Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
kept you waitign, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For your trial before parliament, yes. Your crimes are of the highest order.

Birdstrike posted:

kept you waitign, huh?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Mafia drama? Why I never....

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*yawn* I am Sleepytime McKenzie. I have maybe a third of the roles written so far, and I am on track to a fairly comfortable tomorrow game opening. Now, I am Ecco, and my word is far from bond, but idk I wouldn't be surprised if I managed to actually get it going this time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Lmao so am I in this game?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
jeepers creepers. no. player list is in the op buffoon.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
am i in the game

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

am i in the game

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Ecco when am I getting my PM telling me that I'm an invincible confirmed town cop

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
gonna lock the thread until I have the PMs ready since jimson isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes and emails. Thank you for being patient with me!

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm," instead, type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

LITERALLY MAD IRL - Cosmos Cotelli della Porta - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
The Senate is the most powerful political institution on the island. Through its hallowed halls its members debate the issues affecting this nation, and with those two powerful tools for democracy - negotiation and compromise - the Senate can enact policy, save lives, ensure justice, and bring the blessings of peace and prosperity to all. However, powerful forces within the Senate threaten to corrupt the very foundations of liberty: evidence was presented to Lion leadership that Fish party members have been corrupted by saboteurs and spies paid for by the Empire of Arrentia. In response to corruption inquiries, the Fishes shut down the government. And now, the eve before one of the most crucial hearings in this case, the chief Lion inquisitor was found murdered on the rostra.
The Senate's master-at-arms has declared martial law over the entire building, and authorized mob execution. The traitors in the Senate will be found, and they will be brought to justice.

You are a townie! You seek to find and eliminate the murderers in the Senate, and as such win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: LITERALLY MAD IRL, Cosmos Cotelli della Porta, Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I understand that if I do not jelly the sandwich it will not count as a pbj unless I believe hard enough.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I👏Understand👏That👏If👏I👏Do👏Not👏Unvote👏The👏Mod👏Will👏Not👏Count👏A👏Revote👏Unless👏I👏Am👏A👏Doublevoter.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The tensions in the Senate had finally exploded. Idro Sironetti, the Chief Inquisitor for the corruption proceedings, was found murdered on the rostra, with a knife still sitting in his chest. In one day, he was to lead the most important corruption hearing yet, cross-examining three witnesses he claimed would prove Fish treason beyond a shadow of a doubt. And now he's dead.
The Senate's master-at-arms, Giuseppe Rabino, called together the fifteen remaining Senators who all could have been suspects. Rabino then declared martial law, authorizing the use of extrajudicial, Senate-led executions to discover the murderers. The rules were simple: the senators would use every tool at their disposal to discover the killers, and, by a majority vote, send them straight to the guillotine. With any luck, democracy would prevail. For if they failed...

:s: TaoJones, Idro Sironetti, Lion Inquisitor (town-aligned sane cop), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1.

:h: With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Monday, September 19th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / (Tuesday) 1PM AEST.

Have at it!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
We got Tao Jones and LMIRL? Ecco is out for old blood.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I Understand That I Need To Unvote Before Revotes Or Ecco Will Be Unhappy With Me And Also Not Count My New Vote Unless I Am A Double Voter In Which Case It Will Be Counted And Ecco Will Not Be Unhappy With Me But Instead Merely Disappointed With My Life Decisions.

Also wow, that sure is some power placed in the hands of the senate, there. I'm pretty sure that realistically speaking regardless of who wins our country is kinda hosed. Hooray for our definitely-not-a-backwater-third-world-nation!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Because I Am Vanilla Town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

why does an officer of the senate have the authority to declare martial law

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

We got Tao Jones and LMIRL? Ecco is out for old blood.

No Country For Old Mafias
##vote Grandicap

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hold on i'm summoning up the power of will to debase myself

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this must be what Saitama feels like all the time.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

who's chairing this committee? i move that pintrest mom be nominated as interim chair until order can be established. do i have a seconder?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I Understand That Ecco Is Theoretically A Charming Luddite.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

who's chairing this committee? i move that pintrest mom be nominated as interim chair until order can be established. do i have a seconder?

Motion denied, you have not presented your request to the clerk in the proper format.

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

Also no, I am the chair, this has been established.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

Also no, I am the chair, this has been established.

*sits on Max*

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

*sits on Max*

Oh you.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

*sits on Max*

Come sit on me. I'm a couch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sergeants can and will do what is necessary to maintain order in their assigned chambers. Though these might be drastic measures, they are the powers we vested in him.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

Don't you mean martian law?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

Don't you mean martian law?

I dub thee chaoslord, beater of rear end

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

there are 9000 words in my role pm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

and my name is luigi

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

who's mario

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

me and mario are going to team up and stomp some goombas and smoke toadweed

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hell do the goomba stomping ill do the toadweed smoking

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My name is Lima, so sorry bro.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

i don't recall a vote on whether max being appointed chair who's keeping the minutes around here

• Locked thread