Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
there was another episode where it was a still frame focused on a half-eaten omelet and a recording of an infant screaming for 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Zzulu posted:

Theres no way the entire crew of the star trek didn't go into the hologram room and just gently caress everything they could possibly imagine

Some poor ensign's job was to wipe down the loads on the holodeck.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
When Spock teleported his dick because dicks were illogical and then Deep Space 9 was where his dick ended up and theres now a black/reverse Spock.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Verily I Shat posted:

When Spock teleported his dick because dicks were illogical and then Deep Space was where his dick ended up and theres now a black/reverse Spock.

the question is of course

what dont we know

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

hth posted:

the question is of course

what dont we know

Woopie Goldberg was also teleporting at the time I guess

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Verily I Shat posted:

Woopie Goldberg was teleporting at the time I guess

the black parts of the bay area that werent where robin williams was filming in the 90s

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Star trucking across the universe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why werent there any trans folk on the entreprise

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kenzie posted:

STAR TRACK FACT

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
these star track facts... i'm not saying they're bad. but they could be better?

there's some good .gif action happening in this thread though.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't like how humans are always beating up Klingons in TNG. Klingons are supposed to be ultimate fighters.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i like in TNG when they go to check up on a space colony, except it got turned into a crater. then they find a child's drawing depicting this:

and they're like "oh gee. well it's a total mystery i guess!"

season one. btw.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What is it?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the crystalline entity.

sorry i'm not very good with facts.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What the hell is a crystalline entity? No wonder the Trekkers were confused

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I thought the crystaline entity was in like season 5.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

remember when geordi tried to teach us how to read and it was like, yeah, i'm gonna take book recommendations from a friggin blind guy

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I like when georgie got all rapey with his hologram girlfriend but then the real girl wouldn't even let him carry her printer, and then Captain Professor X was all "You don't need eyes to see that bitch is bad news".

Oh, and the one when Dianne of Troy flies around in space and says "That's no moon!" but the ghost aliens are all "7 around 2 wrapped by 1 at Tenaggra".

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i liked the one where the crew of the star track returned home after years traveling between the stars at the speed of light and everyone they ever knew or loved had died

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The best episode was when ensign Rachel finally hooked up with chief petty officer Ross

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Zzulu posted:

Theres no way the entire crew of the star trek didn't go into the hologram room and just gently caress everything they could possibly imagine

That's where they get the raw material that they use in the food replicators. It's in the episode where Sting gets stabbed by Not Charley Sheen.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They had the matrix on the ship and used it for recreational purposes

Computer, give me a six tittied tyrannosaurus rex

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Zzulu posted:

They had the matrix on the ship and used it for recreational purposes

Computer, give me a six tittied tyrannosaurus rex

That bothers me the most about Trek. As soon as someone invents the holodeck all human advancement would cease, all the spaceships would be abandoned, and every last human being would be holed up playing "What Can I gently caress or Kill Next" until they died of dehydration.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

That bothers me the most about Trek. As soon as someone invents the holodeck all human advancement would cease, all the spaceships would be abandoned, and every last human being would be holed up playing "What Can I gently caress or Kill Next" until they died of dehydration.

No, see, the whole point of Star Trek is that human culture had evolved to be more mature. By the time the holodeck was invented, the drive for discovery and self improvement had superceded the drive to gently caress everything.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

No, see, the whole point of Star Trek is that human culture had evolved to be more mature. By the time the holodeck was invented, the drive for discovery and self improvement had superceded the drive to gently caress everything.

I guess Riker didn't get the memo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

In reality the warp core was powered not by matter/antimatter annihilation, but by my love for anime.

Explains why Geordi was the chief engineer

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Star Trek is pro choice.

Holograms in the Star Trek universe aren't considered sentient until they have expanded their programs and gained experience and try to become more than they are. Until that happens, holograms are just programs and there is no ethical problem killing or deleting them.

Therefore, Star Trek is pro choice.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dig Zak Pinto as Captain Cork of the Starship Energize

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
When you see a scene where Miles O'Brien teleport people down, you are actually watching a scene on the holodeck. He did teleport them down earlier, but the scene that is shown is always O'Brien reliving it on the Holodeck.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

My favorite tailor.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Cardasians have a vagina on their foreheads

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Every time you see the characters on the Star Trek get energized, you're actually watching them die. Later, molecular duplicates are created at the destination to complete the mission.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Frankenstyle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SuDpUejT-0

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Every time you see the characters on the Star Trek get energized, you're actually watching them die. Later, molecular duplicates are created at the destination to complete the mission.

god thats loving hot as hell

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In Babylon 9, Captain Cisco was the first time a Black person was shown in a position of authority on television.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Applewhite posted:

In Babylon 9, Captain Cisco was the first time a Black person was shown in a position of authority on television.

naw bob barker is actually a fair skinned mulatto man

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Wikkheiser posted:

i like in TNG when they go to check up on a space colony, except it got turned into a crater. then they find a child's drawing depicting this:

season one. btw.

theres no ring tho

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Wikkheiser posted:

I love that the people look like children's stick figures, but that crystal thing is very precisely detailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Applewhite posted:

What about Huggy Bear?

• Locked thread