Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
The bizarre way everything flows reminds me, appropriately, of Yume Nikki, another game about wandering around in a dream. LSD doesn't look like it has as many unsettling moments, however. The captions are reminiscent of the legendary Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Special Edition LP, which also went into a lot of precise detail about the game's underlying mechanics and narrative. I look forward to seeing more of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
With all the technical issues you're experiencing, I'm just not sure a speedrun LP is the right way for you to go, sorry. I hear LPs where the LPer's face is in a little box in the corner are very popular with today's youth, you could always try that.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I hate to do this to you after all your hard work, but you already showed us what happens when you rub the books, back in your, frankly, amateurish and, dare I say, disastrous first attempt. And those weren't polygons, polygons are flat surfaces. They were cubes made of polygons. Completely different. I'm sorry to say, I think you need to start over from scratch.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Finally, something we actually want. Though, and I detest nitpicking like this, the video cut out at the 3:45 mark, just a black screen until the end. Not sure what happened there. The classic literature was still quite relaxing, despite the lack of gameplay. That said, you might need to try again, so you get an upload with fewer technical issues.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Gloomy Rube posted:

It worked fine for me, so it might just be on your end.

Apparently my joke was too opaque, maybe I should have also made reference to hyper-realistic blood and then acted like I died mid-post but my killer was kind enough to hit the submit button.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Hey, hate to be "that guy", but when you were walking in the desert, you met a tortoise. You flipped the tortoise over on its back, and it couldn't recover, not without your help. But you weren't helping. Why is that?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I don't like criticizing, but since watching that last video, I've had a constant feeling of being watched, including a shadowy figure standing in my bedroom doorway, motionless, every night, and most of my own video games have gone wildly off-script, featuring hyper-realistic blood, the Happy Mask Salesman from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and oddly convenient arrangements of the second-generation Pokemon, Unown. This is a fairly common encoding error, you may need a fresh upload.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

NewMars posted:

That sounds like it might be on your end though. Have you tried restarting your computer, turning your monitor on, waking up, praising satan or lighting some incense?

You're right, I got confused, the same day I'd purchased a copy of Blinx the Time Sweeper from a toothless old man at a yard sale in front of a house I'd never seen before that was gone the next day. It had supposedly belonged to a boy who was serial killed by a man who got a blood transfusion from Ted Bundy's hairdresser. I should have known something was up when I noticed that the iconic character of Blinx was replaced with Slender Man in the first level and the only music was Lavender Town from Pokemon, except played backwards. Well, long story short, I just had to call Microsoft and they traded me a clean disc, easy-peasy, turns out they're really interested in acquiring copies of games with those kinds of defects.

That said all the video captions were in Japanese, and I'm not good enough at kanji to read them, so maybe RSB could post a translation?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Hey, I never like having to do this, but there was an issue with the commentary. There wasn't any. No voice, no subtitles, nothing, just a still image of the Queen of Kanji for four-plus minutes. The LP Curse is loving ruthless this time around, you have my deepest sympathies, but I think you may need to go back to square one.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Weird, I had the opposite problem, the commentary and video won't stop playing for me. Also, I seem to be stuck in these ruins now. I really don't want to just jump in the pit.

Well, be careful, you might be experiencing unrelated phenomena. I nearly flagged an old Chip Cheezum video when I blacked out after watching it, and came to three days later, thirty miles from home. Turned out I'd ventured too far into the woods on a hike a few weeks prior and attracted the attention of a dark and ancient evil, so I contacted my city councilman and he had the area bulldozed, took care of the problem right away. Boy, could you imagine how embarrassed I'd have been if I'd gone through with flagging Chip's video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

That was incredible, and I, for one, thank you for putting all this work into a truly excellent, if brief, LP.

However, and you know I don't like doing this, mere hours after your upload, all of my nightmares became manifest and now threaten the entire world. Might be an unrelated issue, but just thought you should know. Not that it does anything to undermine that raw quality of this masterpiece, that's definitely the one worth keeping.

(But seriously, goddamn, this was a hell of a trip, and I'm glad to have been a part of the thread.)

• Locked thread