Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey deadline is in like 45 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This is the busiest part of my work week, I will try to keep up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well i'm not scum, i'm the vote leader at 2 votes, and it seems like no one else is around.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Somberbrero posted:

well i'm not scum, i'm the vote leader at 2 votes, and it seems like no one else is around.

Nice forced content scumble.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

in what way have I been unclear about my thoughts on spiros?

in regards to spiros content games

these are just a few examples. I don't understand what point you're trying to make at all. even if you were right and somehow my feelings about spiros were unclear, you're talking about a hypothetical situation in which spiros is lynched, flips town, and then i, as scum, duck culpability by saying 'aw shucks i was just having a goof.'

am i understanding that correctly?

None of those three quotes say anything about his alignment. I'm assuming the first one is a joke because of course it's a joke? Why would you quote that and say it's you being clear on your thoughts? The second hedges within itself by saying that the content games feel artificial, but that that's the nature of content games, so that's not an alignment call. The third is the closest you come to making an alignment call, but still don't. Is Diqnol not putting down reads? Is he just finding ways to produce content? You're saying that scum can do this, but not that he is doing this and is therefore scum.

Yes that's one scenario that could happen, but just the fact that you are voting for someone without giving a strong read on them is about leaving your options open while looking like you are participating and have made an alignment call.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Yes that's one scenario that could happen, but just the fact that you are voting for someone without giving a strong read on them is about leaving your options open while looking like you are participating and have made an alignment call.

Saying that I have not had strong opinions about Spiros crosses from disingenuous over into willing suspension of disbelief.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't believe you believe I'm scum somber

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 4

Jimson - 1 - Glitch
Somber - 2 - Asiina, Jimson
Spiros - 1 - Somber

Players not voting: Anon, Propaganda, Spiros

Deadline in 29 minutes

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spiros posted:

I don't believe you believe I'm scum somber

I'm not voting you, I'm voting glitchthief.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh poo poo i didn't make that post where i voted glitchthief

##unvote
##vote glitchthief

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Saying that I have not had strong opinions about Spiros crosses from disingenuous over into willing suspension of disbelief.

I looked through your post history and didn't see anything that said one way or another. Just gut and that you were leaning Glitch, but never moved on that.

The examples you quoted of your thoughts I already explained don't actually make alignment calls.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

oh poo poo i didn't make that post where i voted glitchthief

##unvote
##vote glitchthief

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

aw jeeze aw heck

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i typed it and everything!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Glitchthief! You scoundrel! What have you to say?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I regret I only have one vote to give for my town.

Sorry, what are you looking for again?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Glitch, attack your attackers, be vicious

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Official Vote Count

Glitch - 1 - Somber
Jimson - 1 - Glitch

Players not voting: Anon, Propaganda, Spiros

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*breaks chair on corner of the wall* YEEEAAHHHHHHH!!! gently caress THE POLICE!!!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let the OMGUS flow through you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Propaganda Machine

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ugh am i the one dying today?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I like your style, diqnol, but Somber reading me as scum doesn't make me think he's scum. I think we all saw Jimson playing weird this day, but apparently I'm the only one moved by it so I don't know what to say.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So you think it's a misplaced townie call on you via Somber instead of scummy? Why?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Fwiw I do think Jimson acted strangely but unfortunately he always, always, always acts strangely.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Spiros posted:

So you think it's a misplaced townie call on you via Somber instead of scummy? Why?

I don't agree with his argument against me (obvs), but it comes across as a pretty sincere effort to hunt scum Day 1 by tracking posting behavior.

Spiros posted:

Fwiw I do think Jimson acted strangely but unfortunately he always, always, always acts strangely.

It's been a while since I've played, and I don' tthink I ever played with Jimson, so I can't really fall back on this argument myself, especially since he's the strongest read I have.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm not really comfortable with a somber lynch. I'm taking a quick read of prop again atm

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The other person I would be cool with lynching is narc. They hardly participated, even compared to me, and yet their main claim to my scumminess is that I poo-pooed a forced content generation approach.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

GlitchThief posted:

The other person I would be cool with lynching is narc. They hardly participated, even compared to me, and yet their main claim to my scumminess is that I poo-pooed a forced content generation approach.

i would probably prefer jimson or pmach to anarc right now just because I feel like that puts us in the same position tomorrow. game is hard.

##unvote
##vote propaganda machine

eight minutes

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Let's do jimson then. I'm voting Jimson

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Official Vote Count

Jimson - 1 - Glitch
Propaganda - 2 - Spiros , Somber

Players not voting: Anon, Propaganda

7 minutes from a no lynch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

GlitchThief posted:

Let's do jimson then. I'm voting Jimson

yeah but spiros is doing pmach. not that this matters because we need another player.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Can we get a post or a vote from someone else here please

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I looked at Prop and Diqnol's case against her, and I agree there might be something there. The answers she does give to questions don't really make sense. How is a question designed to suss out scumbros a bad thing? And then she doesn't answer the others and casts suspicion on Diqnol simply for asking them, which I don't get. The rest of the case I don't really buy about skimming vs reading, but the responses to the questions are pretty unnatural.

That said, I feel a lot stronger about Somber. I didn't like his Diqnol vote and his non-reasons for sticking with it, and I'm not sure if I believe he just forgot to switch his vote because I mentioned it several times that he was sitting on a joke vote. I also didn't like him coming after me with a lazy attack that even if I didn't have a meta would have still been a lazy attack, and I think Jimson's point that he latched onto someone calling him town was a little suspicious. It's definitely the strongest read I have to today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GlitchThief posted:

Can we get a post or a vote from someone else here please

I won't be voting Jimson today.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Looks like it has to be prop

##vote propaganda machine

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Diqnol and Glitch, would neither of you consider Somber?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm not voting Somber today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright, I guess Prop it is.

##vote Prop

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Official Vote Count

Propaganda - 4 - Asiina, Glitch, Somber, Spiros (L-0)
Somber - 1 - Jimson (L-3)

Players not voting: Anon, Propaganda

Propaganda Machine- Town Vanilla was Lynched on day 1!

It is night 1.

Actions must be in by 10 PM Eastern.

That is 5 hours from now.

• Locked thread