Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I don't actually know what gaslighted means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

thats treason Johnny!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
i dont even put a signature on there anymore, here in the future we use PINs

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

thats ok neither does basically anyone who uses it

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It used to mean making a sane person think they are crazy, now it means making a crazy person think they are crazy.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

My wife called me a drunk, so I accused her of gaslighting me and made another margarita.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

My wife is an old movie nerd and made me watch Gaslight like 10 years ago. It was a little weird when it suddenly became the Internet's favorite word

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Who gaslights the gaslighters?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's an important tool for deflecting criticism. This is important because now you can be criticized by thousands or even millions of people at once (unless you aren't an idiot and stay off social media).

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Germstore posted:

It's an important tool for deflecting criticism. This is important because now you can be criticized by thousands or even millions of people at once (unless you aren't an idiot and stay off social media).

Wait, what?

Gaslighting is used to deflect criticism or the other way around? I'm confused.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Wait, what?

Gaslighting is used to deflect criticism or the other way around? I'm confused.

Both ways. Actually I don't know. I didn't think about it very hard.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Germstore posted:

Both ways. Actually I don't know. I didn't think about it very hard.

I think we should get you professional help, you've been acting very out of sorts.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

I think we should get you professional help, you've been acting very out of sorts.

Please stop gaslighting me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Germstore posted:

Please stop gaslighting me.

Why are you accusing me of such horrible things? I'd never do anything of the sort to a person I cared for. This whole persecution complex you have is all in your own head.

Until you come to terms with that, you're never going to get well.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

zoink2000 posted:

I used to work at a beer store and would turn away people who put "See ID" on there cards, just because I could.

yep.

lol are you trolling?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
lol how does that even work op

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

this is asslighting, idiot

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

more like hoisted by his own poot-hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

We shall all be poisoned.

Wait, why is there a guy headfirst in the cloud this gentleman's impressive flatulence?

• Locked thread