Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hold on i'm summoning up the power of will to debase myself

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this must be what Saitama feels like all the time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

Somber is older blood than I am, so is Keane. So rude.

Grandicap, you son of a bitch!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
out of the jokevote phase, bk is the only one that pings me at all. he's funny but his posting doesn't feel at all natural.

oh, or maybe lord of hats, both look like forced interaction, he's a little pushy/weird about the naruto thing

man, this is gonna be a good game. i hate mafia, but also i missed it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Can you elaborate on the bk thing? I'm reading his posts and not really seeing it.

I want that to percolate a bit more before we get into it, there's much better discussion happening now anyway.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think he's mostly posted jokevote nonsense, and I don't see the party thing as an actual scumslip. I don't know dongsbot well enough to comment on any kind of personal meta.

The reflexive vote on pmom is kind of suspicious, but there I have to ask myself "Would scum be that dumb and touchy?" and my answer is... probably no?

you crammed a lot of caveats in here, it seems like you don't want to come out firmly on either side.

I think the dongs votes are good even if dongs himself is good and funny.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

neway i will FULLCLAIM D1

I am Luigi Risotto, Lion(?) chairman of the Senate Ethics Committee. Pinterest Mom is Mario Batelli, who I called forth before the Committee, ostensibly to make him a voting member of the Senate Ethics Committee, but aha! it was a duplicitous trick on my part. Really, I was investigating his private correspondence and spending and found very suspicious evidence such as crossbows, poisons, battle axes, ninja weapons, blowdart tubes, sniper rifle, etc, confirming to me that Pinterest Mom is 100% definitely Scum.

Thank you for your time,

Luigi "dongsbot 9000" Risotto

wow, is this true?

##vote Pinterest Mother

Sorry Pin, looks like you've got some explaining to do...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

holy poo poo i know it's hard to get back into mafia after being away so long but you should wait a little while before outing yourself as scum

##unvote
##vote somber

did you miss me though? you never wrote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

I don't get the party discussion w/r/t to dongs, maybe I'm missing something. We already know there are four different parties and some independents in the senate. Is the presumption that dongs scum slipped about that based around the thought that "All scum must belong to a single party?" Because, while that's possible, I think it's unlikely.

there's a town lion flip in the sample flip so i don't think it's that easy.

every time i scroll past that list of weapons i start giggling uncontrollably.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

actually both political parties are evil and we need to get ron paul in power - eccoraven, 2016

i've been trying to work out some jill stein/frankenstein's monster pun for like seven minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

Right, thanks for clarifying. I don't think, then, that "All town are Lions" is the right take away from that.

Well obviously, i'm a glubglub.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what i want to know is what the gently caress happened to arrentia. jocasta rolling in her grave right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's a giant imperialistic empire, so basically exactly what Jocasta would have wanted.

I mean, unless you're talking about why they aren't invading right now, but I think that's a "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" situation.

okay good, i just got concerned about trading with fish people.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why do you have a sniper rifle pin??? answer the question!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think Somber's vote on Pinterest makes more sense as a calculated scum play than Pinterest's flipout does. If Pinterest disregards it, Somber can play it off as a joke, and doesn't risk anything. If Pinterest reacts, they're the one that looks suspicious for being touchy, and if they do manage to start turning it around on Somber, it can still be played off as a joke.

Pinterest flipping out has basically no upside and brings a shitload of suspicion.

##unvote this line of thinking makes me extremely uncomfortable. i thought dong's post was really really funny, something about blowdart tubes and sniper rifles had me genuinely laughing out loud. Pin's reaction seems like a stupid play for scum. I feel better about you as scum because you're almost aggressively avoiding making alignment calls. Lotsa weasel words.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gentlemen please i'm entirely too emotionally available for this much attention

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yo pin was trying to push some legit day one scumhunting earlier and we're already halfway to lynch with four days to go(also that is a crazy long deadline ecco), let's take it sleezy fellas. I agree his reaction was silly but I'm hard pressed to see it as anything other than value neutral at the moment.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hm ##vote pinterest mother

I know what I said and now I change my mind. pin's refusing to engage at all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm voting scum, I'm plenty engaged

i was looking forward to actually playing with you!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well if I get dunked, whose fault is that

yours, because if you're town you're deliberately not trying.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
catiline wasn't innocent and cicero was a goony boy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
a goony gooey boy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

:siren: remember this when pmom flips scum :siren:

i thought that too but i was going to wait until we actually got to that point

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning all

i'm p dumb i seriously can't tell dongsbots joke posts from his serious posts.

##vote taste always a good idea

hm trash

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am the victim of a vast and organized conspiracy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I do now very much believe that you are scum, I thought through it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is concern trolling, not genuine. I've made my case on Somber, and it's good! It's not like he's posting a whole lot, which is, you know, smart of him if he's scum under suspicion.

I'm not going to fake content for you :angel:

I mean I have more posts than the vast majority of the thread but yeah I'm lurking to avoid suspicion. My laptop didn't die, I haven't worked 50 hours this week, and all of the conversation happened while I was around. All of these things are true.

you're a real big piss.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
did anyone actually read atomic soda's case? because it's fake and bad.

kordansk posted:

Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

no it casually supposes the 'conclusion' he's going to reach based on jokephase interaction long before he actually gets there. it's clearly manufactured.

the entire premise is based on who i did or did not interact with during the early early part of the game. i have no idea what correlation that carries to alignment. also rather than quoting direct text soda is presenting the case through their own interpretation to match their premise, i'm not going to engage it past this past unless soda actually backs up their position with text.

soda is basing multiple points on the alignment of unflipped players, which is generally hard to do unless you happen to know who the scum are apriori somehow and if you're town generally means you're wrong.

at the end of that post soda steps away from culpability with this

quote:

also i've had maybe one good read in my entire mafia career, so pls keep that in mind

so yeah it's a bad case, atomic may be scum, pmom should die.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

yikes nice meltdown

I am getting mad yeah, you're being an rear end in a top hat and it's not fun to play around.

seriously how is posting your oot interaction with taste in any way a town move? that's incredibility innocuous on his end and if you actually cared about the rules you would bring it to ecco via pm first.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if pin doesn't have a poisoned battle axe then why won't they simply say so?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is concern trolling, not genuine. I've made my case on Somber, and it's good! It's not like he's posting a whole lot, which is, you know, smart of him if he's scum under suspicion.

I'm not going to fake content for you :angel:

no, you're deliberately derailing and trying to shift the conversation with shitposting about jeff. you know i love jeff but this isn't the time and place. if you were town your goal would be to make a case that convinces people so that you could lynch the person you think is scum.

also just want to make it clear that your posting callout was fake and supports a false narrative.

dongsbot 9000 110
Max 75
Pinterest Mom 52
EccoRaven 36
Somberbrero 32
Tremendous Taste 26
The Lord of Hats 25
CCKeane 24
Atomic Soda 23
BottleKnight 21
Kashuno 18
Grandicap 17
chaoslord 16
KhyrosFinalCut 13
Birdstrike 12
kordansk 9
TMMadman 3
JimsonTheBetrayer 3
Chic Trombone 2

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
here's my ogre magi walkthrough: just kidding you can't teach pure skill.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i would rather put up with dongs than suffer a scum to live

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

The scummiest thing itt is still this turnaround you had in about an hour, where you go from "nah he's not scum come on" to "well I guess we just have to kill him because he's not going to be useful" and I'm not interested in voting anyone else because I'm already voting scum.

Tell me how changing my mind has any correlation to alignment. Are we now pretending that this was the genesis of your vote and not you misreading something obviously interpreted by everyone else as a joke?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're positing that i, as scum, backed down from a safe noncommittal position to engage a risky argument where the best outcome is that you flip town and i would be left to deal with the fallout from that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's not changing your mind, it's you going from "he's not scum" to "eh whatever let's dunk him anyway because he's not going to be engaged with the game". You didn't think I was scum when you voted for me, which, to coin a phrase, anti-town at best.

And no we're not pretending that.

those are certainly words but not the words that i said. i wanted to play with you and i thought you were trying but then you failed to address any one of the people telling you that you weren't making sense, shitposting and doubling down on an absurd point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

well get lynched i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think you'll find I didn't do that, actually. I've been dismissive of and not responding to people posting nonsense.

characterizing any posts saying 'explain please' as nonsense is a convenient way to deal with the problem.

• Locked thread