Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Another day, another chance to wake up before the alarm clock. Some day I'm going to stop setting alarms and giving myself another headache. And summer classes are over, so no easy walk to Norton Academy for me--Six Sisters is on the other side of town! Times like this make me really wish I had a car, instead of having to curl up in the back of the bus with my head smacking against the window on every bump. At least it keeps me awake?

With ten minutes before homeroom--uh, well, whatever this assembly thing happens to be--I need to get something for this drat headache. I think the nurse's office is close enough to the main auditorium that I can go there and not get missed at the meeting. I'd better make sure I'm on whatever lists I need to be on so the nurse knows what to do if something goes...bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

"It's not quite like that, I--" I start to say, but then the nurse asks me for name and reason for visit and starts looking me up. She types so drat slow--is she still using hunt and peck?! I can't really hold it against her, though, since she does get me some sweet relief. It's a wonder I manage to nod and mumble "thanks" before the pills and the entire bottle go down the hatch. Almost immediately the world looks a little less fuzzy, and I manage to give the nurse a smile as I put the bottle in a recycling bin (for some reason it looks like a blue jay with its head tilted back and up to receive cans and bottles in its beak--is it supposed to be calming?)

"Thanks, seriously, I really needed that," I sigh as I rub my temple. "Uhm, well, you know my parents dropped off my medication, and I get the feeling I'm going to be seeing you a lot this year. I mean, maybe not you specifically unless you always work the morning shift but, well." There's a moment of awkward silence. "I don't think I ever caught your name?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Courtney, alright. Thanks again." I nod as I grab my things to head out for the assembly. "See you tomorrow," I say with a little bitterness.

-----

Are you kidding me?! The entire reason my parents moved from Honey Bee to Norton is because there's lots more access to technology and pharmacies and stuff to make my life easier here! Now they're telling me I have to go back? Even if it's for a few hours on weekdays I have to go back?! Argh! My headache is starting to come back just thinking about the train rides back and forth. And they'll probably be crammed full and there won't be any reception...aaaaaagh. Who came up with such a stupid, buggy, half-baked idea?!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm still stewing in my juices about the crazy plan from on high to force me to die in the sticks when I collapse and the school infirmary is totally underequipped when someone comes up to me asking about Room 105. Wait, that's where I'm headed too. She must be in the same class as I am!

"Room 105? The Psych intro course? Sure, it should be...uh..." I try to look at the map on the wall, but it's being crowded around by other students looking for their first classes too. "Crud, okay, hang on...smartphone don't fail me now, I optimized you for a reason..." I pull out my smartphone and call up the Six Sisters website. They've gotta have a visitor's map on there--

"Request timeout?! How many people use their website?! Sorry, this is harder than I thought...son of a..."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Huh? Oh, hey." Someone else from our class, thank goodness! And it sounds like he knows his way around. And he doesn't look--I mean, uh-- "Yeah, if you know where we're supposed to be going, lead on. Dang, Norton Academy wasn't nearly this big..."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Stefan, and thanks for walking us here," I say. With Christie's help, we make it just in time to grab halfway decent seats.

...or, you know, watch the professor decide that now is the perfect time to nod off?! If he can't even muster up the effort to care about his subject, then why the heck should I care about it?! I wind up spending the lecture reading ahead until I get bored, then switching over to other books that I try to hide with the pages. And also figuring out the school layout -- of course the campus map comes up after I don't immediately need it. Good thing I'm in the back...

-----

"Who would even try to put on makeup in the girl's restroom after dark?" I voice incredulously. "This isn't a boarding school and I don't think any of the activities go past--" Sam voices her own opinion and I look her way. "Wait, that wasn't your makeup thing or something, was it?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Oh, right, sorry." I raise my hands in a "don't shoot the messenger" pose and nod. "Your face just looked like you knew something about the makeup and I thought--"

Christie opens his mouth, and now it's my turn to look incredulous and quirk my eyebrows. "You're going to have to define what you mean by 'interesting'," I try to say in an even, measured tone, stuffing my hands in my pockets because they've balled up into fists. "Because there really is not a whole lot out there. Open space, bad signals...lacking first aid infrastructure...."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"And travel time," I nod, trying to banish a vague image of collapsing on board a train so crowded I can't even fall to the ground before...well. Best not dwell on that. "Seriously, I hope whoever came up with this plan got a lot of bribe money, because otherwise they're really stupid."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

History passes by in a blur--not a headache-induced one, thankfully, just a boredom-induced one--and soon enough I'm on the train, sitting down and reading that email that made my phone buzz in class. "Velvet Room," huh? I try to Google the name before we hit the tunnel, but that just gives me...uh...well...different clubs that aren't anywhere near Norton or Honey Bee. Maybe they're too small to have a website? But if they have a location, they should--

My thinking is interrupted by the tunnel coming up, and the connection on my phone suddenly crashing. Just as I press the attachment to scan it. Figures...and then my pocket suddenly feels heavier. A key? Did someone drop this? Nobody seems to be patting at their pockets for something missing...and I was sitting down, so it couldn't have landed in my pocket by chance. Did someone slip it in there by mistake? Once I get back into some decent lighting, I can make out what looks like a "V" on the handle end. Don't tell me this thing is the Velvet key...

------

No time to think about that, I need to grab something to eat before the next class. Welcome back, Honey Bee cafeteria food, I've hardly missed you at all. I grab a hot sandwich and a drink and start looking for a seat. Somehow I feel myself drawn towards an empty seat at a bench setup with a bunch of other people. It almost feels like...that seat was set aside for me--no, that's stupid! Ugh, stupid train ride, it's making my brain even loopier than it was. Still, I slide in and mumble "hey" to the people already there.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Hi, Sammy," I answer her between bites. "It's...some food, yeah." I've had worse in overnight hospital stays, but I don't exactly feel like mentioning that. "So what brings you back to see me?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Sure, no problem, Christie," I nod as I pat the seat next to me. "Room for more. Hey, thanks for helping us with the classes earlier--" I stop talking as some girl comes right up to my table and looks at me. Is she wearing jester-wear? Was it costume day in Honey Bee or something.

"Can I...help you?"

As I try to lock eyes with her, she suddenly blanches and runs off.

"...what the hell was that?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 21, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"I don't think we screwed up," I tell Christie as even more strange people gather around motley-girl. "I mean, there are other people right--huh?!" As if on cue, the people sitting elsewhere at the table have all left, leaving me, Christie, Sam, and these three weirdos more or less alone. And why does this guy want me to go with him--Personas?! Wait, like Talos?!

"...you know, some seats just opened up here," I say in measured tones. "We can all have a nice little chat right here, James, Laurel, and Viola." Geez, even their names sound like a comedy act.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

SuddenConsequences posted:

"We were told to seek you out. The one marked by Death."

WHAT THE F--

Now it's my turn to blanche. And nearly choke on my food. And make all manner of noise to call everybody's attention towards the sextuple act going on at the table in the corner. Who is this girl and how does she know about my...condition?!

"Now you list--*hack hack* listen, lady!" I hiss as I try to catch my breath. "You can't just go around *hack hack* calling people *cough* dead men walking like that!" Even if she is right...but how does she know?! HOW?!

One of the boys--James, I think, pulls out a card from his pocket and I can't help but stare. Discreetly I pull out my phone and compare James' card to my wallpaper. The subject is definitely different--mine is a figure pouring something between two cups, shut up, it looks cool and better than a family picture with me in a hospital gown!--but the art is definitely similar. And the theme is obvious. And Sam's reaction makes it sound like she knows, too. I've never heard anything about Forrest, but it's obviously something she was hoping would stay buried.

Maybe there's something to this. But first I need to check something.

"Viola," I say with a deep breath and a quiet tone. "I need you to be honest with me. What makes you think I'm 'marked by death' or whatever?"

Depending on how outlandish the answer is, I may end up compelling "Stop Lying to Me!"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP5+1?/5

Okay, okay, seriously, what, what, WHAT?!

This is it. This is how I die. I'm going to die of a stroke because crazy jester lady thinks I'm covered in evil black goo. She doesn't even know my medical history and here she is throwing around visions of horrible death and is she actively TRYING TO MAKE MY HEADACHE WORSE OR--

My head lands on my sandwich with a muffled "thump." "Gyah!" It's enough to snap me out of my mental ranting, but not enough to make the pain go away. I need to get one of those travel packs of medicine and stuff it with aspirin...

"Ow, ow, ow, just...shut up, Viola, you're making my head hurt!" I hold my forehead in one hand as I start looking up again, continuing to babble in a hushed hiss. "I...okay, we all have tarot card thingies, but that doesn't mean anything about me!" I know full well I'm "marked by death" in my own way, but that's not what Viola seems to be talking about, not in the slightest. She's not talking about terminal illness, she's talking about some kind of spiritual thing. "I mean, Laurel over there--" I point at him aggressively with my phone. "--how come he doesn't have that black aura?!"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP5+1?/5

Okay, okay, seriously, what, what, WHAT?!

"I saw her card," I deadpan from just over the bread. "It's death. How come I'm marked by death and she's not?"

Edit, on one of UQ's suggestions

"You know what, to hell with it, I don't need this. What I need is a quiet place to take some painkillers. Where's the restroom?" I stomp off to exit the lunchroom and look for someplace blessedly free of jester girls.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 23, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP5+1?/5

Bathroom, closet, glowy door, men's room--what?!

Okay...okay, Stefan, let's stop and think about this. There's a big glowing door in front of you right where the join between the men's room and the janitor's room is. Obviously this place is using bad bread--you're tripping balls. Great. That's great.

Oh, and now that thing in your pocket is practically burning a hole in it, it's so bright and warm. Okay, maybe Courtney gave you something a little stronger than aspirin and it took two periods and lunch to kick in. Great, just great. Fan-loving-tastic.

...You know what, gently caress it, in real life this is probably a locker or something and I can hide there while jester girl skips by looking for me. I'll stay in there, check on Talos maybe, and be out by next period with less of a headache. Now where's the drat key...

If anybody's concerned about Stefan, feel free to try and follow.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

poo poo, someone's coming. Gotta hurry up and get inside, Stefan! Key's in the lock, open it up and make sure you close it behind you!

*SLAM*

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

The minute the door slams, everything feels...well...I feel the least pressure in my head I've felt since I was ten. It's...nice. Really nice. I think its the decor--I should get some translucent blue curtains or something for my room.

I turn around and take a deep, deep breath. It almost looks like someone turned an elevator into a guest room, and the guest was a ten year old girl who set the place up for a tea party. Igor doesn't look like a ten year old girl, though.

"Hello Igor," I nod in response as he puts down the card. The design is a little more intricate, but it's definitely based on my phone's wallpaper. That doesn't have the Jolly Roger watermark, though. Is that--!

As soon as Igor gives the go ahead, I can't help myself. My mouth starts running as my brain pours out everything I've been thinking of since the day started.

"How did you email me a key? What's the deal with the jester girl? Assuming this Persona is a manifestation of my emotional state why did I name it Talos and not Robbie or R. Daneel Olivaw? Is this magic? Is fate real? Are all of the people I've met today with the tarot cards also magic Persona people? One of them talked about an hour between midnight and one, is that tied to this too--?"

I run out of breath at the end of that barrage and start gasping for air. Once I've gotten my breath back, I ask the big question.

"...What does it mean to be marked by death?"

And after thinking about it, I ask one more, in more of a muttered train of thought than an actual question.

"...and will you ever lie to me for what you think is my own good?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 24, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

I nod and sigh as I listen to Igor answer my questions. Victor von Frankenstein is a name I'll have to tuck in my back pocket with the key proper...well, that explains jester girl...I guess if I wanted a Daneel Olivaw Persona I'd have named it asimov.exe instead of talos.exe...magic is real and fate can be punch, oh thank god...I can trust the rest of the tarot card people, okay...wait, how did I program Talos if my computer wasn't supposed to work?...

...THAT'S what marked by death means?! I...not...

...oh thank god! I find myself reaching forward to hug Igor. I can trust him. I can absolutely trust him, oh, yes, finally!

"...thank you," I manage to whisper before the hug gets a little too awkward and I break off. "Uh...just one last question. When I first heard jester girl--Viola--talk about my being marked by death, I thought she was referring to, uh, something completely different. You mentioned that this Wild Card thing has happened to other people? Did they all, uhm...die young? And unnaturally? Of brain tumors?" Maybe that last one gave it away a bit, but now I need to hear this from the mouth of the Oracle himself.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

It's a slim hope, but it's still more than the doctors gave when they weren't lying through their teeth. I want to hug Igor again, but instead I give a little bow, another "thank you", and a smile. "Y-you're right, I've got people who can help me waiting for me. I'll see you at...these addresses on the key, then." With one more nod, I turn to the door, and open the door the same way I opened it coming in, slowly and out into the hall, before stumbling out.

"...oh." I wasn't expecting them to come after me...and almost certainly they saw me coming out of the glowy door...which isn't there anymore. "Uh...hi?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

...okay, that was not the reaction I was expecting! "I'm not undead, I swear!" I yelp with my hands going up in a "see, there's blood flowing there!" pose. "It...there was a...it's hard to explain here. I...if you trust me, we can meet after school, and uh..."

I'm going to need to check the addresses on the key when I get a private moment. One in Norton, one in Honey Bee, right?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

You know...I actually like this Dr. Cleaver fellow. I don't think I can explain why, but seeing the cells and life and stuff is calming somehow. The rumors that his coat is bloodstained don't bother me--it's an old film and the colors are washed out, it's probably coffee or something.

----

When we finally get the chance to link up in front of the school stairwell, Christie, Sam and Laurel all say they want to see Dr. Cleaver's dissection. And I have to be honest, I'm also intrigued. And the Velvet Room advertised itself as a nightclub--it'll stay open late, right?

"Uh, sure, if you want to we can see the lab. But after that I really, really want to show you all something. So, uh, what's the nightlife been like in Honey Bee?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

"Thanks...I think?" I nod and set my bag down at one of the microscopes closest to the doctor's desk. I don't get why everybody's talking about bloodstains on his labcoat--I've been in enough hospitals to know what blood looks (and smells!) like, and that is not blood. More likely it's tea or coffee stains.

I can't quite remember--how long did Dr. Cleaver say these things live again? Will they see the world change more than--

Eeeee, bad thoughts, think of something else!

"So, uh, Dr. Cleaver, do you drink a lot of coffee on the job?" I blurt out.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

Oh crap, I shouldn't have said that out loud. At least he seems...bemused? I guess if people suggested I was killing people I'd be a little more put out. Uh, change the subject fast, Stefan!

"Sounds...interesting. Is that kind of problem normal for you to take on, or do you usually have more...uh...sedate organisms to consider?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

"T...that's not what I meant at all!" I say, crossing my forearms in an "X", chuckling nervously. "I've seen lots of guys with stained white coats, and they were the complete opposite of killers!"

You are seriously off your game, Stefan; way more than usual. I should've asked Igor if being marked by death came with any psychological changes. Quick, think of something else to say!

"Heh, if your lab coat is kind of a souvenir, does that mean that thing under the sheet there is an exploded frog?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

"So that's what it is--" I mutter as I look at the bubble algae, before a ringing voice in the back of my head intensifies my headache. Thou art I, and I am thou...wait, is Dr. Cleaver a Persona user too?! Crud, Igor mentioned that anybody with a card...does Dr. Cleaver have a card? I don't know, but I don't think now is the best time to ask, so I sign the sheet, wave Dr. Cleaver goodbye, and head outside. Looks like Sam convinced Sabrina not to come with, so that's fine. It gives me a chance to look up the Velvet Club's Honey Bee address.

-------

Once we're well out of the building, I turn to the other four and smile nervously.

"Sorry for holding you all over again..." I say apologetically as I confirm some directions on my phone. "I mean, we don't have to do this if you don't want to, but...something tells me it's important. Uh, does anybody here have Jester Girl's number?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

Ah, there's the Jester Shadow Girl right now. Speak of the...heh. Wait...

"There's a casino here? How did they let you in?" He shakes his head in confusion. Human or not, she definitely doesn't look 21. She barely looks sixteen, honestly, and she certainly doesn't SOUND sixteen. A sixteen year old doesn't go right up to someone and scream about marks of death like it's Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

"Well...nevermind. Viola, does this address sound familiar to you?" I whisper the address of the Honey Bee Velvet Club her way.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

Alright, Jester Shadow Girl knows about the place. Somehow I'm not surprised.

"Uh, well, I don't think it'll take too long," I say to calm Christie's and James' fears. Time worked out funny in Igor's bedroom thing after all. "The place is a little bit off the main roads, but I think we can get there and have plenty of time for the trains and stuff."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

Despite having only learned about the place a few hours ago, stepping off the streets and into the Velvet Room feels almost like coming home, static and headaches going away and everything.

"Hi Igor!" I say, with freakish familiarity. "That's Igor, he's good people. So, uh...yeah. This is kinda sorta where I ended up during lunch. I didn't see Christopher there, though." I give a nervous giggle--what is it about this place that makes me open up?!--and shrug. "I kinda talked Igor's ear off earlier, so, uh..." My eyes turn towards Jester Shadow Girl unconsciously. "Why don't you all break the ice?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 3, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

I've decided to sit with Sam at the Bar and have a drink as Igor and Christopher both take questions from my...friends? party? acquaintances? total strangers?...let's go with new friends for now. I nod along at the stories being told--some of them Igor already told me, some of them are kinda new. I see Laurel look at me, though, and I can't help but answer. "Hey, don't look at me, I've never been in a nightclub in my life," I say with a shake of my head. If this place were based on my subconscious, I'd have guessed a doctor's office, not a club--god knows I've spent enough time in those. As Christie's next question--and Christopher's response--reminds me.

"So if Igor's hope doesn't pan out, guess he'll screw off in a few years anyways," I mumble into the bottom of the glass. Not loud enough for anybody to hear, I hope. Time for an awkward subject change, as always! "So, uh, before we go up to meet him, how did you guys come to meet Dr. Frankenstein? Or how did he come to meet you, however it happened."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

I wonder if this grape juice is actually spiked or not. Not like I'd be able to tell--I've never had alcohol so I wouldn't be able to imagine the taste, even subconsciously. "Does the doctor ever come downstairs here? We can all chat together. But if he's a bit of a recluse we can go up to see him too."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

Today is a day of strange meetings, it seems! First my friends, then Igor, then Christopher, and now Mary and Dr. Frankenstein. It's also a day of Jester Shadow Girls running their mouths, as I shoot a glare at Viola when she starts to ramble about how computers should make tea. I should snark, but instead I'm focusing on Mary. And the supercomputer. Both of them. How did the doctor--it--I--

"Wow." I catch myself and pick my jaw off the floor before I do something I'll regret. "You made both of these?" I nod my head enthusiastically. I want a robot body...or maybe I should give Talos a robot body first. Can you manifest a Persona like this? Actually, speaking of Talos...

"I definitely feel like helping you look into these things, but, uh, question. Have you ever heard of, well, COMP Daemons and Shadows, like...uh..." I raise two fingers up in the air, then cross them. "How similar are they, deep down?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

drat, I'm going to have to convince Sam and Laurel to let me see if I can't interface those things with Talos. Later, though. There's a little part of me that still can't believe I'm talking to Dr. Frankenstein, or that he's graduated from biology to computer intelligence. "Sure, we can go stick our noses in the quarry." Alright, I guess we're the Scooby Gang now.

"Viola can be the mascot."

Wait, did I say that out loud?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

I'm halfway to pulling out my phone to check the time when I remember that time flows weird here. "Uh, yeah, sure, I think we got time. And I can help you haul stuff. I'm dying, not dea---IIIIIiii mean I'm dying to get a look at this sort of thing with other people for myself." Goddammit, Stefan, don't let your guard down like that. Last thing you want is for this to turn into a pity party.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

I want to say something about apples and trees or programs and forks but all that comes out is "Your dad's a real jack--" before I shut up. "Uh...I guess you have to live with him. You know that already." Seriously, who did that guy think he was, calling Christie and I riff-raff?! rear end in a top hat.

"The velvet club people talked about how the dark hour could be dangerous." Especially if you're connected to me, is the unspoken extra. "How far is it from the quarry to here? You think you can make it?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

I grab a flashlight when Christie offers one--I mean, my smartphone has a flashlight in it, but it's always good to have backups.

"Hey, James, does your dad keep people slaving away here all day?" I say as I indicate towards the lit tunnel. "I'm more into computing than mining but I don't think you're supposed to play in quarries after dark...like what we're about to do...uh, let's go see who has the same idea as we do, shall we?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4/4

And there's the 800 pound elephant in the room. Or 80 pound Jester Shadow Girl. Whichever!

"Uh...okay..." I say as I look at Viola. "The point is to not get lost, Viola." Still, James does have a point -- I'd probably die a lot faster to a security guard with a gun told to watch out for someone who looks like me than to the Grim Reaper who hasn't shown yet.

"Hey, James. You want me to stick with Viola, keep her from announcing were here on the loudspeakers?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4+1/4

It's actually kinda relaxing here in the tunnel. I have no idea why considering what we're getting up to, but the close space and low light is comforting. Maybe I should see if Honey Bee has a spelunking club or something--

Oh? That's a strange light. I hear Christie and James whispering about whether we should go back or not. To be honest, though, this whole place has got my code-cracking instincts running. Whoever--whatever?--this light is, it's moving almost without a sound. That's interesting. And I don't want to turn back.

And if it turns out to be angry...

...well, I was already dead, anyways.

With a deep breath, I head out towards the next outcropping between myself and the light. And the next, and the next...

I don't think Stefan has actually rolled for anything, so let's do that now, with a Compel on "Think Fast, Die Young," because this idea might be silly. I'm rolling Quick to scramble between cover and towards the light.
Get this guy! (+quick?): 4dF+2 1
Ew...can I also Invoke Think Fast Die Young for the Think Fast part and turn it to +3?

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 17, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP4+1/4

I'm...too confused to be scared right now. It's a living Halloween decoration, the kind they make out of plastic and pumpkins and sell in October, and it's too...tiny and familiar to be really frightening.

"Uh...hi, Pyro Jack. I'm Stefan." I'm about to reach out to offer a handshake before I realize that he doesn't seem to have a second hand. And then the full effect of what he said about the "last one" hits.

"Wait, what was that about the other guy being dead?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP5/4

"James, what the hell has your dad been up to here?" I whisper his way as we gather around the pumpkin head lantern ghost for our friendly chat. Which is a sentence I never thought I would be thinking before this morning. We definitely need to do some digging into what's happening here. Find an office, get Sam and Laurel--

Oh god, no.

"poo poo, Sam and Laurel went down the lit tunnel!" I was kneeling a bit to try to get level with Pyro Jack, but now I suddenly stand up. "We need to go find them before whatever this 'cool thing' is...Pyro Jack, do you know anything else about this 'cool thing' that killed the other person here?"

• Locked thread