Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Haven't played in a while. Sign me up. Plus, it's like my 5 year badge in this place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Make sure you copy paste your role PM in your first post as well.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Mafia drama? Why I never....

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

*sits on Max*

Come sit on me. I'm a couch.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Grandicap posted:

I think I know\have played with everyone here except Kord. Kord, tell me what I should know about you. Is it that you are a scum?

Not this game. I am bad at mafia. You should know that.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll bet my bottom dollar that pmom is scum

He's prone to flights of emotion that short circuit his posting cortex

This post is hilarious, but relies on meta alone. Meta cases on D1 = scum cases. ##vote tremendous taste

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Atomic Soda posted:

i doubt it dongs it's probably an either/or with pmom and somber.

unless you mean somber and taste.

This man has already solved the game! Queue slowclap D1.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

thats the most words ive ever seen an australian type

I try. But I just live here, I'm not one of them!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Ah yes, PMom, the anyone but vote me defense. Just curious, where do you stand on Taste?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

Kord, is your stance still "one meta case = definitely scum" right now, or is there anything else?

Would also vote pmom mostly because his defense when under pressure has been to vote anyone but him. I am catching up and responding as I read.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Ugh, dongs isn't scum I'm pretty sure.

Why not specifically? Is it because of previous games he has played with you? He just plopped his dong on the posting dinner table and threw it all out there. I guess it's pretty risky for a scum player to do, but if you post with no fucks given as a scum, you get what he did.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Feel free to find and cite examples of this in my posting.
Okay!

Let’s begin

Pinterest Mom posted:

Seriously tho,

Somber is responding to an obvious fakeclaim by dongs w a hedgy post indicating that he like 70% believes it and regrets having to vote me, and asking me to explain. That's 100% scum Somber.
One of many posts pushing a case on Somber.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Idk what a case for myself means? I'm town and it's obvious and the votes on me are really bad, especially Somber, who doesn't seem to actually believe I'm scum, and KFC's, who very pointedly engaged in disingenuous questioning while voting me.
Reframing somber’s post, and throwing in KFC now.

Pinterest Mom posted:

If that were true presumably there'd be a third dunk target on the list with votes against them.

Unless our scumbuds are, like, Keane and Chic.
Who isn’t scum at this point?

Pinterest Mom posted:

at this time i would like to report an out of game interaction with tremendous taste

(insert a bunch of dumb poo poo)

i'm glad i was able to clear my conscience, in this way
Attack on Ttaste without making it mafia derived - pretty poor form.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kordansk is scummy af also
Throw in me for good measure.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Their [Kord's] vote on Taste is for a trite, buzzwordy reason ("meta case"), the town read on AS is unjustified, and they avoid commenting on the Somber/me fight. I think they're scum trying to avoid putting anything concrete down.
Shortly after this, you asked Somber their opinion on me after going hard on them the whole time. How does this jive with you currently pushing us both as scum?

Pinterest Mom posted:

As a rule I try to not engage with Taste early in the game. He always thinks I'm scum and I'm not good at reading him so it's not v useful.
This is pretty bad as it says you want to actively avoid playing with a player in the beginning of the game. It reads like you don’t want to pursue that path and get caught out. I already made my vote on taste at this point, so at least you not wanting to comment on him still jives with my current read of taste, and also you trying to avoid getting lynched.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

In the absence of a timely response for kord i'll just go ahead and make the point i was going to make anyway

Here, he introduces the idea of me making the "anyone but me" defense (which: I really haven't been making, even a little bit! You can go check!) while simultaneously trying to bait me into saying I'd vote Taste

Then, when I say that I don't have a read on Taste, he doesn't actually respond to that, just kinda reiterates that I've been pushing anyone-but-me but edges closer to voting me

Which is, again, nonsense, but makes sense if you imagine kord as scum self-consciously inching towards voting for the vote leader while attempting to look like he's contributing to the case on me.

My question for your opinion on taste had to do with my current read on him. You just evaded it entirely. I live in australia land, so my posting is going to be somewhat off hours for USTZs.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I forgot to mention that PMom made multiple comments saying that if I changed my vote to them that means kord = scum. Talk about a setup to go AHA! Kord voted me, I was right all along! He must be scum. I have no problem voting you, I put my case forward. I just haven't yet because I saw no reason to turbo when we had a weekend. Plus taste's meta case still gives me prickly feelings. It's a lazy place to go day 1.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Finally, I may use the pronoun 'he' for all of my posts because I am a terrible human being and forget to use gender neutral. Please correct me since I assume all people on the internet are 30 year old dudes sitting in their basements.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

nah, you can go ahead and vote me, you're scum regardless :angel:

Oh you.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Naming people who are scummy while vote leader" - a capital offense

Negative. At least try writing a better narrative for my post if you want to discredit it.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

i undertook a close reread and pmom

why do you suggest dunking kord?
Pmom is looking to shift the case anywhere but them and is going for convenience by trying to push it on me. Pmom you should vote taste. FYI the defense "I'm town therefore don't vote me" is like the worst thing ever. What's your read on somber now? Complaining about being the vote leader without putting forth a real case is kind of silly. Notice I still haven't voted you. I have more than enough posts about you to justify it. Notice how I'm still on tremtas. How does that jive with your scum read on me? I can easily pile on without anyone questioning it.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

His engagement with the game is really self-conscious and reads very artificial to me:

His vote on Taste - an awkward (and not super accurate) "meta case = scum"

a really weak (and safe) read of AS = town

but mostly the very careful way he tries to build a narrative that justifies eventually jumping on the vote leader - these two posts are 18 hours apart, and you can see how awkward the inching is: this is scum trying to make sure the thread can see that they have a Documented Thought Process and aren't just opportunistically jumping onto the vote leader

(and when I challenge him to produce evidence that my defence is "anyone but me" [which; it isn't], he just kind of vomits up my entire post history and says "SEE???")

Lol. No. Are you reading the game?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
The only reason you are reframing it that way is because you are trying to look for reasons I'm scum after already deciding I am and going back through my history. That's why you claim "artificial".

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

You've spent exactly zero effort casing Taste (or trying to convincing anyone to vote him) and all of your effort casing me. Your vote is as good as on me already, and it's obviously going to shift there tomorrow. Your read of Taste is obviously fake, and your entire contribution today is just laying groundwork to try to justify your shift to me.

Tell me more about my future. My read on taste isn't fake. Trying to meta read someone is terrible and to try and use it as an excuse d1 is the epitome of post cruising to try and get a lynch without regrets.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

A day 2 dunk after I flip town :angel:

Is this a thing on SA Mafia? The I'm town don't vote me defense? At least come up with something better than that! Besides me who's else is in your top 3.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

And again, yes, your read of Taste is fake, and one can tell it's fake because you've spend zero effort trying to push the person you think is town and a whole bunch of effort self-consciously laying the groundwork for your eventual vote on me.

You're saying I think tremtas is town? What?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I'll reread tremtas tonight and see if my opinion changes.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

that should read scum, obvi

Scum slip??? V

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Quickly reviewing Taste's post history after I made my point about the meta vote. This is the majority of this posts relating to pmom. In fact this is a large portion of Taste's posts in general this game. Quippy one liners that don't actually case anyone, and just interact to push a lynch. Still happy with my vote where it stands on Taste after reviewing post history following my initial comment about the meta case vote. If pmom is going to continue to be dense about me, then I don't know what to tell them, but pmom maybe you should read taste first and find out why taste is going so hard on you and more curiously why you are plainly ignoring it?

I removed the extra lines in the quotes to cut down on the length.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Kickstart the game and lynch scum
Death to pmom

Tremendous Taste posted:

luckily this further proves he is scum, as pmom only becomes a major suckup clown in those circumstances

Tremendous Taste posted:

Vig pmom, someone

Tremendous Taste posted:

Pinterest mom
Is scum

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't care if he's voting you because he read it in his alphabet soup
You're scum

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

What's your best guess for why I'm ignoring it, given my flailing "dunk anyone but me" attitude?

That doesn't make sense. You made the argument you weren't doing that. Why are you trying to blame my case on you as the reason why you are ignoring it? This isn't a catch-22, this is a legit question. If you feel you aren't doing something that I claim you are, why are you reacting as if I am right?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess I'll expand on this by replying to myself instead of replying to kord once he answers because i'm bored of waiting

You asked me yesterday about Taste. I answered why. Now, you're back and asking me the same question you asked yesterday, which implies that you didn't buy my answer the first time around.

So: why is it "curious"? What do you imagine my motivation for lying about it is?

That is not an answer. That's you just evading answering. And ignoring a player is one thing. You are also ignoring them coming at you.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

In all of your interactions, why do you talk to pmom with the assumption that they are town? Or is it just that your read on Taste is stronger?

This - read my posts about taste.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

I'd vote kord as well (for real this time.)

Wait, if tremta is scum to you, how is me on tremta make us both scum. It serves no purpose.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Again, go read kord's post history
starting with this post, his exclusive focus is on justifying a vote on me

but when I call him on it, he acts like i'm crazy for saying that he's going to vote me

it's garbage, and it's scum.

you realize that I have been pushing for tremta all day - even though we have been talking to each other. you keep going on and on about me, and yet you are just basically ignoring the point that im trying to shift the vote off of you by pushing tremta. I don't even.... I only want to vote you at this point to either prevent a NL or just because you are being obtuse.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Having not been involved in this whole tiff the thing that most concerns me is that Pmom has been the steady vote leader the day through, but we haven't killed him yet.

This means a few things to me:

1) Town is not that convinced that he's scum. Why is this? Obviously there's no real concrete evidence on D1, but I'm surprised that even his accusers aren't necessarily going all out to convince people to vote him. Sure Taste has just been repeating his mantra, and while Somber laid out his case it seemed to be written in response to Pmom more than anything else. I don't feel there has been a lot players trying to do the groundwork necessary to get people to move to their cause. This is either because they don't believe in it themselves, but I just think it's because we're all inherently lazy.

2) This brings me to my second point. That we're lazy and apathetic. Were Pmom actually scum, there would've been stronger opposition. Someone would've been optioned up, there'd be little benefit in getting a bus in this early in the game and I think scum are content just letting town eat their own (because they could just save him on D1, bus on D2, and gain a day for their trouble). I feel pretty ok about our more vocal players, no one seems to be trying to control the narrative in any specific way so I think scum are just letting things play out on this D1.

So no I'm not comfortable voting Pmom. The only player who I read as scum without a shadow of a doubt was kordansk. So ##vote kordansk. I gotta work for a couple of hours but I'll be back for a while before going to bed and missing deadline.
Wait what?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

Bussing is actually a thing that exists. By that logic, do you think Pmom and Tremta are scum together? Because you are certainly suspicious of both.

I'm not saying you are both scum, just enough to warrant a vote.

Your logic doesn't make sense, even with coming up with some sort of bus idea. Tremta has basically no traction still, so what good does it do to bus him if I am scum. I can pile on to pmom if we were both scum without it looking suspicious, yet I am not - so basically the opposite of bussing there. I think it's less likely pmom is scum mostly because of the apathy votes on them. scum seems content to let play out that way.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Your taste posts amount to "Meta votes=bad" and a post in which you mostly quote him making low effort posts on Pinterest (which *is* the case, I won't deny that). Not exactly a strong record to point to there compared to your hedging on Pinterest.

That being said, I'm also not that happy with Taste--even aside from the "Hey guys, check out this chain lynch opportunity--I was being sarcastic (not that sarcastic)" on me, it's content-free anti-Pinterest posts.

So wait, you agree with my assessment, yet would rather push a vote on me. Is this babbys first mafia?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

OK

##vote Tremendous Taste

Well you put a vote on them here, so....

I am trying to understand your logic here. You have to contort some fuzzy math where I am wasting my time pushing a tremta case to later get town credit for 'scum bussing' on a player that may or may not get lynched or may or may not flip scum - but at this point isn't happening as there is no traction on tremta. This is all while I've had a few people toss some cases on me, pmom being obsessed with my posting while ignoring tremtas because who knows why (some crap about null reads day 1). I could easily have just swapped my vote to pmom like a day ago and just closed the thread without a worry of even getting remotely close to being lynched. Based on you saying what you would look out for, and what you have done in the past, is it reasonable to stick my head out there as a scum player?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Max, you really should actually re-read tremtas posts, and ask yourself, is this a person that is actively attempting to find scum on D1, or is it a player just posting to get some interaction and demonstrate their presence in the thread without raising any flags?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's not true that you're pushing Taste over me, and it's not true that you're trying to shift the vote off me.

Let's look at your latest case/"attempt" at pushing Taste:

You take the opportunity to snipe at me and imply that I'm behaving in a suspicious way (without, I'll note, having been able to articulate why when pressed).
And that's been basically the entire day - you explicitly call for a Taste vote while building a narrative on me.

You seriously get that one tiny bit about you basically ignoring taste out of that entire post??? LOL okay.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
And I did articulate when pressed - stop trying to reframe my posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

I'm voting them so there is that.

Good point - when I looked at your posts, I got the order mixed up and thought you unvoted tremta.

• Locked thread