move towards the other villains. Contingency plans, after what had happened with Little Judas. K'lyathi had the sinking suspicion that she was going to have to be the one to come up with the plan. After all, they were all humans and Anarchy's ramblings hardly constituted a plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi's throne bristled as she got slapped by the trout. Pure anger shot through her system for a second. Fire seemed to exude through her eyes as she searched for Whisperweed. When she heard Whisperweed continue to talk, however, she regained control over her emotions. In fact, a satisfied smirk playfully stretched across her lips. She scoffed at Whisperweed and focused her attention on Anarchy.exe complaining.

The thing is, K'lyathi had already won the fight between the two of them. Since she had dispersed her nanobots around the room, Whisperweed left himself open to nanobot invasion when he spoke. Following the sound of his voice, the nanobots found him and had already begun the process of invading his body and nestling in his brain. Their size made it hard for them to be seen, but K'lyathi could still feel them thanks to her technopathy.

"I'm sure we can get attention through our schemes when they are successful and ruin the days of whatever heroes try and foil them." K'lyathi mentioned, dismissing Anarchy's complaints. "Trying to steal something again? Are we really running out of ideas? We did that last caper. You humans will probably think we were a one-note team that can't do anything else. I very much would like to avoid that reputation."

K'lyathi continued to lounge on her self-made throne. Others still had yet to speak, so she still held out a tiny bit of hope that someone would come up with something better.

jimmydalad> I'm gonna roll to spread that contagin to Whisperweed
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 11+2 = 13
<Theantero> D:
<jimmydalad> lololololololololol
Gaining influence on Whisperweed via nanobots

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi continued to listen to everyone's suggestions with a bored look on her face. Humans were so annoying, especially when they were trying to act superior. Still, Expatriot seemed to be the one to take up the mantle of suggesting a plan. Granted, K'lyathi knew she could come up with a better one. At first, she was content to go along with Expatriot's plan. It didn't seem to be incoherent, ridiculous or mind-numbing. However, Whisperweed's words struck a nerve within the alien as she sat up for the first time since she had gotten here.

"Well, if you so insist on me coming up with a better plan, I might as well give one. I was giving you humans a chance, but obviously, you need my help to come up with a good plan. Allow me to enlighten you Earthfolk on something. You know Rutherford Incorporated? Recently, they've been working together with Variable Reduction Inc. to construct a battle robot. While I could probably construct something better given time and materials, apparently it's the most impressive battle-ready robot available in New Genisis. I suggest that we steal it or hack it and then use the robot against them. We could attack public areas like Monorails like Expatriot's suggestion while also drawing attention to ourselves without revealing all of our plans to the rest of the humans. The robot is huge from what I hear and the companies were going to use it to "defend the public" and "keep the harmony". If they aren't going to use it, we might as well and it would also mean that they lose something that they could use against us."

K'lyathi gave a self-satisfied smirk in the general direction of Whisperweed, guided by the nanobots that had settled inside him. She felt confident in her plan. After all, it was conducted by her. She felt slightly bad about showing her cards, but that dumb human had frustrated her to the point where she needed to make a statement. An impact on the entire proceedings. Plus, it was fun to laud her superiority over others.

"While we could go with canisters for my nanomachines, we can honestly set them up without them. They are small enough to fit anywhere easily. If we had the robot, however, all that set up wouldn't be necessary. With what went wrong last mission, overplanning could lead to our downfall. I have many ways to spread my nanomachines, so don't worry about that."

K'lyathi counters Expatriot's Caper with her own Caper.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions:

Why weren't the humans impressed with her plan? K'lyathi found it hard to understand why only Breaking Point expressed any support for her. They had the nerve to call it "mundane" and "stereotyped". She brought the nanomachines that were circling her back to resting on her visage. Stroking them with an uncertain look on her face, K'lyathi took some time to try to come up with an adequate response to the threat she was being presented with.

"We didn't steal a giant robot last time, we tried to steal a military weapon. Those are two entirely different things. Additionally, the people wouldn't have time to think before they get obliterated by lasers and other weapons. Unlike with the previous disaster, we can actually use the robot against people and, maybe this time, the Phantom Joke over there will be able to keep track of what we're going for so that we don't have it stolen from underneath our noses."

K'lyathi formed a ball of nanomachines in her hand to play around with, hoping to focus her emotions on that rather than on the blatant sacrilege that was happening to her and the others. Thinking fast, she turned to Anarchy.exe.

"At the same time, though, I can understand if you think a giant robot is too hard for you to hack. Maybe you could have an easier time hacking tv screens if you aren't up for a challenge."

<jimmydalad> Going to roll to provoke Anarchy.exe to support my caper
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 3+2 = 5
Marking Curses!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Things weren't falling into place and K'lyathi was getting increasingly frustrated. She clenched her hand tighter, trying to keep her cool. It wasn't to be, however. Especially since the words that were coming out of Whisperweed's mouth were just so rage-inducing. How dare he act in such a brazen manner? K'lyathi wanted to make his life hell. To make him pay.

Standing up from her throne, she unleashed a hellful screech, extending her arm out in the direction of Whisperweed. Clenching it, her eyes turned black as she overloaded the robots inside of his brain to short-circuit and unleash a strong electrical spark right into all of his pain receptors. She didn't care about destroying the nanobots she had placed in his brain. All that mattered to her at that moment was venting her anger and making him pay.

"I do not need to answer to you, scum!" She declared, her eyes still black. "Why don't you make like your voice and just disappear?"

[12:37] <jimmydaladphone> Roll to directly engage Whisperweed
[12:37] <jimmydaladphone> !r 2d6+1
[12:37] <Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 5+1 = 6
Going to burn my influence to increase it to a 7 and impress/surprise/frighten Whisperwind

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Freak: +3 | Danger: 0 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1

Now that Whisperweed was out of the picture, or at least she assumed as much since he didn't make a smartass retort to being fried by nanomachines, K'lyathi seemed much happier as she plopped back down on her throne. In particular, she looked to be actively enjoying Anarchy.exe grilling the Phantom Thief, chuckling to herself as she went back to playing with her nanomachines. In fact, she shot Anarchy a sly wink and a little smirk once she had finished ranting.

Then, of course, Expatriot had to talk and ruin it all. K'lyathi rolled her eyes in response, huffing to herself at the tone that Expatriot took with her.

"Well, if you so insist, I will use my superior technology." She responded curtly. Nanomachines started pouring out of her hands and moved towards the door. Building themselves into a blockade, she admired her handiwork for a second before turning back to the others. She didn't know where Whisperweed was, nor was she too bothered to find out. She assumed he wasn't inside, because he probably would've made another comment to try and infuriate her even more. If he was inside, oh well. If he was outside, it'd be fun to see him try and get past that.

"You speak so harshly Expatriot." K''lyathi interjected. "But I guess we are running out of time."

At this point, K'lyathi wasn't really bothered about what caper they went with. She thought she had a good idea, but since she vented all of her anger out on Whisperweed, she was not as compelled to have to go with hers. It wasn't that Expatriot's plan was a bad one, K'lyathi just knew she had a better one. She told herself that they were only humans, though. It wasn't like they could understand her.

K'lyathi is going to respond by shifting Freak up and Menace down since while she sees herself as more unique and less like other humans, she probably has lowered her standing in terms of appearing nefarious.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

In a move that surprised no one, Anarchy ended up choosing Expatriot. That was fine with K'lyathi. She obviously had a better plan, but these humans can't understand the majesty of it all. She was all too ready to tell them how dumb they were when they would have to fight against the giant robot. She'd thought that they'd want to deal with possible threats that would face them, but obviously, they didn't have any sense of self-preservation.

"If he is to be the presence onboard the train, then he'd obviously have to carry some of my nanobots." K'lyathi began, realizing what Breaking Point was doing. "My nanobots would need a way to get on the train and he would be the perfect person to not only hide on the train, but also to be the host from which my nanobots can infect the rest of the train and cause them to panic. I'm sure you have no objections to that Whisperwind?"

There was silence. K'lyathi had the suspicion that he wasn't even in the room, so he had no way to object to the plans that the two of them suggested. She let the silence hang in the air, having a few nanobots dance on her throne while waiting for a good amount of time.

"I'll take that silence as agreement with the plan. Excellent."

She couldn't for Whisperweed's reaction.

I'm gonna ask the following questions to Whisperwind:
What weaknesses are you hiding?
What do you care about most right now?
What do you intend to do?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Unfortunately, Whisperweed decided to make his return at this point. So much for her wishful thinking. At least by this point, Whisperweed decided to focus his attention on Breaking Point rather than herself. What a relief. K'lyathi didn't want another incident like the one that happened before. She already had lost control of her emotions once today and she didn't want to have to lose control of them again. Especially since it would mean having to listen to Expatriot whinge.

On the topic of Expatriot, she decided to drill the group about the plan. K'lyathi did her best to look interested, even if it was just so boring. Still, the plan wasn't too bad. In fact, there were quite a few positives she could take. For one thing, she got to spend time with Anarchy.exe, who while incoherent, shared an appreciation for technology. Maybe she was too hard on her before. She didn't look particularly happy with her. Then again, she was so focused on Whisperweed. At least it seemed like the plan involved him being far away from her.

K'lyathi bolted up in her seat as Breaking Point lost control and punched him hard. A gleeful giggle escaped her lips as she watched his figure smash into the wall. She gave Breaking Point a thumbs up, something which she had learned was an expression of good faith. Anyone who was willing to do that to Whisperweed deserved at least a little praise. Additionally, she took the opportunity to get her nanobots to work. A few from her throne scuttled off surreptitiously, doing their best to avoid detection from the others, and succeeded in settling themselves inside of Whisperweed's brain.

"I am fine with that plan. It will be nice to spend time with someone who has as much of an appreciation for technology as myself." K'lyathi stated, giving Anarchy a disjointed smile. She was still not 100% used to human expressions.

<jimmydalad> Yep, gonna roll Contagin on whisperwind since K'lyathi can see him splattered against the wall
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+3 = 11
Welp, I have influence again

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Anarchy seemed to be not unhappy to be paired up with K'lyathi. Then again, she's Anarchy. K'lyathi had no idea how a crazy girl like her thought, even if she had nanomachines inside her. At least she had the sense to know when to stop talking unlike certain people who were splattered against the wall. At least this way he might actually learn a lesson about not pissing off the robot with giant fists.

"Oh, is that still up?" K'lyathi tilted her head slightly in mock confusion. "I guess I'll just deal with that."

The nanobot blockade fell apart instantly and scurried their way back to K'lyathi. The creatures just seemed to slip into her with no problem whatsoever. In any case, she was growing bored with the throne. Jumping off it, the throne stood strong for a second before melting onto the floor as the nanobots that made up its structure made their way back inside her, though a few more of them were dispersed around the safehouse.

"Now then, is there anything we need to do? Maybe repair the wall that Whisperweed has oh so kindly splat himself on?"

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, maybe she probably wasn't paying as much attention as she should've to the plan that Expatriot suggested. She assumed that she'd be able to hack the device from a far distance away and not need to be on the train. It wasn't her fault that Expatriot was so boring that she didn't listen to the part about how the maintenance port was on the train. Why couldn't humans make machines in a way that would be more convenient for herself?

In preparation, K'lyathi had already seeded most of the train with her nanomachines. She made a strong effort to stealthily disperse them throughout the train as she made her way up to the lead car. Alongside that, thanks to the materials provided by BRANCH, she had developed a new kind of technology, one that aided with the more stealth-focused aspect of the mission. They came in the form of small cubes that fitted inside her pocket and once she had inserted her nanomachines, the cube would expand and eventually take shape of a humanoid robot with simple capacities including lasers, full 360-degree rotation, and jetpacks. If she had more time, she knew she would've been able to add more features, but they would do for now she supposed.

Still, K'lyathi wasn't happy. She hated trains. They were so inefficient, cramped and claustrophobic. They moved so slowly and she vastly preferred just having her nanomachines be built into a jetpack so she could fly around. In comparison to that feeling of wind blowing over her, being on a train was like being stuffed into a bun and shoved into an oven. The number of putrid humans only increasingly contributed to the heat of the car and she could feel the sweat on her face dripping off her.

In the human form she disgusted so much, K'lyathi sat on the train, looking increasingly discomforted the longer she sat there. Why couldn't she just be with the others who weren't on the train? Oh yeah, she needed to help Anarchy. So she was stuck in an environment she didn't like surrounded by humans that disgusted her and feeling cramped due to the number of people that were on the train. She rolled her eyes just as Expatriot got on the communicator.

"K'l- I mean, Omega reporting in for- H-hey, what do you think you're looking at!?"

That was not something K'lyathi had anticipated. The people on the train were giving her odd looks as she talked into her communication device. She hadn't really made much effort to hide it and its odd form was certain to attract a little attention. Additionally, she had spoken quite loudly into the device. As both things brought more unwanted attention to her, K'lyathi felt like a million eyes were on her and that realization only caused her to feel more flustered.

"Do you have nothing else good to look at? Just go focus on whatever you were doing before!" Why were humans so nosy? She tried to tell them to leave her alone, but that only encouraged them to focus on her even more. Did they not understand basic orders? Looks of confusion started spreading around the car as now everyone was focusing on her. Worry started to spread through her. What was she supposed to do? She didn't want to be the one to ruin the plan. She was so much better than that. Now that everyone was staring at the eccentric girl on the seat, K'lyathi was more discreet and quiet about communicating to Expatriot.

"Expatriot, these humans won't stop looking at me. I'm in human form and I tried to tell them to leave me alone, but that just caused more people to pay attention to me. Is this going to mess up the plan? What am I supposed to do to get them to mind their own business?" Though K'lyathi tried to maintain her composure, a tinge of desperation and worry was present. Her eyes moved around erratically as she tried to come up with a solution.

Welp, looks like it's time for K'lyathi to Meddle with the plan.

You learn quickly the hard way that you’ve got a lot to learn about keeping a low profile. Ask them what kind of complication you suffer due to this, and what you still have to learn. If you follow this lesson, take +1 forward to do so, and mark Curses!

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 11, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions:

K'lyathi nodded her head as Expatriot unloaded information about what she needed to do. Why were humans such contrary species? It was another reason why K'lyathi loathed humanity. They were so odd, confusing and lacking of logical thought processes. It was something she didn't understand and, in this particular moment, felt like she would never understand. Still, they were just stepping stones towards her long-term goal of intergalactic domination.

Where the hell did Whisperweed come from? She jumped slightly in her seat as his voice suddenly drifted out of nowhere. God, the humans were making her lose focus on her nanomachines. How dare they do that? Trying not to draw more attention to herself also meant that she had to just sit there as Whisperweed made fun of her. How had she managed to mess up such a simple task?

K'lyathi didn't believe him, but watching him in action made her want to eat her words. Her eyes were focused on all of the humans falling under a trance and a sense of dread came over her slightly. Whisperweed could do that? She had assumed that all he could do was make himself basically invisible. The fact that he had a power that almost seemed similar to hers in terms of influencing people made her uneasy. She knew she would have to keep her guard up around him, especially since now she knew that she owed him. That was probably the worst thing in the world.

Still, now wasn't the time to worry about that. K'lyathi had to follow what Expatriot told her to do. While uncomfortable in her environment, K'lyathi still tried her best to ignore everyone. It was something she had done before, so it came more naturally. Not making eye contact with anyone and not acknowledging their existence, she waited and wished for the moment she would stop having to dress up like a pitiful human.

<jimmydalad> going to use the provoke move to have people leave me alone via ignoring them and following Expat's instructions, which also gives me +1 forward
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 5+3 = 8

Marking Curses! due to the meddle effect. Whisperwind also gains influence over K'lyathi due to him saving her butt and her not realizing what weird thing he did to her.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi groaned quietly to herself hearing Whisperweed intentionally messing up the plan. It was a completely different situation to herself, of course. After all, it wasn't like she went out of her way to mess with the plan. It was just that humans were so confusing and dumb to her that she ended up getting herself into a sticky situation. Whisperweed, on the other hand, seemed to actively subvert everything they had been working towards.

She remembered some information that she had gained on him when she fried his brain. Originally, she had wanted to keep that information to herself to use for blackmail in the future. With the way that things were looking, however, she realized that she was going to need a bit of help. Out of everyone in the group, she had the most faith in Expatriot not to be stupid about it. Anarchy was only really good with technology, not people. That was something K'lyathi had noticed during her observations of the group.

Holding the communicator, K'lyathi used her technopathy to make a few adjustments. The communicator buzzed with white noise into her ear as she fine-tuned the mechanics of it all. Adding on private channels was something that was a mere chore for her, but she didn't want others using private channels on communicators to talk about her. That would just leave her open to more opposition. Once she had finished, she changed the channel so that only Expatriot could hear.

"Hello Expatriot, K'lyathi speaking from a private channel." She briefed, lowering her voice so that the other passengers couldn't hear. "You need to keep a close eye on Whisperweed. During the encounter we had yesterday, I managed to pick up some information about his intentions. Because I made him look like a fool, he's been trying to gain as much information on me as possible. However, he's intending to gain as much information on the team as possible that he could use against us as well as find out the interpersonal mechanics. I was so focused on what he was doing, he may have done something to me while I wasn't paying attention. It's just a hunch, but that boy is not to be trusted. I hope you use this information well."

Once she had finished, she turned her attention back to being as inconspicuous as possible, making sure she changed the channel back to the general group. If he had done something to her while she wasn't looking, Whisperweed was going to be getting another brain frying. Maybe this time, she could permanently rearrange his brain.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions:

Ugh, Whisperweed did not know when to shut up. At first, K'lyathi wanted to exercise restraint. This was the way he was. He was always going to be annoying, petulant and excruciating to deal with. However, he dared call her Braintazer. That was such an ugly name and he was ruining the heist. She was compelled to teach him a lesson. No, she needed to teach him a lesson. She wasn't going to braintaze though. He probably was expecting that.

Keeping track of him with her nanomachines, she thought of just the perfect way to get to him. A simple laser wouldn't hurt. Well, it wouldn't hurt her at least. He would also look foolish in front of the people on the train. That thought pushed her forwards. Using one of the nanomachines hiding in the vents, she charged up a small laser and fired it at the general direction of Whisperweed. She didn't pay too much attention and just assumed that it hit. After all, she had never missed before.

In retrospect, she probably should've put more effort into aiming.

<jimmydalad> Eh, why not
<jimmydalad> rolling to directly engage whisperwind again
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 4+1 = 5
Marking Curses!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions:

Crap, why couldn't things go her way for once? She grumbled to herself as things started to go crazy. People were panicking, Whisperweed was telling people to do stupid stuff and now the Phantom Joke was harassing her. Why did Whisperweed have to mess things up for everyone?

"No Phantom, we haven't gone hot. I just wanted to teach Whisperweed a lesson." K'lyathi admitted begrudgingly over the communicator. "He was messing up the plan and disobeying Expatriot's orders. I thought a laser would set him straight and I missed, ok?" K'lyathi didn't know how she had missed. It was probably some of Whisperweed's stupid magic that made her laser miss. Still, things were looking bad.

"Expatriot, because of recent events, can I now just shed this stupid form and infect everyone? It'd help calm them down." K'lyathi seemed oddly calm in the chaos surrounding her. Ok, so maybe she lied about being able to use the nanobots to calm down the civilians, but Expatriot didn't need to know that.

Going to Mark Curses!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

"Hey, what the hell is Neverwrath doing? Why are you listening to-" K'lyathi's talking was suddenly interrupted by a wave of sudden thoughts. W-wait a minute, what's going on? What was she doing here? She began to feel disorientated, the world swirling around her for a moment. She was finding it hard to get her head straight as foreign forces started to work on her mind.

After a few moments, she gained some control over herself. Her mind was still heavy as she began to get annoyed by all of the humans. God, why did they have to be so loud and annoying? Couldn't they just shut up?

"Hey, can someone get these humans to shut up? They are so annoying." K'lyathi spat into the communicator. Her mind, for the moment, was as far from Whisperwind as it had been since they first met. Still, there was a part of her that felt like she was forgetting about something.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Hey, what the hell! K'lyathi was suddenly dragged under the seats by some dumb human. An incredulous look stretched across her face as realization started to hit. Whisperweed. That bastard was dead. She had no time to deal with this stupid human. She felt the nanobots inside him. She could follow up on him later. Breaking free from his grasp, she took of in a run towards the general direction of where she could feel Whisperweed. Expatriot was close too. That had to be good right, she would stop him, right?

On her way, the nanobots started to register changes in Expatriot's brain. That was not a good thing. Not a good thing at all. As she entered, she heard Whisperweed casting his magic on her and she seemed like she was falling for it. At least, that's what her nanomachines were telling her. Letting out a loud sigh, she changed out of her human form.

"Expatriot, I thought you were better than that. Whisperweed is using his dumb magic on you. He used it on me just now." K'lyathi admonished, her eyes turning black. "You're lucky that I have my nanomachines inside you to fix this problem. Don't want you doing anything stupid now, don't we? Plus, you aren't my enemy at the moment. Whisperweed is."

K'lyathi immediately went to work, expertly sending out electrical pulses and trying her best to undo all of the magic that Whisperweed had tried to cast on Expatriot. Precise, electrical sparks were sent out all around Expatriot's mind as she tried to rearrange the brain in a way that would break the magic that was cast on her.

"Now, we need to get back on track and get Whisperweed. I can track him easily." A sudden thought hit her. She quickly got on the communicator.

"Everyone, Whisperweed is not to be trusted. He's just cast his magic on myself and Expatriot. Take him down before he gets away!"

<jimmydalad> Going to use The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste to roll Cow/Rebuke on Expatriot to snap her out of it
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+4 = 12
Adding a Plan to the Pool, bringing us up to 2 again.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 12, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

"Don't try and act innocent fool!" K'lyathi responded. "The only reason I had to resort to such measures was because you were actively disrupting Expatriot's commands. You've been like that the entire time we've been on this misson! You do not get the chance to try and play the fool now!" Whisperweed was really asking for it.

"I was justified in my actions! You will suffer, this I will make sure! No one messes with K'lyathi Sil-Anurmsa!" She could feel Whisperwind's nanobots. She knew what she had to do. She felt a clarity in her mind. Like all of what had happened was leading up to this moment. Whisperwind was going to suffer. Long and hard. He was going to feel such unimaginable pain that it would make her previous attacks on him a joke.

Her hand began to vibrate violently as the nanomachines began to violently react in his brain. Unleashing a gigantic electrical shock right into his pain receptors, the nanomachines overloaded and unleashed all of their energy. She wanted to paralyze him in pain, at least for a moment. She wanted to hear his screams as he flailed impotently and she wanted to watch and laugh. K'lyathi had never been known to be merciful, as Whisperweed was soon to find out.

"Ksyentor Liathe Ru-sneual deryas anye!" She yelled, flinging insults in her native tongue at the person she saw as a traitor. At the peak of her attack, however, an echo ringed in the back of her mind. It lifted her anger slightly, lowering the intensity of the shocks. She cursed herself for owing a debt to Whisperweed.

<jimmydalad> Rolling to directly engage
<jimmydalad> why not.
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+1 = 9
<Theantero> you butt
Gonna burn influence to increase it to a 10 so that I can take away his ability to run away and open up an opportunity for my "allies"

However, because of the -2, I'm going take away Whisperwind's ability to run away.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 12, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

At least K'lyathi had managed to deal with Whisperweed at the moment. He hopefully wasn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon. This allowed time for K'lyathi to focus on the true goal at hand. She needed to take control of the train.

Of course, as soon as she tried to do so, Anarchy came on the tv. An impressed smile stretched across her face as she witnessed the other girl's technological skill in action. It quickly became a frown, however, as words came out of her mouth. She took great indignation to being called just a mere minion. She'll show her.

Putting her hands to the ground, she tried to take control of the train's electronics. She tried to focus, seeing if she could find out about the inner mechanics of the train in question. She managed to quickly find it and tried to find a way to grasp it, hold it in her hands. She exerted her mental will into trying to take control of it, wring it into her hands and put the train and their fates into her own hands.

However, it was a large machine and due to everything that had happened, K'lyathi found it hard to focus. She cursed herself as her concentration broke, her eyes turning to glare at Whisperweed. It was all his fault! All of the problems in the mission could be traced back to him. Without his interference, she would've been able to control the car. She could feel the frustration travel through her system, as if empowering her.

In fact, she began to feel powerful. More powerful. Her form began to frizzle and dissipate, her powers manifesting in new ways that she had never experienced before. Soon, she became a being of pure electrical energy. The nanobots inside her seemed to have adapted into their new form as well. After all, they were biologically a part of her now. It was an exhilarating feeling to be sure.

However, she still needed to gain control of the train.

"Anarchy, get control of the train this instant!" She barked, her energy form allowing her to access technologies nearby her. This was certainly something that she needed to experiment with.

<jimmydalad> rolling to execute the plan to gain control of the train!
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 5 = 5
<jimmydalad> you suck game

I'm going to take the advance: Take the remaining two abilities from your playbook (Energy Form and Electric Speed).

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -2 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -1

K'lyathi was surprised at the human Expatriot's response. She didn't know if she was brave or stupid. She immediately recognized that now probably wasn't the best time to be pissing off Expatriot. Her energy form dissipated and she stared back into Expatriot's visor. It only came to her now, but she had an unusually easy time altering Expatriot's brain. She didn't linger on the thought too long. She probably was just coming into her power.

"Yes, that would be a good idea." K'lyathi mentioned, following the instructions of Expatriot as she began to try and understand the gravity of the situation. K'lyathi kept an eye out on Expatriot, making sure she didn't kill herself. They were technically part of the team, so she had to at least give a token effort towards contributing to the group, unlike Whisperweed. Still, she had caused a lot of damage to Whisperweed. In fact, her powers only made her even stronger.

K'lyathi chuckled at Expatriot's impression of the Phantom Joke. Of course, it was his fault that the train had reached the state it was in. She really shouldn't be surprised at how that fool kept on lowering her expectations of him. Still, she wasn't completely innocent this mission. Whisperweed kept on distracting her and infuriating her. He needed to be taught a lesson. Overall, it was his fault that the scheme had reached the stage it was at.

"I believe my nanobots should be capable of doing that." K'lyathi responded just as she heard Whisperweed. An icy glare shot in the general direction of the Whisperwind, or at least, where the voice came from. Rolling her eyes throughout Whisperweed's plan, she looked visibly digusted by the presence of the person she saw as the cause for all of the problems that happened this mission. She didn't back down from his glare and shot one back of her own, her eyes darkening black in an attempt to instill fear in him.

"I do not have any reason to trust that you won't find a way to benefit yourself from this at the cost of the team." K'lyathi stated bluntly. "To be honest, I don't think your plan will work because of the hydraulics being destroyed. I'm going to actually work on a plan that might actually not get us killed. You've been enough of a pest and a thorn in the team as it is."

With that response, K'lyathi went to work coming up with a way to use her nanobots to replace the replacement fluid. Even if Whisperweed's plan may have had some credence, he had done too much to her in that moment to inspire any trust in his plans.

Using the Cow/Rebuke to shift my Danger up 1 and my Trouble down 1

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

Ugggggh no one was listening to her! No one was recognizing the real issue at hand. The real problem and the source of all of their issues since the very beginning.

Whisperweed

No one recognized that his barbed words, outrageous behaviour, and obvious traitor attitude were why all of the mistakes and disasters occurred before and during the mission. She was justified in her actions. K'lyathi was looking out for the betterment of the group and yet all the things she had done was now being thrown back in her face. The mere fact that Anarchy.exe had the nerve to even help Whisperweed was an insult to her and to the group. She knew Whisperweed was up to no good and she was never going to let him just mosey on by and get out of this situation unscathed. Even if she were to fall, she would make sure to drag him down with her.

"Expatriot, I believe you are not seeing the true issue at hand." K'lyathi rambled, her eyes locked on Whisperweed's form. "The source of all our problems and the reason why this all occurred was because of Whisperweed. From the beginning, he has sown distrust in the team with his disgusting words and had the gall to go against your orders and jeopardise the mission. Every single issue that has arisen had some origin through him. The passengers panicking, he probably turned Neverwrath against Breaking Point as well! It was all him! Him, I tell you! We need to stop him and destroy him, for the good of the mission!"

Even as her voice continued to sound increasingly manic, K'lyathi felt a strong sense of clarity. Yes, it was all his fault. Once he was gone, everything would fall back into place. Things would turn out well and they'd stamp out the traitor. It was obvious that Whisperweed was the saboteur. Why did no one else notice this? K'lyathi took it upon herself to enlighten them to Whisperweed's true nature. Still, she needed to deal with him.

"As for you!" She declared, her eyes filled with an intensity that could cut through metal. "You will pay for your crimes against us! Against me!"

She extended her arm and unleashed a wave of nanomachines that crashed into him. They began to bury into him once again, K'lyathi making sure that there was one planted in his brain. They had been proving useful up until now. She saw no reason why she should do things any differently.

<jimmydalad> Going to roll provoke to get Expatriot to focus on Whisperwind and recognise him for the true traitor he is.
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 11+3 = 14

<jimmydalad> Rolling to inflict contagin on Whisperwind
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 12+3 = 15
<jimmydalad> Whelp
<jimmydalad> Enjoy contagin Whisperwind

Going to mark Obsessed in exchange for giving Influence to Whisperwind.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 14, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi let out a frustrated scream as Whisperweed teleported away. That human has some nerve talking big like that. Now that he was gone and not actively ruining the mission, K'lyathi had some clarity about the situation. For one thing, there was still the bomb inside the train. She didn't really care about it. In her energy form, she was able to sense all the electricity flowing through the city. It was as if they were roads for which she could travel in and reaching said electrical roads weren't exactly a challenge for her considering she could fly. It's not like she had any love to lose for the dumb humans still on the train.

Then her mind flashed back to the stupid human who dragged her underneath the seats. He seemed important and she could definitely feel his presence still inside the train. He may actually be useful to her in the future, something she could use against Whisperwind or to her own benefit. Remembering the little card that he had in his pocket, K'lyathi commanded some nanobots in the nearby area to pick it up and transport it to her. She probably would have to deactivate the bomb too. After all, she couldn't let the dumb human die if he could be an asset to her.

Once she got the card from her nanobots, she took a glance over the limpet mine. It really wasn't that impressive. In fact, it was something she could probably mass produce in her sleep. It didn't look like Breaking Point did anything to improve on it either. Then again, she didn't really expect much from the silly robot. Cracking her fingers, she commanded her nanobots to go inside the mine, messing with the inner workings of the device and deactivating it. K'lyathi was actually slightly disappointed by how simple it was. She would really need to discuss with her teammates about making improvements to their weaponry.

Still, she did what she had to do. K'lyathi was very much ready to go home and forget about this entire evening. Maybe stew over plans to screw over Whisperweed while she was at it. Jumping out of the train, she changed into her energy form and started to fly towards the nearest power cable. Jumping inside it, she began to move within the wires towards the rest of the team, making sure she didn't get too close and accidentally get involved in the chaos that was ensuing.

Wow, they really screwed up there, didn't they? K'lyathi was glad she was only watching.

<jimmydalad> Gonna roll Unleash Powers to deactivate the bomb so the dumb CEO doesn't die
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 9+3 = 12

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi was content to just sit in the power lines for now and watch the team fight with each other. She saw no reason to get involved. Frankly, it would be dumb for her to put herself in danger like that. She wasn't a dumb human and she didn't hold any particularly strong feelings. Yes, Neverwrath made a fine test subject for what humans were like when she wasn't in her current state, but that wasn't enough for her to actively want to help her or anything. That very notion was stupid and insulting.

Still, she could infect her without needing to be there. As Breaking Point fired off her fists at Neverwrath, some of the nanomachines inside her decided to hitch a ride as well. Once they made impact, the nanomachines immediately began to get to work with burrowing themselves inside of Neverwrath. If K'lyathi could chuckle, she would be doing so. This was perfect. Her nanomachines were inside all of her "allies".

K'lyathi was content with how the mission ended. She was still annoyed at Whisperweed, but she had a feeling she was never going to get along with him, but she managed to infect her team and the smartly dressed human. Plus she gained valuable information on said human. Sure, the mission could've gone more smoothly, but she never was particularly bothered with properly completing it. She was more focused on Whisperweed and thwarting his schemes. That dumb human was still on her mind. Curse Whisperweed!

<jimmydalad> gonna contagin Neverwrath
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+3 = 10
Taking influence on Netherwrath

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi let out a surprised yelp as she was unceremoniously pushed out of the wires and into the human space. Uggggghhhhh what was going on now? Was it Whisperweed's plotting messing with her powers? Probably. It wouldn't surprise her. He obviously was sabotaging her this entire mission and making her look foolish. Even when helping her, he probably had an ulterior motive behind it too. After all, it wasn't like afterwards he stuck to mission. He went against Expatriot.

Still, K'lyathi had to take a lot in quickly and the first thing she noticed was Anarchy. Wow, Anarchy never failed to surprise K'lyathi with how crazy she is. Of course, she managed to get herself into a sticky situation. She really should stop having any expectations of humans. Still, the human that was fighting her seemed to be covered in cybernetics. With that in mind, she went to work with helping her. Mostly because she was one of the humans K'lyathi didn't entirely despise.

Some of the nanomachines that were on Anarchy.exe jumped onto Cyber Samurai and began burying themselves into his cybernetics. While K'lyathi instructed them to hack into and reroute his systems, she noticed out of the corner of her eye a large figure running towards her. A very large figure. Ugggggghhhhhhhh why did all this stuff keep happening to her? It was probably Whisperweed again, thinking it was funny to have such a large creature attack her. She wasn't going to fall for it. In fact, she was going to turn it against him! That'd show him!

"Why do you think you're going after me? The human in charge of this mission is over there! He goes by Whisperweed and he probably used some stupid magic on you to attack me! He's the one running this entire thing, not me! In fact, he's probably laughing at you now as he's making his getaway!"

K'lyathi continued to shout out things in an attempt to get him infuriated enough to focus his anger on Whisperweed. She wasn't going to take his machinations lightly. He was always against her from the beginning. He was a saboteur trying to bring her down and the team with her. She wasn't going to let him win.

Ever.

jimmydalad> Unleashing my powers to make up for anarchy's gently caress-up and hack into the guys' systems
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Theantero> sure, sure
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 6+3 = 9
Gonna have a temporary/unstable effect plz due to the big behemoth making his way over.

<jimmydalad> Gonna roll provoke on the guy to get him to go against Whisper instead
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+2 = 10

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 18, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +2 | Menace: -2
Curses!: 1/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

Ugh, of course, Whisperweed managed to find a way to get out of the situation. He was like the most aggravating, annoying, painful cockroach in the entire universe! Well, at least the thing wasn't going after her anymore. That was about the ONLY positive she could take from this situation. Why did humans always have to make things so difficult for her? They were all so dumb. Still, she needed to get away from this situation with the rest of them. She didn't really want to fight against any more heroes if she didn't have to. It'd be such a waste of time.

The problem, however, was trying to get away from the situation without being caught. She will be the first admit that she was not the stealthiest. Why would she need to be? She's K'lyathi Sil-Anurmsa. People should be in awe of her powers and nanomachines! Still, it would make getting away from this fiasco harder for her. Thinking fast, she came up with a plot. Sure, it could screw over Expatriot and the others close to her a bit, but they didn't matter as much as she did.

Some of the nanobots inside of Expatriot jumped off her and landed on the ground a few feet away. From there, they started to open fire with lasers in the general direction of the heroes. Hopefully, they would think that her ally had fired the lasers and not her. After all, she was all the way over here? How could she fire from there?

While the lasers were firing, K'lyathi took the opportunity to turn into her electrical form and jump into the car. Ugh, couldn't the Phantom Joke pick a better car to use to use as a getaway vehicle? This one was so ugly and not worthy of her presence. Still, she knew she couldn't complain too much. She needed to get away and this was her ticket to doing so. Even if it meant having to sit in the electronics of this dumb car.

<jimmydaladphone> Rolling to abscond from the situation
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 8-2 = 6
Going to spend Team selfishly to shift Trouble to -1 and Menace to -2, turning the roll into a success. Still gonna mark curses!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

At least the humans did something correct for once. K'lyathi did not enjoy having to sit in the dumb radio. It was so archaic and boring and offensive to her sensibilities. Still, there were some things she could take pleasure from. For one thing, it seemed like they left Whisperweed behind. Good. Let that traitor suffer, the one who dared insult her capabilities and blatantly acting against the wishes of the team. It unfortunately meant that Anarchy was left behind as well, which slightly displeased her, but sacrifices had to be made for the good of the team and her sani-

Oh, come on.

Of course he had teleportation. Why couldn't he stop being the most aggravating, annoying, infuriating and petulant rat? At least Anarchy was with him. That, and the horrible music that was playing in the car was putting K'lyathi in a seriously bad mood. This was something that she had to rectify immediately. Since she was now part of the radio system, K'lyathi started to flip through the radio channel, trying to find one that was most like the music back at her home. Humans had such terrible taste.

Eventually, K'lyathi found a channel that was closest to the music that she listened to at home and blasted it in the car.

Death metal.

<jimmydaladphone> Going to roll unleash powers to forcibly change radio stations and prevent anyone else from changing it or turning it off
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 9+3 = 12

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

And of course, Whisperweed had to try and teach her a lesson about human rules. Dumb human rules, she might add. Plus he was actively trying to subvert her power. Of course he had to, after all, that's all he's here for. K'lyathi was ready, though. She had spent so much time messing around with Whisperweed's brain during this mission that it was almost second nature to mess with it. It didn't take long to find the pain receptors and send frequent electric shocks into them.

After a few moments, the music returned to its original volume. She was happy that it was also annoying the Phantom Joke in particular. If she could laugh now, she would be. He was an incompetent fool who only made things tougher on the mission with his antics. The only thing he did was provide the escape vehicle for people who couldn't run away themselves. She didn't need to rely on such ancient technology. It was their fault if they didn't have the capabilities to be as good as she was.

Anyone who tried to change the volume would find that K'lyathi would just turn the volume back up. Partly due to enjoying the music and partly because she wanted to irritate everyone. This mission had been stressful for her. Messing with humans was an activity that she found particular enjoyment with.

<jimmydaladphone> Roll to directly engage whisper to punish him for his crimes.
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 12+2 = 14
Going to Resist/Avoid blows and take away his control over the volume of the music.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

While K'lyathi certainly took enjoyment on how Breaking Point was tearing into Whisperweed. Still, the music in the background gave time for K'lyathi to put things together. She was so sure that Whisperweed had been doing something that required him to go against the mission. She wasn't sure what that thing was. However, there were words that were coming back to her about what Whisper had said before.

The music stopped suddenly as K'lyathi's voice reverberated around the car.

"I believe that throughout this mission, Whisperweed has been pursuing something that required him to go against Expatriot's orders. I also feel like that thing has to do with me. He obviously was annoyed from before and wanted his revenge. I know he's been wanting to get information on all of us for his own gains and I feel like this mission was the perfect time for him to do so. He said by his own admission that he thought that I was actively planning against him. So, obviously, he's been trying to get as much information on me as he can. I also believe he's been actively jeopardizing me this mission and making me look like incompetent in everyone's eyes. After all, all of my actions were made to stop whatever he was doing. Obviously, he wanted me to not put my full focus on this mission. It's his fault it all went crazy!"

While she couldn't help but sound a bit rambly towards the end, K'lyathi still spoke with strong conviction. After letting her accusations sink in, she continued to blast death metal music.

I'm accusing Whisperweed of having the vendetta of collecting information on K'lyathi and trying to make her look incompetent on the mission!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi wanted to just scream, or break something. The death metal music couldn't even help her get over her frustrations at Whisperweed. A part of her still missed being on her home planet, away from all of these dumb humans and stupid problems. Then again, even on her home planet, no one took her seriously. She thought that it would be better on this planet, where she was obviously superior to them all, but even now people still treated her like a joke.

She stewed angrily to herself as she listened to the rest of the conversation. She knew she was right, she had to be. She refused to believe she was wrong. She had to surpass him. She needed to surpass him. Whisperweed's rejection of the Phantom Joke's invitation sparked something within her.

"I'll go on this "date" with you!" She suddenly declared, the words coming out before she even had time to properly think about it.

This was her chance to show others that she was better than him! At the same time, though, she had never been on a "date" before or what it constituted. Hopefully it wasn't something too boring or long. Whatever this date was, she was determined to be better than Whisperweed at it. That she knew.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Why was Whisperweed laughing? Was a date not a triumphant feat? And what the hell were cooties? Rather than feeling triumphant, K'lyathi instead found herself being very confused by his behaviour. Still, she said she would go on this "date" and that was something she had no intentions of backing down from now. She was not the type of person to run and hide. She was K'lyathi Sil-Anurmsa.

Jumping out of the car and back into her alien form, she followed Phantom Thief tentatively, a bit confused as to where he was taking her. She was even more alarmed by how he was changing clothes in front of her. She quickly turned away, trying not to take a peek at his body until he was finished. Admittedly, she had never been alone with another human. Was there some sort of formal process one needed to go through?

"I don't have any other clothes to change into for this clothes changing ritual." K'lyathi stated bluntly, looking slightly embarrassed as she did so. She didn't talk much as the human told her what the itinerary was. It didn't seem to be too special. It was just spending time with another being. Then again, it wasn't like she could claim to have much experience with other beings than her father.

"I do like spaceships, yes." She replies, trying to gauge the Phantom's intentions. "I must admit, however, there is a certain appeal towards your plans."

This really was unfamiliar territory she was stepping into. What was she supposed to do? She looked slightly flustered trying to rationalize everything in her mind. What were they going to be drinking? Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be behaving? How can I get him to like me more than Whisperweed? She even found it hard to look at Phantom at times, worried that he'd see her overanalyzing things.

"So, s-shall we begin?"

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 2/5 | Conditions: Obsessed

"Oh. That makes sense." K'lyathi was so in her own head that she completely forgot that walking around in her beautiful alien form would probably be a bad idea. Touching a button on her device, she quickly transformed into her human form, looking slightly uncomfortable as she did so. She normally didn't have such issues with this form, but maybe it was the intimate setting. She wished she could've had a more attractive form given to her.

K'lyathi was quiet as she took in all of the sights. Admittedly, she had not seen much of New Genesis. Most of her time up until now had either been in dump sites or her spaceship. It was certainly nice to have a change of scenery. She had to repeatedly tell herself that she and her father could do better. That the federation can do better. When she thought about it, she hadn't spent much time outside of labs and workshops, if at all. During the time, she thought it was just natural and that she was so much better for doing so.

Her thoughts strayed to her compatriot. When she thought about it, she was surprised that he would agree to take her on a date. She didn't even need to use the nanomachines she had planted in his brain. Granted, he did screw up on that mission with Little Judas, so he was still incompetent. As her mind continued to wander, her thoughts were suddenly broken by the sound of Arsene.

"O-oh! Time, yes. Well, your planet is lucky in that they have a similar time system to the Kil'thana federation. My home planet orbits around the star in about half the speed of Earth, so it's easy to do calculations to determine what my age would be had I always been a silly human all my life. As for the Kil'thana federation, it originated on my planet but has formed alliances with many planets across the galaxies, even though they have the technology to easily overthrow them. I consider it a waste."

She was taking special consideration to try and read the Phantom Thief's intentions and feelings. Was there something that he liked in particular? Maybe she should try to embody that. K'lyathi had a strange, awkward feeling inside her. It was almost like she wanted to impress him not just to prove her superiority. No one had ever bothered to bring her out on her own. She was confused, especially since she didn't believe the Phantom Thief liked her in any way, shape or form. He was friends with Whisperweed, after all. He probably poisoned his opinion of her.

"I have never had a "liqour" before, so I can't tell you whether I have a preference or not." K'lyathi admitted, trying to hide her sheepishness. "I do enjoy sweet things, though. If that's possible."

K'lyathi tried to have a hard, long look at the Phantom Thief, trying to understand him and make sense of what was going on. Unfortunately for her, she made it way too obvious what she was doing. Her face was like an open book for Arsene to see as she continued in vain to try and understand the weird human who accepted to go on a date with her.

<jimmydalad> Going to roll to pierce the Phantom Thief's Mask
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 2-2 = 0
<Takanago> wow
<jimmydalad> WOW
<TheNabster> Woooooooow
Because of how atrocious that roll was, Arsene gets an automatic 10+ Pierce the Mask due to K'lyathi letting way too much be shown on her face.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

"Why, thank you." K'lyathi said as she got passed the drink. As she began to drink it, she could feel the effects of the alcohol hit very quickly. There were many reasons for this. For one thing, the aliens in the Kil'thana federation had a lower alcohol metabolism than humans did. Additionally, she had not eaten for most of the day. She didn't really need to due to her alien biology. It didn't help with keeping her sober and she could already feel slightly inebriated after her first drink.

"Hehe, you could say that~." K'lyathi droned, her voice slurring slightly. "He's always so annoying, putting me down, making me look bad and insulting me at every turn. I just wanted to show him that I'm better than him and when you mentioned the date, I thought that if I got you to like me more, then I could prove my superiority."

The alcohol was starting to make her more giggly, blushing slightly as she took in the sight of the Phantom Thief. For a human, he was surprisingly attractive. She imagined herself somewhat enjoying time spent with him. It may not even be a waste! In fact, K'lyathi could imagine spending quite a lot of time with him as she found herself falling deeper into his eyes. The compliments to her ego certainly helped as well.

"I did so out of convenience. You humans make it so hard to get valuable materials to build anything worthwhile. I managed to survive going through scrap heaps when I first landed, but I had bigger visions, better ideas that could not be met with just things found in rubbish. I got approached one day and they offered to give me all the resources I needed. How could I say no to that?"

Hearing Arsene's justifications made her feel like she had found a kindred spirit. No one had appreciated her talents back at home except for her father. Even here, where she was so much more powerful and freakish, she was still disregarded and mocked. It's why Whisperweed got under her skin so much. She mulled on this thought as she continued to drink.

"Eh, he was a dumb human who thought he could get a good deal." She said dismissively, scrunching her face at the thought of Little Judas. "It's best not to dwell on him. As for parent-child relationships, they're similar to you humans I guess. You know, I came to this planet because I just wanted someone to recognize my abilities, similar to you. Everyone disregarded me at home. No one recognized my abilities and thought I was a joke. It's why I want to show Whisperweed just how much better I am than him. No one thinks I'm special or powerful or amazing. They just mock me and call me all sorts of blasphemous names!"

The more time and alcohol went by, the more she found herself entranced by Arsene. He really was attractive, more so than anyone she had interacted with for a meaningful amount of time. She just found herself looking into his eyes with a doofish smile on her face. When she felt his hand touching hers, she giggled playfully. No one had ever treated her like this before. It was such a welcome change and she could feel her barriers slowly starting to fall.

"I wish I was royalty. That way people might actually talk to me like I'm an equal or superior, rather than just being lectured or insulted. No one except for my father appreciated me back home, so I came to this world to ruin them. It's just taking longer than originally expected."

Wow, he was getting quite intimate, K'lyathi wasn't sure how to take it. He was a very attractive person from what she could see of his eyes, but she was not used to such intimacy. The next offer made her pause. She had never kissed a guy, let alone make out with them. It was an entirely foreign concept. He was very attractive, though, and it wasn't like opportunities like this were going to come up that much.

Suddenly, she could feel Whisperweed in the same mall as her. What the hell was he doing? While she kept on looking at Arsene's eyes, she decided to eavesdrop on the conversation using her nanobots. Her eyes opened wide in shock. They sounded really cute together, to a surprising degree. She was surprised to hear Whisper talk in a way that wasn't offensive to someone. She quickly switched it off, not really sure how to take it.

"Whisperweed and Anarchy are on a date and sound really cute together," K'lyathi muttered, looking slightly shell-shocked. Did Anarchy have magical powers that she had kept hidden from the rest of the team? How else could she explain how cute the two of them are. Maybe it was just Whisperweed being his nefarious self, but she had faith in Anarchy. She was a technological master. She did get struck by inspiration, however.

"You know, I will agree to make out with you. However, only if you promise to commit to being together from now on. I don't know what you humans call it, a duo? Pairing? Whatever the case, we shall be an even cuter couple than Whisperweed and Anarchy! After all, you are a very attractive human and paired with a technological master such as myself, we can be so much better than Whisperweed and Anarchy."

It becomes clear to Arsene that with the new idea that struck her, this was probably the only way he was ever going to make out with her. No one had been as intimate or had broken down her walls as much as he had done at this moment. She obviously is enraptured with him to be presenting him with such an opportunity. If he were to betray her, however, it would probably not end well.

<jimmydaladphone> Ok, I'm going to provoke Phantom Thief
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 9+3 = 12
Accept being officially a couple and having a competition against Anarchy and Whisperwind to add a Team to the pool or gain a condition.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi could get used to opening up to humans like this. It probably was the alcohol talking, but she felt much more willing to be open to lesser beings. At least, she told herself they were lesser beings. Maybe it just helped her sleep at night? Eh, she was probably thinking too hard.

As she waited for the Phantom Theif to get back from the bathroom, she decided to continue keeping tabs on what Anarchy and Whisperweed were up to. Tuning into the nanomachines inside them, she picked up on the leisurely activities that they were getting up to. Was it possible that Whisperweed just didn't like her? It probably was. He probably thought he was soooo much better than her and that he thought he could put her down through his words and being absolutely mean and making her feel bad and trying to ruin everything. B-but she totally saw through that...

"Well, there is a dark corner" K'lyathi teased, leading him to the dark corner of the bar. As she did so, nanobots started to sneakily seep out of her, travelling towards all of the inhabitants of the bar and travelling into their brains. Eh, she thought it'd be fun. Plus, you never know who's in the bar. Plus, the Phantom Thief didn't have to know. Once in the corner, she transformed back to her normal, alien form.

"Hehehe, let's have some fun~."

<jimmydalad> going to try to use contagin on the people in the bar
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+3 = 10

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: -2 | Infamy: 1

Wow, she was wrong about Whisperweed's plans. That enough was to infuriate her. But the words that he kept on flinging at her just ripped her apart inside. None of the attacks she did against him seem to have done anything. In fact, it just made things worse. She couldn't just attack him. It obviously didn't work out for her. It made the situation on the train worse and also made her look like a fool in front of everyone. She would need to take a different strategy.

At least she wasn't alone now. She had the Phantom Thief and he certainly seemed receptive to her. He was very much a normal human, or at least, not anywhere near as powerful as she was in terms of mere powers. He had a similar slipperiness to Whisperweed, however, while not being absolutely infuriating while doing so. Maybe she could learn how to keep her temper around the infuriating human. It would certainly help her sanity.

= = = =

Apparently, K'lyathi appeared on the news. She didn't keep a strong track of trivial human news, but there was something in particular that called her attention. The human she interefered with attacking Anarchy, Cyber Samurai, seemed to call her out on particular. Saying something about improving his technology to counteract her abilities or some drivel like that. It didn't really phase her. She had other things on her mind.

Ooh, the humans had a surprisingly rare material. She picked up the raw adamantine, her eyes glistening with excitement. She could create all sorts of fun robots and devices with this. Not only is it resilient, but is also a good conductor of electricity. It was almost like a birthday for her. She noticed Neverwrath being more overtly annoying, however. She must've done something to annoy her. But even with all her strength, she was still randomly throwing it around with no control behind it, unlike her. She was also close to Whisperweed, so she obviously must be like him.

K'lyathi is going to shift Phantom's Trouble up and his Freak down and shift Neverwrath's Trouble up and Danger down

jimmydalad> might as well roll for the caper now
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+5
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 4+5 = 9
Gonna choose the hero option and have the Cyber Samurai want to get payback on me.

Also clinging to my mistrust of Whisperwind and having him lose influence over me for my end of caper move.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 25, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +1 | Menace: -2 | Infamy: 0

Still, now was not the time to rest on her laurels. She had plans, big plans. One of said plans was to follow up on that dumb man in a suit. She had his business card, though she will never understand why a human would carry around identification that was so easy to lose. His name was Putney Scruzup and worked closely with the mayor of New Genesis. In fact, he was one of the main advisors! Maybe it was fortunate of her to be caught in that situation and stuck with such an unbearable human. After all, it could work to bear her some fruit in the long run.

As she slept, she felt her nanobots twitch. She could still have a simple interaction with her nanobots while in a lucid state if something significant were to happen. Imprints started to form on their databanks of a magical variety. They were unfamiliar to K'lyathi, but she had a strange feeling that they were connected to Whisperweed. Again. After all, the only other magic user in the team was Neverwrath, and she didn't have the intelligence that Whisper had. Still, her thoughts of Whisperweed became larger and larger and she found herself muttering secrets to Whisperweed, unaware of what was really going on.

K'lyathi is starting to catch onto your game and has made it her mission to basically ignore you from now on. If you want to gain influence over her, you either have to publicly apologize, mean it and make it up to her or make her life such a hell that she has to notice you.

When she woke up, she began carrying out the next phases of the plan. First part, officially fill the place with nanomachines. She wanted ears in as many places as she possibly could. She engorged her mouth open again before the others were awake and let out a cavalcade of nanomachines, who began skittering around the place and finding every single nook and cranny they could find, joining the other nanobots that K'lyathi had previously planted. There were so many nanobots around that she knew she would be able to catch someone coming in.

Her concerns from last night also needed to address. She wrote a note to Expatriot expressing what she experienced last night and how she suspected that Whisperweed must have planted something in their living area and that they should keep an eye out for her. Slipping the paper underneath her door and into Expatriot's room, she went back to sleep. It was pointless locking the door after herself. Whisperweed would just teleport in.

Spending an infamy to gain the asset of a Mole in the form of Putney Scruzup

<jimmydaladphone> Hmmm
<jimmydaladphone> Going to provoke Expatriot to focus her attention on Whisperind
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 4+2 = 6

<jimmydaladphone> Can I unleash my powers to seed the area with nanomachines?
<Yamifenrir> yep
<jimmydaladphone> jimmydaladphone, 7+3 = 10

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

What was this oddly appealing smell? K'lyathi was certainly not expecting to experience such a sensation while on Earth. She drifted out of her room, wearing her usual clothes. She refused to let the others see her in anything else. Except maybe Phantom Thief. She still had a soft spot for him. She gave him a soft smile as she entered the kitchen, which almost immediately changed to a frown at the sight of Whisperweed.

"Greetings everyone." She said, taking a seat in front of one of the omelettes Expatriot had made. "I must admit, I am surprised you managed to conceive of such delectable food. I had all but given up ever experiencing such sensations on my senses when I left my homeworld. While I can tell it is inferior to what is created back at my homeworld, I still appreciate the effort. After all, this planet does not have many of the things that make food so good back home."

She tried to hide her gritted teeth as she gave Expatriot a compliment. Complimenting a human felt sickening, especially if it wasn't one that she was attracted to. However, she recognized that she was at least competent. She also knew that trying to be alone on this planet was a horrendously bad idea, sadly. She needed allies and while she certainly was happy to work with the Phantom Thief, she would need more people. Whisperweed was out of the question and Neverwrath and Anarchy were too closely associated with him. She needed to talk to Expatriot and Breaking Point. Breaking Point wouldn't be difficult. Expatriot probably would.

She unhinged her jaw to completely consume the omelette. It was surprisingly good for the meager resources that this planet had in comparison to her home.

- - - - -

It had been some time since that breakfast and K'lyathi was looking stressed as she talked to the group, conveniently ignoring Whisperwind. She'd taken it upon herself to not let him get to her and just ignore all of his barbed words. It was a struggle, but she was slowly getting the hang of it.

"We should probably do another scheme. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I personally am running low on the resources necessary to survive here. Why does everything have to cost so much? It's such an inconvenience."

She frowned at nothing in particular as she began to think of ideas. She didn't want to be the one to be in charge of making a plan. Expatriot did not look in good shape and she had earned enough of Whisperweed's ire that he'd probably go out of his way to spite her. She will bite her tongue, as difficult as that would be. She had to learn to adjust to the world she was on, annoyingly enough. It frustrated her to no end, but she had to gain the upper hand, especially after how last mission went.

"I am not too familiar with this world, so does anyone have a good way to get access to many resources quickly?"

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 29, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

K'lyathi rolled her eyes at Neverwrath's comment. She didn't care for Neverwrath, especially since she revealed to be closely allied with Whisperweed. She thought she could use her to observe the human nature, really understand what makes a human tick. That notion was completely lost when she drove a motorcycle into Breaking Point. No sane human would listen to a dumb plan like that.

She stayed silent as the others explained their plans, observing the general nature of the room. Anarcy and Whisperweed were being a cute couple again, that much was to be expected. She would have to give the both of them props for managing to stay together, knowing how volatile and nasty their personalities were respectively. Still, her "boyfriend" did suggest a caper. She probably should second it, but it definitely seemed like the tides were turning against him. Plus, K'lyathi was admittedly uncomfortable with trying to remain hidden in the public eye. That did not go well for her during the last caper, and it's a situation she'd prefer to avoid.

Commanding her nanobots to write a message for him in the other room, K'lyathi looked over towards Expatriot. She was looking especially rough after the first mission. It would do well to get on her good side, especially if she was going to end up being the leader of this next caper, which was looking like a strong possibility.

"Expat, you look awful," K'lyathi stated, walking up towards her. "That certainly will not do. Let me see if I can help."

At once, she began to have the nanomachines inside of Expatriot working on sending out, pleasant shocks through her nervous system, releasing dopamine throughout. Hopefully, it would have a calming and healing effect on the girl who looked clearly stressed. K'lyathi rarely helped others, but she saw no reason why she shouldn't help Expatriot. She was capable, not on Whisperweed's side and could be an effective pawn to use down the line.

The nanobots in the other room had finished writing the note and surreptitiously carried her note to the Phantom Thief.

Hello Phantom, this is K'lyathi. I would love to support your plan, but I have clear enemies in the team. If I show active support towards your side, it would be clear that others will join the other side in retaliation. I apologise for being unable to support you more openly, but work to try to get others on your side. That way, I can be the deciding vote.

She kept her fingers crossed that the Phantom wouldn't be offended by her actions. It was the most logical move in her eyes.

<jimmydaladphone> I'll also cow/rebuke Expatriot THROUGH NANOMACHINES
<jimmydaladphone> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 7+4 = 11
Choosing to add a Plan on my side

K'lyathi is also abstaining for now.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry

K'lyathi stayed back a bit, letting the others go ahead according to the plan. With her nanobots in all of her teammates, she had no need to. Technology was a wonderful thing when it was in her hands. She was slightly disappointed that Phantom Thief's idea didn't make it through, but it was clear from the beginning that she would be fighting a losing battle trying to go against the group at that point. At the very least, Whisperweed made himself look foolish in front of the group. Hopefully, more people would start wising up to his actions. The best part of it all would be that she wouldn't need to do anything. All she had to do was not get sucked in by his words.

Which would prove hard considering he seemed to want to piss her off. It wasn't even her fault this time. Both Expatriot and Breaking Point managed to screw up doing anything productive, and yet Whisperweed was focusing all of his insults at her. No. She wasn't going to be like she was before and rise to the insults. She was better than that. Still, it did piss her off. Oh, she wanted to hurt him so bad to teach him a lesson. Wait, think back to last time and how much of a disaster that was. Just focus on the mission. Focus on the mission.

Marking Angry

K'lyathi knew she had to find a way to fix this. First priority was to get Expatriot back on track.

"Expatriot, don't worry about this minor hiccup and get your head back on the mission." K'lyathi lectured through the communicators, releasing endorphins through her system through careful use of her Nanomachines. It was getting to the point where she was becoming more familiar with their brain structures and could being to notice changes in their chemistry. "I'm going to try and infiltrate their system to get access to their security systems. If it's as complicated as our intel believes it is, I'm going to try and make Anarchy's job easier by supplying her with all the information I can get. I'm hoping you'll be more than happy to take it from there Anarchy."

With that, K'lyathi shot out her nanomachines and immediately they began sinking themselves into the computer systems. While they scurried around and began to collect data, one of them accidentally tripped off a hidden security mechanism that was hidden deep within the system. K'lyathi didn't notice this though, too busy downloading the information into her brain and Anarchy's. Even though Whisperweed said she was useless, she knew that actions spoke much louder than words. She didn't know where he was now, but she hoped that she was able to wipe that smug smile off his face.

<jimmydaladphone> Concocting a plan with my Freak
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladphone, 6+3 = 9
I'm gonna bring the heat in by marking Heat

<jimmydalad> Might as well Cow/Rebuke Expatriot while I'm at it
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+4 = 11
Going to add a Plan to the pool

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Down there? That was certainly something she needed to keep her eye on. Maybe it was something important, something that she could use. K'lyathi pondered about whether or not she should go for it, the idea of doing so becoming increasingly tempting the more she thought about it. It didn't seem like security was particularly hard due to Whisperweed's intervention. His machinations were getting to the point of ridiculousness, talking over her even though she managed to get valuable information. Wait. Stop thinking about him K'lyathi.

Then again, it did look pretty messy in there. K'lyathi probably shouldn't get involved in that intertwining mess. No, she had to focus on the mission. Maybe she'll go when the action had died down a bit. Then again, if the action did die down, the mission would be over and they'd hopefully be successfully out of there. Oh well, she might as well continue to try hacking into their systems to see if she could find out what cars they're going for.

Wait, was that Phantom Thief? Well, at least he was making her life easier. Just what she expected out of someone who was totally her boyfriend. While she began using her nanobots to hack, she tried to focus on Whisperweed's location. Admittedly, it was a bit more difficult than usual trying to do multiple things with her nanobots at once. Still, she was eventually able to hone in on Whisperweed's location and began talking with Phantom Thief on a private channel.

"He's inside the mansion getting some human to lead him to the treasure. I'll see what I can do to delay him. Also, I found something in the data banks about there being something down there repeatedly. There might be more treasure in that location, whatever it means. I trust your instincts my love."

Was she being a bit foolish about this? Maybe, but still, it was an opportunity to mess with Whisperweed and not for a completely selfish reason as well. She continued to listen to Whisperweed as he talked with Anarchy. So he wanted to take advantage of my temper? That was good for her to know. It was amusing hearing him admit that he needed her attention, needed her to react angrily at him. It made her feel particularly smug as she began the next steps of her phase to slow down Whisperweed.

As he talked with Anarchy, nanobots flew out of his body and invaded the body of the man with him. As soon as they were successfully in his system, she began to work playing with his senses. Overloading them, extending some and limiting others in an attempt to confuse him. It was a wonder what she could do with her nanotechnology when it invaded a human's brain. In fact, she worked to make sure that his senses were able to pick up the commotion happening on the pool deck. Hopefully, it was enough for her to interfere with Whisperweed's plans to a certain degree.

She was so focused on listening in on Whisperweed and trying to help the Phantom Thief that she completely forgot about completing the mission. Her nanobots in the computer systems went inert, waiting for orders from K'lyathi that she forgot to order in her excitement. Oops.

jimmydaladlaptop> eh, I'm going to roll to execute a plan
<jimmydaladlaptop> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladlaptop, 4+2 = 6
<jimmydaladlaptop> WOW

<jimmydaladlaptop> rolling to inflict Contagin on the guy who is with Whisperwind
<jimmydaladlaptop> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladlaptop, 6+3 = 9

<jimmydaladlaptop> Going to distract the guy
<jimmydaladlaptop> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydaladlaptop, 7+4 = 11
Redirecting the man's attention to Pool Deck with Expatriot
Confuse them for some time
Avoid Further entaglement

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, Paranoid

K'lyathi felt satisfied with her success in delaying Whisperweed, especially since she wasn't doing it for her needs exclusively. Ok, maybe she was hoping that the Phantom Thief was going to share whatever bounty he managed to get with her and she hoped she wouldn't have to remind him how she contributed to making sure Whisperweed didn't beat him to the treasure and that she gave him a lead as to where said treasure was. Still, he was more qualified in getting treasure than she could ever be. So, she turned back to the mission at hand. Or, at least making advantages for herself.

She made her way to the entrance of the mansion. The others had sorted out the security, so it was pretty easy for her to get in. She then dislodged her jaw and let out millions of nanomachines. The nanomachines continued to pour out of her mouth and make their way into the mansion, securing themselves in all the hiding places, nooks and crannies as well as secret hideaways that could be found within the mansion. She made sure to get as many nanomachines in the mansion as she could so that she could solidify a strong presence within the mansion. It did take quite a bit out of her and it lead to her thoughts to wonder.

Did Phantom Thief actually like her? Maybe he was just using her to his own advantage. That thought was enough to scare her, let alone how Whisperweed would react if he were to find out. On that note, maybe Whisperweed put him up to this and the competition between them right now was just an elaborate plot to make her look silly. The thoughts spurred her seeding of the mansion, knowing just how strong she would be once she had her nanomachines in there. From there, she could move on to completing the mission and helping out Phantom Thief. Well, unless he betrays her. Then her nanobots could be used for another purpose.

<jimmydalad> Unleashing K'lyathi's powers to seed the entire mansion with nanomachines
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 5+3 = 8
Marking Paranoid to make the effect permenant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Curses!: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, Paranoid

At least K'lyathi felt justified in thinking that the previous mission was entirely her fault. Once again, everyone was arguing with each other. While it was unfortunate that her nano machines were found by that little robot thing, K'lyathi knew better than to react to Whisper's gloating. When she thought about it, his constant cries for attention were actually become a little humourous to her, so long as they didn't interfere with her plans. She would never let him know that, however.

While she was thinking about the irony of Whisper's temperament in comparison to his powers, K'lyathi suddenly stopped. She could feel the nanomachines inside her bristle and her blood freeze. What the hell was that technology doing there? She didn't think she would encounter such technology so soon. gently caress. She thought she had time before they made their move.

The Dormant Ones were a powerful race and the main rival force of the federation. While she hated the federation, she hated the Dorman Ones more. For one thing, they had technology that could invade other electronic devices and deactivate them, including her nanomachines. Additionally, they were nowhere near as friendly with alien races as her species. Horribly xenophobic, they saw no use for other natural resources and had a tendency to not only decimate species, but they also destroyed planets, meaning less natural resources for her. The fact that they would destroy valuable resources infuriated her to no end. Still, they took over planets through camouflage and intergrating with the home species before attacking when in influential positions. It terrified her to know that they were making their move.

K'lyathi ignored the others as she took time to process this information. She needed to stop them and she couldn't do it alone. After all, she was going to be the one to take over this world, not them. She wished she could keep one of the cars. She wanted to investigate this and see just how it would work. Ideally, she'd be able to counteract the mechanisms that the Dormant Ones used to make her technology useless. She probably was going to have to talk to someone about this. Her mind fleetingly thought about mentioning it to her team, then realised that was a terrible idea. Was she going to have to go to Crag's team. That was a sickening thought.

After thinking about some plans for a second, she turned her attention back onto the mission. Apparently they were going to do some rally stupid scheme. While she wanted to object, she realised that trying to do so would be a lost cause. So she decided to go along for now, hoping that no one would pick up on her odd behaviour. After all, she had been oddly quiet, especially in response to Whisperweed. If only they weren't dirt poor, she'd incentivise them from not just giving away dangerous technology. Then again, it's not like they would listen to her.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 20, 2016

• Locked thread