Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Datatsushi wanted to be able to move around, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Domus posted:

It's a good point though...why did the nest have to be so big? Its purpose was to protect the pool for the ceremony, but it engulfed the whole village. Did the shibito just keep building and building because they keep doing the same action over and over?

It was probably their final order. With no order to stop why would they? They've proven to be controlled by the whims of the brain shibito.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
IIRC Big D hates sunlight. And as to the nature of the offering, each generation, Hisako must give back some of the flesh she took from Datatsushi in the form of a descendant.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

The maiden in the boat was herself. Remember after Kyoya kills Datatsushi Hisako got super old and then fell into a strange hole in the ground while riding the altar? She fell into the past and rode the altar down the river. The box she had contained the freshly-dead Datatsushi's head.

His head was used in the bride ceremonies but had been lost somehow right before the game starts (it's not said how, maybe it's what Miyako was smashing at the start). After floating down the river for awhile she eventually, through time shenanigans, ended up back at the present and gave Hisako the head so that she could complete the ceremony.

I'm not wrong that the "box" is a microwave though, right?

• Locked thread