Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Yet another magnificent day!" Viola exclaims enthusiastically as she wanders down the streets in Honey Bee. She catches a couple odd glances for her unusual way of greeting people, but she seems friendly enough, so she mostly leaves behind a wake of people wondering if this is some kind of strange advertisement or if maybe the circus is in town. Occasionally she stops to look at something in a show window, just wandering around without any particular direction in mind. Eventually she notices the small groups of students all chatting, walking in one direction and generally looking like there's something interesting going on thataway. Drawn by curiosity she begins to move in the same direction, bouncing from group to group as she listens to what they're talking about. It's not hard to pick up on the fact that they're headed for school, though why they would seem excited about it getting bulldozed seems odd. Why go if you don't want to? She stops in the middle of the side-walk with one finger raised to her mouth in a thoughtful expression, uncaring or unaware of the fact that people have to navigate around her with a couple "Hey"s and some "Whatch it"s.

"It's an quandary. Seems dangerous. Apparently people get lost in those!" she finally concludes and decides to inform some of the students passing her. It seems to be what everyone else is doing and she can personally attest to the fact that quandaries can indeed be devious traps of indecisiveness. Spreading awareness is probably good, lest someone else get lost in one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

People hurrying away from Viola doesn't seem to put too much of a dent in her good mood. They're probably just spooked by her warning. Which is good! That way no one else is going to get themselves lost. The need for an uniform does indeed escape her, but an important looking man in orderly clothes insists on one, so who is she to argue with him too much, even if he seems to grow exasperated at her seemingly playing stupid. Still, she graciously thanks him with a flourished bow before happily skipping off towards the locker room. Rows and rows of, well, lockers greet her. The repetitiveness stretching out in front of her feeling vaguely familiar somehow. Except this isn't endless, it just stops at a wall after not even that much of a distance. Upon finding the uniforms it finally clicks what the man was talking about. "Oh but of course! I am wearing the wrong costume! How silly of me."

One curtain-induced scene transition later she's wearing the shirt, pants and shoes of the gym uniform, bunching up her usual clothes and stuffing them into her hat, the one concession she's decided they are sure to make. After all, she has to set herself apart from everybody else somehow. Plus she doesn't want to leave her clothes behind and thus she firmly pulls her jester's cap - somehow not particularly deformed by holding her things - onto her head. She takes a moment to look down at herself and evaluate her new costume. Good colors, if a little plain. "Whoever designed this dressing room needs to be introduced to the concept of mirros." she shakes her head as she heads out. By now there seem to be significantly fewer people around and the few she spots see to be in a hurry, so she joins them in jogging along towards the auditorium, since that's clearly where everyone is headed.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola climbs into the bleachers along with everyone else, curious and eager to see what this is all about. The stage is kind of tiny, barely even a stage at all really, but the moment the Principle starts talking Viola is excited. There's someone who knows how to make an announcement! Viola's already laughing and cheering at the Ishi-no-more joke and joins in on the hollering when Principle Platt tears away her shirt for effect, although presumably for entirely different reasons than most. Still, she's having a good time. Following people here was such a great idea. And now they're offering free train rides to Norton! All of this just sounds fantastic and she gladly grabs all the stuff being handed out, even if she's not entirely sure what some of it is. Schedules for more performances of some sort, presumably. That could be fun. And maps, very helpful indeed. Another hat, once again less impressive than her own but she tucks it away anyway, just in case. And finally times for the train. Looking over the train schedule she suddenly frowns.

"Five minutes to midnight? That seems like cutting it needlessly close." she mumbles to herself. "Uhm, excuse me, Mister!" she tries to get the attention of one of the teachers handing out things by waving her hand back and forth in the air. "Mister! Sir! My apologies, but I have a question. It's important. What is gonna happen if the last train is running late? Is it gonna stay in Norton for the night?" she asks with some concern, probably sounding like she's worried about getting stuck in Norton.

Atropha fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 12, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola frowns ever so slightly at that answer. She must have gotten something mixed up or the teacher misunderstood her. He definitely did not seem to recognize the problem of the train running till almost midnight, but then he's not in charge of the train anyway, is he? Oh well. She'll just have to find someone who is then. But for now she's decided this whole 'school' thing sounds interesting enough to stick around if the principle's performance is any indication. Very good stage presence and flair. She reads through the rest of the stuff that was handed out as she kinda follows the crowd out of the gym. The throng of people carries her along towards where the pictures are being taken. When it's her turn the photographer asks her name and she cheerfully informs him "It's Viola!"

"I'm going to need a bit more than that. Last name?"

"None! It's just Viola!"

"Who doesn't have a last name? Are you some kinda exchange student? Either way your name's not on here."

Well, this is annoying. Why won't they just put her name on the list now? She puts the back of her hand against her forehead overly dramatically. "Oh woe is me, it must have gotten lost! It's just one little name. I only just got to Honey Bee, you know." she starts making a scene. "I was so looking forward to my classes too and now you're telling my they lost my name? Won't you just take my picture and get me that card? I will go and find someone to sort this out, I promise! I've already gotten the right costume too, see?" she poses dramatically so the photographer can read her shirt that clearly says 'Six Sisters Academy: Honey Bee Division' on it.

Flashily trying to bowl over the Photographer
11:16 SuddenC .roll 4df+3
11:16 Platonibot SuddenC: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)

Atropha fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 13, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Success! As her card is being prepared Viola is doing cheerful fist-pumps in the background until she's handed her shiny new card, complete with shiny new last name.

"Thank you kindly for your assistance." she thanks the security card and gives the photographer a raspberry before pivoting around on one foot and proudly marching off, her newly acquired ID card held high. At least until she almost bumps into another student who's stopped to talk to her. "Oh! Why hello! Yep, that's me. They had some trouble finding my name, but that's alright, I only very recently decided to go here. How very nice to make your acquaintance James." she says with the tiniest of curtsies. "I'm sure they're doing their very best though. First days can be confusing. And I should know. I'm in class... 5872785." she reads the registration number off her ID card. "Is that right? I'm not sure that seems right... That's probably not right."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Certainly!"

With nowhere better to be right now Viola waits around while James goes to have his picture taken. Now armed with a last name she looks back through the lists of names again until she finds 'Capitani, V.' on the list under Class 2-B. Bunching up the rest of the papers and stuffing them into her pocket she hangs on to the page with her newly acquired name on it. Odd, now that she has a moment to think about it it doesn't quite make sense how she'd be on there if she hadn't known she'd be attending school herself until an hour ago. "The world moves in mysterious ways..." she concludes. As odd as it is, lists with names that appear when appropriate does not register as too bizarre to her, unaware of how skewed her perspective might be on what's strange and what isn't.

When James returns she's holding up the class list and waving it around. "Here, look, I found it! I almost missed it cause till today I didn't have a last name." she cheerfully informs him.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Sure, let's find some more new friends. The more the merrier!" she nods enthusiastically. "We'll tackle any problems photographers and librarians might throw our way!" she goes on with a broad grin. "And I just go home. I mean, not all the way home of course, that'd be weird and I'm not even sure how that'd work. Honey Bee's my new home anyway, so I stay near the train station now. It's alright, but now that the train's actually going it might be a bit loud... Oh well, thankfully they do stop at night, otherwise that'd be bad."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Hello hello! Nice to meet'cha. I'm Viola." the girl in gym clothes and with a jester cap on cheerfully exclaims before putting one arm in front of her stomach and bowing down, other arm extended outwards. "Isn't it neat that they're giving us free train rides into Norton? I haven't even gotten to see all of Honey Bee yet and I already get to visit the city. Exciting!"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola is momentarily distracted by Flynn's cellphone, leaning down and probably getting a little closer than what would be considered polite, but she's curious and he did hold it up for them to admire after all. "Hi Flynn." she finally manages, clearly distracted. "How's your girlfriend in that thing? Is she real tiny?" she asks, holding up her thumb and index fingers and slowly inching them closer and closer.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Ooh, that's nice." Viola nods, hat jingling slightly. She doesn't seem too upset by Flynn jerking the phone away. It's his after all. And even though she doesn't know what an MMO is, she seems to grasp the idea that the guy in armor represents Flynn easily enough.

"Is that her Persona?" She suddenly asks, pointing at the catgirl in the screenshot.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Oh! Sure, but Flynn hasn't answered my question yet..." she meekly objects and trails off as James pulls her away from Flynn. He seems concerned, so this is probably important. She gives Flynn a slight wave. "I'll be right back, looks like there'sathingwegottatalkaboutrealquick!" she imitates James' hectic talking.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"There's other words for them? It's the only one I know. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I know, but that's the name of the passenger that dwells in your heart. Your innermost feelings given shape like a mask put forth to endure the hardships of life!" she explains dramatically, placing her hands in front of her face and peering out through the gaps between her fingers. "Flynn's looks so much like him. Isn't that amazing? And he's showing it to us so freely. Maybe because it's so much like him he's not afraid of sharing it." she goes on, slowly lowering her hands again and looking at James before looking over her shoulder, back the way they came from. "He's probably hurt that we ran away..."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"The strength of thine true self!" Viola exclaims solemnly with a nod, apparently not too concerned about Laurel dropping in on the conversation because she obviously seems to know what they's talking about. "They emerge from the sea of your soul to stand at your side in times of hardship." she says, tipping James' and Laurel on the forehead with the index finger of each hand. "You mean Flynn doesn't have one? That's sad..."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"You think it's destiny?" she asks, emphasizing the word by spreading her hands in a flourish. The impact of that is a little diminished considering she seems to do those kind of things constantly while talking. Her body-language is very expressive, to say the least. "That's silly. I chose to come here all on my own. This just means I picked the right place! And obviously now I can help you two figure things out!" she adds, fists on her hips and her chest pushed out proudly, despite the fact that beyond what she already said she doesn't seem to know that much more. If anything she seems to be overall amazingly clueless and people probably shouldn't let her take charge of things too much or she might start going around asking more people than just Flynn f they have Personas too.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Be careful about telling people, aye aye! They'd probably just be disappointed and I don't wanna make anybody feel bad." Viola nods at James, following after him as he heads back to Flynn.

"Aww, I'm sorry we lost you a bet. But I do wanna know what is going on with this... game?" she takes a guess, going by what James had told her this whole cat and knight thing actually was. "I like games. Do you play different roles in this? Or does your girlfriend have ears like that?" she asks, putting her hands on the side of her head, imitating cat ears. "That'd be pretty neat. Most people have boring ears, I find."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola's a little bit lost at Flynn's explanations and instructions, but she does her best to pick up on it and not ask too many horribly idiotic questions. In turn she's probably the least surprised of the three when the voice rings out in their heads. She listens attentively and nods a little to herself as she contemplates it, though she suddenly seems a little more somber than before. Something is happening, something important. She'd suspected as much, something did after all shake her out of the stupor of non-existence and this just confirms it. Well, sort of anyway. Someone here needs her help. With what is another question but Viola's not one to be bogged down by specifics like that. She'll figure it out. With the help of her newfound friends if need be. When James brings up the very real possibility that the one the voice told them to look for might be from Norton she frowns a little.

"Someone marked by Death might be coming through the tunnel. I don't like that. I don't like that at all. They might upset things! Oh no, that's not good. We gotta find them." she nods in agreement, the jingling of her hat a little at odds with the determined look on her face.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Yes! Everyone's going to be there to eat, no? That's perfect, I'm sure we'll find them." Viola says, somewhat diminished mood revigorated by the fact she's found something to do about it. "Come on!"' she charges ahead, bouncing down the hallway and it's a miracle she refrains from straight up cartwheeling. She pushes the doors to the lunch room open dramatically and poses dramatically for a second, drawing some odd looks as she surveys the room. With a look of concentration on her face, mouth pursed on one side and eyes narrowed she starts wandering through the room, occasionally stopping at a table to stare down one or two of the people sitting there, shaking her head and moving on.

When she gets to Stefan, Sam and Christie's table her face freezes with her eyes fixed on Stefan. All color seems to drain from her face and all the weird Jester-cap wearing girl says is "Uh oh." before she spins around on her heel and bolts the other way again towards Laurel and James, one shaky arm pointing back at Stefan's table. "I found him! H-he's over there! Oh this is real bad, this is no-good, awful, dreadfully unpleasant!" she says, her voice an intense whisper.

Atropha fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 21, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Actually, Meriteia isn't very bubbly at all." Viola 'helpfully' chimes in from where she is half hiding behind James. Not that she's scared or anything, just cautious as she's throwing glances at Stefan. "And I'm not an exchange student. At least I really hope nobody had to take my place for me to come here. B-but it's real important that we talk to you. We were told to seek you out. The one marked by Death." she says, doing her best to make it sound exactly as ominous as the message demands complete with pointing her finger at Stefan, even if it comes across as kind of dissonant to have a brightly dressed jester-girl deliver a gloomy message of doom over James' shoulder.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola flinches when Sam slams down her drink. These Norton kids sure are different and a little bit scary. But Stefan shows them something on his phone and it's the Temperance Arcana and that means he can't possibly be that bad, right? Everyone is so... touchy about these things, maybe James is right and she needs to treat all of this as if it wasn't as normal? And maybe it isn't? Maybe she is the weird one. It's not like she really has much of a frame of reference.

"W-well, it's all this... stuff clinging to you." she starts gesturing at Stefan and the aura of smoke around him that seems to constantly shift and churn, never quite taking recognizable shapes. "It's swirling all around you and it just feels bad. Real bad. I don't wanna upset you or anything. I just thought maybe I can help but then I saw and I got spooked and I didn't mean to make anybody feel bad about being a Persona Lady, I swear! It's not a bad thing at all and I dunno what Forest you're from but if people where mean to you for having a Persona there then I'm glad you're not there anymore cause those people don't sound very nice at all and I'm real sorry!"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Sorry, sorry, sorry! I don't know why Laurel doesn't have it or what it is, but I do wanna help. There's gotta be something we can do. That's why we got these." she says and with a flick of her wrist produces a card of her own, letting it dance across her fingers until it rests in her palm. "To face and overcome hardship."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Oh this is all my fault..." Viola laments as she follows the others, sticking to the back of the group out of guilt and because taking point on things is clearly not working so well right now.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola's about to open her mouth and either have an excellent excuse or blurt out more craziness when James and Sam step in. She doesn't quite understand why their approach of rambling on and then tackling the girl to the floor is better, but it seems to work. Plus the pratfall is kind of funny in an adorable kind of way, so when Sam pulls herself off of Sabrina Viola gives her a big thumbs up, smiling broadly. "Well done!" she cheers. "I don't think she noticed Stefan stepping right through the wall over there. Also, Stefan seems to have walked through the wall. It's possible he is a ghost."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola is sitting right in front during class, eager to soak up knowledge and hear about new things. Until Dr. Cleaver shows up and starts talking about cutting up dead animals, at which point she suddenly looks very pale, regretting her choice of seating right in the front. There's some relief when she hears it's voluntary but it only lasts until he puts on his home-video, at which point she goes right back to wide-eyed horror. As a result she only barely listens to his lecture about evolution and stuff and is glad when the class finally lets out. The Persona Crew seems to be gathering in the hall and she makes her way over, ready to share her feelings about this Dr. Cleaver when everyone seems to be talking about joining him for his extra-credit cabinet of horrors.

"That sounds much nicer than... than cutting them open. Why'd you wanna see something from the inside if you can go look at them out in the wild where they belong? Are you guys really all going to stab dead animals with knives?"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

With everybody of her new friends off to hopefully not get sliced up themselves Viola heads off into town on her own. With nowhere in particular to be she takes her time to just kind of wander around and explore the little town around the school. She's got a vague idea that the shops she's seen are expecting something in exchange for what they're displaying in t he windows, even if she's not entirely certain what money is or why they want it. All she knows is she doesn't have it, but that's alright, she's happy just looking around for now to see what the town has to offer.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

The place looks exciting and interesting, not to say that Viola immediately loves the decor, even if it might be a bit garish. She wanders around, gawking at all the flashing lights and bright colors until the man in the glass box speaks up. "Ooh, I like it! Lucky Seven, you say? That's a good name! I'm afraid I don't have any money and even then burning it seems like it might be dangerous... Oh! Oh you mean for the machines? Is that how you make them go? That's too bad, because it seems like they're fun... Say, how does one go about acquiring a 'dollar'?"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola looks at the spinning wheels on the slot machine, almost entranced by it until the machines congratulatory noise shakes her out of it just in time to notice the meager winnings clatter into the tray. "Ooh, a Dollar! That means I can play some more, yes?" she asks, grabbing the token and turning it over in her hands as if she was inspecting some kind of curious artifact. By the time she looks back up the man has already wandered off back into his glass cage. He must be so excited to be working in a fascinating place such as this all day, even if he doesn't show it. She shrugs and flicks her token into the air with her thumb, laughing when it makes an amusing sound before snatching it out of the air. "This place is fun!" she decides and puts her singular token into the machine to make it spin and make noise again.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Oh, I'm just waiting for my friends to finish dissecting frogs and this is fun! And I dunno what to do with these Dollars anyway. Isn't that why you're here? For the lights and the sounds? And also, what is a snow-cone and why do you have to bring someone one? Are they too hot and need to cool off? If so that's a very nice thing to do!"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Why does everybody keep asking me that? Oh, wait, probably cause it's true, huh... So money is what you exchange for stuff? Like these tokens? And whatever snow-cones are?" she nods thoughtfully. "And you want to give me money for sitting in that booth, spending time here and meeting people as they come in? That sounds great! Then I can use money to find out what all this stuff is people exchange for it. Win-win!"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

The group doesn't have to ponder whether or not the jester-girl even has a cellphone for long because after killing time at the Lucky 7 and bumbling her way into a part-time job Viola makes her way back to the school to meet up with everybody. And thus she comes skipping down the road towards the five of them waving as she does. "Hello again! I do apologize if you had to wait long. I was making friends and spending Dollars." she grins proudly.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"I found this amazing place where you put tokens in machines to make them spin. It's great, the guy working in the little glass box there even said they'd pay me to spend time there!"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Oh, yeah! That's the club that's never open even though the lights are on during the Dark Hour." Viola nods. "Have you seen it too? I thought you were from Norton."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola marvels at the room as they all file inside, aimlessly wandering a couple steps as she gawks at the place until her eyes land on Igor. It's not all that strange to her, but it's new and fascinating none the less. "Oh! I have a question." she pipes up when prompted. "Why is your nose so large?" she asks, leaning forward a little as if this was the most important thing in the world.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"I didn't insult nobody." Viola mumbles defiantly. "I just wanted to know how he got his nose to be this amazingly long..."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

After pouting a little about her nose-question being taken the wrong way Viola soon bounces back to curiously listening to all the questions and answers, occasionally nodding along. Not that she knows all of this, far from it, but it seems to confirm what she's already figured for herself, which is that she must be here to help her newfound friends. And more specifically, Stefan if the Reaper is out there hunting him. When everyone heads upstairs she follows them and stares in wonder and a little bit bewilderment at the giant computer. For a moment she wonders if that thing could play Flynn's game when her train of thought is interrupted by a metal-skinned maid and her eyes go even wider. Somehow amidst everything, this is the first thing that stands out to her as unusual and strange. When she goes off to make tea Viola blurts out an "I'll help!" as an excuse to follow the strange girl.

"You're not a Persona, are you? Then how's your skin made of metal? Isn't that cold? How do you walk around so easily? Isn't that heavy? Can I have some lemon in my tea? Are you a com-pu-terr? Where's your keyboard? Where do you and Dr. Victor get your clothes?" she rambles off questions as she trails after the poor machine.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola does indeed help as instructed, skipping after Mary and finally taking a cup of tea to sip on very politely. Demons she doesn't really know anything about, so she listens attentively, chiming in when Sam starts talking about computers and gestures at the giant contraption in the middle of the room. "Don't forget about Mary." she says. "She's smaller. And cuter. All computers should be like that. Much easier to talk to as well without the..." she tops to mime typing on a keyboard, which ends up looking more like vigorously playing the piano. "Also, Flynn's computer didn't make tea."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Nu-uh." Viola tells Christie. "She's got a CPU and an Opera-ting system, she told me herself. She's just smarter and more walky and talky. A person that's also a computer." she says, giving Christie a defiant look. "I might not know much about this world but I'm not stupid."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Yes!" she says, unclear whether that's in response to Stefan's suggestion or the general idea of exploring places. "We should go inspect the quarray." Apparently she's since pieced together that it's something different than a quandary, if only for the fact that people seem to be talking about physically going there. She still doesn't pronounce it quite right though.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Let's go look at the unlit tunnels!" Viola nods eagerly. Between waiting for people to come back from James' place she seems to have gotten bored and fidgety, having taken apart the flashlight she's holding (though to her credit she's managed to put it back together in working condition). "If someone got lost they're might not where other people are, right? Cause then they wouldn't be very lost."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Viola bravely marches through the dark tunnel, apparently not at all bothered by it. But when there's a strange dancing light in the distance even she grows a little hesitant at her friend's concerns.

"You don't think it's someone who got lost?" she whispers, though it feels unlikely that someone with a light and not this far from the entrance would be lost. "Maybe it's someone else who's looking?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

"Aww, that is mean. Look at you, who wouldn't want you at a party? You have the spookiest head!" Viola exclaims, almost seeming delighted with the strange being. She inches forward a bit to curiously eye the floating Jack-o-Lantern. "Maybe we can talk to the other human to let you come too! Strange place to have a party though..." she says, glancing around at the rocky walls of the tunnel before something seems to occur to her. "Oh, how rude! My name's Viola. Who are you?" she introduces herself to the floating thing, pulling off her hat with a flourish to hold her arm in front of her stomach and bow down gracefully.

• Locked thread