Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iowa-state-student-government-passes-anti-byu-to-big-12-resolution-201255977.html

Yahoo News posted:

The Iowa State student government is officially opposed to the potential addition of BYU to the Big 12.

The student government passed a resolution 21-6 Wednesday night that disavows BYU’s candidacy on the basis that the school’s “discriminatory policies and practices are inconsistent with the values of the Big 12.”

The reasoning stems from BYU’s honor code. The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-day Saints school’s honor code bars “sexual relations” between members of the same sex and “all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings.”

From the Iowa State Daily:

Patwa introduced the resolution to the Senate by citing an anecdote to Jack Trice, the first African-American athlete at Iowa State College. Trice died following a football game against the University of Minnesota in 1923, after sustaining injuries during the game.

“[It is] widely accepted that the attack on Jack Trice was racially motivated,” Patwa said, further referencing that by passing this resolution that it’s time Student Government “take a stance to what we believe in.”

Vice Speaker Conner Tillo furthered the debate, arguing that it’s their [Student Government’s] responsibility to advocate for their fellow Big 12 Universities.

The resolution will be sent to Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby as well as the presidents of all conference universities. The president of the student government association at ISU spoke out against the resolution during the debate and said “a number of” student-government presidents at other Big 12 schools didn’t feel ISU’s government should be taking a stand.

Here’s the student government’s official statement about the resolution to the Ames Tribune:

“Student Government’s goal is to create a safe and all-inclusive campus where students feel supported to learn, grow and succeed. The Senate finds that Brigham Young University’s Honor Code does not communicate nor reflect the values that The Big XII Conference represents. Therefore, the Senate of Student Government does not support BYU’s membership bid to the Big XII at this time.”

The student government’s willingness to speak out is noteworthy, even if it won’t have much, if any, impact on the Big 12’s decisions to expand to 12 or 14 teams. The resolution is the first time an official anti-BYU statement has been made from a group with direct ties to a Big 12 school. LGBT groups have previously written to Bowlsby against BYU’s candidacy.

BYU is reportedly one of approximately eight teams who are on the Big 12’s short list for expansion. While the Cougars would certainly be a boon for football within the conference, its rule against playing games on Sundays could hinder scheduling for all other sports.

Central Florida is another school reportedly being considered by the Big 12. The Orlando airport tweeted about a meeting between the conference and UCF Wednesday morning, though the tweet no longer exists as of Wednesday afternoon.

While this isn't binding in any way, its genuinely good to see a student body take a voluntary step to speak out against rear end in a top hat schools and organizations that are against literal Human RIghts. Mormons are freakin' crazy anyway and the kind of culture that they engender towards minority groups is frankly embarrassing and should be treated as such. I just thought you'd all want to know that Mormons are bad and their college antics shouldn't be supported.

Also who the gently caress refuses to play football on Sunday just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

an iowa institution all about suckin' cock you say?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

hth posted:

an iowa institution all about suckin' cock you say?

People in Iowa love cornhole.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
corn causes autism

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

corn causes autism

If you eat literally any food in America you are done tism'd up.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Jastiger posted:

If you eat literally any food in America you are done tism'd up.

well no poo poo, I post on GBS. It was more a statement of fact.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jastiger posted:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iowa-state-student-government-passes-anti-byu-to-big-12-resolution-201255977.html

While this isn't binding in any way, its genuinely good to see a student body take a voluntary step to speak out against rear end in a top hat schools and organizations that are against literal Human RIghts. Mormons are freakin' crazy anyway and the kind of culture that they engender towards minority groups is frankly embarrassing and should be treated as such. I just thought you'd all want to know that Mormons are bad and their college antics shouldn't be supported.

Also who the gently caress refuses to play football on Sunday just lol.

did you watch Thursday night football? the Broncos owned

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im completely okay with the amount of gay sex your colleges experience

...so much gay sex, in fact, that they feel the need to discriminate against private colleges that dont advocate it

i hope they go on to have tons of fat sweaty homosexual encounters in the middle of that cornfield wasteland you call a state

iowa sucks

edit: and thats completely ok. be you. chase your bliss. speak your truth. like the mormons try to.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jastiger posted:

It's kind of funny how up in arms these schools are about BYU possibly joining but they mostly haven't said a fuckin word about Baylor, which still officially bans all sex acts between unmarried students and has a history of treating gays like lepers.

Oh and friendly reminder it's the school where a coach literally framed a dead player - who was murdered by one of his own teammates - for drug use in an effort to take some of the heat off an investigation into the athletic department.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 9, 2016

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
football is pretty gay. mormons are pretty gay too. :shrug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

let me guess, you think Mormons are honorary Southerners

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Looking forward to Monson's 2018 Revelation.

Also Chicago Bears Houston Oilers Green Bay Packers Butte Pirates Tight End Wide Receiver and sweaty muscular men running around in skintight pants reaching between each others legs for balls patting each other on the rump and showering together but we'll literally be damned if we let there be anything gay about this.
There, I used all the jokes, ALL OF THEM what now scrubs? :smuggo:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

just about every samoan-sounding player in the NFL is a mormon

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

Looking forward to Monson's 2018 Revelation.

Also Chicago Bears Houston Oilers Green Bay Packers Butte Pirates Tight End Wide Receiver and sweaty muscular men running around in skintight pants reaching between each others legs for balls patting each other on the rump and showering together but we'll literally be damned if we let there be anything gay about this.
There, I used all the jokes, ALL OF THEM what now scrubs? :smuggo:

gonna drive it home in your endzone

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

While both are dumb and superficially polite, in my experience Mormons are generally nicer than Southerners. Dumb, but nice.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just a reminder BYU prays over the loud speaker for God's protection from harm before every game of college football.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

While both are dumb and superficially polite, in my experience Mormons are generally nicer than Southerners. Dumb, but nice.
i bring that up because a lot of southerners don't think mormons are christians

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

Just a reminder BYU prays over the loud speaker for God's protection from harm before every game of college football.

couldnt hurt

also hail satan

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 9, 2016

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

hth posted:

gonna drive it home in your endzone

:negative:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nuts and Gum posted:

Nick Saban has shown that a better way to success is to worship satan and wear three-inch lifts in your shoes.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
mods pls change my name to mormon blowjobs

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

i bring that up because a lot of southerners don't think mormons are christians

But Mormons aren't Christians. Mormonism is about as close to Christianity as Islam is. If anything I would assume most Southerners mistakenly think that Mormons are Christian. Is this a trick question or something?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Y-Hat posted:

No.but they are some stupid evil fuckers.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
mormons have secret mutual aid networks and they also monopolize positions of power wherever they go

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is the idea of Christianity not about Jesus? Or is the holy trinity more important?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

But Mormons aren't Christians. Mormonism is about as close to Christianity as Islam is. If anything I would assume most Southerners mistakenly think that Mormons are Christian. Is this a trick question or something?
Actually Southern Baptists and various other southern Christians really hate Mormons. This came to light during Mitt Romney's Vision Quest 2012. poo poo one of the most well-known southern pastors thinks Mormons should specifically be excluded from having First Amendment rights.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I've also felt the best way to change the beliefs of a minority group was to isolate them socially and encourage them to grow more insular.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually Southern Baptists and various other southern Christians really hate Mormons. This came to light during Mitt Romney's Vision Quest 2012. poo poo one of the most well-known southern pastors thinks Mormons should specifically be excluded from having First Amendment rights.

seems pretty bigoted imho

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dookifex_maximus posted:

mormons have secret mutual aid networks and they also monopolize positions of power wherever they go

Also they have a victim complex despite doing better thsn the average american and most have no moral concerns about fleecing or hurting outsiders

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 9, 2016

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Also lol at Iowa State trying to speak up about something like that school actually loving matters

It's the Iowa Hawkeyes' even more retarded red-headed younger bastard brother

Oh also I should probably take the time to note that no this is not MourningView posting under another name.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 9, 2016

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

Also they are super insular and most have no moral concerns about fleecing or hurting outsiders

woah looking after your own demographic i mean who does that wow

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hth posted:

woah looking after your own demographic i mean who does that wow

Yes i also see outsiders as subhuman

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i hear the inside of mormon hq matches the last level of wolfenstein

can someone confirm/deny

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

We should set the two groups upon one another in a fight to the death and then quietly execute whoever wins.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

Yes i also see outsiders as subhuman

im not sure what your point is

if you think they treat people like subhumans wouldnt allowing them to compete against non believers help them drop that?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
BYU is actually pretty good though. Great language program (maybe the best outside of the military) and Philo T Farnsworth is an alumnus; inventor of the television and the first fusion reactor.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hth posted:

im not sure what your point is

if you think they treat people like subhumans wouldnt allowing them to compete against non believers help them drop that?

How would competition make them hate other people less

Youre talkom some grade a nonsense noe pall

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

How would competition make them hate other people less

Youre talkom some grade a nonsense noe pall

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Owens

also go back and read every single one of your replies as if they were referring to jews

congrats youre a bigot

:godwin:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 9, 2016

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

More important question: who the gently caress would want to join the Big Twelve right now anyway since it's basically the Texas Longhorns and assorted other schools that Texas is allowed to boss around since the conference is set up so UT gets to do whatever the gently caress it wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yes the nazis famously toned down the race hate after the 1936 olympics

• Locked thread