Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

hth posted:

so is everybody else

not 1 year olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Its weird that we still call it phones nobody calls anymore

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Its weird that we still call it phones nobody calls anymore

my best friend has never bothered to set up his voicemail and he wonders why hes unemployed

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

AARO posted:

Do you think sometime in the future we'll just have a chip implanted in our brains that we can mentally maneuver to do everything a smart phone can do today?

Kramer was right. Phones in our heads. It's coming. It'll look like this.

There was a Black Mirror episode about this.

They were supposedly going to turn it into a theatrical movie with Robert Downy Jr. as the main character, what ever happened to that?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I want cellphones in the future to be like the giant foot from the classic NES game Snake Rattle n' Roll.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
me in the future "uh, yeah hi im calling you on my phone." "uh huh/" "yeah, okay" "bye"

wow its so different loving jackass shithead fuckass

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Where is it all? The nanobots, the A.I.s, the driverless vehicles, the stem cell cures, the longevity treatments, the human enhancement technologies? Always a few years away. Where's the amazing space technologies? Where are the rockets to Mars? Where's the space colonies? A few years away, I'm sure. Just like they were back in the 1970s.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

me in the future "uh, yeah hi im calling you on my phone." "uh huh/" "yeah, okay" "bye"

wow its so different loving jackass shithead fuckass
nobody's calling you OP, not now nor in the future

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
in terms of what we tolerate, how much addiction, how much it costs, and how much we pay to be spied on i'm all capped out on phones

i admit i don't really want to lose mine and then be forced to date women with no prior internet agreement that we're already attracted to each other and can calm down and half rear end the date

but i'm also not going any further forward, ive had the same phone for like four years, i just threw it 50 feet like a baseball yesterday but it did not break, and when it eventually breaks i'll just get some kind of minimal phone to keep in my car incase i get hit by another car

im weening off lovely miniature computers for retards, please consider the same

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Vegetable posted:

nobody's calling you OP, not now nor in the future

I know who you are. There's only one tard that calls everyone Op all the time even if they aren't the original poster.

I know who you are...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:lol: wtf

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Lol, the ubuntu phone being the smartphone future is even less realistic than the brain implant smartphone future.

• Locked thread