Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I like those crazy house specialty rolls that are more like burritos than sushi

Since I moved to California, I found that there are a handful of places actually combining the sushi and burrito concepts. The first time I saw someone eating one I was like :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

There was a food truck near where I used to work that my friend loved, like he would not ranting about how much he loved the 'sushi nachos' there.

I went with him one time and no loving joke, the sushi nachos turned out to be Doritos sprinkled with tuna and spicy mayo

Raw tuna or cooked?

I'm seriously hoping to hear that it was a plate of Doritos that someone just dumped a regular can of tuna fish on.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

mdm posted:

sushi burrito sounds like something guaranteed to give you some kind of infection/parasite/explosive diarrhea

what the gently caress

Technically it's just a giant sushi roll that hasn't been sliced. The part that might give you parasites or diarrhea is that they often come from a food truck.

I've seen people eating them, but I haven't personally tried them myself. I kind of want to, but every time I think to check, the truck seems to be far away. I'm also pretty sure I could barely eat half of one anyway, that is a fuckload of really densely packed rice.

On a different topic, I'm just going to bitch for a second about the fact that I can't find any sushi places out here that serve real crab. California rolls are only ok if they include real crabmeat; not because I care about "sushi authenticity" or whatever, but because imitation crabmeat is an insult to humanity. I went to a new place last year, and asked them if they had real crabmeat, and they said yes. So I ordered a roll with real crabmeat and got what appeared to be chopped up imitation crab mixed with mayo in my roll. :barf:

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

It's because eating crabs is stupid. Butchering crabs is a ton of work for tiny amounts of meat and basically human beings shouldn't eat crabs unless stranded on a desert island.

Put up with imitation crab or just don't eat crab. gently caress crab meat.

Them's fightin' words.

Crabs are the best.

• Locked thread