Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Let's talk about cars and what cars we like and hate. I really want a new car but then again, I hardly drive the one I've got; but otoh maybe I would drive a new car more, if it were more enjoyable? I spend most of my waking hours thinking about death and what it would be like to not exist ha ha.. Anyway what is a good car to have and drive, if you're a poor idiot retard? I've been thinking about buying a renault kadjar:

or maybe a renault captur. Once, as a child, I found a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest and I tried to end its life by stepping on it but I didn't have the stomach to stomp with all my weight so I just sort of stepped a bit on it and made everything worse. The Renault captur is the little brother of the Renault Kadjar. I know some people say french cars are bad but I don't think so, necessarily.:

at one point I almost bought a SMART but I never got around to it:

Driving to Las Vegas in my mid twenties, I rented a Dodge Charger (2011) and it was a wonderful experience.I once called up an ex girlfriend of mine and told her that I never liked her dog and she didn't remember who I were nor did she remember our time together. I could probably not afford or justfiy owning a Dodge Charger though.

Once as a child my parents had a golden toyota and when I was like 4 I wanted to play superman and pretended that I could lift the car and I pulled so hard on the fender that it came off. My parents didn't yell at me and somewhere there's a picture of me standing in front of the garage in a mickey mouse sweater holding the fender. It's one of those one of those mid-eighties kinds of tinted pictures that make you feel a little sad whenever you look at them, like you're supposed to miss the person on the picture even if its you.

Any way, one fun car I've ridden recently was a Citroen C1 - now there's a smart little city bug that can get you from point A to point B and is a pleasure to park!

MY buddy ran over some old lady's foot in it and she screamed like hell and high water but no cops were nearby.

What are some other good cars you want, or have ridden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I like cars

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Which cars do you like?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Whatever you do don't get the tall clio with the 0.9 "engine". It is very thirsty (and gutless, obviously).

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

NihilismNow posted:

Whatever you do don't get the tall clio with the 0.9 "engine". It is very thirsty (and gutless, obviously).

I briefly considered the clio for a littel while but i decided against it when I saw a woman I dislike drive one.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
zoom zomo!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I want to sell my car and move somewhere I can drive a motorcycle year round.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I want to wait 7 years and then buy a used Lexus hybrid.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I have a Honda Civic coupe. It is adequate for my driving needs.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
BMW is the greatest brand of cars I love my old 87 325i that I gave to my dad after the timing belt snapped and hosed the engine, it was his retirement project fun and he fixed the whole car up super nice and I get to drive it everytime I go visit my parents

Now I have a '99 323 which is also very nice but doesn't look quite as kicking rad as the 87.

Also toyota are real good for just commuting and poo poo cause milage is insane and runs very reliable

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Here's a fun game: when you're on a road trip, take note of the grand ams and where you see them, you might notice a pattern

They're almost never on the freeway and are always numerous in back water towns like Pendleton or Boise

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I have a car. Driving it to places means that I have to spend less time than I would if I were to walk or take a bus.

Edit: It also makes the range of places I can visit much larger.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Op I think you'll find that a blue Citroen C1 is the better ride

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hello I am a car nerd listen to me talk about the finer points of my 25 year old BMW that I have somehow convinced myself is cool and good.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

tenspott posted:

Hello I am a car nerd listen to me talk about the finer points of my 25 year old BMW that I have somehow convinced myself is cool and good.

You can suck my drat balls

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If there's a non-ricey Subaru ahead of you you might as well just change lanes now. They're going to be doing ten under, sit at green lights, and roll to a stop in an attempt to let someone who is actually waiting for the bus to jaywalk across the road.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
None of my cars are newer than 1974. Not because I planned that, but because I'm poor and stupid.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

tenspott posted:

It's really fun to destroy these cars, though. Like just destroy them cover them in blood and brains. Drive them into the underground brick wall warehouses with guardian Pitbulls. These are the cars that make real life GTA a real video game.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
If you're tired of walking and riding the bus, just commandeer a cop car instead. Think of it as ride sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loKCiaYhFSk

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Alternatively, a blue mr2 is a fun blast

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'd like to own/drive a Lancia Stratos but I'm not man enough.

Vroom motherfucker.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

That looks like a fun car. WHat kind of, uh, wheels are on that baby?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I like cars that are original and maintained. I like to buy inexpensive used cars that are well maintained and in original condition. Preferably Toyota and Lexus since they don't break down. I will never pay more than $5000 for a car. gently caress you if you don't take care of your care.

Geirskogul posted:

None of my cars are newer than 1974. Not because I planned that, but because I'm poor and stupid.

I am poor and stupid as well but also drive much more modern and nicer vehicles than you

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i saw a mclaren mp412c yesterday. they look fast i guess

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

a dog from hell posted:

If you're tired of walking and riding the bus, just commandeer a cop car instead. Think of it as ride sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loKCiaYhFSk

You know the way the police commandeer people's cars in films when there's an emergency? That should be allowed the other way round. "Excuse me, officer, I'm going to have to commandeer this vehicle. The comic book store is almost out of Free Comic Book Day comics, and I'm not missing out this year. Now move over and show me how to turn the siren on."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

I would like a blue 32 Ford

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
You gotta be rat fink to read the gauges on that '32.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

you seem to like red cars op, red cars are good

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I call my subaru the Battle Wagon and we go hiking and offroading and fishing together. I think it's love and i have no real reason to form any other meaningful relationships so i will likely spend the rest of my life alone but its okay because I hope to die quite soon and also I can sleep in the Battle Wagon and i turn the seat heter on when I have cramps (heh heh sorry boys TMI right??? :) ) anyways thanks for reading, have a great day!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoy driving my Honda CR-V

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

VikingSkull posted:

I would like a blue 32 Ford

A rat rod classic

But I think the black 32 Ford is where the style comes in

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

A rat rod classic

You can't go wrong with a black Deuce Coupe, but really you don't get into class unless it's a black '49 Mercury

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

A rat rod classic

It occasionally rains here.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

You can't go wrong with a black Deuce Coupe, but really you don't get into class unless it's a black '49 Mercury

Personally, I like this red 59 Mercury.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Nooner posted:

BMW is the greatest brand of cars I love my old 87 325i that I gave to my dad after the timing belt snapped and hosed the engine, it was his retirement project fun and he fixed the whole car up super nice and I get to drive it everytime I go visit my parents

Now I have a '99 323 which is also very nice but doesn't look quite as kicking rad as the 87.

Also toyota are real good for just commuting and poo poo cause milage is insane and runs very reliable

nice i have a 96 us market 328i convertible project that just needs a little suspension and interior refreshing. kinda hosed off all summer and missed my window on that for this year.

refreshing the suspension on my DD 02 WRX tuner. winter here is the season of infinite empty parking lot drifting

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

A wagon is good for a lot of friends, but this red 59 VW is a true multi-purpose vehicle.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i drive an ice cream truck

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i like cars with character and ideals more than best/fastest/highest tech

so i snipe craigslists for 10-20 year old beaters that can be put back together and enjoyed for less than $5k

and sometimes they dont suck when im done

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pham Nuwen posted:

Dang that's some jetsons looking poo poo

Spreading the future, I think this blasphemous red delorean might be the key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010