Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
My 5 year old compact car has a USB port that charges and feeds audio to the stereo. I was also considering Bluetooth headphones before the 7 came out so I guess I don't see the big deal.
Having money is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress buying good headphones from trusted companies using hardware proven to produce good sound imma throw money away on gimmicky poo poo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jimong5 posted:

My 5 year old compact car has a USB port that charges and feeds audio to the stereo. I was also considering Bluetooth headphones before the 7 came out so I guess I don't see the big deal.
Having money is nice

Bitch you drive a 5 year old compact car. STFU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
over in iyg some rear end in a top hat who runs some lovely smartphone gaming blog is using the fact that 99.93% of the people who browse his site don't leave a comment as proof that the "no headphone jack" thing is overblown nerd poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a retard posted:

over in iyg some rear end in a top hat who runs some lovely smartphone gaming blog is using the fact that 99.93% of the people who browse his site don't leave a comment as proof that the "no headphone jack" thing is overblown nerd poo poo

well drat, that's ironclad logic right there

Seriously how exactly does one swallow the idea that only nerds want headphone jacks, do all the "normies" out there have bluetooth headsets or are they all really jazzed to trade their regular headphones for Lightning headphones or what because y'know what that sounds like nerd poo poo to me

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're not going to link to it so we can laugh at them?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally, i think it's actually really good that you cant use decent headphones with a device you pay hundreds of dollars for

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

i would but i don't know if i'd get probed for helldumping or some poo poo

smythe?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

texasmed posted:

the potential for a direct lightning port to headphone allows for a purely digital connection which would increase the quality. headphone jacks are for analog scrubs.

That's good to know since I love my Shure noise blocking buds and won't buy a new anything for worse sound quality.

Still might just buy a 6s+ (my Android is a ZL, so about 4 years old, laggy, and I've got a ton of iOS games) but if this doesn't flop and they stick with this Lightning port stuff for a decade, it's good to know.

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at the whole lightning port will mean better sound quality arguement.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

loquacius posted:

well drat, that's ironclad logic right there

Seriously how exactly does one swallow the idea that only nerds want headphone jacks, do all the "normies" out there have bluetooth headsets or are they all really jazzed to trade their regular headphones for Lightning headphones or what because y'know what that sounds like nerd poo poo to me

Yeah this is so bizarre, whenever you see anyone listening to music in public be it on the street, bus, gym, what have you- what headphones are they wearing? Probably not the kind that uses a proprietary jack.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I honestly can't tell how many layers of irony are at play here

I'm old now, it finally happened

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I went looking because a retard is being a baby, it's this post I guess, but it's not even that bad of a post so I just assume that guy savagely burned retard before and he's mad about it or something

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Some day we'll look back at this and laugh. *looks back* Ahahahahahaaa!

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Nintendo 64 posted:

People in this very thread think androids will still have aux jacks in 2 years

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Super Nintendo 64 posted:

Laugh at how terrible of an idea it was and how nobody but apple ever tried it again, yea

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Aralan posted:

I went looking because a retard is being a baby, it's this post I guess, but it's not even that bad of a post so I just assume that guy savagely burned retard before and he's mad about it or something

i don't think i've ever posted in iyg more than once or twice in the android thread and he sure as hell wouldn't post there

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

etalian posted:

lolling at the whole lightning port will mean better sound quality arguement.

Pff whatever you're just jealous that you can't distinguish 16bit from 24bit like I totally can. You see, it's much "sharper" and "fuller" and "broader" and other words that mean nothing.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this type of Jack was invented for telephone switchboards in the 1800s. Looking at a modern iPhone the 1/8" audio jack stands out as hugely incongruous and full of fail. Getting rid of it is 100% the right thing to do and now is the time to do it. fail phones (aka all non-iPhone "smartphones" ) will follow within 2 years at the very latest. LOL if you actually deny any of this. THE IPAD IS FAIL ITS JUST A BIG IPHONE DURRRERR -you guys in 2008 probably.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i remember even a decade ago a girl i dated bought an ipod for 250 bucks and i was like did you know a sandisk does all of that and plays videos and has a better battery life and costs like 80 bucks

i of course dumped her for not knowing what sandisk was

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Whenever someone tells me they're buying an iphone i think "Wow that person is a dumb idiot."

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Butternubs posted:

Whenever someone tells me they're buying an iphone i think "Wow that person is a dumb idiot."
don't sign your posts

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I DEMAND YOU SEE APPLE'S PRODUCT DECISIONS AS GOOD AND RIGHTEOUS! - a lot of people round here.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Did we ever figure out who this is a rereg of?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
OH MY GOD WHY IS APPLE MAKING US BUY A NEW CHARGER THAT IS INFINITELY SUPERIOR TO THE OLD CHARGER I ALREADY HAVE THE OLD CHARGER THIS IS INSANE

OH MY GOD I CAN'T USE MY OLD HEADPHONES WITH MY NEW IPHONE I MEAN I ALREADY HAVE AN IPHONE THAT I CAN USE MY OLD HEADPHONES WITH BUT SINCE I JUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BUY THE NEW ONE APPLE IS MAKING ME BUY IT THIS IS INSANE

For gently caress's sake. Hold on to your God-damned 6 if you're so worried about this completely unimportant, innocuous poo poo that doesn't matter one loving whit to anyone, anywhere, for any reason. Oh no I have to spend $17 on some bluetooth headphones and I can't charge while listening, art is dead. Get a hobby or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JonathonSpectre posted:

OH MY GOD WHY IS APPLE MAKING US BUY A NEW CHARGER THAT IS INFINITELY SUPERIOR TO THE OLD CHARGER I ALREADY HAVE THE OLD CHARGER THIS IS INSANE

OH MY GOD I CAN'T USE MY OLD HEADPHONES WITH MY NEW IPHONE I MEAN I ALREADY HAVE AN IPHONE THAT I CAN USE MY OLD HEADPHONES WITH BUT SINCE I JUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BUY THE NEW ONE APPLE IS MAKING ME BUY IT THIS IS INSANE

For gently caress's sake. Hold on to your God-damned 6 if you're so worried about this completely unimportant, innocuous poo poo that doesn't matter one loving whit to anyone, anywhere, for any reason. Oh no I have to spend $17 on some bluetooth headphones and I can't charge while listening, art is dead. Get a hobby or something.

Source your quotes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I hope apple gets rid of the caps lock next

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"completely unimportant innocuous poo poo" like how to make sound come out of your phone lol

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I hope the cheap 3rd-party charger+headphone adapters end up blowing up headsets and giving people electric shocks.

This will be spun as some new-age electrotherapy bs feature.

Nill fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 9, 2016

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

canpakes posted:

this type of Jack was invented for telephone switchboards in the 1800s. Looking at a modern iPhone the 1/8" audio jack stands out as hugely incongruous and full of fail. Getting rid of it is 100% the right thing to do and now is the time to do it. fail phones (aka all non-iPhone "smartphones" ) will follow within 2 years at the very latest. LOL if you actually deny any of this. THE IPAD IS FAIL ITS JUST A BIG IPHONE DURRRERR -you guys in 2008 probably.

JonathonSpectre posted:

who is the bigger edgelord?

vote now

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggHae3QNvCc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a retard posted:

smythe?

have at it imo so long as its on the drat forums my dude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this guy owns

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

a retard posted:

smythe?

:justpost:

there are some seriously stupid comments over in iyg, christ

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hell, i myself have trolled the gently caress out of IYG and i'll do it again.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
it's telling that yospos is making GBS threads all over it while iyg is all OH PLEASE GIVE ME MORE OF YOUR JIZZ TIM

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

They should make the headline just "JACK OFF"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
tim cook is running apple into the ground and probably fucks cam newton on the down low. war eagle

• Locked thread