Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

notZaar posted:

On the topic of the movie Aristocats, I've actually rewatched it recently and it's surprising how cheap and low scope it is compared to the 90s Disney stuff I grew up on.

Late 60s-late 80s Disney was infamously cheap, cost-cutting, and directionless after Walt's Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It wouldn't shock me if they were xenophobic OP. They seemed like some real assholes to me. Real pieces of poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

reallivedinosaur posted:

the crows from dumbo were racist - but they were the ones that told him he could fly

See, I think the crows from Dumbo are unfairly maligned. They are genial, lively and helpful throughout the movie. The only thing "racist" I can see about them is that you can tell they're black even though they're cartoon crows.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

See, I think the crows from Dumbo are unfairly maligned. They are genial, lively and helpful throughout the movie. The only thing "racist" I can see about them is that you can tell they're black even though they're cartoon crows.

*cleans horn rimmed glasses* I bet you think all Asians are good at math isn't racist you cis poo poo gently caress face lord!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

*cleans horn rimmed glasses* I bet you think all Asians are good at math isn't racist you cis poo poo gently caress face lord!

I don't think all Asians are good at math! They just practice math more frequently to compensate for their small penises.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

I don't think all Asians are good at math! They just practice math more frequently to compensate for their small penises.

They master the metric system because dick lengths in millimeters sound more impressive? THE BASTARDS!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

They master the metric system because dick lengths in millimeters sound more impressive? THE BASTARDS!

7 inches? That's pretty cool. I'm swinging 10cm, myself :smug:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
12 pounds of swinging meat

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Applewhite posted:

7 inches? That's pretty cool. I'm swinging 10cm, myself :smug:

10cm? I'm rockin 43mm.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Your worse than Hitler.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you think Disney cartoons are racist, don't ever watch a cartoon produced in Europe or you will probably die.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Applewhite posted:

If you think Disney cartoons are racist, don't ever watch a cartoon produced in Europe or you will probably die.

I like Song of the South

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Or Japan is they're about people who aren't Japanese

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Or Japan is they're about people who aren't Japanese

Well luckily no black person has ever been depicted in anime so we're at least spared that potential shitshow.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Applewhite posted:

Well luckily no black person has ever been depicted in anime so we're at least spared that potential shitshow.

But they are so good at it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol if you watch children's cartoons like Disney. I only watch mature animes that depict gritty, realistic topics like a schoolgirl who turns into a cat that steals panties.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

I like how at the end Whoopi screams, jumps on a chair and pulls up her dress just like Mammy

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

But they're still one of the best parts of the movie. Maybe we should just relax a little and let movies be fun?

Why does everything have to be some kind of statement?

Resaw the Aristocrats several months ago. Holy-gently caress!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFI52R5GRWY

Fuckin' AristoCATS indeed.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Lot of posters supporting racism in this thread

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lady and the Donald J Trump, president of the united states

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

rear end cobra posted:

Lady and the Donald J Trump, president of the united states

I'll be the joining noodle.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gaunab posted:

Racism is just a tool, it's not inherently good or evil.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

Turn on your monitor.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
racism owns its what separates us from the animals and minorities

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Princess Leah is pretty racist about wookies and that's the funniest part of the movie.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I like in The Triplets of Belleville when Americans can only say "HAMBURGER." And the American fighter Bryan Hawk in Ippo who is a psychopathic monster who enrages the protagonists by telling them that he only came to Japan to... give oral sex to their women.

I'm glad of it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Knight posted:

I like in The Triplets of Belleville when Americans can only say "HAMBURGER." And the American fighter Bryan Hawk in Ippo who is a psychopathic monster who enrages the protagonists by telling them that he only came to Japan to... give oral sex to their women.

I'm glad of it

gently caress that movie for making all Americans look fat pre-70's.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Wicker Man posted:

gently caress that movie for making all Americans look fat pre-70's.

Well all the Frenchmen are hideous trolls so it's really more of an aesthetic choice for the film.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
they are cats

you cant be racist against cats

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have shown that video to at least four (4) actual Thai people IRL and they love it, OP.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sheep-Goats posted:

I have shown that video to at least four (4) actual Thai people IRL and they love it, OP.

reminds me of frozen which made lots of white people angry because the sami guy wasn't yellow and didn't have buckteeth and slanted eyes

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

they are cats

you cant be racist against cats

I think you just blew this whole thing wide open.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Resaw the Aristocrats several months ago. Holy-gently caress!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFI52R5GRWY

Fuckin' AristoCATS indeed.

The really problematic part is the Jimmy Savile cat.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

I think you just blew this whole thing wide open.

That's not what the furry I set on fire said

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Egbert Souse posted:

A lot of people seem to confuse stereotypes with racism.

This is what racism in a movie looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOI3FqCZJE

Oh my god, I had no idea. Those poor Germans.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

This the most problematic video in the whole thread. Elmer Fudd's crazy Charles Manson eyes trying to convince everyone that infinite growth is a sustainable business model.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Between the Siamese Cats in Lady and the Tramp, the Aristocats and the cats from the "opposites attract" video, I think it's safe to conclude that cats are the most racist animal.

I have never seen a racist dog.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hitler had a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Paladinus posted: