Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Stipe Miocic 38 40.86%
Alistair Overeem 55 59.14%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

manyak posted:

Kinda sad that the CM punk experiment will 99% likely be over after this event, its interesting and would be kinda cool if we had this little D-league inside the UFC where you could watch famous people try to learn how to fight in real time against guys they dig up for them. While typing that i realized thats what Sage Northcutt is for but still

Sage Northcutt is the most beautiful gem that we received out of this poo poo show and I am grateful for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I just think Sage is going to train at a gym without his dad and the guys will all go out for beers and get him into a bar and start taking drugs and it's all over from there

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

SalTheBard posted:

Goddamit Ian McCall is loving cursed.

The ghost of Shane Del Rosario with the finish once again, joe.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pwny_Xpress posted:

The ghost of Shane Del Rosario with the finish once again, joe.

lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
want to see Punk vs Pettis-dog next

if the retriever was doing it we would know Sage had gone on to a better life and that reincarnation was real

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I hope punk wins.

Everyone's down on him but I have respect for a guy who has the balls to step in the cage.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dangersim posted:

I hope punk wins.

Everyone's down on him but I have respect for a guy who has the balls to step in the cage.

Hell same.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dangersim posted:

I hope punk wins.

I hope that Punk fails to make weight, they fight anyway, and Punk squeaks out a lame decision or something similar. Whatever makes the most people the most angry.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I hope punk wins.

Mickey Gall is going to step in the cage too

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

He's been training hard as gently caress with duke roufus for 2 year, I'm sure he can kickbox a bit at this point.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

Mickey Gall is going to step in the cage too

I respect him too ( I respect all fighters) but punk's situation is a little different bundt.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
cm punk is probably set for life this mickey gall guy has a real job like me Im rooting for him

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Punk is the more admirable fighter because he is a rich man with no day job to work while scrabbling to become a pro fighter.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

cm punk is probably set for life this mickey gall guy has a real job like me Im rooting for him

That's fine.

Halloween Jack posted:

Punk is the more admirable fighter because he is a rich man with no day job to work while scrabbling to become a pro fighter.

Yeah, so he doesn't need to do anything, but instead he decided to get in fist fights in cages because he wants to.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
i hope punk puts up a hell of a fight but loses by decision to gall since Punk has enough money for life and considering everything I think he'd be okay with himself as long as he doesn't get utterly destroyed

don't understand the people who are so excited to see punk get beat considering that even if he does end up sucking as bad as it seems he's going to since by all accounts he really did put in one hell of an effort and trained his rear end off for 2 years. I respect the balls to do that and open yourself to that much examination and criticism if nothing else.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

the best result would be an incredibly tepid fight concluding in the rare and exotic DRAW

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Cyber Dog posted:

the best result would be an incredibly tepid fight concluding in the rare and exotic DRAW

well it'd certainly be the first time that punk was a draw

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I want Punk to win because he hooked me up with tickets for Raw one time and he holds the correct opinion that Youth of Today is better than Minor Threat. Also, anything that would piss of Vince McMahon is a positive for the world.

That being said, I already have "be bummed out for 20 minutes until Travis Browne gets his rear end beat" penciled into my schedule for Satirday night.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I had a dream in which a preying mantis attacked a house cat and then attacked me once it realized I was watching.

Based upon this dream I conclude that CM Punk is going to KO Mickey Gall using that same uppercut from that gif that everyone has been posting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
speaking of your schedule instead of watching cb dolloway fight, you can watch the best middleweight in the world fight the best welterweight in the world (since manny and floyd retired) in a hell of a boxing match

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Is lebron gonna be there this is important

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dangersim posted:

He's been training hard as gently caress with duke roufus for 2 year, I'm sure he can kickbox a bit at this point.

His sparring looks worse than most amateur boxers I know

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

mewse posted:

His sparring looks worse than most amateur boxers I know

there is no way any of the footage we've seen is with more than six months training behind him.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I hope the big aftermath of this is Gall getting some good attention. He seems nice and doesn't have weird nonsensical interviews all the time, so he would be a change of pace.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

there is no way any of the footage we've seen is with more than six months training behind him.

This was livestreamed a week and a half ago, the UFC have been continually showing him sparring

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Optimist with doubt posted:

I hope the big aftermath of this is Gall getting some good attention. He seems nice and doesn't have weird nonsensical interviews all the time, so he would be a change of pace.

he's probably gonna get roughed the gently caress up by Platinum Mike Perry mother fucker

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

mewse posted:

This was livestreamed a week and a half ago, the UFC have been continually showing him sparring

oh dear god

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

i don't know if the video they're talking about is actually on the site you linked but i enjoy the layout making me feel stupid almost as much as i'd enjoy watching punk spar

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

i don't know if the video they're talking about is actually on the site you linked but i enjoy the layout making me feel stupid almost as much as i'd enjoy watching punk spar

here's the youtube link, the video on that page is like 30 minutes this one is 15, the 2nd half but same sparring session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZqtmGjlF4

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

here's the youtube link, the video on that page is like 30 minutes this one is 15, the 2nd half but same sparring session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZqtmGjlF4

much love man

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mewse posted:

Why are they having a ballroom dancing class in that gym

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

he knows...

Bubba Smith posted:

he's probably gonna get roughed the gently caress up by Platinum Mike Perry mother fucker

What he should do is as soon as soon as he wins get every endorsement that is offered to him, hoard the money, avoid fights as long as ufc allows him to, and THEN get his face turned into hamburger meat and retire young.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

some positives i noticed, he didn't throw any uppercuts.

it just doesn't make sense to me that he can be this bad though.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
Dicks out for CM Punk

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Marching Powder posted:

some positives i noticed, he didn't throw any uppercuts.

it just doesn't make sense to me that he can be this bad though.

Like, I keep thinking if he was actually as bad as he looks they would have pulled the plug on the match

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, I keep thinking if he was actually as bad as he looks they would have pulled the plug on the match

pretty much. someone has to sanction this for crying out loud.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

he knows...
I don't hate Punk and I'm happy both he and Gall get to live their dream, but it looks very bad for punk. Punk is a hard headed rear end in a top hat so maybe that is why what he is told just isn't connecting. Or :tinfoil: this is all a ruse and punk is great and pretending to be awful to keep his opponent's guard down.

In reality though, he will very very likely loose. The only scenario I see him winning is Gall freaking out under pressure and one of Punk's weak punches knocks him out, or Gall hits Punk so hard he breaks an appendage.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
Majority Draw is the only decision you should ever want

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Looking at the sparring, I would genuinely get in the ring with CM Punk and not know I was going to lose. If it's indicative of his skill Gall is going to destroy him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

pretty much. someone has to sanction this for crying out loud.

Actually the sanctioning body waived his 5 amateur bout requirement and said it was a "Brock Lesnar type situation" lol

• Locked thread