Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hammer.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Max posted:

You really wanted taste dead, huh?

man two ppl were at -1 and -2 and we lynched one and they were town is it that big of a leap to nk the other 1

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Kashuno (7): dongsbot, Somberbrero, Keane, chaoslord, AS, Max, -Max, KFC, Max

Somberbrero (3): Kashuno, 100Yrs, Hats, KFC, PMom, Max, -PMom, -Max, -KFC

The Lord of Hats (1): Grandicap
100YrsofAttitude (1): Birdstrike, AS, -AS, -Birdstrike, PMom

CCKeane (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
Pinterest Mom (0): Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
KhyrosFinalCut (0): PMom, Max, -Max, -PMom

:h: 13 alive, 7 to execute.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
On the second day of their unrest, the Senate decided to act swiftly and decisively, rather than fall into the same two-party bickering of the previous day. And yet, by the time the day's session was coming to a close, two candidates were yet again tied: Kashuno and Somberbrero. Eventually they decided on Kashuno, and after a floor vote won the majority, the ignoble senator was dragged from his chair and sent to the headsman for immediate decapitation.

The Senators gathered onto a balcony overlooking the yard; they saw far below as Kashuno's head was placed onto the block. The headsman grabbed a massive axe nearby, deeply sighed, and swung. It was over.

The morticians quickly gathered the corpse and conducted their post-mortem spells to identify Kashuno's nature and identity (as is customary in such a civilized nation as Decapua). However the results were not good: for a second day in a row, the Senate had voted poorly.

:s: Kashuno, Marco dal Falco Amerigio, Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 2. :s:

It is now Night 2.
Submit your actions ASAP! You have 12 hours from this post!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Senate convened a third time since declaring martial law over themselves after what felt like a long night, surely exacerbated by all the work they had to do of running the country. Unsurprisingly, however, two senators were missing. The first was the Senator from the Frachia district far to the east; she was selected to be one of the lead inquisitors over the Fish corruption cases, and she was admired for her dogged pursuit of the truth and for her bombastic personality. Her district though is almost exclusively manor homes for the old nobility. Reviewing her files, it was clear she took the Pink's anti-republicanism to heart a little too seriously.

:s: 100YrsofAttitude, Pietra Benedictina Constantina de Legga, Pink Inquisitor (scum-aligned rolecop), was stabbed to death night 2. :s:

The next missing Senator was well-liked and regarded by everyone in the chambers. He was even nicknamed "Mr. Keen" for how cheerful he was. He was the head of the entire Lion Party, and even Fish believed he had good intentions in running the government. He will truly be missed.

:s: CCKeane, Mario Crispo de la Costa, Lion Secretary (town-aligned boss), was burned alive night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3

:h: With 10 alive it takes 6 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Sunday, September 25th, ~11PM EDT. This is technically a weekend but dwi.

Good luck!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Curses, ecco'd again! :ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i see

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So... two town bosses, then?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Does anyone have a new list today? Because barring that not showing up I feel like Birdstrike is basically confirmed at this point.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

whos taking responsibility 4 scum kill

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Damnit I nearly picked Keane.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I picked somber.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

So... two town bosses, then?

Who's the other one?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

Who's the other one?

Dongs claimed to be the odd night boss

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

Dongs claimed to be the odd night boss

Yes

claimed

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

Yes

claimed

Yes. And that's why I brought it up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Yes

claimed

Are you expecting a counterclaim

Keane was p obviously the other boss so that kill is easy to figure out

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Since it hasn't been updated yet, here's our list of still-living players.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I protected AS night 1, fyi.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you expecting a counterclaim

Keane was p obviously the other boss so that kill is easy to figure out

how was he p obviously boss 2

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you read between the lines here, or also just read the actual lines.

CCKeane posted:

Taste might not have been killed by scum.

CCKeane posted:

I strongly suspect that there is a killing role/faction that is town aligned or 3P aligned.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

u outed him with your claim tbh

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

:ghost: Sorry for ghosting on you guys last night, I had a great time otherwise. Guess I deserve this :ghost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

If you read between the lines here, or also just read the actual lines.

When did you figure that out?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Like three seconds after dongs claimed

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning, there are many quotes below beware.

something from dongs earlier about chic which pings me

dongsbot 9000 posted:

she always signs up for games and doesnt play them and then she says she wants to try harder in discord afterwards

i don't know ppl that well yet but i could see scumdongs complaining about scumchic bailing for this game (rather than just generally)

also,

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i mean to save everyone the legwork tloh is killer i think so if i ever die he prolly realigned to scum

the one twist i was pondering is whether tloh is scum and the two bosses are town which would be a fun twist but prolly not the case? idk

loh is this true pls confirm.

i have read legends and i seem to remember a similar setup with ppl directing a serial killer. is there any chance there would be 2 town doing this?

on review of 100yrs posts these stood out.

his very first post,

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Having not been involved in this whole tiff the thing that most concerns me is that Pmom has been the steady vote leader the day through, but we haven't killed him yet.

This means a few things to me:

1) Town is not that convinced that he's scum. Why is this? Obviously there's no real concrete evidence on D1, but I'm surprised that even his accusers aren't necessarily going all out to convince people to vote him. Sure Taste has just been repeating his mantra, and while Somber laid out his case it seemed to be written in response to Pmom more than anything else. I don't feel there has been a lot players trying to do the groundwork necessary to get people to move to their cause. This is either because they don't believe in it themselves, but I just think it's because we're all inherently lazy.

2) This brings me to my second point. That we're lazy and apathetic. Were Pmom actually scum, there would've been stronger opposition. Someone would've been optioned up, there'd be little benefit in getting a bus in this early in the game and I think scum are content just letting town eat their own (because they could just save him on D1, bus on D2, and gain a day for their trouble). I feel pretty ok about our more vocal players, no one seems to be trying to control the narrative in any specific way so I think scum are just letting things play out on this D1.

So no I'm not comfortable voting Pmom. The only player who I read as scum without a shadow of a doubt was kordansk. So ##vote kordansk. I gotta work for a couple of hours but I'll be back for a while before going to bed and missing deadline.

hmm pmom not scum cause scum don't have his back?

then he kinda repeats himself on pmom.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We've had some chatty players but no one has really been super pushy about their ideas. Most everyone is keeping to themselves and only answering things when directly prodded. A more vocal player would be trying to encourage people to follow their leads to get something done. Like I said no one has been trying to persuade others to after Pmom outside of half hearted, "vote pmom/pmom's scum" it doesn't feel particularly convincing. Also, since no one is trying in particular to save Pmom I find it hard to believe there's a scum team at his back.

I'll put my case on you together now that I've a bit of time. I just wanted to get my vote in.

pmom pmom pmom pmom lets get kord.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought Pmom summed it up pretty well.

That behavior is pretty cut and dry scum. You do seem pretty set on this whole D1 meta thing being a tell. Is that a steadfast rule with you like "execute all liars"?

he also tunnels a bit on bk/kash, plus a random vote on keane.

this was his read on the beginning of day 2

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Chicattitude's a good name. I've been working and caring for a friend all day and I have to work all day tomorrow though. However! after 9 pm GMT +1 I can devote a good 5 hours to cracking this case wide open. I'm keeping up but I haven't got time to follow up on much of anything just yet. I think most of you know me well enough to know I'll be true to my word on this issue.

Just a few things from last night:

I actually wasn't too tired to forget it. I just didn't include it since I felt you were a complete non-starter, I remembered getting maybe 3 other people to agree to you but no more. It'd of been very difficult to make that push, and it'd of split the vote up even more.

I did read your long post. It was a a lot of stuff written about a pretty small matter and your conclusion wasn't all that grand. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I came out of the Somber v Pmom as a wholly town v town thing.

Having quickly scanned last night I want to look at Keane, KFC, and Grandicap. Keane's vote was gimmicky, but I've liked his D2 so far. The latter both made an argument based on kord's kill being an info dump, which while not a wrong point it's not the one to use to vote someone for execution. Still I'll look deeper into the whole issue tomorrow.

his top suspicions are keane (rip) kfc and grandi. somber and pmom town vs town!

and he continues to tunnel kfc in response to a post from me.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seriously. Outside of Birdstrike's recommendations he's the one I most want to go back through at this point.

after this he likes hats for town cause they post the same or some such poo poo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'll admit I read through the whole thread fully once in good detail and my impressions of the somber/pmom spat came out of that reading. What I took out of that was the fact that Pmom was town considering how quickly the votes had come and the little argument against it. Because of this I didn't really explore much of my thoughts on Somber. Though as seen above it's hard to buy into his true "anger" when he's still referencing dongs joke claim.

This also seemed out of place since somber's vote just felt OMGUS and he never seemed to actively trying to get people against Pmom. Who didn't Somber call scum on D1, where a lot of his interaction with people went from cordial to hostile if people stepped on his toes to friendly at the drop of pin?

The two most notable things is somber's tunneling on Pmom. I still found it pretty suspicious that Pmom was so close to being voted off, were Pmom scum that wouldn't have been so simple. Also somber was against either popular candidate last night. In Kord's case he states first that he finds kord awkward town and then would rather not vote a power role like that, fair points, but he then just straight up says that Taste is Town with no qualifiers. Considering what we now know it feels like he's trying to shy away from mis-guided executions.

now he is suss on somber about poooooor pmom getting tunneled!

final push on kfc and somber before scum bedtime.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

KFC is definitely behind the scenes on D1, showing up when appropriate but staying out of any hard calls, so as to avoid attention. I think I heard this called 'content lurking' because that's what it feels like. Posts for the sake of attending class. He spends a long time debating whether to vote Kord or Pmom and just kinda staying far away enough from actually putting down a vote. And yet he's persuaded to vote Kord after all this waffling. Note this is after my case so he doesn't have to come up with his own work.

This is the clincher. He just admits that he wants an info dump. Whether or not Kord is the tracker isn't the point. That indifference doesn't read town to me.

I will ##vote somberbrero of the 3, but I no qualms voting KFC.

I'm getting ready for bed. I've got maybe 20 minutes to field any last minute questions.

so. i don't think kfc is scum. i don't think bird is scum either.

i do think loh is the serial killer and there is a good chance that dongs is scum also, loh pls confirm your status.

i am p confident that pmom is scum tho sorry it took so long taste!

##vote pmom

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd believe it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

im not tho

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

in which case 100yrs did an amazing frame job in his brief time with us and i will be sad. :(

p sure you are tho.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
happy to listen to your arguments tho pmom, i like your sleepy animals but some words will prolly need to accompany them for me to be convinced

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I mean, I don't have an argument. I see how you can read that and think I'm scum, and you can similarly look at my last minute vote on 100yrs yesterday as soft-bussing.

I'm not scum tho~

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

i have read legends and i seem to remember a similar setup with ppl directing a serial killer. is there any chance there would be 2 town doing this?

i do think loh is the serial killer and there is a good chance that dongs is scum also, loh pls confirm your status.

This probably isn't as helpful as you'd want--the Boss typically doesn't know who the actual assassin is--but it isn't me.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Lord of Hats posted:

This probably isn't as helpful as you'd want--the Boss typically doesn't know who the actual assassin is--but it isn't me.

ok i didn't know that second bit ty loh.

what do you think about pmom and dongs generally?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean, I don't have an argument. I see how you can read that and think I'm scum, and you can similarly look at my last minute vote on 100yrs yesterday as soft-bussing.

I'm not scum tho~

that vote on 100yrs is in your favour but it was much too late in the game to make a difference to who was lynched and so is an easy bus, yes. the fact that 100yrs knew he was on birds list is also in your favour but 100yrs defense of you covers multiple days.

pmom what do you think about dongs atm?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

we should have 1 more ecco cop list today right

• Locked thread