Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Moridin920 posted:

I've had German cars all my life and they are great up until the warranty expires and then literally every random bit and part you can think of breaks apart because they for some reason use lovely plastic connectors on EVERYTHING that turn brittle and crack apart.

Ditched the Audi after the coolant just all leaked out one day while driving normally on the freeway because whatever pipe/hose just finally gave out resulting in a bricked engine block. The Audi before that just randomly had the catcon explode, along with various other issues.

My dad's Mercedes had some fancy rear view mirror thing you adjusted via an electronic knob (cuz moving it by hand is not DEUTSCHE OVERENGINEERING) and when that broke they wanted $1200 to fix it. They're all expensive as gently caress to fix for no good reason bc as far as I can tell they use shithouse internal parts anyway.

German cars used to be good maybe but now they're just nice to lease for a couple years at best. They're always in the shop on some bullshit after that initial 1-2 years of being a good new car.

Pretty much. Google 'BMW Cooling Problems' for an even more ludicrous example of German cars using lovely plastics for everything.

Q. What's the most expensive car in the world?

A. A free Mercedes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread