Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

series died before they even managed to release the car, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Old Binsby posted:

series died before they even managed to release the car, lol

There was like 1 GRC season before it closed.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Gooncar one off event this Sunday: 45 minute MX-5 race at the Nordschleife, maximum time acceleration for day/night so should start light and end dark :getin:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Nice. Now we need a 100% fog, midnight race.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Vando posted:

Gooncar one off event this Sunday: 45 minute MX-5 race at the Nordschleife, maximum time acceleration for day/night so should start light and end dark :getin:

:rip:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Week 13 still sucks I hate it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Have they released the week 13 schedule?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Have they released the week 13 schedule?

yeah it's week 13 rite now and nothing super fun.. just the standard.. cars on dirt or get your MPR / licence up before end of season poo poo.

really was hoping for AI in this build they said end of 2018 well there's only a few weeks.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 4, 2018

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

There will be more Week 13 stuff after the patch today but it'll probably just involve the new cars. They also were kicking around the idea of doing some championship races with prizes but we'll see if that happens.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Hey y'all. I haven't iRaced in a long time but I'm setting up my old gaming laptop to give to a friend who's interested in iRacing. Long story short iRacing refuses to run on anything but the integrated Intel video chipset. Regardless of what I do... Telling Nvidia control panel explicitly to use the GPU... Updating drivers... Disabling Intel video device (iRacing goes to software rendering at that point)... I can't get it to work. Other games see and use the GPU just fine. Has anyone had an experience like this? (My newer gaming laptop uses gpu in iRacing no problem).

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Are the iracing sim+service executables both set to use the GPU in the Nvidia control panel? I remember this being a thing in laptops because of power saving fuckery with the GPU not initialising.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Another season, another poo poo week 13 without Figure Gr8 or Tube Frame Twister.

Guess I'll be doing a lot of private testing.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Vando posted:

Are the iracing sim+service executables both set to use the GPU in the Nvidia control panel? I remember this being a thing in laptops because of power saving fuckery with the GPU not initialising.

Yep. Anything executable in the iRacing directory is manually set to the GPU. I had this same situation with my former setup with a Razer Blade Stealth and Razer Core external GPU. Nvidia Optimus has been a garbage fire for the last... however many years it's existed.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Thoughts on the update? I likely won't get to really mess with it for a few days so I'm wondering what you all think. I've heard rumblings that there's a significant performance hit with the new sky.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Jimmy Broadbent is streaming the new content right now, already did Tsukuba, F3, FR3.5, Le Mans Happy Hour, doing into darkness in the 911 cup at the Nordschliefe, he's loving it so far other than a couple of minor bugs.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Vando posted:

This is in one hour from this post.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Vando posted:

This is in one hour from this post.

This is now, get in.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Trip report: trying to push in the dark makes it EXTREMELY easy to get dead very quickly. Highlights include Pinny eating poo poo with a 10 second lead, me laughing at him, then eating poo poo the exact same way 10 seconds later. Two laps in a row. At the same place on the track.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I managed to survive without taking any dmg but then I also drove like a grandma.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I accidentally killed Coja in T1, exploded my engine in T2, took a 10 minute tow, and still got 3rd.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I lost it at the second carousel twice but saved the car well enough to limp it back to the pits faster than I could get a tow. I just kept missing that uphill run up to it in the dark. Last lap I just took it easy and didn’t make any major mistakes, just a slowish pace.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TremorX posted:

I lost it at the second carousel twice but saved the car well enough to limp it back to the pits faster than I could get a tow. I just kept missing that uphill run up to it in the dark. Last lap I just took it easy and didn’t make any major mistakes, just a slowish pace.

You missed off the part where you won

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

MisterZimbu posted:

I accidentally killed Coja in T1, exploded my engine in T2, took a 10 minute tow, and still got 3rd.

It is well established by now that the quickest way to lap the Ring in the MX5 is behind the tow truck.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Not anymore. My tow time was over 9 minutes. I got to watch everyone go past with 90 seconds left on the clock. Then it hosed up my car when it dropped in the new one.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Know what's fun.... C trucks at 'dega after week 13.... What a poo poo show.. ended up 3rd by basically avoiding wrecks and being careful. Everyone is playing pick-up cup.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Know what's fun.... C trucks at 'dega after week 13.... What a poo poo show.. ended up 3rd by basically avoiding wrecks and being careful. Everyone is playing pick-up cup.

I did one of those last night and it was ok. Not great, but ok. Only 3 cautions. Wound up 6th because plate tracks aren't really my thing.

I also did the iRacing Flea Market FEG race last night, 50 laps at Kentucky in the trucks, and they drew a winner for a Lenovo Mixed Reality Headset from the people who finished on the lead lap. I finished 8th out of 43 cars. Pretty good. I think I passed like 10 cars in the last 7 green flag laps, mostly on the outside. I love Kentucky. Didn't win the headset though. But that's cool, it was a fun race.

Mostly I've been running league races the past few months, so I haven't really done much of anything on the public servers, and it's spoiled me. Most races would have only one caution or go green the whole way, and they were slightly longer races that required some pit strategy as opposed to the "just pit when there's a caution" public races, and the racing was top notch with guys that knew what they were doing. But my league just combined with another league that runs on weekends, which is much less convenient for me. So now I'm searching for a good weeknight league that starts around 9-9:30PM EST and runs one or all of the big three NASCAR series.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Gooncar this week: Cadillacs at the Ring! Same time of day setup as last week, so lots of oh god darkness death.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What’s the time schedule for it? I just got a Rift and I want to irace

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jay_Zombie posted:

I did one of those last night and it was ok. Not great, but ok. Only 3 cautions. Wound up 6th because plate tracks aren't really my thing.

I also did the iRacing Flea Market FEG race last night, 50 laps at Kentucky in the trucks, and they drew a winner for a Lenovo Mixed Reality Headset from the people who finished on the lead lap. I finished 8th out of 43 cars. Pretty good. I think I passed like 10 cars in the last 7 green flag laps, mostly on the outside. I love Kentucky. Didn't win the headset though. But that's cool, it was a fun race.

Mostly I've been running league races the past few months, so I haven't really done much of anything on the public servers, and it's spoiled me. Most races would have only one caution or go green the whole way, and they were slightly longer races that required some pit strategy as opposed to the "just pit when there's a caution" public races, and the racing was top notch with guys that knew what they were doing. But my league just combined with another league that runs on weekends, which is much less convenient for me. So now I'm searching for a good weeknight league that starts around 9-9:30PM EST and runs one or all of the big three NASCAR series.

I've gotten in 3 races I've stated in the back and ended up with 2 3rd place finishes from being aware of racers and who is wiggly and watching them take out the field. Only race I got screwed in was the asshat behind be didn't slow down when people were saying 'wrecking wrecking wrecking' in voice. Got rear-ended and shoved into the gangbang.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What’s the time schedule for it? I just got a Rift and I want to irace

2130GMT Sunday, usually 30 mins qual then 30 mins race. Don't forget to join the league (link in op).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vando posted:

2130GMT Sunday, usually 30 mins qual then 30 mins race. Don't forget to join the league (link in op).

Well that’s 3am here so :smith:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

tater_salad posted:

I've gotten in 3 races I've stated in the back and ended up with 2 3rd place finishes from being aware of racers and who is wiggly and watching them take out the field. Only race I got screwed in was the asshat behind be didn't slow down when people were saying 'wrecking wrecking wrecking' in voice. Got rear-ended and shoved into the gangbang.

Nature of the beast my man.
Put a bunch of armatures on a track like that and have them run side by slide, nose to tail and shenanigans are a certainty.

Just gotta slog through it till we get back to a real race track or find a league and race with guys who know what they're doing.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Well that’s 3am here so :smith:

You need to join a team with Smirk, you weird timezone nerds.

Do you do much GT stuff? Always good to have extra timezone coverage in 24hr events.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Central isn’t THAT weird of a time zone.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Central isn’t THAT weird of a time zone.

You went in the wrong direction. It's at 3:30 pm.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, I math good.

My problem is the same though :smith:

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
I know the SRF is a love it or hate it car, but it's an absolute blast at Tsukuba. Just picked up a rare win against an admittedly weak field, but along the way there were 4 or 5 lead changes between three different leaders, plenty of side by side racing, and until second place spun with two to go, never more than a 1.2 second gap between the top two. One of the best road races I've been in lately. Also, gotta pimp the non wing sprint car, it continues to be the best dirt car imo, and the provided setups are excellent. Most of the fast guys I've come across are running stock or slightly modified iRacing setups, they're all I use now.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Vando posted:

Gooncar this week: Cadillacs at the Ring! Same time of day setup as last week, so lots of oh god darkness death.

This goes live in 50 mins and will surely be a hellscape of Applied Competence

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Trip report: even more chaos than Mazdas, A+ would die repeatedly because it's too dark again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Jay_Zombie posted:

Nature of the beast my man.
Put a bunch of armatures on a track like that and have them run side by slide, nose to tail and shenanigans are a certainty.

Just gotta slog through it till we get back to a real race track or find a league and race with guys who know what they're doing.

And of course right after I say that I get taken out twice while leading. Dega, lol.