Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you still need 1 more, I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I wish I were a doublevoter so I wouldn't have to deal with this pedantic unvoting stuff.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

No Country For Old Mafias
##vote Grandicap

Somber is older blood than I am, so is Keane. So rude.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think I know\have played with everyone here except Kord. Kord, tell me what I should know about you. Is it that you are a scum?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

an excerpt from my erotic friend fiction posted:

Ecco Raven: You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think I'm all right.
Gran di Cap: Occasionally, maybe... when you aren't acting like a pedant.
Ecco: Pedant? Pedant? I like the sound of that.
[Ecco starts to massage Gran's hand]
Gran: Stop that.
Ecco: Stop what?
Gran: [timidly] Stop that. My hands are dirty.
Ecco: My hands are dirty, too. What are you afraid of?
Gran: Afraid?
Ecco: You're trembling.
Gran: I'm not trembling.
[Ecco moves in closer]
Ecco: You like me because I'm a pedant. There isn't enough pedantry in your life.
Gran: I happen to like plain men.
Ecco: I'm plain men.
Gran: No, you're not. You're...
[they kiss]

Its like you can see into my soul.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

I am using my power as Chair to push forth an emergency vote to bar Ecco from the chambers, on grounds that lewd, sexual advances towards our Senators during the daily business of government is completely unworkable.

All in favor, say Aye.

Don't stand in the way of true love.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've said why I'm voting Somber.

Is it because you have a crush on him and the traditional hair pulling on the playground route wasn't giving the desired results anymore?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've said why I'm voting Somber.

But seriously though, refusing to go back to your 1 or 2 vote reasoning is odd. Why the hardline stance. It isn't like you've been shouting the same thing from the rafters such that anyone can go back and look, you said a thing, you voted.

Why the hard line rhetoric?

##vote PM

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think Somber's vote on Pinterest makes more sense as a calculated scum play than Pinterest's flipout does. If Pinterest disregards it, Somber can play it off as a joke, and doesn't risk anything. If Pinterest reacts, they're the one that looks suspicious for being touchy, and if they do manage to start turning it around on Somber, it can still be played off as a joke.

Pinterest flipping out has basically no upside and brings a shitload of suspicion.

People acting irrationally, well I never!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pinterest being prickly about a jokevote is irrational.

Pinterest being scum and trying to get Somber lynched over a jokevote is just plain stupid.

Trying to ride momentum... maybe? Esp if the initial PM read was not a jokevote, but was too embarassed to admit it? I think PM comes off as the worse party in the interaction. I don't like it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Yo pin was trying to push some legit day one scumhunting earlier and we're already halfway to lynch with four days to go(also that is a crazy long deadline ecco), let's take it sleezy fellas. I agree his reaction was silly but I'm hard pressed to see it as anything other than value neutral at the moment.

Halfway to lynch? I thought I was 2nd vote? I don't have access to votefinder at work and rereading is hard.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Pinterest Mom (4): dongsbot, Somber, TremTa, KFC

Grandicap (1): Birdstrike
BottleKnight (1): chaoslord
Somberbrero (1): PMom

Tremendous Taste (0): dongsbot, -dongsbot
dongsbot 9000 (0): KFC, Max, -Max, PMom, TremTa, -PMom, -TremTa, -KFC

:h: 15 / 8
:d: Deadline Monday, September 19th, ~11PM EDT.

Nope, I am 5th vote. I am exceptionally oblivious apparently.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

kordansk posted:

Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

I disagree with this assessment. By staying factual and non opinionated, scum can create content without having to fake towniness. I think this is null, anyone can summarize what has happened (even by page), it has no bearing on alignment until those facts are placed in a framework and opinions are made based on them.

This is not saying I think AS is scum, just that I don't think the :words: make her town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Like in her 10 billion words, this is what she gets out of it.

Atomic Soda posted:

i think there is more than just the 'joke post' that points to somber as scum, and i'm also very suss of taste. i am much more happy to vote somber than pmom today. either flip would tell us alot.

More somber than Pmom, but wants to see a flip.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Atomic Soda posted:

i feel it is useful to post reasonings and point out possible factions as well say who i think is scum. i think i've put a good argument for why somber is likely scum if people can make it through 10 billion words. :)

it is true that the occasional deluge of words is null tell for me, i'm def town this game tho.

are your reasons for voting pmom still just the reaction to sombers vote?

Yeah, I have no real problems with your posts, the problem I had with people holding it up as massive proof of you being a bastion of towniness.

But, yeah, PMom doesn't feel legit, the reaction seems forced and faked, he talks about Somber doubling down, but joke voting someone, it eliciting a reaction, then real voting is not a bad thing. I mean, Somber clearly transitions from joke vote to real vote. Then there is this sort of behavior

Like this type of post:

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm voting scum, I'm plenty engaged

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well if I get dunked, whose fault is that

It is shirking responsibility and refusing to engage. This means there will be fewer interactions to judge PMom on, it is scum throwing up a wall. If this were later in the game, I could see a townie having a similar reaction, but this early, PMom shouldn't be as exasperated as this makes him look.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Words are fine for day 1, and generating content, even content that's not necessarily particularly insightful, generally sets a stage and provides thoughts that can later be used if a player is scum. It's a good habit to encourage, and I'm disinclined to vote somebody actively participating day one because of it.

Says the man who posted like 4 times since the game started *coughs up a lung*

I have no qualms with this position Mr. Keane.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think I dislike playing mafia with PMom.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't care if dongs is scum or not, I just want him to shut up. This is seriously not fun.

##vote dongs

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

I don't care if dongs is scum or not, I just want him to shut up. This is seriously not fun.

##vote dongs

poo poo, eccogame.

##unvote
##vote dongs

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

##unvote dongs
##vote Pinterest Mom

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

I have a 100% town read on pmom, and I have now come around on somber too ##unvote. I think they're both town.

Let's lynch CCKeane instead.

Bad AS read followed by a post about content (not a post containing content) that ends with self-consciousness.

Not a single read or interaction despite it being the main conversation of the whole day. Completely non-committal 'Yeah I'd vote' post.

I very much have a gut read that this adds up to scum. Sorry you're sick, Keane, but I think you're also scum. ##vote keane

I disagree, I think Keane reads almost entirely as uncommitted and that aligns with his sickness story. His alignment is null. Like, he says things because he knows he should say things. Under normal circumstances it could be a scum read, but I believe Keane is sick and that is why he is not engaged. Did I say the same thing twice in a slightly different way? I think so, lets keep it in.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hi 100! Welcome!

Hi everyone else, I had a nice weekend, how about you? Going to ##unvote until I catch up the weekend posts, but is there new stuff happening or is the PMom \ Somber thing still in the forefront?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm here and will be around until deadline, I am caught up.

I don't like how the kord vote evaporated after his claim, a tracker claim is not indicative of alignment at all. Was there a scum bus that was looking for an excuse to bail?

I think kord is still a good vote.

I have no real opinions on taste.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dongsbot 9000 posted:

incredibly hosed up if eccoraven kills me

Not really, you are making the game really difficult to read. Like I come back from the gym and see like 100+ posts and 80 of them are you spouting lyrics. Its annoying as gently caress.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

You'd rather us stay on a claim that can be pressed as the vote instead of someone you have no opinions on one way or another?

I don't understand what you are saying in the first half of this sentence. But yes, I'd rather vote someone I have a read on, than one I don't. Even with a claim that is not indicative of alignment.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dongsbot 9000 posted:

music makes you run faster im helping

So I should get a text to speech program to read your posts to me while I work out?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

What I said this lol "lets vote the uncounterclaimed tracker d1"

What the hell do you mean uncounterclaimed. Its not like a cop or a doc. Kord could very well be a tracker, in fact, I think it is likely. It is too hard of a claim to fake results for But that has no bearing on whether he is town or scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd take issue with "evaporated", nobody moved off and it's still v. viable~

I've been pointedly avoiding that in this game though :confused:

I am bad at votefinder this game, I thought two people unvoted. I wonder where I got that from.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In fact, money, mouth. ##vote Kord

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Explain why Kord is better than Taste, and are you willing to no-lunch over this?

It's six all, its not like I'm making or breaking this. Its still an hour+ to deadline. I will switch at deadline if I need to, but this is an odd way to phrase the question.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

I'm asking you to put your money where your mouth is and say why you think it's better to lunch kord over taste, which you should be able to articulate. We've seen why you think kord may be scummy but you have no opinions on Taste, so right now it looks like you just don't want taste lunched.

KFC beat me to it, but yeah, low effort but null read on taste. I didn't say low effort, but I did say I have a null read. I mean, how do you really explain a null read. I would rather see a person I think is scum lynched than someone I have no opinion on... I feel like that didn't need to be explicitly said.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

grandi and I think a lot alike so you can pretend he said this too if you really want him to have.

This is true.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I feel really bad about Hats, I will try and put something together when I get home tonight.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

I feel really bad about Hats, I will try and put something together when I get home tonight.

I mean, hats themselves can be pretty cool. I have a couple of ball caps myself. But, the player, Lord of Hats is scummy.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dongsbot 9000 posted:

to the person responsible for the nk of tremta, dont do it again n2 TY

They can't kill taste again N2, they are already dead.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am finally at a computer and in no condition to case Hats tonight, will do so tomorrow, please hold me accountable thread.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

My PM pretty clearly says I'm town aligned so I'm confirmed town IMO.

Can confirm, we shared our role PMs in the scum doc, Keane's clearly said town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, HATS post

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think he's mostly posted jokevote nonsense, and I don't see the party thing as an actual scumslip. I don't know dongsbot well enough to comment on any kind of personal meta.

The reflexive vote on pmom is kind of suspicious, but there I have to ask myself "Would scum be that dumb and touchy?" and my answer is... probably no?

Somber already pointed out this one when it happened, but this is some hedgey poo poo. Everything is couched in weasel words. Going above and beyond to make sure that what he said can be reversed later. Reflexive scum behavior.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think Somber's vote on Pinterest makes more sense as a calculated scum play than Pinterest's flipout does. If Pinterest disregards it, Somber can play it off as a joke, and doesn't risk anything. If Pinterest reacts, they're the one that looks suspicious for being touchy, and if they do manage to start turning it around on Somber, it can still be played off as a joke.

Pinterest flipping out has basically no upside and brings a shitload of suspicion.

I don't like this PMom defense. I don't really know how to diagram it, but it pings me. Something about trying to cast PMom's motivation. I dunno, but it feels off.

I prodded him about it realtime and his response was

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pinterest being prickly about a jokevote is irrational.

Pinterest being scum and trying to get Somber lynched over a jokevote is just plain stupid.

Is a misrepresentation of the situation at that point. Sombers vote had evolved from the joke vote, PMom had upped the ante. It is a very odd reaction to the situation. It feels like he is acting as if he has more info than the rest of us. (Like who the scum team is)

Especially when it is followed pretty closely by this:

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'd be down for TURBO MAFIA. Although tomorrow's Friday, wouldn't that be okay to end on?

Which, at the time of this post, would have been a PMom turbo he was advocating based on the vote spread. Didn't he just say Pmom didn't have a scum motivation? This is a pretty weak point, to be fair, because turbos are fun. But the change from motivation defense (PMom would be stupid to do that if scum) to TURBO PMom, whooooo!!!! is there.

Then

The Lord of Hats posted:

Okay, I can't actually deny this one.

This is a little one off post taht doesn't look like much, but the phrasing comes from a scum mind. He can't deny THIS one, he has been denying others. I know it is in response to Birdstrike calling him dumb, and it was a joke, I get all of that. But the subconsious scum mind comes into play with that phrasing.

All in all, that is my feel on Hats, I mean, its a feeling in his posting that he has a scum lilt, ya know? Not a normal evidentary case, I'm trying to explain my feeeeels. This is what I get for exclaiming I feel bad about hats and that I would case him. I should have just said I felt bad. This is hard, ok, moving on.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, I was initially down on Somber because nth dimensional chess, but Pmom's total collapse has really gotten me switched around on the whole thing, and I'm definitely not seeing anyone else I really have a scum read on.

##vote Pinterest Mom

I know minds can change, but after tying himself to the PMom ship, he disengages just as quickly. Its fleeting, He has no skin in the game. He is the scum.

Like here:

The Lord of Hats posted:

:okpos:

If something big comes up I'll potentially switch my vote to Taste, but I have a hard time seeing 'not-Kord' as the lynch here. Also we've got two jerks who aren't voting right now.

No skin in the game at all, the timing of this is like super early (7PM when the deadline was 11PM). He's throwing his hat on the leader without any care of kord's alignment. This behavior is fine D1 when the deadline is actually looming, but it wasn't.

Another random defense post

The Lord of Hats posted:

Bluuuugh Taste feels likes a bad lynch

But soft this time. If Hats knows Taste's alignment (because he is scum), he gets in a shot that he know taste was town all along. Its just another small instance of it feeling like posting with more info than the rest of us. HATS is the scum.

This post isn't HATS specific, I've seen a lot of players say this, but I dislike it every time:

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm in favor of the Kord lynch, but it's looking increasingly unlikely and we're going to lynch someone with basically 0 interaction.

I've got a pretty strong town read on Somber, personally. I'm now of the mind that he and Pinterest were just two townies snapping at each other.

Any time someone decides that a "slap-fight" is two townies, it pings me. As scum, you would know this. It makes it easier to say. It is just another point in the graph pointing to HATS having more info than the rest of us. Weak by itself, but in conjuction with the others, it snowballs for me. An avalanche of suspicion.

Ok, so deadline is actually approaching now, and he engages with Keane, who asks for an opinion on who to vote:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Personally, I feel like Kord is scummy, and would like to see him lynched.

That being said, I'd ask that you look at his posts and at Taste's and pick one and at least put us out of this deadlock and not choose just because I suggested it.

I think at that point Somber was sold on Pinterest as scum and was inclined to think that Taste's vote was probably a fellow town vote on scum, likely not scumbussing (especially that early). But if you're going by the angle that Somber and Taste are scumbuddies, I would still much rather you being voting Somber, whose flip will at least give us info, than Taste, whose flip will tell us nothing.

Now he thinks kord is scummy (after my vote after the claim pushed Kord into real risk of lynch territory), originally, Kord was the only lynch he could see happening. Not that he thought kord was scummy, but that it was the right move... He doesn't have opinions which is why it is hard for him to keep them straight (you know, because he is the scum and knows who isn't scum)

Ok, day ends, Kord dies, Taste gets killed and to open the day:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, balls. Nice of the scum to let us know that everyone was wrong, at least.

Feels like a gloat post. This is probably confirmation bias, but it feels like a gloat post when you think Hats is scum.

Ok, that is my thing. Hats is scum, we should vote him.

##vote Lord of Hats

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

List is good info now, we should constrain ourselves to it. Vote HATS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

List is good info now, we should constrain ourselves to it. Vote HATS.

poo poo, that was a typo

List is good for info. But we SHOULDN'T constrain ourseselves to it. Vote HATS.

• Locked thread