Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which forum is better
GBS
FYAD
View Results

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
much like kmfdm, gbs sucks!

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
Keiner Macht für Dich mehr

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Keep My Frog's Dick Moist

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
you gotta admit barnacle jim has a funny loving face lol

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

low hanging fruit tho???

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That wasn't an acronym joke, I have a frog with a seriously chapped cock over here and that poo poo is getting to be a situation

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Wizard Master posted:

Which subforum do you think is better and why? I've been posting on SA for a while now, and I gotta be honest: GBS stinks! FYAD, where I normally post, is a lot funnier and has better posters. All the posters in GBS are misanthropic 30-something IT workers who think they're so funny but they're not. I can't think of one GBS poster who comes close to the likes of g0m or manyak. Even the memes in GBS suck poo poo. Barnacle Jim's face has been an FYAD meme for over 10 years now and still manages to be funny, while on the other hand the memes in GBS were so obnoxious and played out they had to implement a word filter to get rid of them (by the way, the I.'m gay meme you all seem to love so much? It originated in FYAD years ago by Deg. Nuff said). None of the GBS posters are funny or clever enough to post in FYAD but it's always funny to see them try. Overall I think GBS huffs turds and FYAD is the funnier and better forum.

Youre just too close to the issue to realize both are more similar than they are different--that is to say, occasionally amusing, but nowhere near what they used to be.

And a picture of a dudes long face is your best example of FYADs enduring legacy? FYAD didnt even make that, genetic recombination did.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
We're not so different you and I, Mr. Bond.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I would post in FYAD but JD would assign me to a probation chain so I don't.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

I would post in FYAD but JD would assign me to a probation chain so I don't.

Is that like a chain gang where they make you post there and probate you if you don't? That would suck rear end.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Wizard Master

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If you don't read the goonlol thread then you're missing out big time.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
JukeBoxBlues is kind of funny but is extremely poor (like poor as dirt and is homeless) and can only get on the Internet at the library and he has no money so can't get there often I don't think.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
What's going on here?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
GBS and FYAD - two toilets

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Wizard Master posted:

Which subforum do you think is better and why? I've been posting on SA for a while now, and I gotta be honest: GBS stinks! FYAD, where I normally post, is a lot funnier and has better posters. All the posters in GBS are misanthropic 30-something IT workers who think they're so funny but they're not. I can't think of one GBS poster who comes close to the likes of g0m or manyak. Even the memes in GBS suck poo poo. Barnacle Jim's face has been an FYAD meme for over 10 years now and still manages to be funny, while on the other hand the memes in GBS were so obnoxious and played out they had to implement a word filter to get rid of them (by the way, the I.'m gay meme you all seem to love so much? It originated in FYAD years ago by Deg. Nuff said). None of the GBS posters are funny or clever enough to post in FYAD but it's always funny to see them try. Overall I think GBS huffs turds and FYAD is the funnier and better forum.

What's wrong with huffing turds?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

LadyAmbien posted:

What's wrong with huffing turds?

Dang Mrs Mad Dog dropping truths

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
This feud is like two people in a trailer park lording the superiority of their trailer over another sad sacks trailer. So it's a good worthwhile feud imho

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
carla was one of the most beloved characters at cheers, makes you think

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
it was sad when coach died but woody was actually a really good replacement character who played up the dumb guy thing, what he lacked though was coaches ability to throw himself down a flight of stairs to gain sympathy

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
and then diane left and it was kinda sad but rebecca came in with a whole new character arc that also tied in robin colcord and evan drake and things got funny again

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I try to be a Norm but in reality I'm just a Cliff

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I'm Sam Malone cause my dick fell off

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
it depends on my mood. sometimes when i read fyad it feels like the same 5 people reassuring each other that they're funny *ironically*, and sometimes i think it's funny and i'll even make a post.

but at my core, i am nothing more than a creature of habit.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Luvcow posted:

carla was one of the most beloved characters at cheers, makes you think

There's a live stage performance of Cheers happening and I am laughing so hard I can't breathe.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
If rather be a king in gbs than a clown in Fyad - smash it smash hit

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Wizard Master posted:

you are the expert on huffing turds so i wont argue with you

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
that episode where Sam Malone shows up on Frasier

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Frasier and I both share a love for sherry

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

LadyAmbien posted:

There's a live stage performance of Cheers happening and I am laughing so hard I can't breathe.

they keep covering this on the local news here (boston) and today they had a blurb with the actor who plays sam (he looks nothing like sam)

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Well, I've never received a formal invitation to post in FYAD, so I guess I'm stuck making unfunny posts in GBS until that fateful day when the FYAD mail buzzard perches on my bedroom window, and drops a poo poo-stained envelope on my floor containing my invitation. I assume that the buzzard will probably vomit all over itself before taking wing back to FYAD. I also assume that there will be a wax seal imprinted with goatse on this letter, or at least I hope so.

Until FYAD needs me, I shall admire it from afar. Until then.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Come to think of it, GBS never extended a formal invitation for me to post here either.

gently caress both forums: I'm off to stormfront.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

i actually know which one is better and voted correctly :smuggo:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

ironically aswell i think.. thats how it works

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Urine or feces, which one would you rather put in your mouth?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
FYAD is really funny, I actually laugh out loud at lots of posts there, and even if I someday get owned by them that will probably be funny too.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A handful of poo poo or a bucket of diarrhea.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
one of the two forums self polices itself much better than the other

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
holy poo poo nobody used the meme yet

ahem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit